North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Real Colorado leaving Girls DA - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Real Colorado leaving Girls DA

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Real Colorado leaving Girls DA - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Colorado leaving Girls DA

Post by Truthiness 10/04/20, 12:27 am

Some chatter that there could be announcement next week that DA (both boys and girls) is being disbanded next year.
Could be yet nonsense as I struggle to see exactly how that could true, but the rumor is out there and, if true, that's a genuine bombshell.

Link :
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1248426339339620353

Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Real Colorado leaving Girls DA - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Colorado leaving Girls DA

Post by cenTex 10/04/20, 01:06 pm

Looks like the DOC for Real Colorado wins the 2020 Spring soccer season. Got the 2 team deal right before DA collapsed. Now the remaining superstar DA only clubs (Tophat, Surf, FC Dallas, etc.) don't have any leverage. I assume ECNL will want them, but unlikely they get the two team package.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 10/04/20, 01:49 pm

Time to implement the new girl's TX/OK league...

Oklahoma pod - 1. TSC 2. Energy 3. Celtic
Houston pod - 1. Albion 2. Dash. 3. Challenge
Central pod - 1. Lonestar 2. Classics Elite 3. Sting Austin
Dallas pod - 1. FCD 2. DFeeters 3. Sting Dallas
NTX pod - 1. Solar A 2. Texans 3. Solar B

15 teams.  28 games as each pod plays the other one across three weekends (2 home and 1 away then flip the following year to 2 away and 1 home) and then plays two weekends against the teams in their own pod.  Play 2 games per weekend across 14 weekends (maybe 9-10 weekends in the fall and 4-5 in the spring).  So for Dallas teams that is only 4 or 5 total road per year trips plus showcases and tourneys.  For non-Dallas teams it's 6 road trips per year plus showcases and tourneys.  

Clubs win.  Players win.  Families win.  Tell me I'm wrong.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 10/04/20, 03:10 pm

Do you really think the Dallas clubs are going to let Solar have two teams and them only one each.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 10/04/20, 03:24 pm

timmyh wrote:Time to implement the new girl's TX/OK league...

15 teams.  28 games as each pod plays the other one across three weekends (2 home and 1 away then flip the following year to 2 away and 1 home) and then plays two weekends against the teams in their own pod.  Play 2 games per weekend across 14 weekends (maybe 9-10 weekends in the fall and 4-5 in the spring).  So for Dallas teams that is only 4 or 5 total road per year trips plus showcases and tourneys.  For non-Dallas teams it's 6 road trips per year plus showcases and tourneys.  

Boot Oklahoma to go play in a league with the Colorado teams and I'm sold. Even better would be also booting both of the B teams (Sting Austin and Solar B) and one of the Houston teams.  9 Texas clubs.  24 league games (two home/one away then switch the next year).

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 10/04/20, 04:24 pm

Why would Solar get 2 teams, when there is no leverage to get it?  Doesnt make sense.  2 teams is about leverage and leaving DA for 'All-In'.  Solar has thus far decided against this, so imho they will keep their 1 team.

Also, you assume(we know what that does) that ECNL will unbalance the league by having 3 teams in Houston, Central TX, OK and 5 in Dallas.  This increases travel costs for current teams  Not a huge deal for Dallas teams.  Tulsa/OKC to Houston/Austin and vice versa is a bigger deal.

ECNL could reward loyal clubs:  Dash and Lonestar, those girls can go to an existing ECNL club, same w OKE.  FCD would have the best hope, but my understanding is their departure wasnt a good one and there are 4 other ecnl teams to play on, so...  Maybe a MLS only girls league? Or....Perhaps the DA Clubs will form their own league, I'm sure USYS/US Club will sanction it, this could be a nice avenue to State Cup and USYS Nationals or whatever Nationals US Club has.  If other DA teams did the same, those nationals would be the DA plus 'lesser' clubs nationals.

Lots of possibilities to ponder.  One thing for sure, if DA does fold, ECNL will have all the power and no need to play kissy face with clubs that ditched them.  I do hope all the best local players get to play against each other whatever happens.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JHHoliday 10/04/20, 05:10 pm

cenTex wrote:
Boot Oklahoma to go play in a league with the Colorado teams and I'm sold. .

Dumb. I like how it was laid out by Timmy. Hell, even add in the CO pod to the mix if you HAVE to; otherwise they play your Sporting KCs/Omahas, etc.

Edit: I could also see the loyalty clause where OKE has to choose between Celtic in Norman or TSC in Tulsa. But OK definitely gets into the OK/TX discussion.

JHHoliday
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 10/04/20, 05:38 pm

cenTex wrote:Looks like the DOC for Real Colorado wins the 2020 Spring soccer season.  Got the 2 team deal right before DA collapsed.  Now the remaining superstar DA only clubs (Tophat, Surf, FC Dallas, etc.) don't have any leverage.  I assume ECNL will want them, but unlikely they get the two team package.

