North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Thur - HS State final games - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Thur - HS State final games

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thur - HS State final games - Page 2 Empty Re: Thur - HS State final games

Post by ICE QUEEN 14/04/11, 03:37 pm

END ET2: One more run by Dunnigan is cleared off by Ryan, and a foul effectively ends extra time with the score still tied. Shootout time. The last time there was a shootout in the state tournament? 2005. Stay tuned...again.

ICE QUEEN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 14/04/11, 03:38 pm

ICE QUEEN wrote:END ET2: One more run by Dunnigan is cleared off by Ryan, and a foul effectively ends extra time with the score still tied. Shootout time. The last time there was a shootout in the state tournament? 2005. Stay tuned...again.

dribble ups!

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 14/04/11, 03:46 pm

Crying or Very sad

that red card was too huge a mountain to climb

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 14/04/11, 03:47 pm

thats it... Vista Ridge takes it in the shootout

man, the emotional toll on these girls must be nuts right now
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 14/04/11, 03:48 pm

SAT 11am 4A State Finals

Frisco Wakeland v Cedar Park
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 14/04/11, 03:49 pm

bronxdad wrote: Crying or Very sad

yeah, for sure they had to push that much more to keep in the match... which they did.. Amazing job.

Bummer to decide on dribble ups.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ICE QUEEN 14/04/11, 04:21 pm

Proud of the Ryan Girls! They showed alot of heart today. Reading the blog, I thought they were going to pull it off.

I don't have a DD on this team, but have an 8th grader that will be moving into Ryan next year. DD can't wait to be a part of this program!
ICE QUEEN
ICE QUEEN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 14/04/11, 04:36 pm

Heartbreaking loss. Fantastic job by the lady raiders. Played with ten through all but about ten minutes of regulation, plus twenty minutes of OT. Proud of those girls!!
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiemt 14/04/11, 06:26 pm

soccerinsane wrote:Heartbreaking loss. Fantastic job by the lady raiders. Played with ten through all but about ten minutes of regulation, plus twenty minutes of OT. Proud of those girls!!
Kuddos to all the Ryan girls for one hell of a run and a GREAT senior year for your DD. All the best to her in college, where I'm sure she will continue to kick a$$!! Smile
aggiemt
aggiemt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 14/04/11, 08:33 pm

aggiemt wrote:
soccerinsane wrote:Heartbreaking loss. Fantastic job by the lady raiders. Played with ten through all but about ten minutes of regulation, plus twenty minutes of OT. Proud of those girls!!
Kuddos to all the Ryan girls for one hell of a run and a GREAT senior year for your DD. All the best to her in college, where I'm sure she will continue to kick a$$!! Smile

Thanks tons! They've got a great core of juniors and some talented current and upcoming freshmen as well, so I fully expect to be back here watching them next year. After watching my DD play a great first college season of course! Smile glad she went out with a bang even though I know she's disappointed--to say the least.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 14/04/11, 11:30 pm

I wish the best of luck to Wakeland! GO WOLVERINES!!!

This is the high school my dd will attend.

I was hoping Ryan would win. Friends of ours dd plays for Ryan.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 15/04/11, 06:42 am

soccerinsane wrote:
aggiemt wrote:

Thanks tons! They've got a great core of juniors and some talented current and upcoming freshmen as well, so I fully expect to be back here watching them next year. After watching my DD play a great first college season of course! Smile glad she went out with a bang even though I know she's disappointed--to say the least.

We(Birdville) played Ryan twice in District. Very impressive team. Hate that the red card happened and they had to play down but what a great fight as they clawed their way to a tie and then OT. Personally, I think it would be Ryan and Wakeland if the red card never happened. Congrats on a great season. I would like to say we look forward to playing Ryan next year but I woudl be lying! Very Happy

96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 15/04/11, 08:44 am

haha, we played Ryan as well in pre-season, and while we took a whupping it was actually very fun to watch the game... They just looked so solid and fluid at the same time. Of course I imagine the same can be said of every team that makes it to the semis and final. I hope we play them again next year just to see them in action.

congrats to all that made it this far.. and good luck to both in the final.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 15/04/11, 09:29 am

Looks like there will be a live feed for today's games something like Twitter:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20110414-get-live-updates-from-friday_s-boys-girls-soccer-state-semifinals-in-georgetown.ece

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Thur - HS State final games - Page 2 Empty Boyd up 1-0 in first 3 minutes!

Post by Just an Observer 15/04/11, 01:37 pm

Not sure what happened to create a PK that early in the game...hope no one gets injured in this one!

Just an Observer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goaliemom13 15/04/11, 03:10 pm

Congratulations to Boyd! Good luck Boyd and Wakeland tomorrow in the finals!!

goaliemom13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Just an Observer 15/04/11, 03:11 pm

That will be an awesome game. Does anyone know if it will be televised?

Just an Observer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by manaffy6 15/04/11, 03:20 pm

I would have really liked to see Ryan vs Wakeland in the final. I think they are both possession teams and it would have been a good matchup. Maybe next year! Good luck to Frisco Wakeland on Saturday!
manaffy6
manaffy6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by manaffy6 15/04/11, 03:22 pm

Just an Observer wrote:That will be an awesome game. Does anyone know if it will be televised?

