North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Covid and Chamber Classic League rules Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Covid and Chamber Classic League rules

Go down

Covid and Chamber Classic League rules Empty Covid and Chamber Classic League rules

Post by Mr Potato Head 16/08/20, 10:44 pm

One parent per player rule seems to be a pretty dumb rule. With social distancing, having to wear a mask on the sidelines, playing games outside, I just don't get allowing only one parent. If each team and their parent are occupying one side of the field, then that is a whole lotta real estate for approx 18 parents to spread out over. Most of us are still going to Lowes, Home Depot, grocery stores, many are going inside to restaurants, or Church services, our kids are going back to school. Many of us are sill in close contact with lots of people every day through our jobs. Spreading out around an outdoor soccer field seems a lot safer then a trip to the grocery store. Hey classic league, lets use a little common sense with some of these new rules.

Mr Potato Head
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Covid and Chamber Classic League rules Empty Re: Covid and Chamber Classic League rules

Post by Chauffeur 17/08/20, 12:03 am

Be happy the kids are playing. It's a small price to pay and a good compromise between the wide range of strongly held views about the issue.

It could be way worse. You could live in MA and have to abide by these rules in order to play...

https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/assets/61/6/return_to_soccer_activities_phase_3_step_1_-_august_151.pdf

Mass Youth Soccer is hereby immediately implementing modifications for all sanctioned soccer games (scrimmages, friendlies, league). Suspended activities to meet necessary modification include:

• Heading - All intentional heading of a soccer ball is suspended for all ages. Any intentional heading will be treated as a violation of IFAB Law 12, Playing in a Dangerous Manner, Indirect Free Kick restart

• Shoulder to Shoulder contact is suspended and or any other intentional physical contact is to be considered a violation of Law 12, Playing in a Dangerous Manner, Indirect Free Kick restart or other applicable foul or misconduct based on the referee’s decision.

• Slide Tackling whenever within 6 feet of another player is suspended and is to be considered a violation of Law 12, Playing in a Dangerous Manner, Indirect Free Kick restart or other applicable foul or misconduct based on the referee’s decision.

• Throw-Ins as defined by IFAB Law 15 are suspended and to be replaced by a Kick-in. The modifications for the procedure for a Kick-in is:
o The player taking the Kick-in must be facing the field of play and need not keep both feet on the ground during the Kick-in.
o Must put part of the ball on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
o The ball may not be kicked directly into the opponent’s penalty area.
o All opponents must stand at least 10 yards (8 yards for small sided) from the point on the touchline where the Kick-in is to be taken.
o IFAB Law 15 Offences and Sanctions for Throw-ins apply to Kick-ins.

• Corner Kicks as defined by IFAB Law 17 are suspended and to be replaced by a Corner Kick-in. The modifications for the procedure for a Corner Kick-in are:
o The ball may not be kicked directly into the opponent’s penalty area.
o Opponents must remain at least 10 yds (8 yards for small sided) from the corner arc until the ball is in play
o IFAB Law 17 Offences and Sanctions for Corner Kicks apply to Corner Kick-ins.

• For all restarts, all players must comply with the 6 -foot distancing from both teammates and opponents. Opponents must remain at 10 yds (8 yards for small sided) from the ball prior to the kick. The use of a traditional defensive Wall is currently suspended.

• The use of a Dropped Ball as a restart is suspended. To replace this procedure, an Indirect Free Kick will be awarded to the team whom the referee deemed to be in possession when the referee stops play.

Chauffeur
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Covid and Chamber Classic League rules Empty Re: Covid and Chamber Classic League rules

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 17/08/20, 11:03 am

That Massachusetts list of rules is INSANE. It goes on to say that all players should have masks with them at all times and wear them when possible -- for example, it suggests wearing the mask but then taking it off to if doing a "long run" and putting it back on after.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 17/08/20, 02:48 pm

Surely that is from the Onion or a joke. If those were the rules, they wouldn't have any teams participating.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ctrl Alt de Ligt 17/08/20, 06:43 pm

Go join NTX Soccer vs The World on FB. You can then see this topic has been talked about a gazillion times. Majority consensus at this point...follow the rules and let the kids play.

Ctrl Alt de Ligt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 24/08/20, 09:32 am

Saw the mask police at Richland College on Sunday trying to pull players from games because said parent let his/her mask slip down for a few minutes.

Mind you it felt like the surface of the sun on Sunday and parents were over 6 feet away from each other but this Classic league official on a control trip decided to drive around in the golf cart just waiting for people to harass for not having a mask on every second, while sweating and breathing in your own co2 while sitting outside.

These rules are dumb, dumb, dumb. Would be nice if all teams and parents would simply refuse to abide by the rules. I doubt they shut down the entire league and give up the league fees if everyone simply says "No we are not wearing masks outside, in melting heat when we are over 6 feet from another parent. "

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by terps37 24/08/20, 11:01 am

Already have your league fees so they don't really care what you do or think.

Yes is it a pain in the butt to wear a mask. It's not fun but the kids are playing and getting back to some what of a normal life. Which is the most important thing.

Nothing is going to change so there is no since and complaining and trying to fight it. Just deal with it until it is over.

terps37
terps37
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 24/08/20, 12:15 pm

sprint wrote:Saw the mask police at Richland College on Sunday trying to pull players from games because said parent let his/her mask slip down for a few minutes.  

Mind you it felt like the surface of the sun on Sunday and parents were over 6 feet away from each other but this Classic league official on a control trip decided to drive around in the golf cart just waiting for people to harass for not having a mask on every second, while sweating and breathing in your own co2 while sitting outside.  

These rules are dumb, dumb, dumb.  Would be nice if all teams and parents would simply refuse to abide by the rules. I doubt they shut down the entire league and give up the league fees if everyone simply says "No we are not wearing masks outside, in melting heat when we are over 6 feet from another parent. "

If my kids team or league gets shut down because some moron parent thinks it's too sweaty outside so they refuse to either wear a mask or go sit in their car with the a/c, I'm going to be quite upset.

If I was a coach, and some kid's parents actions significantly impacted my team, I can assure you that kid would not play on my team next year.

You have three options:
Follow the rules.
Don't show up until the rules are more to your liking.
Go start your own league and make your own rules.

I don't care which one you pick, but pick one.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 24/08/20, 01:21 pm

[quote="timmyh"][quote="sprint"]Saw the mask police at Richland College on Sunday trying to pull players from games because said parent let his/her mask slip down for a few minutes.  

These rules are dumb, dumb, dumb.  Would be nice if all teams and parents would simply refuse to abide by the rules. I doubt they shut down the entire league and give up the league fees if everyone simply says "No we are not wearing masks outside, in melting heat when we are over 6 feet from another parent. "

[/quote]

If my kids team or league gets shut down because some moron parent thinks it's too sweaty outside so they refuse to either wear a mask or go sit in their car with the a/c, I'm going to be quite upset.  

If I was a coach, and some kid's parents actions significantly impacted my team, I can assure you that kid would not play on my team next year.

You have three options:  
Follow the rules.  

[/quote]

A fourth option is point out the stupidity of the rule and educate people the league is not following the best scientific evidence and the rules are arbitrary. (outside, six feet away from another person the spread is non existent)

The level of enforcement of the rule should be commiserate with its importance, very minimal at best.

Putting it on while the golf cart is there and pulling it down after they leave is a common occurrence for many and I expect that will continue.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlittleBitofSanity 24/08/20, 02:54 pm

[/quote]

You have three options:  
Follow the rules.  

[/quote]

agree 100%. you don't like it, take your kid out. enough of the whining about the rules. it shouldn't be that if you don't like the rule then everyone else should have to suffer. don't get mad at their marshalls either as they are just doing their jobs and following the rules. this whole thing sucks. your kids wont be playing for that much longer. I suggest you enjoy it with a mask on and not ruin it for others. be happy they are playing at all.

AlittleBitofSanity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 25/08/20, 07:59 am

sprint wrote:
timmyh wrote:
sprint wrote:Saw the mask police at Richland College on Sunday trying to pull players from games because said parent let his/her mask slip down for a few minutes.  

You have three options:  
Follow the rules.  

A fourth option is point out the stupidity of the rule and educate people the league is not following the best scientific evidence and the rules are arbitrary. (outside, six feet away from another person the spread is non existent)  

The level of enforcement of the rule should be commiserate with its importance, very minimal at best.  

Putting it on while the golf cart is there and pulling it down after they leave is a common occurrence for many and I expect that will continue.

We all know where to look when the leagues get shut down. The Girls' Classic League is complying with UTD, as I am sure the boys are complying with demands from others as well. As the letter from UTD to the Girls league points out, neighbors from the area have already been calling and complaining that people are playing at all. Without the masks and strict enforcement, UTD would have already shut them down.

There are many rules that we all encounter every day. Imagine if we all chose which rules we thought were worthy of being followed. Just wear the mask so our kids can play. I promise, nobody will report you to the RNC.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimystical 25/08/20, 02:04 pm

Not to change the subject or anything.... But maybe while the mask police are out driving around the fields, maybe they will take notice of how poor the fields at Richland college are this year. Been playing there for 4-5 years and this is the worst that I have seen them. Had a couple boys from my sons team walk away with some serious road rash as it seems they are playing on cement covered in thin straw. Wondering where the $1,100 field maintenance fee (per team) is going towards? Russell Creek and Carpenter Park are looking like better options to me.

pessimystical
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 25/08/20, 03:29 pm

[quote="pessimystical"][quote="sprint"]Saw the mask police at Richland College on Sunday trying to pull players from games because said parent let his/her mask slip down for a few minutes.  

[/quote]

Not to change the subject or anything.... But maybe while the mask police are out driving around the fields, maybe they will take notice of how poor the fields at Richland college are this year. Been playing there for 4-5 years and this is the worst that I have seen them. Had a couple boys from my sons team walk away with some serious road rash as it seems they are playing on cement covered in thin straw. Wondering where the $1,100 field maintenance fee (per team) is going towards?  Russell Creek and Carpenter Park are looking like better options to me.[/quote]

Surely they've had a hard time keeping the fields in nice condition with all the games and so much play on them over the spring and summer.......oh wait.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 25/08/20, 05:04 pm

You have three options:  
Follow the rules.  

[/quote]

agree 100%.   you don't like it, take your kid out.   enough of the whining about the rules.   it shouldn't be that if you don't like the rule then everyone else should have to suffer.  don't get mad at their marshalls either as they are just doing their jobs and following the rules.   this whole thing sucks.   your kids wont be playing for that much longer.  I suggest you enjoy it with a mask on and not ruin it for others.  be happy they are playing at all.  [/quote]

Well, half of you can enjoy it (at least in LHGCL) since only 1 spectator is allowed per kid.

Maybe Classic League and Girls Classic League should look at taking their business elsewhere?  All the tournaments held this summer and did any other complexes enforce mask requirements while socially distanced and spectator limits?  None that I am aware of.

Follow the rules. Don't ask questions . . . baaaaa.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Chauffeur 25/08/20, 05:31 pm

Every tournament (and even scrimmage) we played all summer had strict mask rules and spectator limitations.  

They all sucked to follow, probably were unnecessary, but I chose to follow them so that my kids (and others) could play. The management/owners who made the rules for their property gave us the choice to either wear a mask or stay at home. Probably to ease liability concerns because the same idiots unwilling to follow simple rules and requests "due to their principles" are also likely the same idiots likely to sue everyone if they get sick.  That's fair.  Small price to play for our kids getting to play.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.  You have a choice to either participate or not.  If my choosing to participate in spite of the requirements so that my kid gets to experience something they love makes me a sheep - Baaaa.

I will turn into a wolf, however, if some dumbass comes out, makes a scene, and gets the game or league shut down.

Chauffeur
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 25/08/20, 05:39 pm

Chauffeur wrote:Every tournament (and even scrimmage) we played all summer had strict mask rules and spectator limitations.  

They all sucked to follow, probably were unnecessary, but I chose to follow them so that my kids (and others) could play. The management/owners who made the rules for their property gave us the choice to either wear a mask or stay at home. Probably to ease liability concerns because the same idiots unwilling to follow simple rules and requests "due to their principles" are also likely the same idiots likely to sue everyone if they get sick.  That's fair.  Small price to play for our kids getting to play.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.  You have a choice to either participate or not.  If my choosing to participate in spite of the requirements so that my kid gets to experience something they love makes me a sheep - Baaaa.

I will turn into a wolf, however, if some dumbass comes out, makes a scene, and gets the game or league shut down.

Not sure what tournaments you were at - Solar and Texans had recommendations, tournaments were held at public parks (for which there can be no enforcement), and no masking or spectator rules were enforced.

baaaaa

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down