North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U20 Women's World Cup Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

U20 Women's World Cup

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

U20 Women's World Cup Empty U20 Women's World Cup

Post by soccerfreaky 06/08/14, 09:26 am

SPOILER ALERT

Hey y'all - did anyone see the game last night USA v Germany? Did you know this tournament had even started? I saw it only a couple hours before gametime. I'm glad I caught it though.

SPOILER ALERT

We lost. Pretty handily.

Also, after the game, a great show on Abby Wambach and her journey to the USWNT, called Abby Head On. I don't see it scheduled for replay, but youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpJV3n3Yno
I would say required watching for the serious DDs out there.

Next Game is at 9pm Friday v. Brazil on ESPNU.
soccerfreaky
soccerfreaky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

U20 Women's World Cup Empty Re: U20 Women's World Cup

Post by SD69 06/08/14, 10:12 am

Watched the first installment of the AW series on youtube. Showed her getting staples to a gash while on the field. A little wincing was the only reaction she showed. Unbelievable.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 06/08/14, 11:10 am

soccerfreaky wrote:SPOILER ALERT

Hey y'all  - did anyone see the game last night USA v Germany?   Did you know this tournament had even started?  I saw it only a couple hours before gametime.   I'm glad I caught it though.  

SPOILER ALERT

We lost.  Pretty handily.

Also, after the game, a great show on Abby Wambach and her journey to the USWNT, called Abby Head On.  I don't see it scheduled for replay, but youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpJV3n3Yno

I really don't want to start it down this path, but I found this interesting.

U-20 WNT has 21 players rostered.
19 of those are ECNL alumni.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfreaky 06/08/14, 11:13 am

That was one my favorite parts. I've never seen stapling before. It did seem to stop the blood from flowing like an open faucet. She was still a bit leaky afterwards though.

It's that mental toughness that says "not wind, nor rain, nor 15 staples in my cranium... will keep my from beating my opponent."
soccerfreaky
soccerfreaky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/14, 11:30 am

[quote]

19 of those are ECNL alumni.
[/quote]

Isn't it unanimous that the best players are in ECNL so naturally the USWNT players would all be from ECNL teams?  I am surprised 2 of them were not in ECNL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 06/08/14, 12:49 pm

You can find the game on ESPN3
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#sport/soccer-futbol/type/replay/
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy 06/08/14, 12:58 pm

1.5 million girls playing in US Youth Soccer compared to about 8000 in ECNL. Shouldn't there be more players coming from USYS and National League to the National Team?

Big Daddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 06/08/14, 01:12 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:

Hey y'all  - did anyone see the game last night USA v Germany?   Did you know this tournament had even started?  I saw it only a couple hours before gametime.   I'm glad I caught it though.  

SPOILER ALERT

Also, after the game, a great show on Abby Wambach and her journey to the USWNT, called Abby Head On.  I don't see it scheduled for replay, but youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpJV3n3Yno

19 of those are ECNL alumni
This may explain why, "We lost.  Pretty handily."
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ20 06/08/14, 01:31 pm

Watched second half. Hope that was an off game for the US. Skill level and speed of play was deplorable. If that is the cream of the crop from ECNL.... looks as though the US should look elsewhere for the USWNT players of the future.

JJ20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 06/08/14, 01:33 pm

This may explain why, "We lost.  Pretty handily."[/quote]

No, No it was not!!

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 06/08/14, 01:43 pm

killdog wrote:Watched second half.  Hope that was an off game for the US. Skill level and speed of play was deplorable.  If that is the cream of the crop from ECNL.... looks as though the US should look elsewhere for the USWNT players of the future.
 cheers 
While I agree that MOST of the top talent plays ECNL, you can't limit your roster to one style, brand, mix of players. USWNT recruiters and coaches, definitely need to step their game up, and fast.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 06/08/14, 03:11 pm

soccerfreaky wrote:That was one my favorite parts.  I've never seen stapling before.  It did seem to stop the blood from flowing like an open faucet. She was still a bit leaky afterwards though.  

It's that mental toughness that says "not wind, nor rain, nor 15 staples in my cranium... will keep my from beating my opponent."

As much as I love Wambach, it's not all mental toughness. My middle had three staples in her head at age four. No anesthetic. The ER doc said research has shown the body has enough adrenaline running through it that the quick click of a stapler is far less painful than an anesthetic injection and sutures. Also, staples don't require shaving the scalp.

But in regards to the game, I was surprised by the amount of kick ball and bad passes from the US.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 08/08/14, 07:51 pm

Wow Germany vs China...what a game! Very impressed with China. Up against superior athleticism and a better technical team, they played them head up using incredible work rate and queens of one touch passing.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 08/08/14, 09:45 pm

I just don't understand why Pugh gets injured when a Brazil player injuries her and gets a yellow card. Why are we not allowed a sub that should not effect the 3 sub rule.  Am I crazy or is that not make sense. We run short for 7 min. This is a crazy situation that should not happen in any sports. It encourages dirty play.
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 08/08/14, 11:30 pm

Juice Box wrote:I just don't understand why Pugh gets injured when a Brazil player injuries her and gets a yellow card. Why are we not allowed a sub that should not effect the 3 sub rule.  Am I crazy or is that not make sense. We run short for 7 min. This is a crazy situation that should not happen in any sports.  It encourages dirty play.

