North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team

Go down

Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team Empty Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team

Post by SoccerSchmuck 26/09/14, 02:04 pm

How does everyone feel about coach giving privates (for compensation) to a player on their own team?
Has it caused problems with team?
Should club allow it?

SoccerSchmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team Empty Re: Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team

Post by lovesoccer 26/09/14, 02:13 pm

I don't see a problem with it. As most coaches offer it to all players on the team that want private lessons. Or a coach/parent may see a need in a player that is lacking or behind from their team mates.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team Empty Re: Should competitive coach give privates to player on own team

Post by Coach&Ref 26/09/14, 02:22 pm

SoccerSchmuck wrote:How does everyone feel about coach giving privates (for compensation) to a player on their own team?
Should club allow it?

In my opinion, "No."

There is at least one coach down here that gives group skills sessions (possibly privates) at an organization that he owns, but is also a full time coach at a big club.

This is conjecture, but quite a few of the players on his team go to these skills sessions (for compensation) and I believe that one of the motivations that the parents are doing this for, is to curry favor with the coach. In their minds, they think that they can make this coach believe that, even though their kid could go to any number of skills trainers, their visibility will show the coach that they are working outside of the practice and that he may play them more, not cut them, etc.

This is just one possible motivation I can see, because there are many other trainers that are much better, in my opinion, that would develop the kid further than his sessions.

If anything, I think it would be a better practice to offer the sessions to the entire team in the context of the club, possibly at a discounted rate, instead of doing it outside of the organization that he coaches for.

Last edited by Coach&Ref on 26/09/14, 02:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one more comment)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 26/09/14, 03:14 pm

A coach either has integrity or he/she doesn't.

A coach with integrity isn't going to give your kid any special privileges because you attend their skills, as opposed to any other skills.

A coach without integrity is going to be a problem anyway...eventually.

Same goes for parents. Either you trust the coach or you don't. Parents that trust the coach will have no issue with them offering skills. Disgruntled parents OTOH are going to think the coach is giving special treatment. If it's not skills, they'll be up in arms about something else...eventually.

If a coach is investing in players for the long haul, why not do it if it would help the team?

Some coaches are exceptional skills trainers, plus they've seen the kid in action more often and should understand their strengths/weaknesses better than private trainer.

OTOH - for the type of coach likely to recruit a new crop every year, it's not worth the headache. Attitude then would be tell the parents, "Go get skills on your own, and try not to get cut."

Long as each kid has the same opportunity to train with the coach - nothing wrong with it IMO.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 26/09/14, 04:23 pm

There are always exceptions to every situation, but, I'm not a fan of paying the coach for additional workouts, that's what team & club dues are for. Slippery slope, how are you NOT obligated to pay, if the coach tells your kid they need more work.

Depending on team commitment and goals, if the team needs more work to be competitive, the team should train more. It shouldn't be an up-selling opportunity.

Again, JMO and I'm sure there are exceptions that warrant the additional financing.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Relegated 26/09/14, 04:36 pm

SoccerSchmuck wrote:How does everyone feel about coach giving privates (for compensation) to a player on their own team?
Should club allow it?

I don't see a problem with it because we are the consumers and if a coach offers a product we can choose to pay more for it if we want to.  If some how it were mandatory and then the coach charged extra for it I would be unhappy and would have some choices to make.

Also, I would probably want my daughter to go to someone who is not her full time coach to get extra skills work.  We are very happy with our coach, but if I am going to pay money beyond my club fees then I would see that as an opportunity for a change of pace or a fresh perspective.

My curiosity would be about how seeing another coach fits into the rules.  My daughter plays for the Texans so she can't go to a Liverpool practice can she?  But if a Liverpool coach owned/ran/trained at a separate business then she could go to the Liverpool coach for skills sessions?  Or if the Liverpool coach ran sessions for futsal then my daughter could go to that because futsal is not governed by the same body of the soccer world?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenshoe 26/09/14, 04:52 pm

Can a club coach offer private skill session to kids who are in different club?

goldenshoe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 26/09/14, 04:58 pm

Tom P. wrote:
Should club allow it?

I don't see a problem with it because we are the consumers and if a coach offers a product we can choose to pay more for it if we want to.  If some how it were mandatory and then the coach charged extra for it I would be unhappy and would have some choices to make.

Also, I would probably want my daughter to go to someone who is not her full time coach to get extra skills work.  We are very happy with our coach, but if I am going to pay money beyond my club fees then I would see that as an opportunity for a change of pace or a fresh perspective.

My curiosity would be about how seeing another coach fits into the rules.  My daughter plays for the Texans so she can't go to a Liverpool practice can she? She would need a release from her club coach. But if a Liverpool coach owned/ran/trained at a separate business then she could go to the Liverpool coach for skills sessions? Obviously, it works for the example I know of. Or if the Liverpool coach ran sessions for futsal then my daughter could go to that because futsal is not governed by the same body of the soccer world? It happens every season. Coaches make teams to play Futsal with many different club kids.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 26/09/14, 05:03 pm

goldenshoe wrote:Can a club coach offer private skill session to kids who are in different club?

I believe not.

One example is Triumph who runs simple shooting/finishing sessions that you can find advertised on this site, but if you come from another club, he will require a practice release. I don't think that would be any different than private lessons.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 27/09/14, 12:55 am

goldenshoe wrote:Can a club coach offer private skill session to kids who are in different club?

Let's taking private goalkeeping training. Some clubs don't offer it or its not convenient (for what ever reason). Why couldn't a goal keeping coach with another club offer privates to a none club player? It's no different then parents using a different coach for skills. Most skills coaches out there that is not your team coach is a club coach. You are not attending a team practice or trying out for a team with that coach. As long as that coach isn't trying to recruit the player away from the team I again don't see the issue.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hooligan 29/09/14, 10:32 am

You can't legislate integrity - unethical people will always find a "loophole" to exploit.

This is true for player pass, private lessons, guest playing, etc.

I would prefer that everyone just act with integrity and we wouldn't need these constant rewrites on rules. But - I am not holding my breath on that one.
Hooligan
Hooligan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down