North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Academy Flops Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Academy Flops

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you teach your kid to flop?

Academy Flops Vote_lcap11%Academy Flops Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
Academy Flops Vote_lcap2%Academy Flops Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Academy Flops Vote_lcap71%Academy Flops Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 39 ]
Academy Flops Vote_lcap16%Academy Flops Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 55
Back

Academy Flops Empty Academy Flops

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 11:22 am

I've watched my fair share of academy games and starting to notice a peculiar trend that started sometime around last Fall (at least for 01s) - DD's flopping and otherwise intentionally trying to manipulate refs.

Some teams have multiple players doing it often enough I have to wonder - is this already being coached? Those teams with strong-legged boomers on free kicks and can routinely change outcome of game on a flop from 30 yards out.

Not buying any jive about they are too young for this to be intentional. I saw a kid crack a wry smile after the ref didn't buy her act, and seen others writhing around in monstrous pain before getting up and jogging off with a grin after getting a call.

I get that it's part of the game at higher levels, and any kid trying to mimic the pros can't help but pick this stuff up. But seriously? 10 years old?

Even saw a keeper attempt a blatant flop in her own box last weekend...Very Happy. I didn't get the point of the attempt - she already had the ball. But it was certainly amusing.

I'm conflicted on this one.

Have to admire a kid sophisticated and game-savvy enough to make the attempt, but OTOH something about it seems cheap when you're thinking values for little kids.

Is it already time to teach the dark arts?

Back to top Go down

Academy Flops Empty Re: Academy Flops

Post by Havingfunyet 30/03/11, 11:57 am

I think the opposite is way more true in both select \ academy and that is most refs allow very phisical play on the ball. I have always thought that you should call it closer when they are younger to encourage ball movement and give space to make moves. The brand of soccer that NTX plays does not allow that. Bigger and Stronger wins over faster and more skilled if you can nuetralize it through contact. Just my 2 cents.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 30/03/11, 11:58 am

Seriously, the thing I cant stand the MOST about top level soccer is flopping... I can't stand it in NBA nor can I stand it in soccer...

In the most recent World Cup you got flopping every 3-4 minutes… almost ruined the entire experience…

Seriously, it is like cry baby whining from players... if my DD this I would snatch her from the game immediately.

Another reason to love football, is that aside from wide receivers every now and then, you don’t foul fake drama….

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AP Pollster 30/03/11, 12:08 pm

AP Pollster
AP Pollster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 12:10 pm

It definitely happens. I can live with that part. What I hate is hearing some a hole scream" get up he/she is not hurt!" maybe maybe not but yelling at young children like that is just being a jerk

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 30/03/11, 12:51 pm

Maybe this is just the next step in the evolution of coaching soccer. Think about it. When we were kids, no one was teaching stepovers, shielding, opening up...etc. Now ask your local 8 year old what any of that means, and she will probably know. Some of them are already teaching how to grab jerseys and throw elbows, why wouldn't diving (flopping) be next?
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 01:15 pm

AP Pollster wrote:

Why is the man speaking english, yet it is translated into english?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 30/03/11, 01:18 pm

I am anti-flop, unless my DD gets intentionally fouled in the box with the ball, in which case, she needs to hit the ground so the ref calls the foul. I've seen too many intentional pushes in the back go uncalled in the box, so that is my solution. Otherwise, I'm anti-flop.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 01:27 pm

Sweeper wrote:I am anti-flop, unless my DD gets intentionally fouled in the box with the ball, in which case, she needs to hit the ground so the ref calls the foul. I've seen too many intentional pushes in the back go uncalled in the box, so that is my solution. Otherwise, I'm anti-flop.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 30/03/11, 01:32 pm

DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.texasfootballclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 30/03/11, 02:00 pm

If either of my DD's coaches tought or encouraged flopping I would definatly pull them off that team. Flopping is the biggest reason for the lack of respect that most Americans have for this sport. This is an easy fix, if the reff would make an exmple of the first player in a game to flop then this wouldn't be an issue.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 30/03/11, 02:05 pm

Flopping is the answer to almost any problem. Laughing
DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 30/03/11, 02:08 pm

bigheadpena wrote:If either of my DD's coaches tought or encouraged flopping I would definatly pull them off that team. Flopping is the biggest reason for the lack of respect that most Americans have for this sport. This is an easy fix, if the reff would make an exmple of the first player in a game to flop then this wouldn't be an issue.

I agree... completely.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 30/03/11, 02:11 pm

MustangGT wrote:
bigheadpena wrote:If either of my DD's coaches tought or encouraged flopping I would definatly pull them off that team. Flopping is the biggest reason for the lack of respect that most Americans have for this sport. This is an easy fix, if the reff would make an exmple of the first player in a game to flop then this wouldn't be an issue.

I agree... completely.

I Completely Disagree
DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerrykicks 30/03/11, 02:20 pm

[quote="DZaltron"][youtube]qJ4vJ0BDhZU[/youtube][/quote]

DZaltron---- this is now my official favorite video LOL loved it!!!

Everyone Watch it now!!!!
Jerrykicks
Jerrykicks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 30/03/11, 02:35 pm

DZaltron wrote:
MustangGT wrote:

I agree... completely.

I Completely Disagree

Why?
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 30/03/11, 02:46 pm

DZaltron wrote:
MustangGT wrote:

I agree... completely.

I Completely Disagree

Sorry but I have heard SEVERAL people, particularly during the world cup admit they can't watch soccer because they say the athletes are the biggest baby fakers in sports....

There were a few of those World Cup games that were almost ruined IMO due to such “over-flopping”.

But, the NBA gives soccer players a run for their money for sure.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 30/03/11, 02:49 pm

There are many reasons turftoe9
to mention a few.

1) Soccer is not an American Sport
2) Americans are not the #1 at it
3) Is not a fast-pace - High Scoring game (Baseball is another story)
4) Cultural (Baseball is an american sport so that is why american deals with how boring it is)
5) The league is a joke
6) The MLS Salaries are a joke
7) Not TV Coverage (I see more poker and Bowling in ESPN that Soccer)
8 ) Still an Elite Sport (Too much Money parents are paying)
9) American are driven by "The Next" Michael Jordan - The Next Dan Marino - The Next Pete Sampras.. The kids have no one to wanna-be-like (Donovan? - Freddy Adu?)
10) Did I said Americans are not the #1 in the world in this sport?

Those are a few that it came to my mind... You are welcome to add or take out some! Smile
DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 30/03/11, 02:51 pm

4) Cultural

DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperSoccer 30/03/11, 02:58 pm

DZaltron wrote:There are many reasons turftoe9
to mention a few.

What country does it belong to? Since Baseball is an American sport does that mean that they aren't allowed to play Baseball in Japan or Latin America?
We would be if all of our best athletes played soccer as their number one sport like most kids in other countries do
4) Cultural (Baseball is an american sport so that is why american deals with how boring it is)
5) The league is a joke
9) American are driven by "The Next" Michael Jordan - The Next Dan Marino - The Next Pete Sampras.. The kids have no one to wanna-be-like (Donovan? - Freddy Adu?)

Those are a few that it came to my mind... You are welcome to add or take out some! Smile

You still didn't explain why you like flops

SuperSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 03:01 pm

Had to sit through a youth baseball game the other day. I thought I was going to die from boredom. I think soccer is on the rise but the acting has to go. Ronaldo for example looks like a pansy everytime he falls and you can see him peeking to see what they ref thinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 30/03/11, 03:06 pm

SuperSoccer wrote:
to mention a few.

What country does it belong to? Since Baseball is an American sport does that mean that they aren't allowed to play Baseball in Japan or Latin America?
We would be if all of our best athletes played soccer as their number one sport like most kids in other countries do
5) The league is a joke

You are Right on #2 - That is why we (coaches) have hope.. there are 300,000,000 americans..please dont tell me we can not find 11 good ones Smile

as answer #1 - I did not understand your point.. In argentina we play baseball but we sucked - so for that matter - there are not much of respect or popularity with that sport.
I think Japan is pretty good in Baseball IDK

I dont like flops - and Flop is not the biggest reason why americans dont respect the sport.
DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 03:17 pm

DZaltron wrote:
SuperSoccer wrote:
to mention a few.

5) The league is a joke

You are Right on #2 - That is why we (coaches) have hope.. there are 300,000,000 americans..please dont tell me we can not find 11 good ones Smile

as answer #1 - I did not understand your point.. In argentina we play baseball but we sucked - so for that matter - there are not much of respect or popularity with that sport.
I think Japan is pretty good in Baseball IDK

I dont like flops - and Flop is not the biggest reason why americans dont respect the sport.

Is it because americans arent very good at soccer and not having a accent doesnt help either?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/11, 03:28 pm

I thought we looked pretty good against Argentina in the 2nd half and we were compeitive last year as well.. Our women are constantly near the top as well. As far as accents go, I hear them everywhere I go these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 30/03/11, 03:35 pm

Que?
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content