When all is said and done and my daughter's soccer career comes to an end, I think her claim to fame will be the time Pugh trucked her and gave her a tournament ending concussion.

Watching them play the other day, my daughter walks by and watches for a few minutes...."Hey, that's the girl that ran me over."
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 09/08/14, 08:08 am

MoveYourFeet wrote:
Juice Box wrote:I just don't understand why Pugh gets injured when a Brazil player injuries her and gets a yellow card. Why are we not allowed a sub that should not effect the 3 sub rule.  Am I crazy or is that not make sense. We run short for 7 min. This is a crazy situation that should not happen in any sports.  It encourages dirty play.

When all is said and done and my daughter's soccer career comes to an end, I think her claim to fame will be the time Pugh trucked her and gave her a tournament ending concussion.

Watching them play the other day, my daughter walks by and watches for a few minutes...."Hey, that's the girl that ran me over."

Wow. That sucks! That is for sure a big fear of mine.

From you experience with your DD. How do you feel about girls wearing the compression headband even though they have not had a concussion. I keep on thinking that I need to put one on her.
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/14, 08:37 am

futbollove wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

Freaking hilarious... I love it!

SPOILER ALERT

19 of those are ECNL alumni
This may explain why, "We lost.  Pretty handily."

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2002 11/08/14, 09:22 am

Juice Box wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

From you experience with your DD. How do you feel about girls wearing the compression headband even though  they have not had a concussion. I keep on thinking that I need to put one on her.

I know you didn't ask me, but both of my kids wear one. Blessfully nothing has happened to them and would prefer to keep them save. Not sure how much the Full 90's protect...I think more of it is physiological or thinking it will protect, but would rather have them wear something just in case. I think I am going to start looking at the Storelli type. Looks for padded but not the most glamor headgear out there though, but if its all about protection - who cares.

SoccerDad2002
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 11/08/14, 10:08 am

Juice Box wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

From you experience with your DD. How do you feel about girls wearing the compression headband even though  they have not had a concussion. I keep on thinking that I need to put one on her.

I would prefer mine wear it, but she will not do so. Says it is too distracting and bothersome.

I've heard some say that there is no proof that it actually protects from concussions. My question is always "Well is there any proof that it is totally useless?" That answer is no. Whether it works well or not, something there is better than nothing at all.

When your kid goes up to head a ball and goes forehead to forehead with another player, I bet you (and your kid) will wish they had one on. I've seen it and it was a bloody mess that involved an ambulance. That kid now wears on every game.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/14, 10:42 am

MoveYourFeet wrote:

I would prefer mine wear it, but she will not do so. Says it is too distracting and bothersome.

I never understand these responses. Who is the parent and who is the child in your relationship?

Plain and simple with mine... As long as you are living under my roof and I'm paying your soccer dues, you're wearing the head gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 11/08/14, 10:44 am

SoccerDad2002 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

I know you didn't ask me, but both of my kids wear one.  Blessfully nothing has happened to them and would prefer to keep them save.  Not sure how much the Full 90's protect...I think more of it is physiological or thinking it will protect, but would rather have them wear something just in case.  I think I am going to start looking at the Storelli type.  Looks for padded but not the most glamor headgear out there though, but if its all about protection - who cares.

everyone cares lol. otherwise it would already be standard issue. if they had a "bling" one.................

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 11/08/14, 11:08 am

bwgophers wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

I never understand these responses.  Who is the parent and who is the child in your relationship?

Plain and simple with mine...  As long as you are living under my roof and I'm paying your soccer dues, you're wearing the head gear.

Well, let me enlighten you. My daughter is older. She is at the age where she has to make her own decisions. Her mother and I have given her our thoughts on the issue, and she has made her choice. She has taken the responsibility and understands that this could cost her in the long run, but that is her decision. If everyone took your stance, I'm certain there would be close to 100% of the players wearing these items for safety, but there is not.

Last edited by MoveYourFeet on 11/08/14, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelink misteaks)
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/14, 11:19 am

MoveYourFeet wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

I never understand these responses.  Who is the parent and who is the child in your relationship?

Plain and simple with mine...  As long as you are living under my roof and I'm paying your soccer dues, you're wearing the head gear.

Well, let me enlighten you. My daughter is older. She is at the age where she has to make her own decisions. Her mother and I have given her our thoughts on the issue, and she has made her choice. She has taken the responsibility and understands that this could cost her in the long run, but that is her decision. If everyone took your stance, I'm certain there would be close to 100% of the players wearing these items for safety, but there is not.

Well, we'll just have to disagree on that one. While I certainly see your point about your DD getting to an age where she has to make her own decisions, that's one mine doesn't get to make as long as she's under my roof and I'm paying for her to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 11/08/14, 11:27 am

bwgophers wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:

Well, we'll just have to disagree on that one.  While I certainly see your point about your DD getting to an age where she has to make her own decisions, that's one mine doesn't get to make as long as she's under my roof and I'm paying for her to play.

Understood, and I don't disagree with your approach. Just a difference of raising kids in our own ways.

We did make her wear it when she was younger. She did it, but hated it every step of the way.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 11/08/14, 12:07 pm

Thanks for the input!

She will have to learn to wear it from now on. I wish it would become a cool thing and the norm. So, she does not get asked all the time why she wears it.

Girls at this age just want to fit in.

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down