North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication Empty '00 D2 Preseason Prognostication

Post by Packrabbit 19/08/14, 07:22 pm

My perusing of the forum of the past summer took about 15 minutes. Absolutely Shameful. My Forum Brethren have obviously turned into one of two things:

#1: Meek little sheep who are too scared to state an opinion because they fear the mock and ridicule of their peers.

#2: They have suddenly become productive adults contributing to society.

We all know #2 is absolute joke. Come, little meek sheep, its time to have some pride and reach down and grab your crystal balls. Time to prognosticate and pick winners. For those of you who are unable to remember how this works, please observe below:

pre·sea·son:  ˈprēˈsēzən. noun; the period of time before the regular season.
Yes, your guess is required before the season begins.

prog·nos·ti·ca·tion:  prägˌnästəˈkāSHən.  noun. the action of foretelling or prophesying future events.
Reinforcing your predictions with facts, solid opinion or innuendo is good. Being a homer for your DD's team is absolutely acceptable and encouraged.

Since I have been gone, and my research staff has just gotten back from vacation, I am still putting together my preseason report. I look forward to seeing the wrong predictions and the associated mock and ridicule thereafter.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication Empty Re: '00 D2 Preseason Prognostication

Post by Packrabbit 19/08/14, 08:38 pm

For those of you who have a heart condition, high blood pressure, ignorant or otherwise sensitive, please read the below disclaimer.

I predict a more competitive division this year than last. There will be no easy matches for anyone this year. This year, it will be about who didn't have big turnover- I think the teams that stayed together will be better relatively, especially early in fall. . I would not be surprised if #2-7 finished a spot or two from wherever.

One question: what is the status of CPP this year?

1. Solar Gold: Moves up to team to beat. Kept most of its team together, but one of few teams without big changes, but added some very good players.

2. Dallas Texans North: My dark horse, but I was surprised they didn't finish better last year. New coach with this fast, athletic, physical bunch may be what the doctor ordered. May struggle early, but I think they take a step up this year.

3. Mustang Bussey: Lost some very good players this year, not to take a step back. Bussey will have his team competitive and playing hard, but they are new, so there will be some growing pains.

4. Sting West: Welcome to D2! Coming from a very competitive D3, adding some good players, this team will do just fine. Just to drive KnK dad crazy, I have say they could finish in top 3 again this year!

5: Lady Aztecs: don't have a good read on this team. I have no idea what to expect, but every Aztec team I have ever seen will be fierce and physical, but they lost a lot of players... I placed them here out of D1 respect.

6. FCD-P: Tough one. I liked the good run they had at end of last year, but not sure who I would put them ahead of right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 2 spots higher or 3 spots if they win some close matches.

7: DFeeters: Poor finish last year. Lots of new players this year, but held on to some of their better players. Would not be surprised if the finished a spot or 2 higher. With the turnover, I had to place them here.

8. Sting Ferretti: Significant turnover this year. Picked up some very good players and a very good GK. I still can't discount any Ferretti coached team.

The bottom 2 in no particular order:
FCD-E: New team and Jon Hopkins fan club. Hate to discount any Plano teams
DTFW: Played stronger as the year went on.

Since each team  #2-7 can be up or down 2 spots, so I reserve the right alter My Long Term Weekly Predictions begin!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 19/08/14, 10:28 pm

It's so good to see you back, my dearest HoardingHare!

Not much for prognosticating (yet) but I'll wet the appetite and, once again, play along:

1. Da Bus: too good a coach to not keep it moving. Lost some yes, but I think they'll be a better 'team' than before. And with the 99s disappearing, the primary energy will be on this team.

2. LA Ink: their experience in D1 will keep them near the top and will prove to be the key factor. As long as they didn't have significant turnover I expect them to do just fine.

3. Gold: they found a formula that worked for them in key spots last year but in the end were too inconsistent to make the final push to compete with Big Blue and The Bus. I think they settle in and play well. First 3-4 weeks tell me what I need to know.

4. Sting Ferretti: my dark horse. Could see as high as 2-3. Turnover yes but from what I noticed picked up some experienced players that will make them better than last year.

5. DT North: they may actually be my 4 idk. They have a favorable first few weeks. If they don't capitalize, could become a mental block again like last year.

6. FCD P: I think CPP keeps them at least mid-pack. l think they'll play hard and compete each week with a lot of confidence. I think they'll be the scrappy bunch that scratches and claws their way to respectability.

7. Feet: I guess this is where I'll put them. Honestly it might be way underselling them. For that reason in my head they could easily be 5 when it's all said and done. The big question is can coach coach'em up.

8-10: Crap shoot in no particular order. Blue West, East, and the Westies. I'll have think more on this. East may be in for a grind they're not accustomed too....Blue West is just happy to be there because of getting promoted within the club, and and the Westies may be thanking their lucky stars that WF folded. That said, if Blue West picked up any of Sting Richardson's defector's then maybe they are a pleasant surprise.

Ok that's all I got for ya my carrot eating furry friend. BOL on you changing your prognostications!

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 19/08/14, 11:00 pm

Packrabbit wrote:For those of you who have a heart condition, high blood pressure, ignorant or otherwise sensitive, please read the below disclaimer.

I predict a more competitive division this year than last. There will be no easy matches for anyone this year. This year, it will be about who didn't have big turnover- I think the teams that stayed together will be better relatively, especially early in fall. . I would not be surprised if #2-7 finished a spot or two from wherever.

1. Solar Gold: Moves up to team to beat. Kept most of its team together, but one of few teams without big changes, but added some very good players.

2. Dallas Texans North: My dark horse, but I was surprised they didn't finish better last year. New coach with this fast, athletic, physical bunch may be what the doctor ordered. May struggle early, but I think they take a step up this year.

3. Mustang Bussey: Lost some very good players this year, not to take a step back. Bussey will have his team competitive and playing hard, but they are new, so there will be some growing pains.

4. Sting West: Welcome to D2! Coming from a very competitive D3, adding some good players, this team will do just fine. Just to drive KnK dad crazy, I have say they could finish in top 3 again this year!

5: Lady Aztecs: don't have a good read on this team. I have no idea what to expect, but every Aztec team I have ever seen will be fierce and physical, but they lost a lot of players... I placed them here out of D1 respect.

6. FCD-P: Tough one. I liked the good run they had at end of last year, but not sure who I would put them ahead of right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 2 spots higher or 3 spots if they win some close matches.

7: DFeeters: Poor finish last year. Lots of new players this year, but held on to some of their better players. Would not be surprised if the finished a spot or 2 higher. With the turnover, I had to place them here.

8. Sting Ferretti: Significant turnover this year. Picked up some very good players and a very good GK. I still can't discount any Ferretti coached team.

Since each team  #2-7 can be up or down 2 spots, so I reserve the right alter My Long Term Weekly Predictions begin!

Glad to hear that the sentence was commuted...and you are back.

I don't know much about a lot of these teams, but I will share a softer prediction...call it my nod to a better society. I am just putting these in PR's order...I am still thinking about where I think teams will place.

I hope you are right about #1...if things go as SG plans them, this looks like a good year. The girls expect to be in the hunt. If SG plays with the same grit, and the additions play out like we think, this team will be good.

I don't know if DTN goes that high, but we will see Sunday...they could, they have had size and speed, but new coach, new system from what I hear...hopefully, SG catching them now means that they haven't quite figured it out yet...

I heard Bussey lost some significant players, but I don't know them well enough to say. If they lost the top ones, they will have their work cut out for them, but they were significantly better than a lot of teams last year, so they could be a notch below where they were and still finish near the top.

SWW, I heard they gained a few from Sting R...They were tough when I last saw them, and if they added some nice players could be a pretty solid team.

LA, I know nothing but their results, so I would expect a team that is composed, tough, and physical. Probably finish higher than half if they didn't lose a lot because of relegation. Could challenge for the top.

FCDP seems to restock and put out a solid team every year. I think they ended lower than they could have last year. I heard they picked up some good talent...I have no idea.

Feet is always a solid team. They had a really rough spring, but I heard they added good players...It is hard to slide like that and NOT make changes, so depending on how they come together, they should be in the fight.

Sting F is a little like FCDP to me in that they restock/reload. I don't know who they lost or gained, but they can win games if they get on a roll.

FCDE is Genesis core with additions. I like their coach, and I wish them luck. I don't know how good they will be, but it seems to me more about the other teams than them. They play hard and if they get some breaks, they will be in the fight.

DTFW was thrown in the fire last year a bit, and they were better in the spring than the fall. IMO, their defense was solid, but they played for that one or two chances to counter...I heard they added a few offensive players, so if they didn't lose much, they could be there too.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 20/08/14, 12:35 pm

[quote="Packrabbit"]4. Sting West: Welcome to D2! Coming from a very competitive D3, adding some good players, this team will do just fine. Just to drive KnK dad crazy, I have say they could finish in top 3 again this year! [quote]

I agree, and just to drive you and your D2 forum folks crazy, we should have been, could have been, would have been right there with them. But you know what they say about shoulda, coulda, woulda... With respect to SW, whether or not they added new players from SWR or not, you D2 remainees will get a small taste of what the top of D3 was like last season. I tried to hip you to it before last season, but was unceremoniously (sp?) dumped on for it. Now you'll get a little looksee. Too bad you won't get to see WF. You mighta got a glimpse of even one other in PLD, but the TD probably won't allow you the presence of our company.  Smile

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 20/08/14, 01:32 pm

KnKsDad - those are stong words since they have not played a single game yet. The best thing about it as we will know more sunday and every week there after about who can plan and who is over there heads! Let the games begin.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 20/08/14, 03:26 pm

Havingfunyet wrote:KnKsDad - those are stong words since they have not played a single game yet.  The best thing about it as we will know more sunday and every week there after about who can plan and who is over there heads!  Let the games begin.

Not sure what you think is so strong about the words. I even added a smiley face to try to soften the overall tone. I agree - they/we/none of us has played a single game yet, but that hasn't stopped the prognosticators from prognosticating based on their insight, so I was just offering my little insight.

I agree that on the field of play is where it will be revealed, but that seems to make little difference to the powers that be, but that's a whole other sensitive subject..

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/08/14, 08:05 pm

D3-
You seem to be very close to, if not residing in "Prognostic-Hedging" (PH) territory. The only thing subject to more ridicule than poor prognosticating (not worse, however, than non-prognosticating), is prognostic-hedging. I think D3's latest passage will provide an excellent case study for those trying to self-diagnose themselves.

Prognostic-Hedging (PH), for those of you unfamiliar with the vernacular, PH is defined as,

showcasing one's predictive ability, while displaying an unwillingness to prognosticate specifically about a given topic out of an irrational fear of: a) provoking others; b) being wrong; c) in severe cases, A & B

Below, we will study an example of PH affliction so we can, together, help our forum brother overcome his ailment or at least minimize its spread to others. I will use all of my skills in an attempt to analyze, cut through the double-speak and finally, to translate what was written.

dadof3 wrote:
I don't know much about a lot of these teams, but I will share a softer prediction...call it my nod to a better society.  I am just putting these in PR's order......I am still thinking about where I think teams will place.
Oh geez, students, this a pretty severe case... Please note the initial attempt to downplay the prognostication... While simultaneously  deflecting any future anguish his opinion may cause... Finally, he solidifies the diagnosis by using a previously stated queue and despite the term, "Preseason", further deflects by postponing his enumeration of the teams, "after he thinks about it. Rolling Eyes 

Now my careful attempt to delicately and precisely translate what was intended:

dadof3 wrote:I hope you are right about #1...if things go as SG plans them, this looks like a good year.  The girls expect to be in the hunt.  If SG plays with the same grit, and the additions play out like we think, this team will be good.
Translation: Hell, yes, SG should be the preseason #1 pick! Our girls were the only ones to beat the team that moved to D1 last year, and the Mustangs lost several players!

dadof3 wrote:I don't know if DTN goes that high, but we will see Sunday...they could, they have had size and speed, but new coach, new system from what I hear...hopefully, SG catching them now means that they haven't quite figured it out yet...
Translation:#2? Pleeeeazzzz! Pack are you serious, or you been hitting the cocktails on a school night (again)!  Yeah, they're big and fast, but this ain't football, its soccer! I hope the new coach puts it all together... After the 1st game! I put 'em at the middle of pack.

dadof3 wrote:I heard Bussey lost some significant players, but I don't know them well enough to say.  If they lost the top ones, they will have their work cut out for them, but they were significantly better than a lot of teams last year, so they could be a notch below where they were and still finish near the top.
Translation:The only team we couldn't beat last year....darned right they lost some of their best players and I'm glad!... I hope the the other half develops tendonitis on game day too!  I put 'em at 2nd or 3rd.

dadof3 wrote:SWW, I heard they gained a few from Sting R...They were tough when I last saw them, and if they added some nice players could be a pretty solid team.
Translation:Eh, a D3 team added a few players from a disbanded team? Big deal. Middle of the pack below DTN...

dadof3 wrote:LA, I know nothing but their results, so I would expect a team that is composed, tough, and physical.  Probably finish higher than half if they didn't lose a lot because of relegation.  Could challenge for the top.
Translation:Man , I am really don't have a clue about LA... I hope they stink, but I fear they may be the #2 team.

dadof3 wrote:FCDP seems to restock and put out a solid team every year.  I think they ended lower than they could have last year.  I heard they picked up some good talent...I have no idea.
Translation:FC -who? Bottom 3rd... Same drama, new team. Moving on.

dadof3 wrote:Feet is always a solid team.  They had a really rough spring, but I heard they added good players...It is hard to slide like that and NOT make changes, so depending on how they come together, they should be in the fight.
Translation:Man, they really did stink it up last spring... Looked like an asthmatic at the end of a marathon. Surely they fired some players and got some new ones or its going to be a looong season for them! Bottom 3rd --moving on...

dadof3 wrote:Sting F is a little like FCDP to me in that they restock/reload.  I don't know who they lost or gained, but they can win games if they get on a roll.
Translation:I like the coach, but please refer to above FC comments.

dadof3 wrote:FCDE is Genesis core with additions.  I like their coach, and I wish them luck.  I don't know how good they will be, but it seems to me more about the other teams than them.  They play hard and if they get some breaks, they will be in the fight.

DTFW was thrown in the fire last year a bit, and they were better in the spring than the fall.  IMO, their defense was solid, but they played for that one or two chances to counter...I heard they added a few offensive players, so if they didn't lose much, they could be there too.
Translation: yada-yada, yada-yada....yada, yada, yada, YA-DA.
How do you spell L-O-N-G....S-E-A-S-O-N?!

Well, that completes our PH case study... I must say D3, I am a little shocked by your apparent lack of courtesy. Shameful.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/08/14, 07:55 am

Pack, Pack, Pack I just choked on a glass of water! Can you say HI LAR I OUS? Welcome back!!! You have definitely eaten your Wheaties!  Razz 
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chivasfanf 21/08/14, 12:26 pm

Packrabbit wrote:For those of you who have a heart condition, high blood pressure, ignorant or otherwise sensitive, please read the below disclaimer.

LA's have not lost alot of players. I think we are one of the most stable teams out there. We lost one player and another one moved up to play on our 99 team.
chivasfanf
chivasfanf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/08/14, 12:58 pm

No doubt, that is one of the funniest things I have read on this forum. As I said before Pack, make sure that you check in with your PO this time so we don't have to go without your witty banter.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 21/08/14, 01:32 pm

chivasfanf wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:

LA's have not lost alot of players. I think we are one of the most stable teams out there. We lost one player and another one moved up to play on our 99 team.

Chavas- thanks for the info
Hmmm.... Based on little change to the line-up, new information requires new analysis...sounds like D-3 may be right (withholding info?) with his (translated) #2 ranking....

I'm moving LA up to #2, and shifting the order down one.

Chavas- share your prognostication! It is absolutely inappropriate to have a dog in the the fight, and not make a prediction! What say ye?!

KnK- you seem to be bursting with opinion... I sense frustration with you... what is your ranking for  D2?

BETTER YET, WE SHOULD HAVE A RANKING that INCLUDES, FEVER-- HAD THEY BEEN GIVEN A D2 SPOT? Where would they finish? Would they be competitive?

I think we all agree those kids can play, but its one thing to have a tough, physical match (or 2) every week that cause injuries, as opposed to a tough, physical match 3-4 times in Fall/Spring? WHAT SAY YE?

