North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Club/Coach Performance - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Club/Coach Performance

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Club/Coach Performance - Page 2 Empty Re: Club/Coach Performance

Post by Lefty 04/08/14, 10:13 am

soccerjack wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
soccerjack wrote:The prior posts are exactly my point.  If the texans had 4 teams and placed three.. good results, if FCD had 15 teams and placed 1. not so good.  I already mentioned the D'feeters.  The problem again is the price is about the same.  Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of ranking for the clubs and coaches for the parents with a 7 or 8 year old.   I think it's great for any kid that wants to play having a place to do it.....But should it be the same price?  I firmly believe that if you took highly athletic twins with the same determination and placed them with two different coaches/clubs...you could have two completely different results.  The problem is there is no place to easily check coach and club performance.  Again with the amount of time and money invested in this, it would be nice to have a grade card for the parents/consumers to look at.

Fire it up Jack!

Here's 3 links to get you started...

http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/
http://www.pysa.org/
http://www.arlingtonsoccer.org/

In about 3 weeks, you'll be able to go to each of these websites and navigate to their Fall 2014 schedules and standings.  That will give you a comprehensive list of where every select team in NTX in every age group from U11 through U19 is playing.  From there, you can do the math and the stats and summarize any way you like.  Just don't forget that from U14-U18, you have to also account for 1 ECNL team in each age group for D'Feeters/FC Dallas/Solar/Sting/Texans.

Want to get an idea about coaches?  Pretty much every club in the list you put together from above, has a website that is pretty easy to find, and on that website, you're likely to find a list of the club's teams, with their coach's name.  Sync up the coaching list with the team list, and there you go...

Beyond that, you'll start getting into a lot of opinion over which coaches/clubs are truly developing players, vs. which coaches/clubs are recruiting machines that are just assembling the best talent.

LOL and there lies the problem....my last kid just went select and I'm too lazy to do all that work.  I was hoping you would care enough to do it.  This is why it's such a great business model, brand new people every year that don't know any better.  You are the only one capable of doing it correctly....was hoping to draw you in.

Why would anyone collect and GIVE you the information?

The information is readily available if you want to do the work or talk to some people who have been around the block a time or two.

What is the benefit to the people 'in the money' in club soccer to give you the information? Many of them count on parents like you to be able to stock their teams at the younger ages.

Rest assured, if your DD is good enough, the best ones will find her and it will not be about the money.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 04/08/14, 10:16 am

I think the research/analysis is already occuring....but nobody is taking the time to publish thier results in a logical and objective format.  It takes too much effort and they probably don't want the backlash from some peeps on this forum  Shocked

Some peeps like BWG, Borussia have stepped up over time and has done most of the research for us (Statstically speaking).

The FBR has about 90% accurate.  That right there tells you A LOT!  With the exception of that 10%....the FBR has proven its worth leading into the LHGCL QT.  At the younger ages...maybe its not accurate...but as closer the teams gets to the QT...the more accurate it becomes.
The FBR tells you who will be in LHGCL DIV 1, 2, & 3....but not in any particular order...just that they made it.

Now what it doesn't tell you (explicitly state) is about the coaching style....but as long as the coach has a history of coaching and not a fly by night coach, it does speak to thier coaching ability(for better or Worse).  You can develop all you want, but it's the games is what matters, and if thier not able to put the development into the games....then parents don't stick around.

I do have to agree that some coaches have a great history of training and development.....and those coaches lean or will eventually lean towards the bigger club...which in turn makes the club look that much better.  Those coaches don't leave bigger clubs to join smaller clubs.  They leave one big club and join another big club.... or start thier own club.

In closing, I personally feel that the system works against you and I (or the consumer).  All contracts/clubs work in favor of other than the consumer.  Just drop your kid off at games/practices and leave and btw, you sign your rights away to have ANY discussion about your DD soccer involvement.  Now just leave the money on the nightstand  scratch 
So yes I wish that there was a "one stop shop" way of grading the coaches......but as what "10sDad" wrote, its about finding out about the coach and his/her coach "style" and how it correlates to your DD...and that only comes with showing up at thier practices.
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/08/14, 10:25 am

Agree with SocDad.

Other big factor in which coach is right depends on your DD's goals, not everyone is targeting National Team or College Scholarships.

Some 'coaches' are poor teachers, but good tactically and in game coaches, while other coaches are great skills teachers but weak game coaches. Some are poor at both and just yell 'run faster and try harder', and others are strong across the board.

Just have to know what you are looking for in a coach for your DD at any point in time, as her developmental needs may change across time.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 10:30 am

SocDad wrote:The FBR has about 90% accurate.  That right there tells you A LOT!  With the exception of that 10%....the FBR has proven its worth leading into the LHGCL QT.  At the younger ages...maybe its not accurate...but as closer the teams gets to the QT...the more accurate it becomes.
The FBR tells you who will be in LHGCL DIV 1, 2, & 3....but not in any particular order...just that they made it.
The FBR is a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is why if anyone ever tells you that academy is about development...you should ask to share what they are smoking.
Academy is ABSOLUTELY NOT for development - it never was...it was just sold as that. Academy is about recruiting for U-11 and beyond. Academy is a scourge on youth soccer...yeah, I said it. Went through this with the older one when there was no academy, and now with the younger one with the academy system in place, so I have seen both. Academy is about winning at all costs starting at U-8. U-8!!!!!
You have to win at U-8 to be the #1 team in your club and get the intra-club players at U-9 (you know...become the "A" team).
You have to win at U-9 to build your ranking and get in the platinum league for 11v11 (and recruit)
You have to win at U-10 to build your ranking and get a high seed for LH QT.
You have to win at U-11 to be in the "true" D1.
You have to win at U-12 because that's when the ECNL discussion starts like U-9 academy.
By god...if your kid isn't playing on the top U-8 academy team, they will NEVER make ECNL or get that college scholarship!!! If they aren't you better work those politics and get private lessons on off practice days, and guest play your butt off, and, and and...What a bunch of hooey!
Put all that pressure on a kid starting at U-8....and they quit soccer looooooooong before there is any talk of a soccer scholarship at college because they are young kids that want to have fun...but mommy and daddy are so f'ing intent on bragging to their friends on facebook that the kids aren't doing it for fun anymore...they are doing it to make mommy and daddy happy at the watercooler - and of course, to avoid the butt-chewing on the ride home in the car....at 8 years old....
But...if you listen to this board...your childs future depends on what team they are on at that age.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 04/08/14, 10:50 am

10sDad wrote:
SocDad wrote:The FBR has about 90% accurate.  That right there tells you A LOT!  With the exception of that 10%....the FBR has proven its worth leading into the LHGCL QT.  At the younger ages...maybe its not accurate...but as closer the teams gets to the QT...the more accurate it becomes.
The FBR is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  It is why if anyone ever tells you that academy is about development...you should ask to share what they are smoking.
Academy is ABSOLUTELY NOT for development - it never was...it was just sold as that. Academy is about recruiting for U-11 and beyond.  Academy is a scourge on youth soccer...yeah, I said it.  Went through this with the older one when there was no academy, and now with the younger one with the academy system in place, so I have seen both.  Academy is about winning at all costs starting at U-8.  U-8!!!!!  
You have to win at U-8 to be the #1 team in your club and get the intra-club players at U-9 (you know...become the "A" team).
You have to win at U-9 to build your ranking and get in the platinum league for 11v11 (and recruit)
You have to win at U-12 because that's when the ECNL discussion starts like U-9 academy.
By god...if your kid isn't playing on the top U-8 academy team, they will NEVER make ECNL or get that college scholarship!!!  If they aren't you better work those politics and get private lessons on off practice days, and guest play your butt off, and, and and...What a bunch of hooey!
Put all that pressure on a kid starting at U-8....and they quit soccer looooooooong before there is any talk of a soccer scholarship at college because they are young kids that want to have fun...but mommy and daddy are so f'ing intent on bragging to their friends on facebook that the kids aren't doing it for fun anymore...they are doing it to make mommy and daddy happy at the watercooler - and of course, to avoid the butt-chewing on the ride home in the car....at 8 years old....
But...if you listen to this board...your childs future depends on what team they are on at that age.

I'm not the Card dealer.....just a player at the table...and I do my best to play the cards that I am delt (bluff'ing most of the time  Very Happy  )
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 04/08/14, 11:02 am

SocDad wrote:
10sDad wrote:
The FBR is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  It is why if anyone ever tells you that academy is about development...you should ask to share what they are smoking.
Academy is ABSOLUTELY NOT for development - it never was...it was just sold as that. Academy is about recruiting for U-11 and beyond.  Academy is a scourge on youth soccer...yeah, I said it.  Went through this with the older one when there was no academy, and now with the younger one with the academy system in place, so I have seen both.  Academy is about winning at all costs starting at U-8.  U-8!!!!!  
By god...if your kid isn't playing on the top U-8 academy team, they will NEVER make ECNL or get that college scholarship!!!  If they aren't you better work those politics and get private lessons on off practice days, and guest play your butt off, and, and and...What a bunch of hooey!

