North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DIII 1-5 vs 6-10 Running tab Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DIII 1-5 vs 6-10 Running tab

Go down

DIII 1-5 vs 6-10 Running tab Empty DIII 1-5 vs 6-10 Running tab

Post by MrMiyagi 24/08/14, 04:15 pm

Haves Vs Have Nots. Top 5 Vs Bottom 5.
The Davids Vs Goliaths.
Whatever we like to call it.
I, and Do3 brought up the top 5 vs bottom 5 perspective .
I thought it would be interesting to keep a running tab.
We know that it will be a little out of balance due to top 5ers and Bottom 5ers playing eachother in the regular season.
I also believe that we don't really get a chance to attend each it's games. There's so much more insight to a match up other than3-3 tie. Etc
Injuries, heat , other sports factor in.however these teams end up is going to be a blast for all to witness.
Week 1 tab next.
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

DIII 1-5 vs 6-10 Running tab Empty Re: DIII 1-5 vs 6-10 Running tab

Post by Guest 24/08/14, 04:47 pm

We're in D3. We're all David's.

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 24/08/14, 05:10 pm

Pale Rider wrote:We're in D3.  We're all David's.

cheers Well played

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 24/08/14, 05:21 pm

Good one. We are the Cindy Bradys. Hoping to make our way up to Jan and Marsha status.
Lol
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 24/08/14, 05:25 pm

Twice I've sent interesting perpectives about all of the games this weekend.
I'm tired of typing.
Take my word for it when I say that 6-10 had a valiant 5 points while 1-5 had 8.
I also wished that all teams that are doing various Labor Day tournaments be safe and remain healthy.
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/08/14, 05:29 pm

Can I at least be Bobby Brady, otherwise I don't think my marriage is legal in this state.

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 24/08/14, 06:29 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:  Haves Vs Have Nots. Top 5 Vs Bottom 5.
The Davids Vs Goliaths.
Whatever we like to call it.
I, and Do3 brought up the top 5 vs bottom 5 perspective .
I thought it would be interesting to keep a running tab.
We know that it will be a little out of balance due to top 5ers and Bottom 5ers playing eachother in the regular season.
I also believe that we don't really get a chance to attend each it's games.  There's so much more insight to a match up other than3-3 tie. Etc
Injuries, heat , other sports factor in.however these teams end up is going to be a blast for all to witness.
Week 1 tab next.

MM: hmmm. What's the point system? Just keep tracks of wins of each group-- or the point system-3=win, etc?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 24/08/14, 06:43 pm

Mini Me, er MrMi,

One game a Goliath may not make, but it is interesting to see how the first games have gone. As predicted by several, the games were tighter with the exception of one.
It almost makes me feel like going back to my old prognosticators spreadsheet and track each persons' win/loss record on their guesses. (Note to self, don't go there.)

I think this year will be much more exciting than the last two seasons because of competitiveness.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 24/08/14, 07:04 pm

I guess we have to definitively state who we believe to be the top and bottom...That is innocuous enough to me...and I don't think that a short list will necessarily have to be "interpreted"

My top 5 going in would be (in no particular order PR):

Fever, Sting CR, FWFC, Sporting and Meja...

Which means my bottom 5 would be:

LPK, Gunners, Mustangs, Flash and Sting B...

Mine went 9/4.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 24/08/14, 07:59 pm

It's all good. Just having fun is all.
I'm going with the top 5 vs 6-10 at their finishes dictating 1-10 in Lake Highlands DIII.
That is all. Essentionally, a beginning of DIII ranking.
Mustangs did not not face one single current DIII SQUAD thus far. I see that could be a problem.
Also understanding that some DII MUSTANG parents may have moved on.
This is just a simple abstract view of the running tab of 1-5 vs 6-10.
After witnessing so many undeserving teams play in your ," Upper Echelon", league. Example; Dallas Texans that managed 1 tie in D 2 all season. The rest being losses . Avoiding regulation because WF broke up.
Don't try to tell me that they earned the right to be there. KMA.
Secondly I saw, like you how the top 5 whipped the bottom 5, and the bottom 5 fought against eachother to stay in .
There are changes . I'm reporting it. We are outsiders looking in. I'm just letting you know that things have changed.
Get off your high horse and accept it for what it is .
1-5 and 6-10 at the beginning of this season will not change. Ride your laurels. I guarantee that on the field, the rich do not get richer .
You're in the big leagues now. Ridiculing an Internet subject poster will not help your kids on the pitch.
Enjoy watching what happens next.
I look forward to reporting LH DIII Events on week two.
If you don't like it then don't look.
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 24/08/14, 08:51 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:It's all good. Just having fun is all.
I'm going with the top 5 vs 6-10 at their finishes dictating 1-10 in Lake Highlands DIII.
Mustangs did not not face one single current DIII SQUAD thus far. I see that could be a problem.
Also understanding that some DII MUSTANG parents may have moved on.
This is just a simple abstract view of the running tab of 1-5 vs 6-10.
After witnessing so many undeserving teams play in your ," Upper Echelon", league. Example; Dallas Texans that managed 1 tie in D 2 all season. The rest being losses . Avoiding regulation because WF broke up.
 Secondly I saw, like you how the top 5 whipped the bottom 5, and the bottom 5 fought against eachother to stay in .
There are changes . I'm reporting it. We are outsiders looking in. I'm just letting you know that things have changed.
1-5 and 6-10 at the beginning of this season will not change. Ride your laurels. I guarantee that on the field, the rich do not get richer .
You're in the big leagues now. Ridiculing an Internet subject poster will not help your kids on the pitch.
Enjoy watching what happens next.

This seems a little defensive...did someone call you out for something? I may have misinterpreted your post, but I didn't intend to insult you...and I didn't get that from anyone else either. To this point, I have thought you have brought something to the table. Wax on Miagisan.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 24/08/14, 08:57 pm

Forum Politeness Disclaimer 2.0:
Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader.
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 24/08/14, 09:34 pm

This is pretty insulting. It saddens me.
By the way, the point system is 3 points fir the win. 1 point for the tie . 0 points for the loss. Doesn't sound too complicated to me. Probably not a good idea to throw out insults.JMO.
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 24/08/14, 09:49 pm

Ummm....what is up with you people?? MM if your name was Louise, I would say jeez...

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 24/08/14, 10:24 pm

backofthenet wrote:Ummm....what is up with you people??  MM if your name was Louise, I would say jeez...

I just wanted to make sure he wasn't mad at me...dude knows karate!

He can kick PRs @$$ all day long-lol!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 25/08/14, 10:18 am

On next week's episode of Mr. Miyagi Goes To NTX, learn the answers to the burning questions:

So are we talking about the Top 5 being the team that did not have to re-qualify?

MrMiyagi wrote:
Why have the Mustangs NOT played a D3 squad thus far? What problems await them?

MrMiyagi wrote:Also understanding that some DII MUSTANG parents may have moved on.
-Why have the D2 mustang parents moved on?
-Worse, where have they gone?
-What about the children?

MrMiyagi wrote:This is just a simple abstract view of the running tab of 1-5 vs 6-10.
Abstractly:
-Where is the "Upper Echelon" league? Who plays in it? Is it in our cosmic plane?
-Who is going to be brave enough to tell MM that DTFW deserves to be in D2?

MrMiyagi wrote:  Secondly I saw, like you how the top 5 whipped the bottom 5, and the bottom 5 fought against eachother to stay in .
Mm will be reporting:
-WHO ARE TOP 5?
-there are changes...and
-who or what are the outsiders? What are they looking at? Are they a force for good?
-...things have changed... Are we talking soccer, competition... Meds?

MrMiyagi wrote:
1-5 and 6-10 at the beginning of this season will not change. Ride your laurels. I guarantee that on the field, the rich do not get richer.  You're in the big leagues now. Ridiculing an Internet subject poster will not help your kids on the pitch.

From hence forward:
-high horses and riding laurels are discouraged and frowned upon...
-the richer cannot get richer on the soccer field...
-the big leagues will no longer tolerate ridiculing an internet poster...
-resistance is futile.

MrMiyagi wrote:Enjoy watching what happens next.
... The big question... Can one look away??,

Other burning questions...
-who was throwing insults?
-why is mm sad?
-will BOTN survive a Miyagi solar plexus chop?

Find out next week on....

Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 25/08/14, 10:51 am

Packrabbit wrote:On next week's episode of Mr. Miyagi Goes To NTX, learn the answers to the burning questions:

So are we talking about the Top 5 being the team that did not have to re-qualify?

MrMiyagi wrote:
Why have the Mustangs NOT played a D3 squad thus far? What problems await them?

Pack, I think there is a clue here in MrMi's comment. The Mustangs did not FACE one single current DIII squad. I think they must have played their game backwards!

MrMiyagi wrote:Also understanding that some DII MUSTANG parents may have moved on.
-Why have the D2 mustang parents moved on?
-Worse, where have they gone?
-What about the children?

I heard that the Mustangs took a page from the Texans and banned all parents. I understand that they can only watch the games from the Allen Football stadium. They are living there in tents on the field.

MrMiyagi wrote:This is just a simple abstract view of the running tab of 1-5 vs 6-10.
Abstractly:
-Where is the "Upper Echelon" league? Who plays in it? Is it in our cosmic plane?
-Who is going to be brave enough to tell MM that DTFW deserves to be in D2?

For those who know and aren't brave enough to admit it, the Upper Echelon league transcends ECNL. It is so super exclusive that the parents, players and coaches all wear cloaking devices. I also heard that the fields are under a dome.

MrMiyagi wrote:  Secondly I saw, like you how the top 5 whipped the bottom 5, and the bottom 5 fought against eachother to stay in .
Mm will be reporting:
-WHO ARE TOP 5?
-there are changes...and
-who or what are the outsiders? What are they looking at? Are they a force for good?
-...things have changed... Are we talking soccer, competition... Meds?

I think MrMi did too much waxa on waxa off training events and is high on fumes.

MrMiyagi wrote:
1-5 and 6-10 at the beginning of this season will not change. Ride your laurels. I guarantee that on the field, the rich do not get richer.  You're in the big leagues now. Ridiculing an Internet subject poster will not help your kids on the pitch.

From hence forward:
-high horses and riding laurels are discouraged and frowned upon...
-the richer cannot get richer on the soccer field...
-the big leagues will no longer tolerate ridiculing an internet poster...
-resistance is futile.

OK, really, riding on laurels? Have you ever tried to sit on laurels? They are very scratchy and uncomfortable. I did hear a rumor that there was a betting pool last year but that the FBI and Homeland Security broke it up. So Pack is right, the rich cannot get richer on the soccer field.

MrMiyagi wrote:Enjoy watching what happens next.
... The big question... Can one look away??,

Other burning questions...
-who was throwing insults?
-why is mm sad?
-will BOTN survive a Miyagi solar plexus chop?

Find out next week on....

Pack, did you say MrMi was cooking pork chops?
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 25/08/14, 12:22 pm

Apologies abound !
I saw that disclaimer and thought it was directed at me.
Chances are I misread it from another topic.
My mistake.
Also there is no caste system here. I don't want to create one. I don't think I need to do 1-5 vs 6-10 in a weekly basis.
Perhaps at the end of the season we will look at it and see if there are any surprises.
Like Miyagi say," Best way , block punch . No be there."
Be safe at Labor Day tournament and we will see you when you get back.
Your humble, Miyagi
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 27/08/14, 01:48 pm

Come back MrM..we all step in it at one time or another..

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down