North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Ken Smith Semifinals (‘02 Boys) Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Ken Smith Semifinals (‘02 Boys)

Go down

Ken Smith Semifinals (‘02 Boys) Empty Ken Smith Semifinals (‘02 Boys)

Post by GeauxBigBlue 27/05/18, 08:28 pm

The Real GP vs Solar Castro game.
How is the final score 3-0, when GP scored when I passed by?
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Ken Smith Semifinals (‘02 Boys) Empty Re: Ken Smith Semifinals (‘02 Boys)

Post by donovansucks 28/05/18, 09:39 am

Apparently they used an illegal player. Lots of red cards in the Sawyer/Real game. I believe one of the red card/suspended players played in Real’s third game so they forfeited the result against Sawyer and Celtic. This is a third person account of what happened, so take it for what it’s worth.
donovansucks
donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 28/05/18, 09:11 pm

I guess the Real coach wasn’t aware of the card....?
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 28/05/18, 10:37 pm

in case of a forfeit, all games the team played will be recorded as forfeits, all 3 - 0 scores.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 28/05/18, 11:02 pm

Okay.
That, I wasn’t aware of.
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 29/05/18, 06:26 am

If a legally-rostered player receives a red card in a game, but does not sit out the next game, tournaments do not go back and score all games 0-3 as punishment.

If all games are 0-3, that sounds an illegal player got caught... either not on roster, too old, bad guest player paperwork, playing on two teams in same tournament, etc.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 29/05/18, 07:11 am

Thanks for the information.

Congratulations to FC Dallas Premier on their Ken Smith U-16 Victory.
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by musaisaya 29/05/18, 04:16 pm

coachdom23 wrote:If a legally-rostered player receives a red card in a game, but does not sit out the next game, tournaments do not go back and score all games 0-3 as punishment.

If all games are 0-3, that sounds an illegal player got caught... either not on roster, too old, bad guest player paperwork, playing on two teams in same tournament, etc.

This was not an illegal player from the standpoint of having received red card the previous game.

The tournament scored 0-3 on all games that Real GP (culprit) played including the ones where there were no illegalities.  That gave Solar Sawyer a 3-0 win when they had actually lost 0-1.  That then changed the standings of that bracket as the last games were being played.  That meant teams started games thinking they needed a specific result only to find out in the middle of it that circumstances had changed.

A fair thing to do would have been to take away points from Real GP for playing a red carded player in that one game and leave the results of the other games that were played without any infringement intact.  They also need to punish the coach that played the illegal player.  What is the point of punishing a team and not the coach.  What is to stop them from doing it again.

musaisaya
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 29/05/18, 09:51 pm

coachdom23 wrote:If a legally-rostered player receives a red card in a game, but does not sit out the next game, tournaments do not go back and score all games 0-3 as punishment.

this one does:

excerpt from "2018 Ken Smith Memorial Day Tournament Rules of the Competition"

FORFEITS:
FORFEITS WILL BE SCORED AS A 3-0 WIN (10 POINTS), FOR DETERMINING POINTS FOR
ADVANCEMENT. IN THE CASE OF A FORFEIT, ALL GAMES FOR THE FORFEITING TEAM WILL BE
COUNTED AS “FORFEIT GAMES”
INCLUDING ANY GAMES PLAYED IN THE ROUND OF PLAY. A
TEAM THAT KNOWINGLY PLAYS AN UNREGISTERED, INELIGIBLE, OR SUSPENEDED PLAYER SHALL
FORFEIT ALL OF THEIR GAMES.

if the league rules a game a forfeit, all the games for that team become forfeits.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 30/05/18, 07:28 am

I wonder if Real GP will be banned from next year’s tournament.
At least ban the coach.
I’m not sure if this affected the brackets, though.
But I like this tournament’s rule on cheating.
There’s no way that the Real coach didn’t know that this player was ineligible.
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by musaisaya 30/05/18, 04:26 pm

The problem with the rule is that there were no consequences to the team or the coach. The team had no chance of moving to the next round anyway and were playing their last game and coach was not punished. Why would that coach not do it again under the same circumstances.

I also do not think it makes sense to change the results of games that were played without problems. My suggestion is to suspend the coach beyond that one game and even future tournament(s), have the team forfeit the game they played with an illegal player and ban them from advancing to the next round of the tournament. I think the coach is the main culprit in this case and deserves the toughest punishment. That way you do not affect the bracket beyond that one game that the infringement occurred and you still punish the team and the coach.

musaisaya
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iniesta8 04/06/18, 09:25 am

Anyone see the other semifinal?  Dallas Kicks with their regular roster was beating FCD Premier 2-1 at halftime even after a Kick's player picked up a 2nd yellow in the 10th minute(one of which was for wearing a gold chain, bogus!).  FCD had trouble scoring even after some well practiced dives gave them 2 penalty kicks.  The Kick's keeper blocked both shots.  FCD finally tied it up in regulation.  The game went to double overtime.  Playing with 10 boys became too much and FCD put in a goal in the 1st overtime that deflated the Kick's boys chances with little energy left to keep it going.  Hats off and much respect to Dallas Kicks for taking on one of the great teams in 02 and almost beating them.  FCD played a great game, but I would have liked to have seen the referee not get involved to make it a fair game.  His own AR had to convince him to change a decision on goal by FCD after the forward plowed into the keeper without going for the ball, got up and kicked the ball in.  How many times do you see an AR change the center ref's decision? Kicks played a great tournament beating Odyssey in group play and drawing Liverpool's ECNL team.