I'm not the Card dealer.....just a player at the table...and I do my best to play the cards that I am delt (bluff'ing most of the time  Very Happy  )

FBR only proves that if you get ranked high enough that you will most likely beat the weakest teams available to play lol

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/08/14, 11:03 am

10sDad wrote:

We have operated with the approach that putting our DD's in the best developmental situation (team / coach) for her at any point in time is our responsibility.

We have not really worried much about 'team' other than is it right for the level of play and competition she needs to continue to develop at that point in time. Some years along the way that has been D2 teams where they needed to bear responsibility for leading the team and winning the games, and in other years it has been ECNL or National League teams where they needed to fit in as part of an elite high performing team.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 04/08/14, 11:19 am

What an interesting conversation to be having after contracts have been signed and qualifying rounds played.  Buyer's remorse?  Or just an acknowledgement that the marathon is far from over?
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 04/08/14, 11:37 am

Ok, with a couple caveats - winning programs does not equal good development, coaches change clubs, different clubs commit to the girls programs differently, etc., etc., etc.,

Taken from the final FBR 7/21 - which only includes teams playing in the seeding showdown, Tut, and LHGCL qualifying.  Will update again based on Plano and Arlington qualifying, as a few clubs will have additional teams in that lot.

For clubs with at least 3 teams in the final FBR:

D1  D3  LH Total   %

Texans      3    1    4     4    100%
Tx Spirit    2    1    3     3    100%
Sting         5    1    6     7      86%
Liverpool   4    1    5     7      71%
D'Feeters  1    1    2     3      67%
FC Dallas   1    0    1     6      17%

Obviously, this doesn't give credit to smaller clubs / individual teams who have also excelled (Odyssey, Mustangs, Kicks, Solar, ETUFC, Andromeda, GSSC, SRFC and Lady Aztects) and which all landed LH spots without the "big club" name or backing.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 11:39 am

FBR can't be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It predicted that 10sDad's DD's would be playing in LHGCL this year, but apparently, that isn't going to happen...

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 11:49 am

bwgophers wrote:FBR can't be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

It predicted that 10sDad's DD's would be playing in LHGCL this year, but apparently, that isn't going to happen...

you got jokes...and see the other thread. But as far as FBR goes - yes, it is accurate for ranking...never said otherwise. My comment was that parents look at that and want their kid on a "top ten" team....which, in turn makes the top teams stronger, and the lower teams weaker...a self-fulfilling prophecy.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 04/08/14, 11:54 am

Now, I haven't run the #'s on it...nor do I think I'm going too........but......

The 10-15% margin of error that the FBR has......would that that apply to only the 26-30 FBR ranked teams (3-5 teams)....so if your one of them....you should be worried about not making one of the 30 spots.

When I view the FBR, I look at it like this:
1.  Rankings of all teams
2.  Who will the LHGCL 30 spots go to (Div 1, 2, 3 are to be decided later)
3.  What's for dinner tonight?
98.  Did I mow my lawn this week?
99.  Who's going to make Div 1, 2 or 3
100.  RASE vs TX Spirit...who's really #1
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 11:55 am

10sDad wrote:

you got jokes...and see the other thread.  But as far as FBR goes - yes, it is accurate for ranking...never said otherwise.  My comment was that parents look at that and want their kid on a "top ten" team....which, in turn makes the top teams stronger, and the lower teams weaker...a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

So then it was the other 10sDad who said this in https://www.txsoccer.net/t20942-04-girls-fbr-rankings-06-19-14  Question 

'04 GIRLS FBR RANKINGS - 06-19-14
"remember a month ago or so when I said that the FBR would be seriously inaccurate and essentially meaningless, as it can't track all the recent player movements, addition/subtraction of teams, etc.?"

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 04/08/14, 11:58 am

10sDad wrote:

you got jokes...and see the other thread.  But as far as FBR goes - yes, it is accurate for ranking...never said otherwise.  My comment was that parents look at that and want their kid on a "top ten" team....which, in turn makes the top teams stronger, and the lower teams weaker...a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

Rankings don't win games. Somewhat chicken and egg but I think this is the order: recruiting plus coaching = wins => ranking bonus => recruiting bonus => wins => ranking,,,wash, rinse, repeat.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 04/08/14, 12:00 pm

This is definitely a younger age topic... I would say not to let winning be your primary motivator. First ask why are you in Select soccer for?  I think a realistic goal would be to get the most help with College as you can via soccer. And then plan ahead.. No reason to create a formula. Here is a link which has a lot of interesting College commitment info. You can sort several ways on the page, but it should link right to commitments by "Club". What better indicator would you want?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AriynKqmGsRwdGUyR1ZrSFFUbHFZblNCMnBNZnNqc1E&output=html&gid=6
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 12:17 pm

bwgophers wrote:
10sDad wrote:

