North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL Schedules Posted  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL Schedules Posted

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ECNL Schedules Posted  - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Schedules Posted

Post by ballhead 18/08/15, 02:21 pm

the7wolf wrote:Given many select players (especially ECNL and D1 LH) avoid high school soccer because of the risk of injury, I sincerely doubt most Hogh School teams could compete with LH D2 teams let alone ECNL. To say that a school can compete with the best kids across North Texas from every school district is ridiculous.

But remember, they don't have to bring their own water, so there's that!

ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 18/08/15, 02:51 pm

I saw many ECNL players playing high school soccer last season. I also saw several High School teams that would beat D1 LHGCL teams...now as for beating an ECNL team, thats a different story.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 02:59 pm

In my experience (substantial) more girls get seriously injured playing for the their club teams than for their school teams and they do so because of overtraining. Many club coaches fail to realize that these girls are NOT machines, that they do need some R&R. Any club who does 'fitness training' without a ball is coached by someone who has no idea what he/she is doing.

Example. Prior to the recent ECNL nationals in Seattle, Sting had a 'mandatory' soccer camp at The Hockaday School. The parents had to pay for this 'mandatory' camp which covered five days from 9am to 9pm each day, including 7 hours on the soccer field (the rest being spent on lunch, dinner, film work) No-one does this sort of crap ever, not Barcelona, not Bayern Munich, not Manchester United. No wonder they got waxed in Seattle and in the nationals.

I feel the ECNL clubs, in an attempt to justify their exorbitant fees feel that 'more is more'. I can assure you that in soccer, more is NOT more. The North Texas ECNL clubs failure to be truly competitive nationally is down to the ignorance of most of their coaches.

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 18/08/15, 03:06 pm

dallas 1968 wrote:

Example. Prior to the recent ECNL nationals in Seattle, Sting had a 'mandatory' soccer camp at The Hockaday School. The parents had to pay for this 'mandatory' camp which covered five days from 9am to 9pm each day, including 7 hours on the soccer field (the rest being spent on lunch, dinner, film work) No-one does this sort of crap ever, not Barcelona, not Bayern Munich, not Manchester United. No wonder they got waxed in Seattle and in the nationals.

Holy crap !!!!! Sting ?????

Are they crazy? Are they professional coaches?

No any educated coach would do that even for adult.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 03:58 pm

PowerKick wrote:
dallas 1968 wrote:

Holy crap !!!!! Sting ?????

Are they crazy? Are they professional coaches?

No any educated coach would do that even for adult.

Thanks for the sarcasm. Yes, they are 'professional' coaches as this is how they earn their living. Please explain, in English, exactly what your last line refers to:

Quote: " No any educated coach would do that even for adult"

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 18/08/15, 04:04 pm

dallas 1968 wrote:In my experience (substantial) more girls get seriously injured playing for the their club teams than for their school teams and they do so because of overtraining. Many club coaches fail to realize that these girls are NOT machines, that they do need some R&R. Any club who does 'fitness training' without a ball is coached by someone who has no idea what he/she is doing.

I feel the ECNL clubs, in an attempt to justify their exorbitant fees feel that 'more is more'. I can assure you that in soccer, more is NOT more. The North Texas ECNL clubs failure to be truly competitive nationally is down to the ignorance of most of their coaches.

Forgive me for resorting to childishness, but I can resist no longer...

You are a (substantial) clueless idiot.  Do yourself a favor and stop posting.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 04:21 pm

Please quit with the moronic attacks and explain exactly why I am 'a clueless idiot'. I am offering an opinion that is different from the majority apparently. No-one seems to be actually addressing the points I am making, rather resorting to personal attacks. Why should I stop posting ? because my well formed opinion differs from yours ?

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 18/08/15, 04:35 pm

Dallas1968.....You've been on the forum exactly a month and you've already been asked to stop posting......is this a record?
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/08/15, 04:54 pm

dallas 1968 wrote:Please quit with the moronic attacks and explain exactly why I am 'a clueless idiot'. I am offering an opinion that is different from the majority apparently. No-one seems to be actually addressing the points I am making, rather resorting to personal attacks. Why should I stop posting ? because my well formed opinion differs from yours ?

The catch 22.  You are too clueless to know that you are.

As for your well formed opinion.  

As the old saying goes 'Opinions are like xxxholes, everyone has one and no one is interested in yours'.  Even if it is a well formed one.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 18/08/15, 05:18 pm

Big Poppy wrote:Dallas1968.....You've been on the forum exactly a month and you've already been asked to stop posting......is this a record?

However if his disclosure regarding Sting's practice is true, I would appreciate him/her to let others know. So far seems no one deny it yet.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 18/08/15, 05:26 pm

Not true for '00 ECNL team.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/08/15, 05:41 pm

Seven wrote:...now as for beating an ECNL team, thats a different story.