Last edited by Iniesta8 on 04/06/18, 09:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding to post)

Iniesta8
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 04/06/18, 12:09 pm

Iniesta8 wrote:Anyone see the other semifinal?  Dallas Kicks with their regular roster was beating FCD Premier 2-1 at halftime even after a Kick's player picked up a 2nd yellow in the 10th minute(one of which was for wearing a gold chain, bogus!).  FCD had trouble scoring even after some well practiced dives gave them 2 penalty kicks.  The Kick's keeper blocked both shots.  FCD finally tied it up in regulation.  The game went to double overtime.  Playing with 10 boys became too much and FCD put in a goal in the 1st overtime that deflated the Kick's boys chances with little energy left to keep it going.  Hats off and much respect to Dallas Kicks for taking on one of the great teams in 02 and almost beating them.  FCD played a great game, but I would have liked to have seen the referee not get involved to make it a fair game.  His own AR had to convince him to change a decision on goal by FCD after the forward plowed into the keeper without going for the ball, got up and kicked the ball in.  How many times do you see an AR change the center ref's decision? Kicks played a great tournament beating Odyssey in group play and drawing Liverpool's ECNL team.

Wow!
That sounded like one hell of a game!
Sad that the referee made bad calls, but that was the norm for this tournament.
The Kicks are a very good team.
But I'm curious as to why you started this with "Dallas Kicks with their regular roster".
What's up with that?
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iniesta8 04/06/18, 12:43 pm

Some teams, not all, brought their DA or ECNL players to play this tournament. When you see a kid with a jersey number of 118 or some mismatched jersey, I would have to guess he didn't pick that number or wasn't on the regular roster.

Iniesta8
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 04/06/18, 01:55 pm

Iniesta8 wrote:Some teams, not all, brought their DA or ECNL players to play this tournament. When you see a kid with a jersey number of 118 or some mismatched jersey, I would have to guess he didn't pick that number or wasn't on the regular roster.  

Ken Smith allowed for Guest Players.
What FCD did was not illegal.
The coach probably had these high numered jerseys to signify which players are Guest Players.
Bad break for the Kicks, though.
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Iniesta8 04/06/18, 02:27 pm

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to imply that anything was done improperly or illegally like the above conversation about the other semifinal. But there's something to be said when teams use their regular roster rather than bring in kids from higher divisions to battle it out with teams that don't. I personally think State Cup shouldn't allow any guest players, period. It's supposed to measure who has the best team, not collection of the best players you can find. That's just my personal opinion and I know nothing will change on that front. Maybe the 2 Dallas Cup qualifiers shouldn't have guest players either, but I'm sure foreign teams in the Dallas Cup probably do, so all things being fair... I guess there's no choice.

Iniesta8
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 04/06/18, 03:08 pm

GeauxBigBlue wrote:
The coach probably had these high numered jerseys to signify which players are Guest Players.

you are overthinking this... since players on the tournament roster must have unique numbers, in a pinch, you take an existing jersey and prepend a "1" for $1. problem solved.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 04/06/18, 03:39 pm

upper95 wrote:
GeauxBigBlue wrote:

you are overthinking this... since players on the tournament roster must have unique numbers, in a pinch, you take an existing jersey and prepend a "1" for $1.  problem solved.

No, not overthinking.
Just giving my personal opinion.
I don't know the coach or team.
Please go have a confrontational online argument with someone else.
Have a pleasant evening.
GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeauxBigBlue 04/06/18, 03:46 pm

Iniesta8 wrote:Don't get me wrong.  I wasn't trying to imply that anything was done improperly or illegally like the above conversation about the other semifinal.  But there's something to be said when teams use their regular roster rather than bring in kids from higher divisions to battle it out with teams that don't.  I personally think State Cup shouldn't allow any guest players, period.  It's supposed to measure who has the best team, not collection of the best players you can find.  That's just my personal opinion and I know nothing will change on that front.  Maybe the 2 Dallas Cup qualifiers shouldn't have guest players either, but I'm sure foreign teams in the Dallas Cup probably do, so all things being fair... I guess there's no choice.  

@Iniesta8, I agree with you on the no guest players for a Cup Qualifier.
If you qualify for the Cup, then add one or 2 to the roster for the Cup.
I know that other teams do this. Most foreign teams probably have to, due to Passport or Visa issues.
Good luck in the next 2 qualifying tournaments.
The Kicks got it going on.

GeauxBigBlue
GeauxBigBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum