North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING

Go down

Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING Empty Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING

Post by InaB 04/12/14, 04:00 pm

Now you are destined to read my lousy soccer jokes!!! BWAAAAAA Razz

What did the bad soccer Striker get for Christmas?

COOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernie and Ernie were fortunate enough to have season tickets to watch FC Dallas. They could not help noticing that there was always a spare seat next to them. They had a friend who would love to buy a season ticket, especially if all three could have seats together.
So, during half-time Bernie went to the ticket office and asked if they could buy the season ticket for the empty seat. The man in the ticket booth said that unfortunately the ticket had been sold. Nevertheless, week after week the seat was still empty.
Then much to Bernie and Ernie's amazement, they came in the day after Christmas and the seat was taken for the first time. Ernie asked the newcomer, 'Where have you been all season'. Don't ask he said, the wife bought the season ticket back last summer, and kept it for a surprise Christmas present.

Simon took his seat in the 3rd row for the FC Dallas game. Looking around, he was surprised to see his young neighbor, Jerry, in the front row. "Hi, Jerry!" He called out. Jerry turned around. "Hi, Simon!" he called back. "How did you get the front row ticket?" Simon asked. Jerry answered, "From my older brother." Simon asked, "Where is he?" Jerry answered, "At home looking for his ticket!"

Michael was watching the FC Dallas – LA Galaxy game. The stadium was packed except for the one empty seat next to him. 'Who does that seat belong to?' asked the person in the next seat.
'My wife usually sits there.' Michael replied. 'Why isn't she here?' the neighbor asked.
'She died.' Said Michael in a matter-of-fact tone. 'So why didn't you give the ticket to one of your friends?' 'They've all gone to the funeral.'

InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING Empty Re: Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING

Post by Its Me 05/12/14, 12:26 pm

Excellent! All Three were great!
Thanks for the smile.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING Empty Re: Pack's right - this site has gotten BORING

Post by Guest 06/12/14, 02:47 pm

Naaaaaah!!!! It ain't boring. You just need the right person to talk some trash and things will spring back to life in no time. Someone like uuuhhh.....ME!!!!

My thoughts.

1. In the spirit of the season, I'll defer the smack talk until 2015.

2. Haven't seen or heard much talk about the fact that the NEW team in D1, is winning D1. I'm not surprised by it, I guess no one else is either.

3. SG is gonna be hard to catch.

4. D3 will be a battle to the end. Whoever comes out of D3 will do just fine in D2.

5. Shouldn't we be getting Christmas presents from our Orthopedic Surgeons?

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 06/12/14, 03:30 pm

I watched almost all of the D1 teams play last year, and SG played a few of them. I wasn't surprised to see Parker contend...to lead, well that was a mild surprise to me. I didn't know if Pulp would lose a lot to ECNL, but I figured they would be pretty strong regardless. I also believed that Andro, Brown, and Flanny would be in contention as well. The surprise to me in D1 is that there are 3-3-2...Not as much surprised by the positions (an injury or loss of a couple of players can swing tight races) but the separation between the groups. With basically 5 games left, the fact that the split between 3-4 is 7 points, and 6-7 is 8 is interesting.

Likewise the separation between the top 2 in D2 and D3...SG hoped to be sitting in 1st place, but I didn't expect 3rd place to be 8 back with 15 points possible. If we can get through the high school season relatively intact, it will be tough to come from 8 or 9 back to claim 1 or 2...

And in D3, 3rd is a little closer, but 4 and the rest will have to have near perfect runs to catch the top.

I also agree that any of the top 3 in D3 can play with teams in D2 (and probably at least part of D1)...and 4-are good. Early on, I predicted that FWFC, Fever and Sporting would be fighting for the top...when I said that anyone could beat anyone, I meant that Gunners, Meja, or Spence et al. were not going to be gimmes.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Send It 08/12/14, 08:36 am

Side Note: 2 are promoted and 2 are relegated this year.

Send It
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 08/12/14, 01:18 pm

Send It wrote:Side Note: 2 are promoted and 2 are relegated this year.

And that's a good thing in light of the BS that happened with respect to D3 promotion to D2 this past year.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 08/12/14, 01:24 pm

dadof3 wrote:I also agree that any of the top 3 in D3 can play with teams in D2 (and probably at least part all of D1)...and 4-are good.  Early on, I predicted that FWFC, Fever and Sporting would be fighting for the top...when I said that anyone could beat anyone, I meant that Gunners, Meja, or Spence et al. were not going to be gimmes.

