North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? - Page 2 Empty Re: DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Post by go99 06/04/11, 10:42 am

I try to do as little change as possible and do a better job of looking for that fit the first time. I don't get distracted by the shiny new things with their promise of wins and 7yr old glory. Good coaching in an enviorment she can learn. Top team this, win that, can all wait until she is closer to selct. I don't need to do a ton of moving because I already know there are more bad coaches than good

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

DM Players looking for Greener Grass already? - Page 2 Empty Re: DM Players looking for Greener Grass already?

Post by Sparky Sparkles 06/04/11, 11:16 am

go99 wrote:I try to do as little change as possible and do a better job of looking for that fit the first time. I don't get distracted by the shiny new things with their promise of wins and 7yr old glory. Good coaching in an enviorment she can learn. Top team this, win that, can all wait until she is closer to selct. I don't need to do a ton of moving because I already know there are more bad coaches than good

go99 - hasn't your dd changed coaches/programs 3x in the past six months?

Sparky Sparkles
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/04/11, 11:31 am

what? no. My DD has always been with LW. Great coach and when he left texans we left with him. A majority of her team went to Rowdies so we tried doing both so she could continue playing with her friends. Because of scheduling conflict doing both was not sustainable but the choice was aways LW. So the answer to your question is NO. She has been with LW since she came to academy and even though it is a considerable drive for us, my plan is to leave her there.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 06/04/11, 11:40 am

pro16 wrote:
Blank77 wrote:SO, as a professional scout (Eagle?), players shouldn't be moving to different academies? If no one cares what they do at this age, why does it matter?

Why is it unfortunate for so many families? We have tried multiple academies and learned quite a bit and made lots of friends.

Academy is set up, in theory, to serve the player and the family: find the right environment, find the right coach for your child, find a love for the game, and develop, develop, develop. This is lost on most parents and players because the system has taken a down-turn. There's tremendous pressure to be on this team or that team without regard to what is best for the young athlete. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, as we are all aware.

The issue lies firmly in the hands of those who foster the attitude and environment of the "need" to be in the place or that place: that's both parents and coaches.
I cannot tell you how many times we hear from parents with academy aged kids "my child plays for this team"...or "that club". My response is: Ok. Is he/she having fun? Do they want to be there? Are they developing? Are they a good team player? How does their coach treat them? (etc). You would almost laugh at the looks on faces when they realize most in my profession are not concerned at age 7 or 9 whether they play for Club XXXXXXX.

If you are meeting friends and learning, fantastic for you. And good for you as a parent.

As to your why is it unfortunate for families question? I will tell you to simply watch what happens to so many as they get destroyed through the process; at the complete mercy of coaches and who clubs without the best interest of young players in mind. Again, there are certainly exceptions to this "rule", of course there are. But they are more rare than they are common.

Funny, I hear it all the time about how coaches on young academy teams threaten and demoralize parents and players for wanting to try other programs, teams, coaches and coaching styles. They pressure those families, guilt them into putting blinders on FOR THE SAKE OF THE COACH'S own selfish success ambition.

My encouragement to anyone with a young, developmental player: FIND THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILD. Find the coach that meets the emotional and developmental needs of your child. And find a level-appropriate team, in conjunction with the previous 2 statements.

Do what is right for YOUR family.
And never let anyone convince you otherwise.
Have and hold on to your integrity as a leader of your family.

And one last note: at every level of sport, the teams with the least amount of turn-over on a regular basis, are the teams that have the most consistent success. This is not due to having the best player(s) on the field; it's due to consistency and fostering an environment of team and core group. Some change is okay, sure, but maturing together as a group and developing together as a group goes much further than most will ever realize.

Pro16, I was with you all the way until you lost me in Red above.

Then I went back and re-read your post, and saw that what you put in Blue above is exactly what those parents are doing in Red........... scratch

Now I am lost again...................... confused
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 06/04/11, 11:45 am

pro16 wrote:
Blank77 wrote:SO, as a professional scout (Eagle?), players shouldn't be moving to different academies? If no one cares what they do at this age, why does it matter?

Why is it unfortunate for so many families? We have tried multiple academies and learned quite a bit and made lots of friends.

Academy is set up, in theory, to serve the player and the family: find the right environment, find the right coach for your child, find a love for the game, and develop, develop, develop. This is lost on most parents and players because the system has taken a down-turn. There's tremendous pressure to be on this team or that team without regard to what is best for the young athlete. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, as we are all aware.

The issue lies firmly in the hands of those who foster the attitude and environment of the "need" to be in the place or that place: that's both parents and coaches.
I cannot tell you how many times we hear from parents with academy aged kids "my child plays for this team"...or "that club". My response is: Ok. Is he/she having fun? Do they want to be there? Are they developing? Are they a good team player? How does their coach treat them? (etc). You would almost laugh at the looks on faces when they realize most in my profession are not concerned at age 7 or 9 whether they play for Club XXXXXXX.

If you are meeting friends and learning, fantastic for you. And good for you as a parent.

As to your why is it unfortunate for families question? I will tell you to simply watch what happens to so many as they get destroyed through the process; at the complete mercy of coaches and who clubs without the best interest of young players in mind. Again, there are certainly exceptions to this "rule", of course there are. But they are more rare than they are common.

Funny, I hear it all the time about how coaches on young academy teams threaten and demoralize parents and players for wanting to try other programs, teams, coaches and coaching styles. They pressure those families, guilt them into putting blinders on FOR THE SAKE OF THE COACH'S own selfish success ambition.

My encouragement to anyone with a young, developmental player: FIND THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILD. Find the coach that meets the emotional and developmental needs of your child. And find a level-appropriate team, in conjunction with the previous 2 statements.

And one last note: at every level of sport, the teams with the least amount of turn-over on a regular basis, are the teams that have the most consistent success. This is not due to having the best player(s) on the field; it's due to consistency and fostering an environment of team and core group. Some change is okay, sure, but maturing together as a group and developing together as a group goes much further than most will ever realize.
Would you mind repeating that?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AlterEgo 06/04/11, 11:56 am

coachr wrote:
pro16 wrote:

He said: If your coach is smackng your DD on the a$$ and sending Love You text messages then it is probably NOT THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER.
Or something like that.

AlterEgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by regulator 06/04/11, 12:11 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
coachr wrote:
pro16 wrote:

He said: If your coach is smackng your DD on the a$$ and sending Love You text messages then it is probably NOT THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER.
Or something like that.

I have to admit, I laughed out loud. Laughing

regulator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 06/04/11, 12:11 pm

Pele98 wrote:
pro16 wrote:

Pro16, I was with you all the way until you lost me in Red above.

Then I went back and re-read your post, and saw that what you put in Blue above is exactly what those parents are doing in [color=red]Red[/Tcolor]........... scratch

Now I am lost again...................... confused

Please don't confuse the exception for the general rule.
Many parents do what's best; and many more are seeing through the wrong set of lenses.
Moat have lost perspective.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Country 06/04/11, 12:24 pm

hobbit wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:The day DM is bothered about losing kids is the day Yellowstone blows and we're all screwed!

At least there is one person posting in this thread that has a clue. DM loses players all the time and gains players all the time. Isn't that the way things work in academy anyways?

because thats how he rolls!! lol!

Country
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 06/04/11, 01:30 pm

Country wrote:
hobbit wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:The day DM is bothered about losing kids is the day Yellowstone blows and we're all screwed!

At least there is one person posting in this thread that has a clue. DM loses players all the time and gains players all the time. Isn't that the way things work in academy anyways?

because thats how he rolls!! lol!

Just don't expect David to talk to you or your kid when you leave.

Yes it is funny not knowing that some of us mate like rabbits and have a lot of kids
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Caveman 06/04/11, 01:54 pm

regulator wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:
coachr wrote:
pro16 wrote:

Or something like that.

<----That there is funny, I don't care who yar

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Caveman 06/04/11, 02:01 pm

pro16 wrote:

<---that thar is the truth!! And should be posted everywhere for all to see! cheers

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 02:21 pm

pro16 wrote:

Wow... Great post.. Very true... Took me 5 years and many ups and downs to just begin to figure out this is 100% true.... DO YOU SEE THIS????

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 06/04/11, 04:01 pm

SoccerSounder wrote:
pro16 wrote:

Wow... Great post.. Very true... Took me 5 years and many ups and downs to just begin to figure out this is 100% true.... DO YOU SEE THIS????
5 years? You are a weak individual.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 06/04/11, 04:03 pm

Capt. Caveman wrote:
regulator wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:
coachr wrote:
pro16 wrote:

Or something like that.

<----That there is funny, I don't care who yar

Y'all are funny boys!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 04:19 pm

[quote="coachr"][quote="SoccerSounder"][quote="pro16"]
Blank77 wrote:You are a weak individual.

So I received your post as great information (agreeing with you), which most soccer parents never get... And you go that way with me??? Maybe I'll give you the benefit and say you may have misunderstood???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 04:31 pm

[quote="SoccerSounder"][quote="coachr"][quote="SoccerSounder"]
pro16 wrote:

So I received your post as great information (agreeing with you), which most soccer parents never get... And you go that way with me??? Maybe I'll give you the benefit and say you may have misunderstood???

Was reading this post and I don't see anywhere where Blank wrote this.....but either way, have at him.

To all parents who want to be in the know of what those messages from your DD's coach mean, check out this website.
http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

9 Coachr Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 06/04/11, 05:44 pm

[quote="DoubleDD"][quote="SoccerSounder"][quote="coachr"]
SoccerSounder wrote:
pro16 wrote:

Was reading this post and I don't see anywhere where Blank wrote this.....but either way, have at him.

To all parents who want to be in the know of what those messages from your DD's coach mean, check out this website.
http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

9 Coachr Smile
they left mine off... BBC!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 05:47 pm

[quote="SoccerSounder"][quote="coachr"][quote="SoccerSounder"]
pro16 wrote:

Um, I don't recall typing that. Maybe it was Chaz79's step son? Was it in Czech?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 05:49 pm

Coach Rick Adams and David May wrote:Blank, I have always loved you....

Look, I can edit quotes too...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 06/04/11, 05:54 pm

Blank77 wrote:
Coach Rick Adams and David May wrote:Blank, I have always loved you....

Look, I can edit quotes too...lol
Can't we just move on?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 06/04/11, 05:56 pm

coachr wrote:
SoccerSounder wrote:
pro16 wrote:

As to your why is it unfortunate for families question? I will tell you to simply watch what happens to so many as they get destroyed through the process; at the complete mercy of coaches and who clubs without the best interest of young players in mind. Again, there are certainly exceptions to this "rule", of course there are. But they are more rare than they are
common.

My encouragement to anyone with a young, developmental player: FIND THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILD. Find the coach that meets the emotional and developmental needs of your child. And find a level-appropriate team, in conjunction with the
previous 2 statements.

And one last note: at every level of sport, the teams with the least amount of turn-over on a regular basis, are the teams that have the most consistent success. This is not due to having the best player(s) on the field; it's due to consistency and fostering an environment of team and core group. Some change is okay, sure, but maturing together as a group and developing together as a group goes much
further than most will ever realize.

5 years? You are a weak individual.

Soccer Sounder - coachr said this. Not blank.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/04/11, 08:00 pm

The Most Interesting Man in the World wrote: I don't always read posts on TXSOCCER, but when I do, I prefer Blank77's

So, CoachR - how are the Dallas Textans coming?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2