And if any of this "demise of the DA" is actually true, Hassan comes in 2nd place for winning the 2020 Spring soccer season.   I suspect Dash and OK Energy would perhaps be left out in the cold, and Texans most certainly would have been.  

I suppose Lonestar could be in the same boat as Dash and Energy, but I simply can't see them not being included in ECNL if they want (same with FC Dallas).  Lonestar's one of the biggest clubs in the country, their boys just went "all in" for ECNL, and, patch or not, the majority of players aren't likely to shuffle over to a dreadful Sting Austin program.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/04/20, 08:13 pm

Ugh ... Do we really have to go back to this?  Sh#t ain't that hart! ...

"One woulda thought that this wouldn't have been such a secret, but given most of the content on this thread, it seems it may be ...

From what I was told by those in the know back when the GDA was introduced, the intent was to eventually contract to the pro clubs only and be fully funded ... similar to models across the pond.  Many of us that have been there from the beginning have had a similar message passed on from the "powers" at each year's preseason meeting.

Recently, there has also been more evidence that this is the case with the rapid regional expansion of the MLS -- There are already 30 and you'll see 32 clubs awarded in no time, each with regional logistical consideration in mind.  If ya asked me I'd tell you that I'd guess you'll see fully funded teams competing in a regional league consisting of Dallas, Austin, Houston, Colorado (Rapids in case you're wondering), and Nashville, among others in the somewhat near future.  Thus truly making the USSDA exclusively for the most committed and talented girls in the country, leaving the others in the ECNL."

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 10/04/20, 08:47 pm

Let the recruiting begin...  

Reminds me of a song.  

Hello....  It’s me....  I was wondering if after all these years, you would like to meet...

Laughing

Leave it to Soccer to make things interesting again!

Hope everyone is staying safe.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/04/20, 09:03 pm

FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:Let the recruiting begin...  

Reminds me of a song.  

Hello....  It’s me....  I was wondering if after all these years, you would like to meet...

Laughing

Leave it to Soccer to make things interesting again!

Hope everyone is staying safe.

Laughing  ... FS04 is a wise man!

Hope to see ya soon Sir Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 11/04/20, 07:16 pm

Big Ern wrote:Ugh ... Do we really have to go back to this?  Sh#t ain't that hart! ...

"One woulda thought that this wouldn't have been such a secret, but given most of the content on this thread, it seems it may be ...

From what I was told by those in the know back when the GDA was introduced, the intent was to eventually contract to the pro clubs only and be fully funded ... similar to models across the pond.  Many of us that have been there from the beginning have had a similar message passed on from the "powers" at each year's preseason meeting.

Recently, there has also been more evidence that this is the case with the rapid regional expansion of the MLS -- There are already 30 and you'll see 32 clubs awarded in no time, each with regional logistical consideration in mind.  If ya asked me I'd tell you that I'd guess you'll see fully funded teams competing in a regional league consisting of Dallas, Austin, Houston, Colorado (Rapids in case you're wondering), and Nashville, among others in the somewhat near future.  Thus truly making the USSDA exclusively for the most committed and talented girls in the country, leaving the others in the ECNL."

So this was likely already all in the works, but let's not pretend that the sudden zooming forward of the time line is natural, nor that everything has been well thought out and prepared for a seamless transition into next season.

My two cents is that the families with players in the MLS Boys academies can feel comfortable that they'll be fine and this may work out for the best. I think all the other families with players in the DA and GDA can rightfully be on edge about what happens next.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 12/04/20, 09:16 pm

You aren't wrong. But it won't happen.

I don't think the Dash are getting into ECNL. Houston should just have two teams, anyway.  Oklahoma City can't support two elite teams.  Austin is also just a one team town. And Dallas can fully support four teams, not six.

Politics will prevent this, but assuming we have to stick with some sort of closed league system... I wish we could hit the reset button and have a 10 team league with TSC and Energy: Dash and Albion: Lonestar and Classic Elite: Solar, FCD, Sting, and DKSC.  That would be one helluva league. Even the 2nd teams (ECRL) would be good, but the truth is all but the 1st teams really should all go back to local leagues and strengthen them (like Lake Highlands). All those traveling NPL teams should do the same. But the smoke filled rooms will not be going this direction, I'm sure.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durian 15/04/20, 08:45 am

So did those in the know tell you that GDA was folding? Or are they still holding on to the "fact" that MLS will swoop in and save the day?

Big Ern wrote:Ugh ... Do we really have to go back to this?  Sh#t ain't that hart! ...

Durian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 15/04/20, 10:46 pm

Like my mother always said. Don’t let the door hit you in the ArS on the way out. See yah DA. Nice while it lasted. The future looks bright gotta wear Cool

PS. Anyone looking for a used DA uniform hit me up...

PPS. Hello sensible sub rules and HS rules and showcases that don’t take up a whole week of school. What in the world were we thinking? Rolling Eyes

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the girls Getting back out on the field and training and working to earn a spot on next years team.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/04/20, 12:01 am

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4