I saw that all finals will be televised on the "Texas Channel" on Time Warner Cable. Doesn't help us with Verizon FIOS or DirecTV...
manaffy6
manaffy6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2MuchTime 15/04/11, 03:39 pm

I haven't seen the game yet but was told by a dad who did that the red card was well-deserved (i.e. an unnecessary foul). If so, that's too bad. Soccer is a team sport and the actions of one player can cause a loss for everyone. I know the old saying: It takes the entire team to win or lose. That's not true if a single player goes kamikaze. But if Ryan had somehow progressed, wouldn't they have also been without the red-carded player for the final? Double jeopardy.
2MuchTime
2MuchTime
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by manaffy6 15/04/11, 03:57 pm

2MuchTime wrote:

I haven't seen the game yet but was told by a dad who did that the red card was well-deserved (i.e. an unnecessary foul). If so, that's too bad. Soccer is a team sport and the actions of one player can cause a loss for everyone. I know the old saying: It takes the entire team to win or lose. That's not true if a single player goes kamikaze. But if Ryan had somehow progressed, wouldn't they have also been without the red-carded player for the final? Double jeopardy.

Yes, we would have been without the player, but would have had 11 players on the field for that game.
manaffy6
manaffy6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiemt 15/04/11, 05:04 pm

2MuchTime wrote:

I guess it just depends on who you ask. I've heard from a parent who was also at the game that the red-carded player went to slide in on a loose ball that was in front of the keeper but not near the keeper...that is until keeper also came out and slid into it. Again, just what I've heard but doesn't sound like kamikaze action IMO. These girls have to make split-second decisions and, unfortunately, they don't always go their way. Live and learn.
aggiemt
aggiemt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2MuchTime 15/04/11, 05:16 pm

aggiemt wrote:
2MuchTime wrote:

I guess it just depends on who you ask. I've heard from a parent who was also at the game that the red-carded player went to slide in on a loose ball that was in front of the keeper but not near the keeper...that is until keeper also came out and slid into it. Again, just what I've heard but doesn't sound like kamikaze action IMO. These girls have to make split-second decisions and, unfortunately, they don't always go their way. Live and learn.

The explanation given to me (by a Ryan parent) was that keeper and player got to the ball around the same time. Keeper gained possession but Ryan player continued to kick at the ball to the point of kicking the keeper at least twice. A ref would generally lean toward protecting the keeper and rightly so. He must have seen something that really drew his ire to issue a straight red card on the play.
2MuchTime
2MuchTime
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 15/04/11, 06:08 pm

Was at the game--and the Ryan player slid toward a loose ball. Keeper came down after and wrapped up ball and feet of Ryan player. Initially, I thought the ref missed the play and thought Ryan player slid into the ball and keeper. But apparently what he saw (from what I can tell based on people who were sitting up higher and closer to that goal) was when the Ryan player tried to get her feet out. That is where the ref saw the red-cardable offense--which makes sense--gotta protect the keeper for sure. Honestly don't think Ryan player was kicking out of control, but she was moving her feet to get out and and that was enough for this ref. Wish she would have stayed still and let the keeper unwrap things because I think she'd have been okay--guess she wasn't thinking through that this wasn't a field player to field player/legs to legs wrap-up and remember that keepers are required to come in "headfirst". Very unfortunate--especially since I think Ryan would have advanced--at times throughout the rest of the game you almost couldn't tell Ryan was playing a man down. But heading into shootouts, knew it would be a tough thing to get by. Link is to the pic of that play:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20110414-photos-wakeland-girls-advance-ryan-girls-lose-heartbreaker.ece?ssimg=162835#ssTop162841
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 15/04/11, 06:19 pm

I know this is a North Texas forum...but I gotta have somone pulling for the South Texas girls.

Go Vista Ridge! cheers
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiemt 15/04/11, 07:13 pm

soccerinsane wrote:Was at the game--and the Ryan player slid toward a loose ball. Keeper came down after and wrapped up ball and feet of Ryan player. Initially, I thought the ref missed the play and thought Ryan player slid into the ball and keeper. But apparently what he saw (from what I can tell based on people who were sitting up higher and closer to that goal) was when the Ryan player tried to get her feet out. That is where the ref saw the red-cardable offense--which makes sense--gotta protect the keeper for sure. Honestly don't think Ryan player was kicking out of control, but she was moving her feet to get out and and that was enough for this ref. Wish she would have stayed still and let the keeper unwrap things because I think she'd have been okay--guess she wasn't thinking through that this wasn't a field player to field player/legs to legs wrap-up and remember that keepers are required to come in "headfirst". Very unfortunate--especially since I think Ryan would have advanced--at times throughout the rest of the game you almost couldn't tell Ryan was playing a man down. But heading into shootouts, knew it would be a tough thing to get by. Link is to the pic of that play:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20110414-photos-wakeland-girls-advance-ryan-girls-lose-heartbreaker.ece?ssimg=162835#ssTop162841
This picture right here is what it's all about, win or lose, the unrestrained pure joy on their faces. She'll remember this very moment for the rest of her life....I swear I'm actually tearing up and you must be so incredibly proud.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20110414-photos-wakeland-girls-advance-ryan-girls-lose-heartbreaker.ece?ssimg=162834#ssTop162841

aggiemt
aggiemt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next