This is my issue..."an ecnl team" as if ALL of them are stacked with ballers.  There are some amazing ecnl teams, many more above average with a handful of top prospects and good filler, and a good number of BAD ecnl teams. The fact BAD ecnl teams exist is never acknowledged by the propagandists...which is why some can get away with claims like "ANY" ecnl team would do such and such. It's old and beyond disingenuous at this point.

The claim many top players are skipping high school needs some sort of justification....most major prospects I can think of the last 5 years played hs....chi, haley, harr, asom, etc etc. Seems to me if most were already skipping it ecnl would copy DA and outlaw hs.

There is no ecnl team in ntx with all the best players from every district...if there is tell me who, so I can take my daughter and go watch them play.

Yes hs is irrelevant in recruiting, and the majority of hs soccer is not quality. But there are some stout hs programs who can play and are well coached, and these blanket statements about the universal superiority of ecnl teams is more chest thumping than anything else. I would put money on the hs state finalists against at least a third of  ecnl teams. HS kids are playing for pride and for each other....they are not a collection of mercenaries showcasing themselves for college...some of the stuff that goes on in hs rivalry games is beyond anything you see in club. Ecnl has great consolidation of talented players, but that doesn't equate to each one of them being great TEAMS.  

This chest thumping elitism is one of the big problems with ntx soccer and us soccer in general. I'll just throw out there that ussf has the solution to pay to play right under their noses....high schools. Get the top coaches and resources into the schools instead of in clubs, and players will consolidate and parents won't be able to call the shots anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 07:11 pm

Great post, although much too logical and well thought out for some on this thread. As far as my claim that Sting did indeed have their nutcase, 12 hours a day, for 5 straight days, 'soccer camp' at Hockaday prior to them getting hammered in Seattle well, it did indeed happen and for CERTAIN their '99 team was involved.

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 07:13 pm

PowerKick wrote:
Big Poppy wrote:Dallas1968.....You've been on the forum exactly a month and you've already been asked to stop posting......is this a record?

However if his disclosure regarding Sting's practice is true, I would appreciate him/her to let others know. So far seems no one deny it yet.

This idiotic 'camp' did indeed happen as told. That's why no one is able to deny it. Two weeks later Sting got waxed in Seattle.

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/08/15, 08:01 pm

dallas 1968 wrote:Sting got waxed in Seattle.

Sting '97 ECNL:  2-0-1 - Two 5-1 wins and a 1-3 loss, which was the teams 1st loss in 2 years.  Disappointing, yes, but waxed Question

Sting '98 ECNL:  3-0-0 - 6-1, 7-3, 3-1 wins, advanced to National Finals. Please send Mr. Miyagi my way, as I'd love to get waxed like that.

Sting '99 ECNL:  1-0-3 - An 0-2 Loss, two 1 goal losses and a 3-1 win.  I guess that can qualify as getting waxed, but the '99 team has never been considered to be the same caliber as the '98 and '97 teams.

So I'm guessing that Dallas 1968's DD got waxed from the Sting '99 roster at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 09:26 pm

CUZete90 wrote:

Sting '99 ECNL:  1-0-3 - An 0-2 Loss, two 1 goal losses and a 3-1 win.  I guess that can qualify as getting waxed, but the '99 team has never been considered to be the same caliber as the '98 and '97 teams.

...Yet this was the Sting team that had the 'mandatory', 12 hours a day camp at Hockaday prior to 'getting waxed' in Seattle. That is what I had claimed and that is what happened.

I do not have a child involved. I do have a connection to a local high school and watch plenty of soccer, both ECNL and high school. In North Texas, ECNL is way over rated as the coaching, for the most part, is very poor.

Last edited by dallas 1968 on 18/08/15, 09:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/08/15, 09:46 pm

dallas 1968 wrote:
CUZete90 wrote:

...Yet this was the Sting team that had the 'mandatory', 12 hours a day camp at Hockaday prior to 'getting waxed' in Seattle. That is what I had claimed and that is what happened.

I do not have a child involved. I do have a connection to a local high school and watch plenty of soccer, both ECNL and high school. In North Texas, ECNL is way over rated as the coaching, for the most part, is very poor.

All 3 of the teams I mentioned are coached by Tatu and participated in the camp. I can't speak to any of the particulars of the camp, but I believe he has held it multiple years, including last year when his '97 team won the ECNL national championship.

But then again, NTX teams fail to compete on a National basis, so don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 18/08/15, 10:16 pm

CUZete90 wrote:

All 3 of the teams I mentioned are coached by Tatu and participated in the camp.  I can't speak to any of the particulars of the camp, but I believe he has held it multiple years, including last year when his '97 team won the ECNL national championship.  