There, does that liven things up a bit? Razz

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 08/12/14, 08:26 pm

Anyone got tournament scores from the thanksgiving break?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 09/12/14, 09:41 am

OK...prediction for the Liverpool Tournament (Red, White, Blue or something like that).

Sporting will win it...fairly easy
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/14, 12:57 pm

Sporting would be my pick as well, but there is one fly in the ointment. GUEST PLAYERS. Unfortunately, you never really know who you're playing anymore, until 15 minutes before the match begins.

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 11/12/14, 01:16 pm

Your right...OK, my pick is the same, assuming relatively normal rosters.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 15/12/14, 07:41 am

OK, so the dark horse won the Red, White and Blue tournament -- the rain. Sad to get all the way to the finals and not have a winner.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by stmccarthy 15/12/14, 02:07 pm

The rain out was definitely was sad to see. The Sting Ferretti girls were definitely looking forward to their rematch against Sporting FC in the championship game. The girls all felt that their showing Saturday morning was not what they are capable of and were geared up for the rematch Sunday afternoon. It would have been a very good game. It's a shame because this has happened to Sting Ferretti twice in the last 6 months to have the Championship game they are in at a tournament get cancelled due to rain.

stmccarthy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 15/12/14, 04:33 pm

Why did your team not play to the level they were capable of in the first game? I would think that looking forward to a rematch would go without saying, so it sounds like an excuse for just getting beat. I suspect the outcome wouldn't have been any different, but now there exists a little room for doubt.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 15/12/14, 04:40 pm

So Sporting is the champ then...not surprised at all. Very good team.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 16/12/14, 08:21 am

OK guys, in the interest of the time of year we are in, could we please, please, please play nice? Do we have to make every post a chance to be rude or mean? It is one thing to jest with someone it is another to constantly take things to a different level.

By reason of there being no play off game, no one team won the U15 Gold. We won't know the final outcome, unfortunately. We have all seen teams be beat in a tournament game and then turn around and beat the same team they lost to in the finals.

Love you guys and Happy Holidays.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 16/12/14, 03:20 pm

You don't have to tell me twice Ina. I know Santa is watching. I have seen the same thing with Ferretti though, they are bi-polar. They seem to play well against us, and then you wonder how they lost to another the next week. Sporting is very good. Whether they can make the top two depends on if they run out of games IMO. They have to make up 7 points in 5 games which will take a great run (which if they are healthy, they can do), and they need fever and/or FWFC to drop a couple of games (which could happen).

That is one race in the spring to watch.
Ferretti will need the same type of run to get into the top 2. Needing 9 points in 5 games. They will have to consistently beat quality teams (which they can do).
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 16/12/14, 04:30 pm

Hi Dad, I have been asked to keep an eye on the Naughty list you know! Very Happy It will be interesting to see how the teams come out in the spring for sure. I hope that teams keep up their workouts during the off season to keep the rust away.

There are a lot of good, strong teams in each division this year. we just have to see where the first spring game takes us.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 17/12/14, 05:44 am

Ina, I hope I did not offend you. Intent was not there. Sometimes in these tournaments you know that get shortened they just proclaim the points leader the champ when no finals are played is all I was getting at. Sporting was my original pick anyway. I honestly do not know much about Ferretti other than scoreboard watching and what Dad mentioned above seems to be dead on. But most teams of some bi-polar in them.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/12/14, 07:52 am

Hi Tex, you absolutely did not offend me. Had the original schedule posted showing no finals games held true, you would be right. However, when the schedule was updated, there was a finals game, so no one got to take home medals or trophies.

We can all dream our version though! Very Happy

Have a great day!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 17/12/14, 07:59 am

OLJW wrote:Sporting would be my pick as well, but there is one fly in the ointment.  GUEST PLAYERS.  Unfortunately, you never really know who you're playing anymore, until 15 minutes before the match begins.  

You don't remember (or aren't currently watching games in PPL)...the ringers don't arrive until 5-10 minutes AFTER kickoff, so they never get scrutinized...Sad to see the little kids shooed off the field when their big brothers drive up...at U13...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/12/14, 08:45 am

Hi Dad, well that type of behavior sucks - big time. If you are going to use guest players or PP then they should be out with the team warming up.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 17/12/14, 08:54 am

I have seen it for years, but not quite as blatant as this year. My boys' parents ask after almost every game how the other team has 4-12 year olds with moustaches that are 6'2" or taller. Almost laughable when they show up late and sub in...happened at least 3 or 4 times in fall. I see it much more with boys than I do with girls. And much more in Plano than in LH.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum