North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

missed practices and games with club Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

missed practices and games with club

Go down

missed practices and games with club Empty missed practices and games with club

Post by Havingfunyet 10/11/14, 10:05 am

I did not have this problem previously but it seems to be creeping up now. My DD is playing high school and club. The club league is on a break and their are 3 tournaments which we will play and practices are still 2 times a week. The issue is that high school has games when one of the regularly scheduled practices occur. I have always believed in letting me DD handle all conversation with the coaches and she informed the club coach that she would have to miss on those days. In addition, she told the HS coach that club games and travel would take president over HS games. She is playing 5 or 6 times a week. Too much in my opinion but that is her call. The club coach is on her about not missing practice and she is feeling guilty. She is of the mind to just say bench me if you have too but she is going to play HS soccer as well. Can I get some input form some folks with experience so I can give her advice?

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

missed practices and games with club Empty Re: missed practices and games with club

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 10:22 am

frankly? Let her live with the consequences of her decisions and teach your daughter that the world will not accommodate her every desire. Had this with my kid a couple of years ago.The coach had a policy of no practice no start,she wanted to go to something instead of practice and wanted me to intervene on her behalf. I said nope, live with your decision, that's part of growing up. She didn't start and now weighs her decisions more carefully knowing mom and dad won't swoop out of the sky to make her every whim come true....

Back to top Go down

missed practices and games with club Empty Re: missed practices and games with club

Post by jsullivan81 10/11/14, 11:38 am

Pretty sure hell will be freezing over shortly..... But, I agree with sp.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 10/11/14, 11:50 am

jsullivan81 wrote:Pretty sure hell will be freezing over shortly..... But, I agree with sp.

cheers
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 10/11/14, 11:58 am

You have touched on a very critical part of this whole scenario... that its simply "too much". She/you are just begging for a serious injury. Getting through a high school season in one piece is a difficult feat, let alone with added Club practice and games on top of it. Frankly for her Club coach to not recognize this and pull back on practices and tournaments is a bit sad. Now I realize that your daughter may be playing for a private school, which is on a different schedule than the public schools ( who will not begin play until after the holidays), so her Club coach might be basing his training and tournament play around that high school season.... BUT I can almost guarantee that is she continues a schedule of 7 practices sessions a week ( 5 school, 2 club), and adds 2 school games a week and then three Club tournaments, something is going to happen.... and not something good.

The High School season is brutal. Coaching and training can be hit or miss, they are playing against kids much larger and older, they are playing on turf, and they will play almost the equivalent of an entire years worth of games within a few months. Club coaches fear the High School season with good reason.... the injuries and fatigue will pile up big time.

I really feel like the Club coach needs to be more supportive and realistic about her High School. He should be interested in protecting his resource and her health. He cannot field a quality team if he is a part of running his players into the ground, and not recognizing the reality of the situation. I'm betting your daughter is not the only girl on the team in this situation... it has to be acknowledged and handled appropriately. My daughter's coach would cut back to 1 Club practice every two-three weeks during High school season, enough for him to keep an eye on the girls and nip any "bad habits" that were forming.

If I was in your shoes, I would let the Club stuff take a back seat to High School at this time. So what if she doesn't start games for a while. Its better than her missing the next six months on crutches with an ACL tear. She can earn her way back onto the starting lineup after High School is over... shouldn't be a problem.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 12:39 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:Pretty sure hell will be freezing over shortly..... But, I agree with sp.

i knew you would see the light..eventually Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 10/11/14, 12:51 pm

I have a busted watch that's right twice a day. lol!
And SP is spot on THIS time.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 12:59 pm

futbollove wrote:

come to the light, all are welcome in the light..... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 10/11/14, 01:30 pm

silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:

come to the light, all are welcome in the light..... Cool

I'm in with sp

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 10/11/14, 01:52 pm

silentparent wrote:frankly? Let her live with the consequences of her decisions and teach your daughter that the world will not accommodate her every desire. Had this with my kid a couple of years ago.The coach had a policy of no practice no start,she wanted to go to something instead of practice and wanted me to intervene on her behalf. I said nope, live with your decision, that's part of growing up. She didn't start and now weighs her decisions more carefully knowing mom and dad won't swoop out of the sky to make her every whim come true....

