North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Value proposition JDL? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Value proposition JDL?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Value proposition JDL? Empty Value proposition JDL?

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 11:20 am

We went to several D1 camps and the coaches at this age group said JDL at this age was not recommended. Has anyone had that same advice from colllege coaches. From what I gather they aren't focusing their recruiting budgets for this league and trying to figure out now about DA in the long term scheme.

With so many leagues now and watered down teams. This really has changed budget costs and the value proposition for recruiting.
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Value proposition JDL? Empty Re: Value proposition JDL?

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 11:28 am

I dont think any D1 schools were going to come see a bunch of U Littles play. U13 and under, no. Would someone come see a player that they needed to have their radar on in a coule years? Perhaps.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 11:32 am

I can tell the coaches are perplexed ECNL made it comfortable for them and all the politics in play was figured out. They might actually have to go back to the grass roots and have to do a little work and pay for their .meals.out of their own budgets and miss their siestas.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 11:56 am

KC most coaches aren't good salespeople it was like the visual of a deer in the head lights conversation.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/09/17, 12:07 pm

Medicine Man wrote:KC most coaches aren't good salespeople it was like the visual of a deer in the head lights conversation.

If I was a college coach and you asked me about a league for 10-12 year old kids, I'd look at you like a deer in the headlights as well...

Don't think the problem is with the D1 College Coaches here...

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 29/09/17, 12:12 pm

Ya think?
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 12:20 pm

I can tell no one on here has credible answers for this age group. The 12 years old play In the 07 forum.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 12:31 pm

Medicine Man wrote:KC most coaches aren't good salespeople it was like the visual of a deer in the head lights conversation.
I bet most coaches are very good salespeople. Or they would not have any teams. Some cant sell for crap but can coach like no other.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 12:46 pm

That's funny KC you are a natural jokester. The question most parents at the camps was where to put our kids that are 12 going into to Jr. High to get the most bang for their time. JDL was not recommended seem to be the majority response for my DD. It was a discussion to get minutes for development not about what team you are on. I thik k you miss xerstood the original thought I was discussing.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/09/17, 12:52 pm

Medicine Man wrote:I can tell no one on here has credible answers for this age group.  The 12 years old play In the 07 forum.

Since when? '07's are U11... meaning 11 and under. '05's are U13, meaning 13 and under. Since JDL is from '05's-'07's, that means you are primarily talking about a league for 10-12 year olds.

For the '05's, JDL is at best, the 3rd best league in NTX (behind DA & ECNL). The only 7th graders that a D1 College Coach is paying any attention to are playing in DA or ECNL, not JDL... THAT'S why you get a deer in the headlights look when you ask a D1 College Coach about JDL...

Again, the problem isn't with the college coaches here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 12:58 pm

What is the problem why they are perplexed BW.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 29/09/17, 01:03 pm

That is because JDL is a Junior Development League. Its for development... ECNL and DA are competitive leagues. Naturally coaches are going to competitive leagues to watch kids play. Why would a coach go to a JDL match when coaches are using it coach a kid thru changes they are making?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 01:11 pm

You keep missing the point here guys...if i thought coaches were coming to any games at this age would be foolish. It was a developmsnt question. The deer in the headlights was just insight for today.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/09/17, 01:11 pm

ok, I will keep it simple for you.

07 means . . . born in 2007

this year is 2017

so . . . kids born in 2007 are turning 10 in 2017

kids born in 2005 are turning 12 in 2017

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 01:14 pm

Why the deer in the headlights related to JDL for 12 year olds I still don't have the answer from anyone so far any takers?

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 29/09/17, 01:20 pm

My guess is the D1 coaches didn't know what JDL is/was.. It's only in the 2nd year of implementation and last year the inaugural year with a ton of misconception of what it was/was suppose to be in the local ranks. i would be really surprised if a D1 college coach knew JDL was even a thing last year considering it was brought about by ECNL member clubs. I am not even aware that it was implemented nationwide last year.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 29/09/17, 01:43 pm

I would take a chill pill! You have a long road ahead of you.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/09/17, 01:57 pm

Medicine Man wrote:What is the problem why they are perplexed BW.

Because they know nothing about leagues that 7th graders play in, because they are not actively recruiting 7th graders.

If there's a 7th grader on their radar screen, it's because the kid came to their camp and absolutely blew their doors off, OR it's because the kid is so damn special that she is already drawing attention on the national scene (see Mallory Pugh, or for a more local example, the 2 Solar '03's that committed to Texas as 8th graders).

The only acronyms that D1 Coaches know are YNT, DA, ECNL, NL, PL, ODP, and LH (and arguments can be made as to whether ODP and LH will even be on their radar screen much longer). That's because those are the acronyms that 90+% of their recruits have next to their names by the time they are Freshman in HS.

If you throw an acronym outside of that group at a college coach, you're going to get a blank stare, because they have no clue about what you are asking about, and have no motivation to figure out what you are asking about.

Here's a suggestion... go to the team websites for the D1 teams who's Coaches you have spoken with... Go to the roster, and read the player bios. Most have a section that talks about their accomplishments in Club/HS soccer before they got to college. I guarantee you that after reading 10 or so bios on each team, you will start to see some common acronyms and some common accolades in the players on the roster. That will give you some good general insight in 2 key areas:

1) What's important to that particular coach
2) What level does your DD need to be playing at to make the roster AND to actually seeing meaningful minutes on the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 02:22 pm

BW you get the gold star for effort. JDL was discouraged by the coaches. That's all I need to hear.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 02:53 pm

Medicine Man wrote:That's funny KC you are a natural jokester. The question most parents at the camps was where to put our kids that are 12 going into to Jr. High to get the most bang for their time. JDL was not recommended seem to be the majority response for my DD. It was a  discussion to get minutes for development not about what team you are on. I thik k you miss xerstood the original thought I was discussing.
Well it is the million dollar question is right. The answer is there is no right or wrong answer. Whatever I say to you will be wrong for 10 others. Because it just isnt that simple. I am not a JDL hater, but why do I not prescribe to its philosophy? Simple, it was anther salesperson tactic to get you to believe exactly what they wanted you to. People believed it. They are not wrong, just I thought something else was better. Basicallly it wasnt the best league to be in just because they said it was. it wasnt then and its not now.
So in my opinion you put your DD where they can get max time and progress the fastest to most playing time and best competition for their talent level. Where you start is up to you and your DD.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 29/09/17, 05:51 pm

KC now that's some truth. I think all the hype means nothing at this point and the college coaches reiterated that.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/09/17, 11:28 am

Bump

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 30/09/17, 01:26 pm

Are you certain college coaches even know what JDL is?

Seems like the recommendation would be one that emphasizes play time for your daughter as opposed to a specific league.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/09/17, 01:34 pm

They been getting those free lunches and perks for awhile now...I would not be surprised to see the FBI looking at the soccer arena as well for kickbacks and illegal recruiting...It's big buisness....

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/09/17, 01:49 pm

Everyone has a price how much would you take Colt if you were in the coaches shoes?

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum