North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

USSF Girls Development Academy? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

USSF Girls Development Academy?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

USSF Girls Development Academy? Empty USSF Girls Development Academy?

Post by Guest 10/08/15, 09:36 am

So I've read on a couple different sites now that US Soccer has money budgeted for a girls DA, but they are maybe 2 years out from taking any action.

Apparently there has been some speculation NTX would only get 2 DA spots. I'm guessing if the older YNT continue to underperform vs. international comp, maybe we will finally see a girls DA.

If it does happen, which clubs in NTX deserve or are likely to get a DA program?

Back to top Go down

USSF Girls Development Academy? Empty Re: USSF Girls Development Academy?

Post by 10sDad 10/08/15, 12:26 pm

My guess is Texans and FC Dallas if NTX only gets 2 spots. Brent's activities would preclude Sting from being in the top 2..it would give USSF a chance to distance themselves a bit. FCD has the pro team organization, and Texans are, well...politically powerful (is that a nice way to describe HN?)
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 10/08/15, 01:06 pm

I was going to mention Sting and either FCD or Texans but hadn't thought about Brent's transgressions.

Not saying they belong, but would LP be left out of loop due to not being a part of ECNL? Is that a requirement?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/15, 04:45 pm

Link(s)?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/08/15, 05:52 pm

there has been talk off girls DA and it would be a good thing. I would think FCD would be in as they are a favorite with the USSF. Their pro team has no relevance here as this is girls not boys. From there I would put Texans and LP for size and facilities. I give the slight nod to texans as LP may not be dialed in and focused enough to do what it takes. 2 yrs sounds about right to line up with the other changes coming.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/15, 06:01 pm

Only 2 spots?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/08/15, 06:30 pm

I hadn't heard anything about the number of spots but they are currently reducing the number of spots for the boys with a pyramid. Most spots will be in the upcoming U12 and 14. Fewer in the U16 and even less for the u18. I would expect a similar approach to the girls
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 10/08/15, 06:36 pm

Seems like another version of ODP. Site makes claims about placement and call ups. Those players would have been called up anyway. I'm supposed to believe coaches will ignore players from the top ECNL teams? Come on. It's a power grab, the USSF wants to think they're making this ground up system to feed players into the national teams. However that's not the goal for most parents, college scholarships are the goal. And it makes total sense on the women's side. Look at the rosters and there is no magic formula. Play for one of the top schools and you'll have a chance to play for the WNT.

Look at the WNT roster online and you'll see they hide the obvious,  the majority of the players hail from a handful of colleges. But they don't list that because they want you to believe USSF is actually doing something.

Want to play on the WNT? Go to Chapel Hill.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/08/15, 06:51 pm

actually you have that completely backwards. Colleges don't make top players they chose them. Make the national team and you will get a full ride to a top college of your choice. Abby wambach said that she didn't go to her first choice college because they didn't offer her a full ride. They only gave those to national team players. So she went to FL instead (not a top program at the time)

So nothing like ODP and I can say off the boys side of things most of the players are from the DA or internationals that are on the national teams. And no they won't ignore players but the national team will push their players into the DA and if they are successful the rest of the talent and eventually scouts will follow. It's not about ECNL or even DA it's about talent. It's just a league and nobody cares what it's called. So completely wrong. You want to go to Chapel hill? Better get on the national team or study really hard and have money so you can pay tuition after the national team players take all the scholorships.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 10/08/15, 10:42 pm

I'm just glad go99 has resurfaced.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/08/15, 03:23 am

It's going to get pretty interesting. The power struggle between USSF Girls DA, and ECNL. What chances do a FCD and a Texans take with the unknown of DA. They won't get both! Plus I don't see the top players leaving their teams to go play for an unknown Girla Academy. Oh well no worries here my DD will be well on her way to the next level before any of this mess is left for the younger ages. Good luck!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/08/15, 07:13 am

There shouldn't be a struggle but there will be. Here is how it will happen. Players could care less about leagues. The national team will push its players into the DA so they can get better control of their development and they will go because staying on the national team is more important that the league or even club. The local national training centers will be DA kids. The kids knocking on the national team door will also leave to help increase their chances. So that very top player who wants to play on the national team, college, and possibly pro will be where they need to be. After that everyone else (parents egos) will try to jump to the DA because its the "top" league and if you aren't playing in it then you don't matter. Kind of like the mentality of ECNL vs anything now. Fcd will join because the boys da means more to them than the entire girls side. The DA will ask and they will ablige. If Texans dont jump then LP definitely will so no problem there. There wont be many DA girls teams (they are reducing the number of boys teams) because there aren't many girls that it suits there need. The rest will still play on a national level (ECNL, NPL, national league etc) and go in to play in college. It's how it should work but it wont. Ego driven parents will push to get into the DA even though it doesn't suit their needs and then complain about the league. Same thing happen with the boys as the DA came along
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/15, 08:48 am

Isn't ECNL subordinate to a subordinate of USSF?  How could there be a power struggle?

