North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse! Empty HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse!

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 08:16 am

Just saw the news looks like a HS coach is in hot water. He's teaching his young ladies about leadership and adult qualities.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse! Empty Re: HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse!

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 08:57 am

Stay classy Rockwall!
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse! Empty Re: HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse!

Post by Hang1053 02/02/18, 09:34 am

Team bonding gone wrong.
Not sure flipping the bird deserves suspension.
They were probably getting pumped up for a rivalry game or something.
Feel bad for the person who circulated the picture.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/heath-girls-soccer-coach-obscene-photo

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 09:45 am

It's a poor representation for the school. Life lessons can be learned from their poor decision. I'm sure the AD is very embarrassed for the district.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/02/18, 09:54 am

Hang1053 wrote:Not sure flipping the bird deserves suspension.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/heath-girls-soccer-coach-obscene-photo

Yeah, you're right.  Let's just keep coddling them and teaching them that they never have to be responsible for their actions.   Rolling Eyes

Suspension is exactly the correct punishment for this.

Detention? Give me a break.
Expulsion? Too harsh. Didn't happen here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 02/02/18, 10:12 am

OH yeah lets damage a HS players school record which could ruin their chance at any College opportunities for flipping the bird.

They made a mistake but C'Mon.

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 10:21 am

Sure lets just say its ok and give them a trophy.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 10:28 am

I've always said I'm glad digital cameras didn't exist when I was in high school and college. And smart phones take that to a whole new level. I also cannot find a story that explains where this photo was published? Did a kid or parent post to social media? How did it get out?

Either way, I agree with general sentiment that this is embarrassing and doesn't reflect well on the kids, school or coach. And, yes, the coach should definitely know better. He's acting like a kid himself. However, I think they've received ample punishment through embarrassment. It's both a local and national news story! Let them say they're sorry, they learned their lesson, won't do it again, and play on.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 10:42 am

I bet there won't be any party pics this season being taken.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/02/18, 10:44 am

Hang1053 wrote:OH yeah lets damage a HS players school record which could ruin their chance at any College opportunities for flipping the bird.

They made a mistake but C'Mon.

How about we let them explain to a college or a college coach why they got suspended, how stupid it was, and what lesson they learned from it? They'll be a lot better young adults for having to do that. Heck, if they wrote their essay on their college applications about the experience and how they learned from it, you could argue that it would grab the attention of the admission officers more than the run-of-the-mill mush most kids write, and help them stand out in a pool of applicants in a good way.

But now that I think of it, you're right, let's just keep coddling away and sweeping their mistakes under the rug. That will help them in the long run.

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 10:55 am

I'll tell you this, my high school coach would have whipped my team's arse for this kind of thing. We would have been running wind sprints after practice until each player vomited every day for at least a week. Some of my teammates suffered this consequence if they wanted to stay on the team after getting into trouble. When I saw that as a freshman, the rules of engagement were very clear. It is a learning moment for those girls and I'm certain they will be better for it.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 11:00 am

It didn't look like the coach was too concerned in the photo.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 11:10 am

Agreed. He's representing himself as an idiot teenage kid pretending to be an adult. With some more maturity on his part, he could have shut that photo down. However, he celebrated it and now they're all dealing with the consequences. Luckily for all of them, it's just something done in poor taste and not worse. The coach is the one who should bear most the responsibility for this. And, perhaps whoever took the photo if it was an adult.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 02/02/18, 11:58 am

The coach had photobombed the picture. He had no idea the girls were flipping the bird. Once he found out, he had them delete the picture. However, one of the players had already posted it, and social media ran with it.
Put away the toarches.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 12:43 pm

That photo is in no way a "photobomb". He is well established in his place, basking in the glory of his team's euphoric middle-finger salute. Look at it again. The girl directly next to him on his right on the back row has her finger proudly raised at a level impossible for him not to notice. Ok, if he's blind, then I can understand him not knowing. Someone should alert the media, because that detail has been left out of the news stories written thus far.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 02/02/18, 12:52 pm

ProDallas wrote:That photo is in no way a "photobomb". He is well established in his place, basking in the glory of his team's euphoric middle-finger salute. Look at it again. The girl directly next to him on his right on the back row has her finger proudly raised at a level impossible for him not to notice. Ok, if he's blind, then I can understand him not knowing. Someone should alert the media, because that detail has been left out of the news stories written thus far.
Believe what you want.  Doesn't matter to me either way.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 12:56 pm

He's proud of himself in the photo. He's made national news.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 12:58 pm

It's an insult to any reasonable person's intelligence to try and convince people he didn't know what was going on until it was too late and the photo was posted on social media.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 02/02/18, 02:12 pm

He is the sign language teacher at the school.
It is obvious this was just an extra credit assignment.

I thought it was funny.
It's just the bird.... lighten up, Francis.

Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 02/02/18, 02:30 pm

What does that mean in sign language coach? Your the expert.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 02/02/18, 03:09 pm

Coach wrote:He is the sign language teacher at the school.
It is obvious this was just an extra credit assignment.

I thought it was funny.
It's just the bird.... lighten up, Francis.

Believe me, I'm not offended by it. Nobody would have ever known about it when we were growing up. However, I'm not going to pretend to believe the coach didn't know what was going on. That's a joke. And, it is a big deal for the school administrators whose school system is being embarrassed on a national stage. Seems the Rockwall community also doesn't appreciate how it reflects on them, either.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse! Empty Total Reflection of Soccer Program

Post by soccerfam7 07/02/18, 09:24 am

This has been a long time coming. The RHHS Soccer Program has been completely ignored by Rockwall Administration. This coach has pretty much been able to what he wants for a long time despite numerous complaints.
Hopefully they will do a little more investigating into his program and look into why so many players quit. There is tons of talent at that school and many refuse to play for him.  Soccer is the step child sport of RISD. Maybe they will start paying more attention and give soccer some qualified coaches and a program it deserves at RHHS.
Also, the news left off the lovely text attached to the photo directed at another player. It was under a kick account by a NTSSA player. Here is the tweet word for word minus obscene word and players #.
"smack__that_ How we feel about the Tyer lee $itch who i called white trash <(gave her #)gotta love her!!!! Also never forget when she tweeted she was gonna kick me in the mouth too #sohappy to see her #muchlove #tuesdaywereadyyyy[/b][/b]
Just curious, do their clubs or NTSSA care that these kind of girls represent them?  There are plenty of young ladies who do not behave this way. This was only a part of the group. They only received a 1 game suspension while a team across town received a 5 game suspension for a "vaping incident" on the bus.

soccerfam7
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

HS Soccer coach out East in the doghouse! Empty two thoughts

Post by Multivitamin 16/02/18, 04:33 pm

Two things

1) Would the district have said anything if all of the girls and coach were showing the symbol for the "Shocker"???

2) What would the school district have done if they pulled the Richard Prior using the finger next to the pinky???
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 16/02/18, 05:58 pm

What if they caught the team and coach driving to the game mooning the opposition that would have been a better pic. Shocked

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 18/02/18, 10:48 am

Yeah, but have any of your kids actually played against Tyler Lee?
Just sayin.
Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next