So then it was the other 10sDad who said this in https://www.txsoccer.net/t20942-04-girls-fbr-rankings-06-19-14  Question 

'04 GIRLS FBR RANKINGS - 06-19-14
"remember a month ago or so when I said that the FBR would be seriously inaccurate and essentially meaningless, as it can't track all the recent player movements, addition/subtraction of teams, etc.?"
And the hits just keep on comin!!  Laughing 
Yep...I said it...and I stand by it too. Back in June, there was so much movement and shopping goin on, that nobody knew where anybody would end up. What was weird, is that so many decided to stay put - perhaps I understated the loyalty factor. I think our team was at 9 or 10 at that time, and we ended up with 15...so, I will say that our team was significantly different personel wise than we were spring season (actually, we didn't exist the first half of spring season but that's beside the point)  Laughing 
Anyway, I have seen a lot of different faces on different teams. Kicks/Mustangs/Aztecs is a prime example - there was quite a bit of movement there...
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 04/08/14, 06:29 pm

10sDad wrote:

Not every parent wants their kid on a top ten team, some kids don't want to join a top team. And why so upset about what league you play in. If you like your coach and he's teaching "developing" your DD, then why all the fuss. A part of that development is teaching the girls how to defend against the "bootball". It's a part of soccer. Why so bitter, your DD still has her coach and team developing possession soccer. I'm sure CJ will have the team playing better by the time QT's come back around. Until then, maybe you shouldn't attract so much attention to your team. I remember when CJ's teams didn't have that unwanted attention. They just played ball and didn't worry about wins or stats or rankings. But then again that was a completely different team now wasn't it.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 06:57 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:
10sDad wrote:

Not every parent wants their kid on a top ten team, some kids don't want to join a top team. And why so upset about what league you play in. If you like your coach and he's teaching "developing" your DD, then why all the fuss. A part of that development is teaching the girls how to defend against the "bootball". It's a part of soccer. Why so bitter, your DD still has her coach and team developing possession soccer. I'm sure CJ will have the team  playing better by the time QT's come back around. Until then, maybe you shouldn't attract so much attention to your team. I remember when CJ's teams didn't have that unwanted attention. They just played ball and didn't worry about wins or stats or rankings. But then again that was a completely different team now wasn't it.
Now that there is funny. And you, of all people should understand why I think that is funny.
I will say it again...happy with the coach. Happy with the style of play being taught. Coaching she is receiving now will be a huge advantage in a couple years. Sad about the not making LH - its less about the "prestige", and more about the challenge. This team can challenge any of the bottom 10 in D1, and would probably go at least 50% or better in D3...but Plano is a slower game, thus handicapping development efforts as applying the lessons learned in practice at game speed is lacking. You are correct about defending the bootball style...we tried...and were 99% effective...just like birth control.
Thats why.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/08/14, 07:22 pm

10sDad wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
10sDad wrote:

Not every parent wants their kid on a top ten team, some kids don't want to join a top team. And why so upset about what league you play in. If you like your coach and he's teaching "developing" your DD, then why all the fuss. A part of that development is teaching the girls how to defend against the "bootball". It's a part of soccer. Why so bitter, your DD still has her coach and team developing possession soccer. I'm sure CJ will have the team  playing better by the time QT's come back around. Until then, maybe you shouldn't attract so much attention to your team. I remember when CJ's teams didn't have that unwanted attention. They just played ball and didn't worry about wins or stats or rankings. But then again that was a completely different team now wasn't it.
Now that there is funny.  And you, of all people should understand why I think that is funny.  
I will say it again...happy with the coach.  Happy with the style of play being taught.  Coaching she is receiving now will be a huge advantage in a couple years.  Sad about the not making LH - its less about the "prestige", and more about the challenge.  This team can challenge any of the bottom 10 in D1, and would probably go at least 50% or better in D3...but Plano is a slower game, thus handicapping development efforts as applying the lessons learned in practice at game speed is lacking.  You are correct about defending the bootball style...we tried...and were 99% effective...just like birth control.
Thats why.