I'd still like to see links, specifically referencing only 2 spots.

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 11/08/15, 09:34 am

[quote="go99"]There shouldn't be a struggle but there will be. Here is how it will happen. Players could care less about leagues. The national team will push its players into the DA so they can get better control of their development and they will go because staying on the national team is more important that the league or even club. The local national training centers will be DA kids. The kids knocking on the national team door will also leave to help increase their chances. So that very top player who wants to play on the national team, college, and possibly pro will be where they need to be. After that everyone else (parents egos) will try to jump to the DA because its the "top" league and if you aren't playing in it then you don't matter. Kind of like the mentality of ECNL vs anything now. Fcd will join because the boys da means more to them than the entire girls side. The DA will ask and they will ablige. If Texans dont jump then LP definitely will so no problem there. There wont be many DA girls teams (they are reducing the number of boys teams) because there aren't many girls that it suits there need. The rest will still play on a national level (ECNL, NPL, national league etc) and go in to play  in college. It's how it should work but it wont. Ego driven parents will push to get into the DA even though it doesn't suit their needs and then complain about the league. Same thing happen with the boys as the DA came along[/quote]

Any inside information on when they plan to reduce the number of DA teams on the boys side?

Agree that if US Soccer gets involved, it will run over the ECNL on the girls side as US Soccer controls the keys to the National Team.

My 4 year old may be here in time for DA girls soccer.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/15, 10:04 am

Go, everything you wrote made pretty good sense until you got to LP being given DA.

Maybe I'm missing something since LP is not much a factor in the age groups I pay attention...where are you getting this from? Are LP coaches running the national training centers or something?

I would think Solar would have far more standing with USSF given the type of teams and players they've been putting out lately.

Once you get past the Sting 97/95 juggernauts, looks like it has been mostly Solar carrying the flag for NTX. I can't imagine LP would get a DA before FCD, Texans, Solar or Sting.

With the growth projected in this area, I'd also be surprised if they don't at least give NTX 3 DA teams. I understand them not wanting to water it down (I notice ECNL is finally starting to kick out some of the bottom dwellers),
but if they make DA too small, wouldn't it expand costs and make it difficult to schedule regional play? Surely NTX has enough quality to justify at least 3.

I'm with zizou and don't think any of this will affect my DD, but if it's coming I hope they do it sooner rather than later.

Sho'Nuff...I made it all up....there are no links...Very Happy Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/08/15, 10:53 am

Sho'nuff wrote:Isn't ECNL subordinate to a subordinate of USSF?  How could there be a power struggle?

I'd still like to see links, specifically referencing only 2 spots.

Check your PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 12/08/15, 08:57 am

my 93bb played DA. DA was started because ODP had gotten too political and the entire process from local to regional to national was all just tryouts. Sure, they identified some skilled players, but players that function in a TEAM environment were not easily identifiable. How can you identify a "quarterback-style" center-mid by watching them play with strange teammates every time they step on the pitch?

So they came up with the DA. That got the girls jealous, so they whined for it too...but didn't get it. So they came up with ECNL on their own, independent of USSF. Now USSF is considering doing a DA for girls, and the whole thing will get interesting. There's gonna be a lot of bruised egos coming soon.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/08/15, 03:48 pm

4-3-3 wrote:Go, everything you wrote made pretty good sense until you got to LP being given DA.

Maybe I'm missing something since LP is not much a factor in the age groups I pay attention...where are you getting this from? Are LP coaches running the national training centers or something?

I would think Solar would have far more standing with USSF given the type of teams and players they've been putting out lately.

Once you get past the Sting 97/95 juggernauts, looks like it has been mostly Solar carrying the flag for NTX. I can't imagine LP would get a DA before FCD, Texans, Solar or Sting.

With the growth projected in this area, I'd also be surprised if they don't at least give NTX 3 DA teams. I understand them not wanting to water it down (I notice ECNL is finally starting to kick out some of the bottom dwellers),
but if they make DA too small, wouldn't it expand costs and make it difficult to schedule regional play? Surely NTX has enough quality to justify at least 3.

I'm with zizou and don't think any of this will affect my DD, but if it's coming I hope they do it sooner rather than later.

Sho'Nuff...I made it all up....there are no links...Very Happy Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad  

Nobody will get a DA spot before FCD. Solar is on the DA hot seat with the boys so I don't see them being given a girls spot. Texans are certainly in the picture but as someone said they may pass. And LP because facilities and economies of scale matter to the DA. A big component is the driving down the cost and they could be looking at the teams being funded. This year Texans funded their boys program. Much easier to do a move like that with a large club. Size wise the big three are FCD/LP (liverpool was the largest but with the loss of a few teams may have dropped below FCD) and then Texans with a considerable drop from there.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/08/15, 03:50 pm

Oh someone asked before about the DA reduction timeline. I am hearing about the time all of the age group changes are pushed thru so a couple of years away
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 12/08/15, 04:29 pm

go99 wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:Go, everything you wrote made pretty good sense until you got to LP being given DA.

Nobody will get a DA spot before FCD.  Solar is on the DA hot seat with the boys so I don't see them being given a girls spot.  Texans are certainly in the picture but as someone said they may pass.  And LP because facilities and economies of scale matter to the DA.  A big component is the driving down the cost and they could be looking at the teams being funded.  This year Texans funded their boys program.  Much easier to do a move like that with a large club.  Size wise the big three are FCD/LP (liverpool was the largest but with the loss of a few teams may have dropped below FCD) and then Texans with a considerable drop from there.

So USSF is going to base their decisions on what Girls clubs are chosen for DA based on how the boys side of that club has fared in the DA?  That makes a lot of sense.  I guess powerhouse all-girls clubs like Eclipse Select/SoCal Blues/etc etc need not apply?

Sillyness... Rolling Eyes

Btw, I thoroughly enjoyed your putting LP into the mix as well.  It was at this point I wondered if you were just having some fun with us all, but I realized you were being sincere. Embarassed

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/08/15, 04:54 pm

Why in the world would Texans pass on a girls DA...especially if DA will be more exclusive than ecnl?!?! Makes no sense at all. I'm sure Texans would gladly use a girls DA hammer to put a couple other volume clubs on life support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 12/08/15, 05:34 pm

the power play is on! This is the last thing the girls side needs is another league spreading our top player out so thin. if these groups cannot get together and work together then no one on the girls side will win. Players nor clubs.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/08/15, 06:21 pm

Gunners wrote:
go99 wrote:

Nobody will get a DA spot before FCD.  Solar is on the DA hot seat with the boys so I don't see them being given a girls spot.  Texans are certainly in the picture but as someone said they may pass.  And LP because facilities and economies of scale matter to the DA.  A big component is the driving down the cost and they could be looking at the teams being funded.  This year Texans funded their boys program.  Much easier to do a move like that with a large club.  Size wise the big three are FCD/LP (liverpool was the largest but with the loss of a few teams may have dropped below FCD) and then Texans with a considerable drop from there.

So USSF is going to base their decisions on what Girls clubs are chosen for DA based on how the boys side of that club has fared in the DA?  That makes a lot of sense.  I guess powerhouse all-girls clubs like Eclipse Select/SoCal Blues/etc etc need not apply?

Sillyness... Rolling Eyes

Btw, I thoroughly enjoyed your putting LP into the mix as well.  It was at this point I wondered if you were just having some fun with us all, but I realized you were being sincere. Embarassed

Ahhh I see the problem now. You Actually care what club and definitely don't want it to be LP.

Okay 1st DA will not be another ECNL. DA at least pretends to be a "developmental league" It will go more in that direction. How you "Fared" in the ECNL will have no bearing. They will chose FCD first because of their current strong connection with FCD and their ability to coerce them into in curing the massive additional cost. 2nd I didn't say Texans wouldn't take the spot someone else did. But Texans may pass because it's not a new toy that all of your friends don't have. It's a massive undertaking with alot of cost that ismore and more being pushed onto the club not the parents. HN does like his paper stacks. I suspect large girls clubs like blues etc may be able to make the cost structure work or find way to minimize it's financial impact. So to simplify boys Produce pro players and I make my money back. Girls? develop girls players because the USSF strongly asked me too.

ECNL will not go away and will be very viable. But already I see the damage happening. Not long ago the post was the DA can't happen because the ECNL is so super star awesome. To a Sharp retort of No way my club is not getting into super sexy "exclusive" league. And no way that would let that sucky club get into the completely unconfirmed yet definitely amazingly awesome super elite top of everything league.

FCD will be pushed and accept.
Texans can pull it off not sure if they will
LP has the size and financial ability to make it work without sinking its entire club
Not sure sting and the others do.
2 clubs sound about right (if there was no politics) definitely no more than 3. We don't have more girls than that with the ability, (family support), or desire
ECNL will still exist

So take off the Club tinted glasses and you can see where I am coming from. I don't own any part of liverpool and don't get a check from there. It's based on a logical thought process (which could be entirely wrong) not based on I like this club but not that one or these girls won some stuff wearing that clubs jerseys.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/08/15, 06:25 pm

Oh and a girls DA will be a good thing. It puts them emphasis on players on parents ability to be payers. It should open the talent pool to more players and take the focus from championships and results and put them squarely on development where it should be. Because US womens soccer is just as bad as the men the difference is athleticism alone is still paying dividends in the womens game and that check stopped cash decades ago in the mens game
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 12/08/15, 06:33 pm

I honestly don't care who gets DA or if it happens. By the time it does my soccer playing kids will be in college. What I do know is that no soccer entity/business would give something as substantial as what the DA distinction would be to a club with zero track record (ie Liverpool). The fact is, the next successful team Liverpool produces that's older than u12 will be its first and this is indisputable.

Notice that I didn't take as stern an issue with your very reasonable opinion about FCD, a club I've never had an affiliation with (just like LP). The LP opinion is laughable, but I guess you're allowed to have it.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next