But then again, NTX teams fail to compete on a National basis, so don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

I don't care who Tatu is, but it is stupid to hold a camp like this.

And Sting/Tatu/12hours5days/multiple years, that explains why NTX cannot produce even one national team player in 20 years, with the 2nd largest soccer market.

Don't blame the parents any more, coaches. It is the Tatus, the so called top coaches and top clubs who messed up our talents and waste our money for the last 20 years.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 18/08/15, 10:32 pm

PowerKick wrote:
CUZete90 wrote:

I don't care who Tatu is, but it is stupid to hold a camp like this.

And Sting/Tatu/12hours5days/multiple years, that explains why NTX cannot produce even one national team player in 20 years, with the 2nd largest soccer market.

Don't blame the parents any more, coaches. It is the Tatus, the so called top coaches and top clubs who messed up our talents and waste our money for the last 20 years.

Spot on. Simple, direct and to the point.

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/08/15, 11:02 pm

How much is this camp?

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 18/08/15, 11:17 pm

Wow.
I've been gone too long...
I have no idea where to start.
I've been lost in the wilderness, been eating bugs for a month and stumbled into an all-you-can-eat buffet...

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas 1968 19/08/15, 07:28 am

Sho'nuff wrote:How much is this camp?

I understand the mandatory 12 hours a day camp cost each player $350.00

dallas 1968
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/15, 08:20 am

dallas 1968 wrote:
Sho'nuff wrote:How much is this camp?

I understand the mandatory 12 hours a day camp cost each player $350.00

I'm sure it sounded cool around the watercooler. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 19/08/15, 08:43 am

We get it, 1968 and 4-3-3 don't like ECNL.  What else is new?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/15, 09:00 am

Packrabbit wrote:Wow.
I've been gone too long...
I have no idea where to start.
I've been lost in the wilderness, been eating bugs for a month and stumbled into an all-you-can-eat buffet...

Heh, heh.  I thought that was you I saw on that Alaska Wilderness show. At least the Bears didn't eat you.  Been the same-ole, same-ole around here. The young teams are the best teams that have ever existed, the old teams get more quiet with each passing second and in general, crazy , ignorance and arrogance are the order of the day. You'll be glad to hear that we have solved every single problem with NTX soccer while you were away, but alas, Cesar has failed to implement any of our ingenious solutions.  We're expecting swift and sweeping reforms any minute now. Welcome back.

Looking forward to laughing my way through the first scathing rebuke of the 2015 season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 19/08/15, 09:43 am

4-3-3 wrote:
Seven wrote:...now as for beating an ECNL team, thats a different story.

This is my issue..."an ecnl team" as if ALL of them are stacked with ballers.  There are some amazing ecnl teams, many more above average with a handful of top prospects and good filler, and a good number of BAD ecnl teams. The fact BAD ecnl teams exist is never acknowledged by the propagandists...which is why some can get away with claims like "ANY" ecnl team would do such and such. It's old and beyond disingenuous at this point.

The claim many top players are skipping high school needs some sort of justification....most major prospects I can think of the last 5 years played hs....chi, haley, harr, asom, etc etc. Seems to me if most were already skipping it ecnl would copy DA and outlaw hs.

There is no ecnl team in ntx with all the best players from every district...if there is tell me who, so I can take my daughter and go watch them play.

Yes hs is irrelevant in recruiting, and the majority of hs soccer is not quality. But there are some stout hs programs who can play and are well coached, and these blanket statements about the universal superiority of ecnl teams is more chest thumping than anything else. I would put money on the hs state finalists against at least a third of  ecnl teams. HS kids are playing for pride and for each other....they are not a collection of mercenaries showcasing themselves for college...some of the stuff that goes on in hs rivalry games is beyond anything you see in club. Ecnl has great consolidation of talented players, but that doesn't equate to each one of them being great TEAMS.  

This chest thumping elitism is one of the big problems with ntx soccer and us soccer in general. I'll just throw out there that ussf has the solution to pay to play right under their noses....high schools. Get the top coaches and resources into the schools instead of in clubs, and players will consolidate and parents won't be able to call the shots anymore.

For what it's worth, there will be 10+ "01" girls joining the Southlake Soccer program this season.  7 from Solar Bates ECNL (2 Forwards, Mid Fielder, 4 Defenders, 1 Dallas Kicks starting Mid Fielder, 1 Texans ECNL Goalie, 3-4 Solar Division 1 LHGCL players.  I am not suggesting this team is stacked...however, there is some serious talent moving into an already strong HS Soccer program. IMO
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next