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/14, 03:18 pm

Would Fever be competitive in D2? Does a cat have climbing gear? We've asked for the top division in every tournament we've entered for the last 2 years. We are usually denied. Been told we'll probably get the same thing for PLD. We'll play whoever we get. If Fever controlled that situation, we would always play in the top division for tournaments. We think we've demonstrated that we can hang, the powers that be, still seem to think otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 21/08/14, 04:20 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Would Fever be competitive in D2?  Does a cat have climbing gear?  We've asked for the top division in every tournament we've entered for the last 2 years. We are usually denied. Been told we'll probably get the same thing for PLD. We'll play whoever we get.  If Fever controlled that situation, we would always play in the top division for tournaments. We think we've demonstrated that we can hang, the powers that be, still seem to think otherwise.

Yessir, I do believe cats do have climbing gear! Put 'em in the D2 ranking! Who you better than, 1-11?!

Are the so-called "higher" ranked teams turning down scrimmage requests? Give me a list of who's running and ducking you guys. I don't put too much stock into scrimmage and tournament match results, but seriously, TD's should be obliging your request for better competition.

It ain't bragging if you can back it up. I'm not saying LH should change the rules for you guys, but maybe we can influence your tournament competition .  Maybe you just need some higher ranked teams requesting you guys in their bracket. Personally, I don't think Coach PR wouldn't participate in a tournament that couldn't provide suitable competition.

I must admit it, I am a little disappointed that KnK has turned timid... He has repeatedly expressed grievance against the "powers that be" and where they should be, but then equivocates when asked to state where Fever belong in the hierarchy!   

I know Rider- I'm just stirring pot,   cyclops   but you must admit--it must would be an interesting debate!

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/14, 05:27 pm

Ha!!!! Lord help me. He's turned timid like a crocodile turns timid during migration season. Can't say higher ups are turning down scrimmages.

Rankings and predictions? I've posted on here under 2 names, dropped the old name and changed to this one, for three years. I've never participated in either....ever.
I don't care for it. One the other hand, a direct straight question deserves a direct straight answer. Based on what I know about the D2 teams, I think we'd be top 4, yes that includes winning it. Having said that, I think D3 will still be very hard to win. Sting Royal, FWFC & Sporting can all play for sure and they all know us well. As others have correctly pointed out, there will be no gimme's in D3 this year. There are 2 unknowns that no one can predict. 1 Injuries 2. If you can predict what a team of 14 yr olds is going to do, then you should be running the planet. Sometimes they're 4, sometimes they're 14, sometimes they're 24. It's funny and terrifying all at the same time.

Need a scrimmage?

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyPowers 21/08/14, 05:46 pm

Lol Pack,

Calling us out like that? Yep, I think we can be some over zealous Fever parents but all this talk about ranking Fever in D2 is absurd. My fellow bros, PR and KnK will hate me for this but we haven't even won D3. Let's put things into perspective: yes Fever is a good team. Yes, we have beaten or tied some very good D1/D2 teams in tourneys, scrimmages and even had a good showing on State Cup. BUT, we've also lost a lower ranked D3 team and a Plano team recently. We are currently a talented D3 team and until we prove otherwise that's what we are. I agree, League play is a different animal from tourneys. You get hot at the right time or catch the right bracket/breaks and you can win a good tourney (see NTFC, Kyle Owens tourney). With league play you have to be consistent. Injuries, CPP, etc play a major role. It's a marathon and not a sprint. One slip up (as we found out) can keep you from being promoted.

Having said all of that, can Fever fit into D2? I absolutely believe they can but I also say go out and prove it. Until we do we shouldn't be in a D2 discussion. PLD tourney is around the corner and should be some good competition in either Gold or Silver A brackets. I'm sure we will find out where we are in that tourney and if we finish in the top 2 of D3 maybe we can revisit this topic again.
KennyPowers
KennyPowers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 21/08/14, 05:56 pm

[KnK- you seem to be bursting with opinion... I sense frustration with you... what is your ranking for  D2?

BETTER YET, WE SHOULD HAVE A RANKING that INCLUDES, FEVER-- HAD THEY BEEN GIVEN A D2 SPOT? Where would they finish? Would they be competitive?

I think we all agree those kids can play, but its one thing to have a tough, physical match (or 2) every week that cause injuries, as opposed to a tough, physical match 3-4 times in Fall/Spring? WHAT SAY YE?[/quote]

Pack, I'm actually starting to become fond of you..still LMAO from your above less politically correct translation of Dof3...nicely done. Isn't there a line from a gangster movie that goes something like "no matter how hard I try to get out, there's always something that pulls me back in again", or something like that? You're my crack..not that crack, the other crack.. You set the trap and I'm gonna step right in it. I feel obliged to do so since I've been harboring this guilt that I'm the reason the 00 forum got so syrupy after last summer. So what say Ich? It would be Fever, then everybody else..in that order.. Smile Seriously though, would we be competitive? I say ask Solar Pulp, Solar Missimo, FCD Blue, Andromeda, SG, FCDE, Mustangs Spence, DTFW...(I only reference those teams because they are/were D1/2). With respect to the tough and physical, have you not seen our team? That was never the issue. It's about the skill and tactical part of the game. That's where we may would fall short. My position hasn't changed since we came out of QT last summer. At least we're making a little progress winning hearts and minds (except for those within the establishment) since at least now "all agree those kids can play". And lo and behold, b4 I can even get my words out old Kenny P gets in the mix...I guess another gag order is coming..LOL

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/14, 06:55 pm

Bracing for impact. KP's gonna show up at practice any minute and tell me and K&K to grab a truckload of shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 21/08/14, 08:12 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Bracing for impact. KP's gonna show up at practice any minute and tell me and K&K to grab a truckload of shut up.  

Kitchen Patrol??

Oh crap...  Shocked do you think coaches actually read this crap??

You think its possible our coach does too?!

Pssst...  Suspect Rider...

If anyone asks... Just between you and I ....

Tell 'em, I'm one of KnK's aliases....

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 21/08/14, 08:42 pm

Lol. I am now a D2 fan.
Like a bunch of enthusiastic ,Jan Brady tweeners.
You're all good. Love the humor.
Good fun
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/08/14, 10:02 pm

Man, I hope nobody gets the cease order. I talked to several people tonight and last night who asked what I thought of the "translation"...I think it is hysterical. Read it again and laughed and made wifey read it...she laughed. There are no real surprises in preseason anyway. Two or three games in we will see where we all stand. Injuries will be a part of it. CPP will be the 500 lb gorilla. I have seen/met people on most of the teams, and I like the way this has been moving overall...we want to win all the games, but I know some DTN families and I expect them to come over and remind me that the last league game SG played them was theirs. It's all good.

I can't wait to see PRs D1 and ECNL translations...can someone please get that ball rolling? Did he do D3?

I know that d3 prediction thread needs some translation.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/08/14, 10:57 pm

Dad are you saying the D3 crowd speaketh in tongues? Or are we the arbitrators of double speak? Maybe we should bring Shakespeare back from the grave! Better yet, we could hire Pack to write stuff for us under a nom DE plume!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/08/14, 11:23 pm

Peer into his eyes and see what...you are really saying I guess?? I had no idea what messages awaited me. Kinda like an Ouija board. Every time I look in the mirror now, I see myself with long ears and buck teeth, and I crave carrots and chime in "what up, Doc?" in everyday conversation. Really weird stuff. Never felt so lucky after a foot massage either?!?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 22/08/14, 02:52 pm

Funny stuff.. And to think I used to call my DD Bunny Rabb when she was little...never knowing she would be the basis for getting me "holed" up in all this.. Make me wanna go pop in the Alice in Wonderland DVD and listen to some Jefferson Airplane.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 22/08/14, 03:56 pm

InaB wrote:Dad are you saying the D3 crowd speaketh in tongues? Or are we the arbitrators of double speak? Maybe we should bring Shakespeare back from the grave! Better yet, we could hire Pack to write stuff for us under a nom DE plume!

Stuff me under a what?! Suspect 

dadof3 wrote: Peer into his eyes and see what...you are really saying I guess?? I had no idea what messages awaited me. Kinda like an Ouija board. Every time I look in the mirror now, I see myself with long ears and buck teeth, and I crave carrots and chime in "what up, Doc?" in everyday conversation. Really weird stuff. Never felt so lucky after a foot massage either?!?

I'm not sure which rabbit's eyes you've been peering into, after a foot massage.... But,... Is that ... Barry White playing in the background?? Shocked but .... I'm just here to opine about soccer!

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next