North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form

Go down

NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form Empty NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form

Post by Possibility 31/07/15, 09:40 am

Good Day Parents,

I am looking to possibly form a new club and need your 100% honest input please.  By taking part of this survey, it will help me determine what parents are looking for.  Obviously I have ideas, which is where the questions came from.  Also, by taking part in the survey, does it mean that you would leave your club or be recruited.  Think of it as - what would you like to a see a new club have or your current club offer.

Will this happen?  Who knows...  Do I want to happen?  Yes!

So please take your time to go to Survey Monkey to answer the 18 questions, please.  Looking for any and all feedback.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6WXZXXT

During the survey, I asked about additional training, but did not mention GK Training as I pretty much made that as a given.

Thanks!

Possibility
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form Empty Re: NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form

Post by Blank77 31/07/15, 09:45 am

If you're first step about forming a new club is coming on to a forum and asking people to take a survey about what they want, I don't give your club much of a chance. You should know by now there are 1000+ kids per age group and nearly 1000+ different ideas of what they want from a club. For a club to succeed it has to have an identity and then attract kids with that identity. The entire spectrum is out there, no reason to ask.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form Empty Re: NEED FEEDBACK: New Club looking to form

Post by SoccerDad2002 31/07/15, 10:23 am

Possibility - the "Need Feedback" caught my eye, so that was a good segway to get parents attention and help. I agree that you have 1000's of parents on here, which is probably why you asked us. Blank77 has a point when many people are going to have different ideas and could cause collusion in your information.

I took your survey and it looks like you have an idea of where you want to go (Camps, Scholarships, Indoor Practice, etc), but perhaps you should let parents know your Mission Statement - what you plan on doing.

I understand looking for feedback. Especially since NTX Soccer has turned away from actual sport into a business. And what way do you ensure your business succeeds, listening to your customer. You are just trying to speed up that process.

Good luck in your endeavor, if it gets off and running. Remember, there are changes in the works: U10-U11 playing small sided soccer and later on going Age Pure (calendar year birth dates).

SoccerDad2002
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper 31/07/15, 10:38 am

Done, good idea!

Piper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/07/15, 10:40 am

Start by advertising as the first club in NTX to start forming and training based on the coming change.

Age change is happening for ALL ages, and likely as soon as 2016. This looks pretty official.
http://www.michiganyouthsoccer.org/AssetFactory.aspx?did=4305

"US Soccer has announced a change in the classification of age groups from the School Year (August 1-­‐July 31) to Calendar Birth Year (January 1-­‐December 31). Teams will no longer be referred to or registered as U19, U18, U17, U16, etc. but rather by Birth Year. (E.g. 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.)"

Back to top Go down

Post by Possibility 31/07/15, 04:43 pm

Blank77, I asked this question to all to see what others wanted. I value your opinion as well as others, but I obviously hope this club does do well starting next year. I'm just doing marketing research now.

SoccerDad2002, thanks for participating! A good point on my Mission Statement. I know what I want to do, but need to put better words. I guess if you asked me now, it would be to form a Club focused on Player Development by providing: outdoor & indoor practices, SAQ & Striking/Finishing training, GK Training and Camps in order to help your DD continue developing so they can do well in College and beyond.

AR15, thanks for participating! As of now, I have 21 feedbacks, which is a start. Was hoping for more, but hopefully it will get there.

SoccerFan79, good point on the focus and change for Ages as well as the small sided soccer.

Possibility
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 31/07/15, 10:36 pm

Given how hard it is getting honest, possible feedback on a new endeavor, I think it's an excellent idea to visit here as apart of your market research.

Your survey shows some good items that should be included at every club, but reponses to your survey will vary greatly by age group. Each age group has different needs... My view is a new club must start with excellent coaches, serving an underserved geographic area.

Out of curiosity, which age group(s) can you do a better job of serving than existing competitors?

Good luck in your new venture!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 01/08/15, 10:16 am

Does anyone have an idea of how many different clubs reside in the NTX area. How does this compare to other parts of the nation?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/08/15, 02:00 pm

IMO, if you want to start up a new club in the area, you have to have one of the following 4 situations:

1)  You need to find a currently under-served geographic area to call home.  That will be tough.  If anything, NTX is already over saturated with clubs.

2)  You need be offering something significantly different from other clubs - i.e. low cost, or a drastically alternative approach to training and development.  Based on your list of survey questions, I don't see any ideas that will separate you enough that you will attract players or parents to your club, away from the other established clubs.

3)  You start with significant financial backing and a well established "name", although this is not a guarantee.  It worked for Liverpool.  It didn't work for Rush.

4)  You start organically, with 1 or 2 individual teams, and by demonstrating success on the field with those teams, you are able to draw other players, teams, and coaches into your fold.  Similar to what Kicks has been able to do over the past few years.

I wish you the best of luck, but don't see anything in your survey that suggests you will be successful unless you plan to go the route of #4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Relegated 01/08/15, 04:38 pm

I started to fill out the survey and realized I was marking "Don't Care" a lot. All I really want is a coach that is developing my daughter towards her potential and one that my daughter enjoys playing for. I think when you find that type of coach/team/situation for your daughter the rest falls into place (and also makes the price tag of the experience less important).

Relegated
Relegated
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 01/08/15, 05:02 pm

CUZete90 wrote:IMO, if you want to start up a new club in the area, you have to have one of the following 4 situations:

1)  You need to find a currently under-served geographic area to call home.  That will be tough.  If anything, NTX is already over saturated with clubs.

2)  You need be offering something significantly different from other clubs - i.e. low cost, or a drastically alternative approach to training and development.  Based on your list of survey questions, I don't see any ideas that will separate you enough that you will attract players or parents to your club, away from the other established clubs.

3)  You start with significant financial backing and a well established "name", although this is not a guarantee.  It worked for Liverpool.  It didn't work for Rush.

4)  You start organically, with 1 or 2 individual teams, and by demonstrating success on the field with those teams, you are able to draw other players, teams, and coaches into your fold.  Similar to what Kicks has been able to do over the past few years.

I wish you the best of luck, but don't see anythingx in your survey that suggests you will be successful unless you plan to go the route of #4.

I agree with kicks, lfs is another good blueprint. Like anything else it really boils down to good people ie coaches and this is north tx, so sooner or later you will have to win. You should also start with the younger ages to build some teams. With no track record you would have to have a catch ie..cheaper just get people interested. I think a great market is in between crazy high level and rec. one large club fields a lot of lower level teams...the problem is they charge the same amount and lose most of those teams as the years go on. There are kids and parents that would love to play for fun, practice once a week and pay half the price clubs charge. IMHO.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down