I am proud to announce you not only won the Jacka$$ of the day award...But now you are the proud recipient of the Grade A A$$clown award! This is a great achievement never done before. Whats amazing, is most on here gave compliments to your team and you have done nothing but bad mouth every team your kid lost to. I'm sure this will help with future recruiting for your coach and might give teams in PPL added incentive to "dare I say..score a goal against your team" cheatin bunch of brats..running down the field and kicking the ball in the goal.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 07:44 pm

soccerjack wrote:
10sDad wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
10sDad wrote:

Now that there is funny.  And you, of all people should understand why I think that is funny.  
I will say it again...happy with the coach.  Happy with the style of play being taught.  Coaching she is receiving now will be a huge advantage in a couple years.  Sad about the not making LH - its less about the "prestige", and more about the challenge.  This team can challenge any of the bottom 10 in D1, and would probably go at least 50% or better in D3...but Plano is a slower game, thus handicapping development efforts as applying the lessons learned in practice at game speed is lacking.  You are correct about defending the bootball style...we tried...and were 99% effective...just like birth control.
Thats why.

I am proud to announce you not only won the Jacka$$ of the day award...But now you are the proud recipient of the Grade A A$$clown award!  This is a great achievement never done before.  Whats amazing, is most on here gave compliments to your team and you have done nothing but bad mouth every team your kid lost to.  I'm sure this will help with future recruiting for your coach and might give teams in PPL added incentive to "dare I say..score a goal against your team" cheatin bunch of brats..running down the field and kicking the ball in the goal.
Jeez, Jack -
Thanks for the award...but that was probably my least offensive post of the day! You are starting to sound like one of those whackjobs that are just looking for any word at all to be offended at.... here is a word for you: "is" ---are you offended?
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/08/14, 08:18 pm

10sDad wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
10sDad wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
10sDad wrote:

Thats why.

I am proud to announce you not only won the Jacka$$ of the day award...But now you are the proud recipient of the Grade A A$$clown award!  This is a great achievement never done before.  Whats amazing, is most on here gave compliments to your team and you have done nothing but bad mouth every team your kid lost to.  I'm sure this will help with future recruiting for your coach and might give teams in PPL added incentive to "dare I say..score a goal against your team" cheatin bunch of brats..running down the field and kicking the ball in the goal.
Jeez, Jack -
Thanks for the award...but that was probably my least offensive post of the day!  You are starting to sound like one of those whackjobs that are just looking for any word at all to be offended at....  here is a word for you:  "is"  ---are you offended?

Nah,
You've just thrown too many slow pitches right down the middle...too easy to swing at. Your kid is on a good team, that over time will do well and learn. I get tired of listening to both sides, the Boot ballers and the Possession ballers. Probably a happy middle somewhere. I guess I'm a moderate soccer parent. Let them have fun and learn. Teach possession but let them take a swat at the goal every once in awhile at this age. I remember being in fifth grade, sports were very important, but so were those girls that were becoming attractive for some reason. To make this post really cool let's say I'm a hot soccer mom also...but I digress. If we take all the fun out of it and make it an a$$ whipping, why would a 10 yr old want to play?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 04/08/14, 08:26 pm

After this thread, soon to come to all Soccer Club Contracts:

Paragraph 14.c.2
Parents may not discuss anything that concerns thier Team, Coach or Club on any social website....especially TXSOCCER.net.  For it brings unwanted attention.  Doing so, will be grounds for dismissal, a kick in the pants and no entitlement to a refund.
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 04/08/14, 08:29 pm

SocDad wrote:After this thread, soon to come to all Soccer Club Contracts:

Paragraph 14.c.2
Parents may not discuss anything that concerns thier Team, Coach or Club on any social website....especially TXSOCCER.net.  For it brings unwanted attention.  Doing so, will be grounds for dismissal, a kick in the pants and no entitlement to a refund.

At least it started off as interesting.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/08/14, 09:21 pm

10sDad wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
10sDad wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
10sDad wrote:

Thats why.

Jeez, Jack -
Thanks for the award...but that was probably my least offensive post of the day!  You are starting to sound like one of those whackjobs that are just looking for any word at all to be offended at....  here is a word for you:  "is"  ---are you offended?

Wow...you just keep throwing them. To let you know I am a middle aged white man. But I caught what might be perceived as a slur... "is" ---are you offended? Again wow. Keep up the recruiting. I would certainly hope your intent here is different from how it comes across. I prefer to keep it interesting and say I'm a hot soccer mom. Good luck.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 09:27 pm

Not a slur....it just has no definition and therefore could not possibly be offensive...as in ---- "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is." - Bill Clinton
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/08/14, 10:37 pm

10sDad wrote:Not a slur....it just has no definition and therefore could not possibly be offensive...as in ---- "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is." - Bill Clinton

Are we talking about 10 year old soccer here? I think you should be the head recruiter for your team. You should call them the aryian nation rough riders. Please correct my spelling if it's incorrect, don't use that word very often...let alone in girls soccer.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next