North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys? Empty is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?

Post by ko242 14/10/18, 08:39 pm

I am wanting to learn about soccer in youth soccer for girls and i would like to know if high school soccer for girls is a terrible environment for producing players and is more of a social thing than getting good competition to prepare for the next level

ko242
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys? Empty Re: is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?

Post by Lefty 15/10/18, 09:26 am

ko242 wrote:I am wanting to learn about soccer in youth soccer for girls and i would like to know if high school soccer for girls is a terrible environment for producing players (Yes) and is more of a social thing than getting good competition to prepare for the next level (Yes)

Most only participate because they want to play with friends and for school pride, not because it will help in getting to the next level.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys? Empty Re: is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?

Post by BENDMEOVER 17/10/18, 12:45 pm

The greatest show on turf. May be the only venue in town. These weather guys are giving us hope that things will start drying out. Cost synergies for recruiting budgets.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 17/10/18, 03:29 pm

Lets be honest...NOT all high school soccer is bad!
I think it is a very well perpetrated myth. Dont get we wrong club soccer is great but it is a business! Depending
on the school a lot  of the programs are very good...
Yes we do pay thru our taxes but in my humble opinion it does have its place in some schools!

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 17/10/18, 03:49 pm

soccer 2014 wrote:Lets be honest...NOT all high school soccer is bad!
I think it is a very well perpetrated myth. Dont get we wrong club soccer is great but it is a business! Depending
on the school a lot  of the programs are very good...
Yes we do pay thru our taxes but in my humble opinion it does have its place in some schools!

Care to name any of the ones that are good in your opinion?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 17/10/18, 04:09 pm

Lefty what club pays your rent?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 17/10/18, 04:31 pm

Lefty

I am sorry your kid could not make Varsity Soccer!
Narrow minded people like you is why this board is
almost dead...Have you heard extra touches are almost always good> Please go stick your head back in your sandbox and dont forget your koolaid juice box
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/10/18, 10:13 am

SoccerSuckers wrote:Lefty what club pays your rent?

If you had read any of my posts you would know it is clearly - none.

That is unless you count club scholarships at different points in time then it would be several.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/10/18, 10:19 am

soccer 2014 wrote:Lefty

I am sorry your kid could not make Varsity Soccer!
Narrow minded people like you is why this board is
almost dead...Have you heard extra touches are almost always good> Please go stick your head back in your sandbox and dont forget your koolaid juice box
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks you for the sympathy.

How did you know that one of them did not make varsity as a freshman?

It is ok, as all of them started on State Championship teams eventually.

Now that those clarifying points are behind us,  I still stand by my previous statements and am still waiting on your thoughts on the VERY GOOD HS programs?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 18/10/18, 11:44 am

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 18/10/18, 01:50 pm

Highland Park
Wakeland
Allen
Coppell
Flower Mound
Centennial

are all good H.S. programs

there are many more that play good soccer.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/10/18, 03:35 pm

Seven wrote:Highland Park
Wakeland
Allen
Coppell
Flower Mound
Centennial

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 19/10/18, 01:12 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Wakeland
Allen
Coppell
Flower Mound
Centennial

Tick... Tick... Tick...

You are such a pathetic troll.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/18, 06:13 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Wakeland
Allen
Coppell
Flower Mound
Centennial

Tick... Tick... Tick...

scratch  because I posted the sound of a time bomb ticking down as I was expecting this thread to blow up with angry responses from all of the Southlake, Ursuline, Marcus, McBoyd, Hebron, Keller, etc. parents who felt slighted by being omitted from Seven’s list???

Um, ok.  And to think I crawled out from under my bridge to read this. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 23/10/18, 04:13 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Wakeland
Allen
Coppell
Flower Mound
Centennial

Tick... Tick... Tick...

scratch  because I posted the sound of a time bomb ticking down as I was expecting this thread to blow up with angry responses from all of the Southlake, Ursuline, Marcus, McBoyd, Hebron, Keller, etc. parents who felt slighted by being omitted from Seven’s list???

Um, ok.  And to think I crawled out from under my bridge to read this. Mad

Prosper's program has been fun to watch the last couple of years.  They made it to the region the last 2 years and had the talent to go to State but things didn't work out.  To the original question, it all depends on what the player wants to get out of it.  My DD is historically an offensive minded player.  But her freshman year she played center back on the HS team and learned to play it very well.  That wound up helping her club team as it provided additional benefits.  If a player improves by being around great players and playing against strong competition, HS can offer that option.  If nothing else, it is for pride, school spirit and bus trips and a chance for Dads to get involved.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreadpirateroberts 14/12/18, 09:42 am

HS soccer offers many things club doesn't.  I think if your sole goal is to make it to college, well it may not be that helpful there as far as getting your DD in front of scouts.  But I bet a state championship wouldn't look bad either on her CV.  But its not about that.  Lest we forget why our kids play?  For the love of the game- camaraderie, and just having fun.  In so many ways it surpasses club in these areas.  Maybe not development, but its not all about that.

Its fun!  they play with their friends and get to participate with the school behind them.  The level of play isn't that important.
dreadpirateroberts
dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/19, 10:39 pm

The top 2 or 3 are pretty good in our district. Those teams have starting lineups that are D1, ECNL and a couple of DA girls. I’d say go watch some games and let your player decide if it’s something she’s interested in. My personal opinion is, once the team gets to the playoffs, I’ve never seen ANY game that means more to the players than those games.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 24/01/19, 06:45 am

When I see negativity and judgement I think to myself they are either ignorant or they juat dont have a clue.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 03/02/19, 02:28 pm

That seems pretty negative and judgemental

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack 06/02/19, 09:31 am

The Frisco district plays some pretty solid soccer...top-5 teams (Wakeland, Independence, Centennial, Liberty, and Memorial) are all comprised of high-level club players (ECNL, FDL, LHD1), and wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 of those teams go deep into the 5A playoffs.

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/02/19, 01:01 pm

Them Frisco schools are cra cra...like a bunch of inbred cousins fightin and carrying on. Who knows if they any good they only play each other.

And wakeland parents...coo coo kachoo!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack 06/02/19, 03:49 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Them Frisco schools are cra cra...like a bunch of inbred cousins fightin and carrying on. Who knows if they any good they only play each other.

And wakeland parents...coo coo kachoo!

Indeed...especially the Wakeland parents, LOL! That district has produced the 5A State Champ 2 of the last 3 years, and should be contenders again...thats how you know!

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shoesnsocks 09/02/19, 08:18 am

Would any of the top 10 schools be able to beat a clubs top teams?

shoesnsocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/19, 09:57 am

shoesnsocks wrote:Would any of the top 10 schools be able to beat a clubs top teams?

If you are talking about the DA/ECNL clubs (Feet, FCD, Solar, Sting, Texans), that's a big NO.
If you are talking about other clubs, then possibly.

The best 5-10 6A/5A HS's in DFW are running out starting lineups with a mix of ECNL, ECRL/FDL/Composite, & LH D1 players. They would fare well at the LH D1, and probably at the ECRL/FDL/Composite level. However, they'd get beaten pretty soundly by the DFW DA/ECNL teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer 2014 24/04/19, 12:28 pm

Delta you are such a troll the answer is Yes!!!
Go play on the highway my guess you are a big fat pig!

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum