North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DMN Girls DA Story Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DMN Girls DA Story

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DMN Girls DA Story Empty DMN Girls DA Story

Post by soccersounder 22/03/16, 01:42 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted, but it looks to be from today's edition:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/03/22/will-high-school-soccer-programs-suffer-us-soccer-academies-tighten-grip-young-talent
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

DMN Girls DA Story Empty Re: DMN Girls DA Story

Post by go99 22/03/16, 02:53 pm

soccersounder wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted, but it looks to be from today's edition:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/03/22/will-high-school-soccer-programs-suffer-us-soccer-academies-tighten-grip-young-talent

Boooring!!!! What did they just repost this article and replace a few of the names from when boys came thru? Same crocodile tears from coaches with something to lose for themselves. Uh oh! look out. Instead of just filling your HS team with select and ECNL girls and sitting back for the ride, a whole new group of girls may actually get an opportunity and god forbid those coaches actually have to do a little "coaching"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 22/03/16, 03:05 pm

58 goals in 14 games?? That's averaging over 4 goals a game. Sounds like HS is more like REC for this future star of the National team.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 22/03/16, 03:06 pm

go99 wrote:
soccersounder wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted, but it looks to be from today's edition:

Boooring!!!! What did they just repost this article and replace a few of the names from when boys came thru?  Same crocodile tears from coaches with something to lose for themselves.  Uh oh! look out.  Instead of just filling your HS team with select and ECNL girls and sitting back for the ride, a whole new group of girls may actually get an opportunity and god forbid those coaches actually have to do a little "coaching"

scratch
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/16, 03:23 pm

years ago when boys DA came along with the no HS etc. There was a moaning and wringing of hands. Articles with coaches bemoaning the great tragedy and then life went on. The article isn't new idea, info or even complaints. It's the same tired retread from people using the media to try and protect their own self interest.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 22/03/16, 03:27 pm

I can tell ya she couldn't score 58 in 14 games in 6-6a

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 22/03/16, 03:37 pm

go99 wrote:

Boooring!!!! What did they just repost this article and replace a few of the names from when boys came thru?  Same crocodile tears from coaches with something to lose for themselves.  Uh oh! look out.  Instead of just filling your HS team with select and ECNL girls and sitting back for the ride, a whole new group of girls may actually get an opportunity and god forbid those coaches actually have to do a little "coaching"

I found it a little better than boring.. Not all of us were tuned into the boys side a few years ago when DA came through.. Plus it gave a few local soccer names a chance to weigh in with some thoughts AND it had some useful info.. Like Feet still considering on whether to apply or not, while the other local 4 ECNL Clubs have decided to apply.. I guess it didn't shake the earth for you, but I thought it was a decent read...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 22/03/16, 03:52 pm

soccersounder wrote:
go99 wrote:

I found it a little better than boring.. Not all of us were tuned into the boys side a few years ago when DA came through.. Plus it gave a few local soccer names a chance to weigh in with some thoughts AND it had some useful info.. Like Feet still considering on whether to apply or not, while the other local 4 ECNL Clubs have decided to apply.. I guess it didn't shake the earth for you, but I thought it was a decent read...
I didn't realize other sports were off limit as well. Not so sure how well that would go over in my household

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 22/03/16, 04:01 pm

With 4 Training's per week, would other sports still be a good idea? DA will not be for everyone...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/16, 04:06 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
go99 wrote:

I didn't realize other sports were off limit as well. Not so sure how well that would go over in my household

for the boys U14 soccer was off limits other sports were ok. by 16 it is all sports
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/16, 04:07 pm

soccersounder wrote:
go99 wrote:

yeah I guess it's a little like watching bugs bunny as a kid not knowing it was all re-runs
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuce 22/03/16, 04:08 pm

A lot of quotes from BOYS high school coaches for a piece about GIRLS' DA. Sure one to talk about the effects when boys' DA started, but was it really that hard to reach girls' coaches who would be affected?

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/16, 04:10 pm

already had it in the tin deuce.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 22/03/16, 04:17 pm

go99 wrote:already had it in the tin deuce.  

You clearly have this Girls DA thing figured out, so what is your take on it?
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/03/16, 09:37 pm

The girls DA will be a good think and improving every year in the boys. It will not be for everyone and in fact not the best route for most. If done properly and parental egos kept in check there will be room for both DA and ECNL. DA is a PLAYER development model and an attempt to raise the quality. ECNL is a TEAM and player showcase model. Really showcase tournaments organized into a league
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 23/03/16, 08:13 am

go99 wrote:The girls DA will be a good think and improving every year in the boys.  It will not be for everyone and in fact not the best route for most.  If done properly and parental egos kept in check there will be room for both DA and ECNL.  DA is a PLAYER development model and an attempt to raise the quality.  ECNL is TEAM and player showcase model.  Really showcase tournaments organized into a league

You have summarized it plain and simple. DA is focused on Player Development as the first priority, all other leagues are focused on Team Development/Performance first.

The challenge will be to see if DA, on the girls side, can hold true to the mission and sustain the model.

There is much less opportunity for the clubs to earn any kind of a long term financial return on player development on the girls side (=$0) than there is on the boys side.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 23/03/16, 08:59 am

With the exception of the MLS academies, there is zero return on the boys side either until US Soccer starts paying out the transfer fees of the players, but I would argue....

The money is owed to the parent in the US, not the club, unless fully funded by the club. We the parents foot the bills, not the clubs.

