North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

San Diego ECNL Nationals - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

San Diego ECNL Nationals

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

San Diego ECNL Nationals - Page 2 Empty Re: San Diego ECNL Nationals

Post by AtThePitch 02/07/16, 12:23 pm

4-3-3 wrote:I don't think there is all that big a gap. Two things I see:

1) NTX teams are lacking in sophistication compared to socal and some NE teams in the attacking third. Vast majority of NTX offensive production relies on speed or physical mismatches against less athletic defenders. 

2) NTX constantly sells itself and its parents on the idea that Texas ecnl conference is the toughest in the country. Believing such to be true, ntx doesnt step outside this bubble to get reality checks other than the few ecnl national events.  Socal and other areas do. This bubble allows ntx teams to put together rosters and lineups that can dominate texas ecnl conf standings year on year, but dont hold up as well facing the top level teams. 

The two are likely related...our teams are not forced to learn to defend sophisticated attacking combination play, and we're not forced to learn it because we dont need it to handle STX and OK.

Consider the fact that Sting 97s were the last team formed in usys era and prior to the full blown ecnl starting @u14....no ntx team since...starting with 98s on back, has won a national championship.  Pre-ecnl, ntx was a perennial player on national championship scene with at least one team per age group bringing a title back during their tenure in MOST years...91s...92s...93s...94s...95s...97s...from 2008 to 2011 3 of the 4 u16 national champions were NTX...but now we have complete shut out for NTX 98s on up?

How to fix? Probably starts with stopping this pretending that the TSC and Houston Rush of the world represent better competition than ntx had in the pre ecnl era, and challenging our top teams to seek out better comp and different styles of play. Consolidating talent at older ageds into 3 or 4 teams instead of 5 might help, but not sure that would matter if you rarely  face teams sending runners in from all sorts of angles and sharing the ball with precision in the attacking third...and defenses with great organization and just as much pace our fast fwds.

um, there is a certain u15 team that will now be giving a National title a shot for the 3rd straight year.... and on home soil this year... third times a charm!

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Homeboy 02/07/16, 12:49 pm

That USYS national championship for the 01s isnt a real national championship. Can't be as ECNL teams are not competing for it. Same can be said about ECNL National Championship.

DA will help fix the elite level of play because there are fewer roster spots to be taken. Each age group will have 27 spots. Currently each age group has about 90. So only the true special players will be playing.
Homeboy
Homeboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 02/07/16, 12:51 pm

You are right homeboy. It's worthless, no hard work required, zero competition. It's a rec path to a fake title...

I won't be feeding anymore trolls todsy...
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/16, 01:00 pm

AtThePitch wrote:You are right homeboy.  It's worthless, no hard work required, zero competition.  It's a rec path to a fake title...

I won't be feeding anymore trolls todsy...

I think he's just saying neither usys nor ecnl can claim status as THE national championship since they don't play each other. Having seen both, there can be no question the top of ecnl is a different level than the top of usys....not really much debate on that.

I'll still be pulling for Kicks as the last hope for NTX this year. If they pull it off, it will represent a great accomplishment. Home turf...id be surprised if they dont win it going away. Took them 3 tries to win a state cup and once they did they can't lose one and won 3 straight ....could definitely see same thing happening for nats since they will be the big fish in a small pond for the rest of the way. Could easily see them favored to win 2 or 3 usys titles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Homeboy 02/07/16, 03:32 pm

Sorry to offend ATP- wasn't my intention but what I said was true. Wish there could be a Natty that included every team in the country.
Homeboy
Homeboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 03/07/16, 02:09 pm

4-3-3 wrote:I don't think there is all that big a gap. Two things I see:

1) NTX teams are lacking in sophistication compared to socal and some NE teams in the attacking third. Vast majority of NTX offensive production relies on speed or physical mismatches against less athletic defenders. 

2) NTX constantly sells itself and its parents on the idea that Texas ecnl conference is the toughest in the country. Believing such to be true, ntx doesnt step outside this bubble to get reality checks other than the few ecnl national events.  Socal and other areas do. This bubble allows ntx teams to put together rosters and lineups that can dominate texas ecnl conf standings year on year, but dont hold up as well facing the top level teams. 

