North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

On the Horizon Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

On the Horizon

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On the Horizon Empty On the Horizon

Post by DallasMessi 18/02/16, 11:18 am

2015 was the rain and cancelled games, and that caused a mess and leagues didn't complete games, and then resulted to a 'make everyone happy' solution at the expense of keeping the league competitive.

Now in 2016, some smart person has decided that age-pure is needed.

Regardless of when the birthday deadlines are, there's still going to be children at the front and 360 days behind in age. But lets screw up the leagues again and make a bigger mess.

So now, we must look forward to more drama as teams must decide which age group to play in. It's just going to be a bigger mess.

In the end the kids are the ones that are affected.

IMO, the best solution for a kid is to remain on the same team and grow within the confines of the same team.

Every kid that I seen leave my daughter's 01 team 5 years ago for higher div play haven't become better players than if they would have stayed.

The best solution would have been to start with the age thing in the academy and just let the girls finish as a grandfathered rule using existing age rules.

That's my 2 cents.....

DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

On the Horizon Empty Re: On the Horizon

Post by Guest 18/02/16, 12:12 pm

Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 18/02/16, 12:25 pm

Wait!!!! They are going age pure?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 18/02/16, 01:32 pm

your 2 cents arent worth a penny.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/02/16, 01:57 pm

Ditto

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 18/02/16, 03:25 pm

ItsMeAgain doesn't like me Sad
DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 19/02/16, 07:09 am

DallasMessi wrote:
Every kid that I seen leave my daughter's 01 team 5 years ago for higher div play haven't become better players than if they would have stayed.

Just because those kids left for a higher division team doesn't guarantee they'd become better players. Much of that is dependent on coaching, skills, style of play, etc.

Perhaps those girls who left had goals of playing HS soccer and felt they needed to join a higher division team to achieve that goal.

allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 19/02/16, 11:52 am

allhatnocattle wrote:
DallasMessi wrote:

Perhaps those girls who left had goals of playing HS soccer and felt they needed to join a higher division team to achieve that goal.

Making the HS soccer team is more a function of geography than anything else.  We have girls from my daughter's club team playing varsity their freshman year.  Other are spending the year on JV rosters.  A few were lucky to achieve that.  Some schools are stacked with talent while others not so much.  I was a bit naïve.  I never expected the breadth of the talent gap I have seen between schools.  The skills that girls pick up during club ball help them compete but don't guarantee a starting varsity spot.  There are a lot of girls playing club soccer.  We same the same girls on Tuesday and Friday that we see on Saturday just in different jerseys and often different roles.  Its all good.  They enjoy playing with friends.
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoogleSoccer 19/02/16, 12:46 pm

While geography plays a part in the numbers/opportunities, soccer skills are the deciding factor. Not what league your dd plays in.

And while I don't agree 100% with Marvel and Messi on the Plano vs LH discussion, I have seen a North Texas School starting a PPL kid while multiple LH div 1 players on same team are sitting the bench and playing considerable less.

GS

GoogleSoccer
GoogleSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 01:37 pm

GoogleSoccer wrote:While geography plays a part in the numbers/opportunities, soccer skills are the deciding factor.  Not what league your dd plays in.

And while I don't agree 100% with Marvel and Messi on the Plano vs LH discussion, I have seen a North Texas School starting a PPL kid while multiple LH div 1 players on same team are sitting the bench and playing considerable less.

GS

correct on the league comment.....................wrong on the skills comment.............................speed, size, aggression, strength, and politics are the determining factors.................having soccer skills is just a bonus. just like ODP. a better explanation to your second comment as well then referring to marvelous and messi rationalizations.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 01:39 pm

Driver wrote:
allhatnocattle wrote:
DallasMessi wrote:

Making the HS soccer team is more a function of geography than anything else.  We have girls from my daughter's club team playing varsity their freshman year.  Other are spending the year on JV rosters.  A few were lucky to achieve that.  Some schools are stacked with talent while others not so much.  I was a bit naïve.  I never expected the breadth of the talent gap I have seen between schools.  The skills that girls pick up during club ball help them compete but don't guarantee a starting varsity spot.  There are a lot of girls playing club soccer.  We same the same girls on Tuesday and Friday that we see on Saturday just in different jerseys and often different roles.  Its all good.  They enjoy playing with friends.

good point of view taken here
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 19/02/16, 01:57 pm

IMO, speed, size, aggression, strength are part of an individual's soccer skills, in addition to touches and soccer IQ.

Politics exists in Club Soccer too...

And all these mentioned by ItsNotMeAgain apply to Club Soccer
DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 02:07 pm

DallasMessi wrote:IMO, speed, size, aggression, strength are part of an individual's soccer skills, in addition to touches and soccer IQ.

Politics exists in Club Soccer too...

And all these mentioned by ItsNotMeAgain apply to Club Soccer

shows how uneducated you are. those are not skills. theyre traits and attributes or some would say genetics. what a stupid comment.  and to justify that its in club too, ok, yes, it is, but not to the same priority or extent.....................not even close.

On the Horizon 55811510

Last edited by ItsMeAgain on 19/02/16, 02:20 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : comment wasn't being expressed effectively)
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 19/02/16, 02:11 pm

ItsMeAgain wrote:
GoogleSoccer wrote:While geography plays a part in the numbers/opportunities, soccer skills are the deciding factor.  Not what league your dd plays in.

