North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Liverpool D'Feeters - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Liverpool D'Feeters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liverpool D'Feeters - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool D'Feeters

Post by go99 22/04/16, 10:53 am

ECNL has done nothing but collect top teams for what amounts to college showcases. So in that sense it has been a success in making recruiting for college coaches easier and lining adults pockets.

and the US won the WC but were outplayed most of it regardless of the results and the USSF's job is not to sit back until they start losing but to improve before they are in shambles (just ask the mighty England men)

You seem to be personally hurt by the fact that they didn't add girls when they made boys DA. It's not personal. Sexism, arrogance, lack of desperation that the men have? Sure maybe, but not personal.

Now the reason it makes sense and can be a great thing is the one group who has a vested interest in developing players to compete long term at the international level is the USSF. It is just a developmental league to create it's own future players.

So the USSF adding the girls is a good thing anyway you look at it (besides the crazy I love ECNL way). The only problem is PARENTS. It is not, will not be, and never way created for the needs of every player. It's not exclusive, not about your ego, not even about wins and losses. It is about creating a certain player and if you do not want to be that player then you shouldn't be there.

Now if you or have a vested interest in the ECNL I apologize because this could take a small dip into your money. If not then I have difficulty understanding your pain. The ECNL is just a league. They don't know you, they don't love you, they don't give two $#its about you or your kid. Now neither does the DA but the DA does at least have some skin in the game and some of their own money to back it up.

Since we are asking questions, you tell me "how is having more opportunities to play a BAD thing"

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 22/04/16, 11:11 am

go99 wrote:ECNL has done nothing but collect top teams for what amounts to college showcases.  So in that sense it has been a success in making recruiting for college coaches easier and lining adults pockets. So even your compliments are negative, lol

and the US won the WC but were outplayed most of it regardless of the results and the USSF's job is not to sit back until they start losing but to improve before they are in shambles (just ask the mighty England men)matter of opinion really, I wanted them to be challenged, but they really walked through fairly easy. No factor here. The US is leading the race and always has regardless of the current Youth League set up at the time. What? You think the soccer power countries around the world have suddenly decided, yes, women ARE equal?? lol You better turn on CSPAN or something or

You seem to be personally hurt by the fact that they didn't add girls when they made boys DA.  It's not personal.  Sexism, arrogance, lack of desperation that the men have? Sure maybe, but not personal. You said nothing here other than taking a poke at me. The circus must be town, because you're a clown for that

Now the reason it makes sense and can be a great thing is the one group who has a vested interest in developing players to compete long term at the international level is the USSF.  It is just a developmental league to create it's own future players. So as you'll explain below, this is a league for the so-called top 1% of players. I dont have an issue with that, but how would that be better in any way than a league with a proven stage to help with college soccer?

So the USSF adding the girls is a good thing anyway you look at it (besides the crazy I love ECNL way).  The only problem is PARENTS.  It is not, will not be, and never way created for the needs of every player.  It's not exclusive, not about your ego, not even about wins and losses.  It is about creating a certain player and if you do not want to be that player then you shouldn't be there.  I totally agree here, aside from the emotional way you feel about a girls soccer league (as you admit to below) (ECNL)

Now if you or have a vested interest in the ECNL I apologize because this could take a small dip into your money.  If not then I have difficulty understanding your pain.  The ECNL is just a league.  They don't know you, they don't love you, they don't give two $#its about you or your kid.  Now neither does the DA but the DA does at least have some skin in the game and some of their own money to back it up. You argue my case greatly. Again for the small percentage

Since we are asking questions, you tell me "how is having more opportunities to play a BAD thing"Sorry Bro, but I have no issue with additional Leagues.. Just asked you to explain yourself...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/04/16, 11:12 am

and yes as far as I know Defeeters is fine in ECNL and really the DA coming to girls only helps cement that. They won't girls girls DA and I don't think it would even be a good thing for their club. If everyone does it right and look at it from what is possible instead of fear or my side vs their side, the ECNL/DA/CL could be a great thing here in NTX
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/16, 11:18 am

go99 wrote:
and the US won the WC but were outplayed most of it regardless of the results and the USSF's job is not to sit back until they start losing but to improve before they are in shambles (just ask the mighty England men)

This!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/04/16, 11:23 am

soccersounder wrote:
go99 wrote:ECNL has done nothing but collect top teams for what amounts to college showcases.  So in that sense it has been a success in making recruiting for college coaches easier and lining adults pockets. So even your compliments are negative, lol

and the US won the WC but were outplayed most of it regardless of the results and the USSF's job is not to sit back until they start losing but to improve before they are in shambles (just ask the mighty England men)matter of opinion really, I wanted them to be challenged, but they really walked through fairly easy. No factor here. The US is leading the race and always has regardless of the current Youth League set up at the time. What? You think the soccer power countries around the world have suddenly decided, yes, women ARE equal?? lol You better turn on CSPAN or something or

You seem to be personally hurt by the fact that they didn't add girls when they made boys DA.  It's not personal.  Sexism, arrogance, lack of desperation that the men have? Sure maybe, but not personal. You said nothing here other than taking a poke at me. The circus must be town, because you're a clown for that

Now the reason it makes sense and can be a great thing is the one group who has a vested interest in developing players to compete long term at the international level is the USSF.  It is just a developmental league to create it's own future players. So as you'll explain below, this is a league for the so-called top 1% of players. I dont have an issue with that, but how would that be better in any way than a league with a proven stage to help with college soccer?

So the USSF adding the girls is a good thing anyway you look at it (besides the crazy I love ECNL way).  The only problem is PARENTS.  It is not, will not be, and never way created for the needs of every player.  It's not exclusive, not about your ego, not even about wins and losses.  It is about creating a certain player and if you do not want to be that player then you shouldn't be there.  I totally agree here, aside from the emotional way you feel about a girls soccer league (as you admit to below) (ECNL)

Now if you or have a vested interest in the ECNL I apologize because this could take a small dip into your money.  If not then I have difficulty understanding your pain.  The ECNL is just a league.  They don't know you, they don't love you, they don't give two $#its about you or your kid.  Now neither does the DA but the DA does at least have some skin in the game and some of their own money to back it up. You argue my case greatly. Again for the small percentage

Since we are asking questions, you tell me "how is having more opportunities to play a BAD thing"Sorry Bro, but I have no issue with additional Leagues.. Just asked you to explain yourself...

I will try to explain.
They walked thru easily but they were not the best PLAYING team in the tournament. Eventually you will start to lose and the point is to improve BEFORE you start to lose.

It wasn't a poke at YOU it was a poke at the DA. They are sexist etc not you. Read it again and for the record I am not a clown I am an Ahole.

It is better for that top group because it is focused on improving their craft not on winning games. The only problem becomes when the parents outside that top group come running in and it doesn't suit their needs. I don't see DA as the incoming TOP league. I see it as a DIFFERENT league.

I have no feeling at all about girls soccer. I neither like nor dislike ECNL. It is a valuable showcase for talent but a showcase not a development vehicle. It is certainly easier that trying to make all of the showcase tournaments.

And yes I agree it is for the small percentage and unfortunately just like the boys I fear that's not what will happen.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 22/04/16, 12:00 pm

go99 wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

I will try to explain.
They walked thru easily but they were not the best PLAYING team in the tournament.  Eventually you will start to lose and the point is to improve BEFORE you start to lose.

It wasn't a poke at YOU it was a poke at the DA.  They are sexist etc not you.  Read it again and for the record I am not a clown I am an Ahole.

It is better for that top group because it is focused on improving their craft not on winning games.  The only problem becomes when the parents outside that top group come running in and it doesn't suit their needs.  I don't see DA as the incoming TOP league.  I see it as a DIFFERENT league.

I have no feeling at all about girls soccer.  I neither like nor dislike ECNL.  It is a valuable showcase for talent but a showcase not a development vehicle.  It is certainly easier that trying to make all of the showcase tournaments.

And yes I agree it is for the small percentage and unfortunately just like the boys I fear that's not what will happen.

If TXSOCCER had a "Like" button... I would have hit it here
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3