The two are likely related...our teams are not forced to learn to defend sophisticated attacking combination play, and we're not forced to learn it because we dont need it to handle STX and OK.

How to fix? Probably starts with stopping this pretending that the TSC and Houston Rush of the world represent better competition than ntx had in the pre ecnl era, and challenging our top teams to seek out better comp and different styles of play. Consolidating talent at older ageds into 3 or 4 teams instead of 5 might help, but not sure that would matter if you rarely  face teams sending runners in from all sorts of angles and sharing the ball with precision in the attacking third...and defenses with great organization and just as much pace our fast fwds.

Those are all monumental gaps that are clearly getting wider because the conference isn't changing and the showcase only approach isn't changing. The fact that not a single Texas team advanced to the final four at any age group speaks for itself.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 03/07/16, 02:20 pm

Homeboy wrote:That USYS national championship for the 01s isnt a real national championship. Can't be as ECNL teams are not competing for it. Same can be said about ECNL National Championship.

DA will help fix the elite level of play because there are fewer roster spots to be taken. Each age group will have 27 spots. Currently each age group has about 90. So only the true special players will be playing.

I'm not attempting to say DA will not end up being the "elite" league, but there will still be the same argument people have had with ECNL and LHGCL. There will be many that do not agree with the structure of DA and choose not to play it. I know my DD wants no part of it because you take High School out of the equation, pretty big deal to most girls. (I am not claiming my DD is elite or could make a squad). Time will tell but there will always be a non consensus group that always believes one way or the other...
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wannabe 03/07/16, 02:50 pm

4-3-3 wrote:I'll still be pulling for Kicks as the last hope for NTX this year.

I understand that this is an ECNL discussion but I wanted to remind everyone that there is a NTX team going for a "True National Championship" in U13.

Good luck Solar Chelsea Red 03G.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/16, 10:36 pm

Wannabe wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:I'll still be pulling for Kicks as the last hope for NTX this year.

I understand that this is an ECNL discussion but I wanted to remind everyone that there is a NTX team going for a "True National Championship" in U13.

Good luck Solar Chelsea Red 03G.

Apologies...didnt mean to leave out the young guns. 100% agree the usys u13G is the only true and open national championship left. Even that will be in jeopardy within the next few years. Get it while you can and  Good Luck solar! I'll definitely be coming out to watch some of the kicks games with the fam and hopefully will get to see solar represent as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 07/07/16, 04:50 pm

From the Guardian today. This is why I love Soccer, there really is no "right" way to play it.

The Stade Velodrome is awash with the Tricolour. It’s everywhere, floating on a sea of noise. The French players approach the fans and join in a communal Iceland viking chant. And, you know what, after that gutsy performance it doesn’t quite seem as cheesy as you might think.

“So far this season Leicester have shown us that possession counts for little, Portugal showed that a team with a superstar and 10 others can triumph over a well-drilled team familiar with each other over a long period, after Iceland had seemed to prove the opposite earlier on. And now France are disproving the line about the importance of game management having been virtually shut out of the game for the majority of this match. I’m so disillusioned, I don’t know what to think anymore. Is football the new Hollywood where nobody knows anything?” wonders David Wall, perhaps wandering around lost in a maze.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 07/07/16, 08:39 pm

newbiefornow wrote:From the Guardian today. This is why I love Soccer, there really is no "right" way to play it.

The Stade Velodrome is awash with the Tricolour. It’s everywhere, floating on a sea of noise. The French players approach the fans and join in a communal Iceland viking chant. And, you know what, after that gutsy performance it doesn’t quite seem as cheesy as you might think.

“So far this season Leicester have shown us that possession counts for little, Portugal showed that a team with a superstar and 10 others can triumph over a well-drilled team familiar with each other over a long period, after Iceland had seemed to prove the opposite earlier on. And now France are disproving the line about the importance of game management having been virtually shut out of the game for the majority of this match. I’m so disillusioned, I don’t know what to think anymore. Is football the new Hollywood where nobody knows anything?” wonders David Wall, perhaps wandering around lost in a maze.

Think we are seeing the end of a generation and the start of the changing of the guard or generational change for a number of historically strong teams(Spain, Italy, Germany, Brazil)

The one constant is England has no plan, no style of play (unless unforced turnovers is a style) and still sux at the game they invented.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2