North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? Empty ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/06/16, 02:01 pm

I saw this posted below on the 04 thread but the thread seems to be locked, so I couldn't reply.. Can anyone post a link where ECNL will/has start(ed) composite leagues. I have checked ECNL website and could not find it.. Seems to be more and more of a NTX ECNL clubs plot to consolidate top players.. If ECNL is pushing this, why no mention of it on their website. The masses have fled to ECNL clubs because of hear say without knowing facts.. If I'm wrong, my apologies..

Can_I_Kick_It wrote:
"So what will happens to the 2nd tier teams after U13 will they revert back to Classic League? If so, will they have to re-qualify or will they steal bye from another team within the club that earns a D1 bye? Do they stay secluded playing in a meaningless backup ECNL division within LH?"

BigErn wrote:
"They'll compete in the ECNL Composite league. Similar to top tier ECNL, they will participate in ECNL regional league + tournament play. You could look at it as an "ECNL D2"."

For those ECNL composite teams at FCD and Solar next year (17/18) ... The majority of the ladies playing on the composite squads will then serve as the top tier ECNL sides, while most of the participants on the first teams will make up/be competing for USSF DA spots. Suspect
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by FCT2016 02/06/16, 02:30 pm

Fact is they will get better coaching than at LP.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by TatonkaBurger 02/06/16, 02:51 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
For those ECNL composite teams at FCD and Solar next year (17/18) ... The majority of the ladies playing on the composite squads will then serve as the top tier ECNL sides, while most of the participants on the first teams will make up/be competing for USSF DA spots. Suspect

How many will be on the top roster for each of these teams?  16 to 20?  Each year of DA will consist of 2 combined age groups right?  So next year DA teams will consist of 04s and 03s.  And that means that of the 18 on the DA roster, 9 will come from the 04 top team and the other 9 will come from the 03 top team.  That means that 7 to 11 of the top team will move down to the ECNL roster pushing out 7 to 11 from the composite squad.  

I not real strong at math but I will make sure to tell my DD not to get too comfortable with her spot.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 02/06/16, 02:53 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

How many will be on the top roster for each of these teams?  16 to 20?  Each year of DA will consist of 2 combined age groups right?  So next year DA teams will consist of 04s and 03s.  And that means that of the 18 on the DA roster, 9 will come from the 04 top team and the other 9 will come from the 03 top team.  That means that 7 to 11 of the top team will move down to the ECNL roster pushing out 7 to 11 from the composite squad.  

I not real strong at math but I will make sure to tell my DD not to get too comfortable with her spot.

I would say to my DD "welcome to the real world where nothing is guaranteed and you have to fight for your achievements"!

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/06/16, 04:17 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

23 on DA roster.. 69 total players for three groups..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/06/16, 04:18 pm

FCT2016 wrote:Fact is they will get better coaching than at LP.

Yep, just like at the Texans.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm still waiting to hear what team your daughter plays for?? You just another azzwipe hiding behind a computer acting tough!!
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 02/06/16, 04:35 pm

No just reacting to your post which is obviously what you wanted. Yes that's right Texans where we are still seeing your Elite girls maybe you are just getting concerned and trying to stop the exodus by posting this stuff.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 02/06/16, 04:39 pm

It does reek of monopolizing the landscape and squeezing out those who were not fortunate enough to be allowed into ECNL years ago. In any other industry there would probably be anti-trust legal issues in play.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 02/06/16, 04:42 pm

Heck, even at the highest levels, the little guy can get a chance to perform in the top leagues, aka Leicester City this year.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 02/06/16, 04:54 pm

FCT2016 wrote:No just reacting to your post which is obviously what you wanted. Yes that's right Texans where we are still seeing your Elite girls maybe you are just getting concerned and trying to stop the exodus by posting this stuff.

No concerns.. I guess it will make you feel better they showing up right?? Might make your team better..  You want to come check us out? We have a few spot left..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico_Passe 02/06/16, 05:28 pm

Composite was talked about as being ECNL-sanctioned at one point but I think it was voted down, but still composite teams forming and supposedly attending same ECNL tournaments just not sanctioned by ECNL.

Someone confirm or correct me. Lots of talk out there. Folks need the answers.
Rico_Passe
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 02/06/16, 06:13 pm

Rico_Passe wrote:Composite was talked about as being ECNL-sanctioned at one point but I think it was voted down, but still composite teams forming and supposedly attending same ECNL tournaments just not sanctioned by ECNL.

Someone confirm or correct me. Lots of talk out there. Folks need the answers.

Hmmm... How can the leagues/teams be not sanctioned by ECNL but able to attend the same ECNL tournaments?

I've heard that a new TX region league will be formed by composite teams from (mostly) ECNL clubs. No promotions/relegations since ECNL clubs will always have a spot. What is not clear is who will run the league (to manage the schedule, locations/fields, rules). Definitely not ECNL. Could be LH. So, it will be a "composite" league, and not a "ECNL composite" league.

ECNL will probably sanction ECNL composite tournaments (one or two per year) but they will be at different times and different locations as the "real" ECNL showcase tournaments (there aren't many locations that could accommodate both ECNL and composite tournaments).

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 06:30 pm

SD69 wrote:It does reek of monopolizing the landscape and squeezing out those who were not fortunate enough to be allowed into ECNL years ago. In any other industry there would probably be anti-trust legal issues in play.

Spot on...the difference from the biz world is that there will be an abundance of parents lining up to pay more for this silliness...unlike the real world where b2b customers would sue for collusion. It is very anti competitive and I would put money on the fact that the product will not be better than lh d-1 was in the past. I actually think it will get worse with time.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/06/16, 07:04 pm

It's the NCAA College Football model...

The ECNL clubs are the Power 5 conferences.
LH is the NCAA.

It's as much about power and controlling the mindshare as it is about money.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 07:28 pm

KingBob wrote:It's the NCAA College Football model...

The ECNL clubs are the Power 5 conferences.
LH is the NCAA.

It's as much about power and controlling the mindshare as it is about money.

The difference is you're talking about pre puberty kids and the adults are paying for it. No scholly for an education. All they are looking for is the biggest kids "right now". They are in middle school.....skills and size will change. Personally don't care, just pointing out the obvious. These kids are too young for this craziness.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 07:32 pm

FYI-
ECNL is nonprofit. Just saying...

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 07:44 pm

adufresne wrote:FYI-

Lol.... You can pay directors or coaches whatever you want through a non profit. Really? As a prior poster mentioned...in the real world this stupidity wouldn't happen. Non of this is nonprofit. Amazed they have been able to keep that designation. Again...I really don't care, but are people that naive?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 08:11 pm

soccerjack wrote:

Lol.... You can pay directors or coaches whatever you want through a non profit. Really?  As  a prior poster mentioned...in the real world this stupidity wouldn't happen. Non of this is nonprofit.  Amazed they have been able to keep that designation. Again...I really don't care, but are people that naive?

Don't think it's naivety. Some people see the big picture and some people just buy the BS that they hear(or read) and some people are like you as you say....don't care. The ECNL composite league doesn't exist. There was 1 event last year that I'm aware of. If someone wants to hang around for 1-2 events....that's not ECNL's fault. Just saying.....

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 08:33 pm

Personally, I hope the composite leagues do come to fruition. As far as ECNL composite is concerned, it is just an avenue of exposure for players. The ECNL model works in that aspect. Is it the only avenue? No

The LH developmental leagues if handled correctly would be beneficial as well if handled correctly. As long as it is a friendly environment where rosters are open and players can just come out and play, I think it's a good thing. I hope the clubs don't need to a completely separate team in order have a slot(s) in that league. Of course the clubs are selling it that way. Players=revenue and looks better for their chance at DA.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 08:46 pm

adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

Lol.... You can pay directors or coaches whatever you want through a non profit. Really?  As  a prior poster mentioned...in the real world this stupidity wouldn't happen. Non of this is nonprofit.  Amazed they have been able to keep that designation. Again...I really don't care, but are people that naive?

Don't think it's naivety. Some people see the big picture and some people just buy the BS that they hear(or read) and some people are like you as you say....don't care. The ECNL composite league doesn't exist. There was 1 event last year that I'm aware of. If someone wants to hang around for 1-2 events....that's not ECNL's fault. Just saying.....

It is naivety...but I will rephrase my statement. There is no big picture that is seen at 11 or 12 years old by a parent. I do care because my kid plays in this...we are not looking for a scholarship or $12k a year to play in a women's league. We just want our dd involved in something she enjoys and can learn from. Too many parents buy into the stupidity being sold to them. Which means the clubs will keep coming up with more ways for you to part with your money. Pay for play is a for profit enterprise...which means the most gifted player may not be on the field. Again pretty obvious stuff.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 08:51 pm

soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

It is naivety...but I will rephrase my statement. There is no big picture that is seen at 11 or 12 years old by a parent. I do care because my kid plays in this...we are not looking for a scholarship or $12k a year to play in a women's league.  We just want our dd involved in something she enjoys and can learn from. Too many parents buy into the stupidity being sold to them. Which means the clubs will keep coming up with more ways for you to part with your money. Pay for play is a for profit enterprise...which means  the most gifted player may not be on the field.  Again pretty obvious stuff.

What are you even talking about? 11 and 12 yr olds don't even play ECNL. If you don't want your kid to play ECNL....don't sign her up. Pretty obvious stuff.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 09:06 pm

adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

It is naivety...but I will rephrase my statement. There is no big picture that is seen at 11 or 12 years old by a parent. I do care because my kid plays in this...we are not looking for a scholarship or $12k a year to play in a women's league.  We just want our dd involved in something she enjoys and can learn from. Too many parents buy into the stupidity being sold to them. Which means the clubs will keep coming up with more ways for you to part with your money. Pay for play is a for profit enterprise...which means  the most gifted player may not be on the field.  Again pretty obvious stuff.

What are you even talking about? 11 and 12 yr olds don't even play ECNL. If you don't want your kid to play ECNL....don't sign her up. Pretty obvious stuff.

This thread is talking about ecnl composite and yes 12 yr olds and younger are moving into ecnl silliness and yes you said ecnl is not for profit but the clubs that field the teams are for profit.  So what are you talking about?  13 yr old ecnl greatness?

Frankly if ecnl is so pure why do the d feeters have a slot and why do the 01 kicks beat or do well against "ecnl teams" in ntx.

Last edited by soccerjack on 02/06/16, 09:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 09:15 pm

soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

This thread is talking about ecnl composite and yes 12 yr olds and younger are moving into ecnl silliness and yes you said ecnl is not for profit but the clubs that field the teams are for profit.  So what are you talking about?  13 yr old ecnl greatness?

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play. That is hardly ever a bad thing. I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 09:24 pm

adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 09:45 pm

soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.

Ok....again, what's your point? Feet does have an ECNL spot despite your personal opinion. If you look at the history of the club, they do produce SOME of the BEST players. Not sure about 01s and Kicks? That has been addressed in a different thread.

You're wrong about the 03s. That I do know. We're looking for a couple of specific type players. Club affiliation makes no difference. If you want to hate on ECNL that's fine. If you want to hate on LH that's fine. If you want to hate on D'feeters, that's fine. At least have some facts(not opinion) to back up what you are saying. There's enough ignorance on here already.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next