There are far more non MLS academy programs than there are MLS programs. This could also explain why the MLS programs at least at face value seem to be producing better quality players. FCD being consistently the best within MLS. They are focused on the development as it will eventually help the first team or the club in general when money is recieved for selling a player.

Someone stated only MLS clubs should have DA status. Maybe so, who knows... for all we know that happens on the girls side.

My money says 2 clubs, MAYBE 3.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/03/16, 10:08 am

One day I'm gonna find a Unicorn at the soccer complex and her name will be "Development".

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 23/03/16, 10:12 am

Lefty wrote:
go99 wrote:The girls DA will be a good think and improving every year in the boys.  It will not be for everyone and in fact not the best route for most.  If done properly and parental egos kept in check there will be room for both DA and ECNL.  DA is a PLAYER development model and an attempt to raise the quality.  ECNL is   TEAM and player showcase model.  Really showcase tournaments organized into a league

You have summarized it plain and simple.  DA is focused on Player Development as the first priority, all other leagues are focused on Team Development/Performance first.

The challenge will be to see if DA, on the girls side, can hold true to the mission and sustain the model.

There is much less opportunity for the clubs to earn any kind of a long term financial return on player development on the girls side (=$0) than there is on the boys side.

Based on what you have said, I would assume the local boys DA clubs are holding development over winning..... But I have also heard some of the boys DA Clubs manipulate the age requirements by having more of the older players on a roster, as well as "working around" the mandatory starting rules.... Those would be to the contrary...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 23/03/16, 10:17 am

AtThePitch wrote:With the exception of the MLS academies, there is zero return on the boys side either until US Soccer starts paying out the transfer fees of the players, but I would argue....

The money is owed to the parent in the US, not the club, unless fully funded by the club.  We the parents foot the bills, not the clubs.

There are far more non MLS academy programs than there are MLS programs. This could also explain why the MLS programs at least at face value seem to be producing better quality players. FCD being consistently the best within MLS. They are focused on the development as it will eventually help the first team or the club in general when money is recieved for selling a player.  

Someone stated only MLS clubs should have DA status. Maybe so, who knows... for all we know that happens on the girls side.

My money says 2 clubs, MAYBE 3.

There has actually already been a lawsuit to that effect

I spoke to two current ECNL DOC's and they both agreed 4 Clubs will go.. Texans and FCD for Facilities and Backing. Sting for Tradition, success and National Team players and Solar for the relationship on the boys side... They did say it was only a their best guess
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 23/03/16, 10:21 am

Correct, lawsuit is peninding but no outcome yet. The lawsuit is to have the clubs paid. Wouldn't that be great. We the parents pay, the clubs get paid on the front end and the back end... SMH

AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/03/16, 10:37 am

soccersounder wrote:I spoke to two current ECNL DOC's and they both agreed 4 Clubs will go

I just threw up in my mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 23/03/16, 11:32 am

Sho'Nuff wrote:
soccersounder wrote:I spoke to two current ECNL DOC's and they both agreed 4 Clubs will go

I just threw up in my mouth.

It was just a guess Sho Nuff.... No different than yours or mine... Very Happy

My guess is 3.... Sting, Texans, FCD...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 23/03/16, 11:41 am

AtThePitch wrote:

The money is owed to the parent in the US, not the club, unless fully funded by the club.  We the parents foot the bills, not the clubs.

I guess I don't quite understand the logic in this. Would you use this same logic for other things that you have invested in your kids?

I'll give you some examples.

1) You pay for your kid to go to private school, they get into a great college because they have good grades and even receive a partial scholarship. When they end up working for NASA are you going to ask NASA to pay you because you are the one that spent the money on the great private school that ultimately shaped your kid?

2) You pay for your kids piano lessons when they are young and they become a world famous musician. Are you going to ask for a percentage of their concert receipts because you are the one that footed the bill for the piano lessons?

3) Your kid plays high school baseball and is a good player but not great. You decide to pay for private hitting lessons and then he starts tearing it up. He gets drafted in the first round and signs a good contract. Are you going to want to be paid because you paid for the private hitting lessons?

As parents, you are in complete control over what you choose to invest in on behalf of your child. Whether it be school, athletics, music or acting classes, your investments is a means to develop them. You did not develop them, your money is what enabled them to develop. Professional clubs pay fees for developing youth players not fees to reimburse people for paying to be developed.

The only way this sport grows in the US is if youth clubs are incentivized to develop players for the highest level. When and only when that happens, they will be judged by how many YNT and professionals they have had come through their club and not by what place they are in the standings. This is the single most important thing to take soccer in the US to the next level.

If this happens, the clubs will be able to use any funds they generate and reduce or get rid of the financial burden of the parents. But until then, it is a simple decision that you have to make on behalf of your kids - invest in them or not.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 23/03/16, 12:21 pm

Devil's advocate.

1) Parents pay for their kid to go to private school, kid gets into a great college because they have good grades and even receive a partial scholarship. When they end up working for NASA is the private school going to ask NASA to pay them because they educated the kid, when they were already paid to educate the kid?

2) Parent pays for their kids piano lessons when they are young and they become a world famous musician. Is the piano teacher going to ask for a percentage of their concert receipts because they taught the kid, when they were already paid to teach the kid piano lessons?

3) Your kid plays high school baseball and is a good player but not great. Parent decides to pay for private hitting lessons and then he starts tearing it up. He gets drafted in the first round and signs a good contract. Does the hitting instructor want to be paid because he made the kid a better hitter?

Your argument is a joke.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next