GS

correct on the league comment.....................wrong on the skills comment.............................speed, size, aggression, strength, and politics are the determining factors.................having soccer skills is just a bonus.  just like ODP.  a better explanation to your second comment as well then referring to marvelous and messi rationalizations.  

Agree with this last comment.

There are numerous factors beyond soccer that determine if and how much HS soccer your daughter will enjoy. HS coaches aren't evaluated under the same criteria as club coaches. Their livelihood is not determined by simple number of wins. They play who they want out of the pool available to them. The coach may not enjoy prima donnas. Not all pools are equal or even close to equal. It is possible that a Plano girl can match the skill of the LH D1 mentioned above. There are reasons she may prefer playing in Plano. Unless a player has tried unsuccessfully to make a D1 roster, you can't definitively say one is better. You can imply though. Competition determines quality. I know of one instance where a star Plano player is also the star of her HS team. It happens. It just isn't the norm. But if you are a school where the roster resembles an ECNL all-star team, any number of Plano and LH players may be watching a lot of soccer and playing little. On the other hand, you may see a LH D3 or Plano girl star at another school filled by lesser talent.
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 02:41 pm

DallasMessi wrote:ItsMeAgain IMO opinion is trash.

Anyone who calls anyone stupid is trash.

Trash Trash Trash.

said comment was stupid.  not the person that said it.  and to show hypocrisy by calling me trash, come on.......................get over it and move on.

(couldnt delete your comment fast enough could you.................... Laughing )
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 19/02/16, 02:47 pm

ItsMeAgain - your small tunnel vision is really not welcome here....

IMO
strength- being able to hold off a defender with the ball is a soccer skill. just because you are strong (trait) doesn't mean you can do it on the field.

speed- being able to dribble and sprint w/o loosing the ball is a soccer skill

size- knowing how to use your size in soccer to score is a soccer skill or what ever is a skill. just being a big girls is a trait.

etc etc

DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 02:56 pm

DallasMessi wrote:ItsMeAgain - your small tunnel vision is really not welcome here....

IMO
strength- being able to hold off a defender with the ball is a soccer skill.  just because you are strong (trait) doesn't mean you can do it on the field.

speed-   being able to dribble and sprint w/o loosing the ball is a soccer skill

size- knowing how to use your size in soccer to score (with a ball of course) is a soccer skill or what ever is a skill. just being a big girls is a trait. (exactly)

etc etc

just give it up man.................you've taken all that I mentioned out of context and tried to put them in my mouth.  not cool.

i wasn't referring to what they can do with the ball given the strength, speed, and size they have.  i was referring to their physical strength, physical speed, and physical size.  what a player does with a ball, regardless of strength, speed, and size is referred to as a S-K-I-L-L and everything you mentioned above was more about doing something with a ball instead of simply running faster, hitting harder, or being bigger.

i think at this point you should refer to yourself with the tunnel vision.  maybe you should go back to crying about the unfairness of lake highlands and how they screwed your team out of a precious spot.

Last edited by ItsMeAgain on 19/02/16, 03:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 19/02/16, 03:16 pm

Arguing over what a skill is. That's a new one. Laughing

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 19/02/16, 03:46 pm

ItsMeAgain gets off on nasty replies.

Not a not a nice person.  

Please leave.

I can only imagine what a horrible person you are in real life.
DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 19/02/16, 04:12 pm

Just to clarify Google Soccer. The statement has always been the ECNL is the best. LH 1 is the 2nd best LH 2 is the third and so on across the board. My statement has been their are pockets and I think that is Messi's position as well. My position has been that the gap has gotten smaller for numerous reasons sometimes by choice sometimes due to the way the system is currently set up. I don't want anyone getting the words twisted as is apt to happen in this place.

It's been so interesting reading the banter though the 01 board is back alive and kicking. Thanks for the upset that allowed me to visit this place again. Please note I still call it an upset when a lower level team beats a higher level team. I like the underdog it makes for a fun story.

Here's to hoping the board can become civil again but I think I know the answer. Messi try to play nice, I think ItsMe is just trying to get a rise out of you and it's working.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 19/02/16, 04:23 pm

Good post Marvel, and yes we both have same opinions.

All is good -

Let's just say ItsMeAgain can post all she wants now. I am not replying to her going forward.

DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 19/02/16, 04:38 pm

OrangeBlooded wrote:Arguing over what a skill is.  That's a new one. Laughing

The real question is whether we are skillful debaters or merely full of skill debaters....
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 05:14 pm

DallasMessi wrote:ItsMeAgain gets off on nasty replies.

Not a not a nice person.  

Please leave.

I can only imagine what a horrible person you are in real life.

you being the pot or the kettle now? Rolling Eyes i'm not the one referring to others as trash. you really need to get a backbone if you're going to post your opinion and start whining when it's challenged. Your lack of effective recent responses tells me youre arguements were misplaced and it's appreciated. I agree on one point with you, don't respond to me anymore. don't know why I wasted my time trying to help a brick wall look at things from a different angle.

open up you ears, listen to what others are saying instead of focusing on your own arguements, try getting a broader perspective, and grow up already.
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 19/02/16, 05:19 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:  
Here's to hoping the board can become civil again but I think I know the answer.  Messi try to play nice, I think ItsMe is just trying to get a rise out of you and it's working.

nope. just stating opinions and backing them up. if that "gets a rise" out of someone, not my doing. and if he doesn't like it he's welcome to leave the forum just as he invited me to. or should I say she.......... Rolling Eyes
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 19/02/16, 05:21 pm

Playing in tall grass....now that is a skill.
cheers

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next