Agree.  The real variable is how much does the club coach need your dd?  

Both of ours hit the same situation and we let them work it out and accept the consequences.  The no starting lasted 15 minutes into the first game and about 5-10 minutes each game after.  Allowed the coach to be a hardliner and save face but not cost themselves any wins.

The 5-15 minutes of less playing time was well worth playing in the HS games to them.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 14/11/14, 10:56 am

Be careful as this may be too much soccer. My DD at one time was the only keeper on her club and school team. She ended up getting seriously hurt and neither her club or HS coach gave her any credit for her efforts after she was hurt.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 17/12/14, 07:54 am

Games over practices....
the juggle of hs and club is a time conuming, body beating strain. A kid is more likely to burn out before college then receive a large scholarship, so keep it in perspective. HS is social for most of our girls, their friends play and its thier identity.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 18/12/14, 09:34 am

All good. Seems you all were pretty much right on. She worked it out with both coaches and said club games first, school games second, club practice third, and school practice fourth. Some times she sits the first few minutes of a game but that is the right thing for a coach to do. Thanks for the input.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 25/12/14, 06:30 pm

The club and school coaches should be able to work together in the best interests of the players...they are NOT machines and they do need some R&R. Unfortunately the club coaches generally do not even consider the school situation at all. Seemingly failing to realize that a school athletic involvement is part of the girls grade and failing to 'show' for any school sport, practice or game,you have signed up for could result in a 'fail' grade and be part of their school transcript.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/12/14, 10:24 pm

"Unfortunately the club coaches generally do not even consider the school situation at all. Seemingly failing to realize that a school athletic involvement is part of the girls grade and failing to 'show' for any school sport, practice or game,you have signed up for could result in a 'fail' grade and be part of their school transcript."

HMM last time i checked life required choices and decisions on your part....

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 26/12/14, 07:48 am

So are you saying the girl's should not then play for their respective high schools ? The point I made is a valid one, as sooner or later, the colleges are going to need the high school transcripts of any club players they may be interested in recruiting. Many girls MUCH prefer playing for their H.S. team than they do for their club team. Seemingly many clubs are unaware of this fact.

If the school coach and the club coach are willing to 'work together' in the best interests of the player it is very possible to play for both.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/14, 08:26 am

tornado11 wrote:So are you saying the girl's should not then play for their respective high schools ? The point I made is a valid one, as sooner or later, the colleges are going to need the high school transcripts of any club players they may be interested in recruiting. Many girls MUCH prefer playing for their H.S. team than they do for their club team. Seemingly many clubs are unaware of this fact.

If the school coach and the club coach are willing to 'work together' in the best interests of the player it is very possible to play for both.

no. i am saying that in life there will be conflicts and you must choose and not expect people to rearrange things everytime just to suit your daughter...

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 26/12/14, 12:07 pm

I never indicated I expected anyone to 'rearrange things' for anyone's daughter...the implication in the general tone of this thread is 'club soccer good, school soccer not so good'....there are some good school soccer coaches and some good club soccer coaches. There are also a holes involved in both. My concern is that many players are 'overworked' due to a general lack of communication between the respective coaches and this is NOT in the best interests of any of the players.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/14, 03:07 pm

This is great!

Who needs Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels when you've got these two going at it...Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/14, 08:37 pm

bwgophers wrote:This is great!  

Who needs Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels when you've got these two going at it...Twisted Evil  

i think you are speaking of yourself....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/12/14, 09:20 am

I know you are, but what am I?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 07/01/15, 03:49 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:I know you are, but what am I?

Da Mastah!!!

Now, when I say, "Who's da mastah?" you say, "Sho'nuff!"

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down