North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

MidFielders/Defenders???? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

MidFielders/Defenders????

Go down

MidFielders/Defenders???? Empty MidFielders/Defenders????

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 09:43 pm

Since we ranked forwards.. where's the fastest mids and defenders? ANYONE?????

Back to top Go down

MidFielders/Defenders???? Empty Re: MidFielders/Defenders????

Post by wxyz 16/05/11, 09:51 pm

Why is everyone so enamored with speed? How about skills and soccer IQ?

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

MidFielders/Defenders???? Empty BEST Mids/Defenders????

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 09:55 pm

wxyz wrote:Why is everyone so enamored with speed? How about skills and soccer IQ?

BEST mids/ defenders.... Rank em'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Caveman 16/05/11, 10:24 pm

Seriously??? I concur with WXYZ... if you're going to rank any soccer player, skills and soccer IQ is where you begin..this isn't track. Messi isn't the fastest but certainly one of the most intelligent and skilled, or Rooney at forward, speed is great but doesn't build ball handling skills, finds the passing lanes, draw defenders, set plays or shuts down shot opportunities, draw fouls, forces a reset...etc, etc,

A fast player that can't handle the ball or doesn't understand offensive or defensive tactics is just a fast runner in the wrong sport. jocolor NEXT!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 16/05/11, 10:33 pm

Capt. Caveman wrote:Seriously??? I concur with WXYZ... if you're going to rank any soccer player, skills and soccer IQ is where you begin..this isn't track. Messi isn't the fastest but certainly one of the most intelligent and skilled, or Rooney at forward, speed is great but doesn't build ball handling skills, finds the passing lanes, draw defenders, set plays or shuts down shot opportunities, draw fouls, forces a reset...etc, etc,

A fast player that can't handle the ball or doesn't understand offensive or defensive tactics is just a fast runner in the wrong sport. jocolor NEXT!

Look, at 8 and 9, all these girls have are their natural and raw talent with some skills. They are still developing. I'm sorry , but the few youhave named are just the few. In all of sports, speed kills. Speed and skills kills skill alone, so don't hate. At this age, you look at the natural abilities. The things you can't teach, but just admire. As time passes, with good coaching and work ethic, most can be taught skills. Now add skills to natural raw speed and quickness. I'll take that player anyday. But for now, I will enjoy the speed and watch it grow. I'm just sayin.....

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 16/05/11, 10:39 pm

soccerA wrote:
Capt. Caveman wrote:Seriously??? I concur with WXYZ... if you're going to rank any soccer player, skills and soccer IQ is where you begin..this isn't track. Messi isn't the fastest but certainly one of the most intelligent and skilled, or Rooney at forward, speed is great but doesn't build ball handling skills, finds the passing lanes, draw defenders, set plays or shuts down shot opportunities, draw fouls, forces a reset...etc, etc,

Look, at 8 and 9, all these girls have are their natural and raw talent with some skills. They are still developing. I'm sorry , but the few youhave named are just the few. In all of sports, speed kills. Speed and skills kills skill alone, so don't hate. At this age, you look at the natural abilities. The things you can't teach, but just admire. As time passes, with good coaching and work ethic, most can be taught skills. Now add skills to natural raw speed and quickness. I'll take that player anyday. But for now, I will enjoy the speed and watch it grow. I'm just sayin.....

I think everyone can appreciate the combination. Yes,Larry Bird didn't have speed, but he would have been the first to tell you, it would not have hurt to have it along with his Shot and basketball IQ. And if you look at the numbers, how many Larry birds are there out there.

I have seen some great soccer players with just skill alone and IQ do some great things, but I have seen more great soccer players, with those same skills and IQ, with speed and quick make the difference in a game. I.E. Derrick Rose of the Bulls. Great understanding of the game, but with that, his quickness and speed with the ball, sets him miles apart from his counterparts.

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 10:46 pm

can we get to rankings now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Caveman 16/05/11, 11:01 pm

Those aren't the only ones...most soccer players will NOT when a 100 meter dash or a 400 hundred even. There is a difference between speed and reaction/quickness but both can be developed, skills require mind/body coordination I'll take an exceptionally coordinated and smart 8 or 9yr old over a road runner any day.

Ok.. NOW can we get some rankings? Surprised

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 16/05/11, 11:07 pm

Capt. Caveman wrote:Those aren't the only ones...most soccer players will NOT when a 100 meter dash or a 400 hundred even. There is a difference between speed and reaction/quickness but both can be developed, skills require mind/body coordination I'll take an exceptionally coordinated and smart 8 or 9yr old over a road runner any day.

One more thing....You don't have to win the 100 to be quick or fast.

Now, we can get to the rankings.....

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerA 16/05/11, 11:12 pm

soccerA wrote:
Capt. Caveman wrote:Those aren't the only ones...most soccer players will NOT when a 100 meter dash or a 400 hundred even. There is a difference between speed and reaction/quickness but both can be developed, skills require mind/body coordination I'll take an exceptionally coordinated and smart 8 or 9yr old over a road runner any day.

One more thing....You don't have to win the 100 to be quick or fast.

Now, we can get to the rankings.....

And I'll take the Skilled, fast, and smart 8 or 9 yr old any day. Just sayin....!

soccerA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 11:14 pm

you guys are funny. gr8, you opened the thread. why dont you post a pick?

i'm still waiting on soccerskills to open his thread on parents from the weekend. i've got my number 1 ready!

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Caveman 16/05/11, 11:38 pm

bobmac15 wrote:you guys are funny. gr8, you opened the thread. why dont you post a pick?i'm still waiting on soccerskills to open his thread on parents from the weekend. i've got my number 1 ready!

Yeah gr8 go ahead and open this can o'worms.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 17/05/11, 02:44 am

bobmac15 wrote:you guys are funny. gr8, you opened the thread. why dont you post a pick?

i'm still waiting on soccerskills to open his thread on parents from the weekend. i've got my number 1 ready!

Ummmm.......i wont be starting that thread! Maybe a thread on which posters should have been more diligent on their methods of birth control??

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tondo 17/05/11, 07:07 am

Gr8tJumpShot wrote:can we get to rankings now?

Your kid is the fastest, hands-down. There is no reason to go beyond that.

tondo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/11, 08:05 am

Capt. Caveman wrote:
bobmac15 wrote:you guys are funny. gr8, you opened the thread. why dont you post a pick?i'm still waiting on soccerskills to open his thread on parents from the weekend. i've got my number 1 ready!

Yeah gr8 go ahead and open this can o'worms.

Sorry got bored with all of the "unnecessary and off topic convo".

My rankings as of now.

Mids (1 being best)

1. FCD Premier (skilled)
2. Rowdies
3. Glotz
4. Webb ( or are they just always in the right spot at the right time?)

Defenders

1. Glotz
2. Fever
3. Rowdies
4. Webb

That's all I have as of now, after this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 17/05/11, 09:02 am

wxyz wrote:Why is everyone so enamored with speed? How about skills and soccer IQ?

Great Question.
The answer is because you're in North Texas and Speed and Size = Winning.
Forget Skill and IQ it's a debate that has been going on for years.

So, here we go again. Why don't you ask a smart question like.
- Who has the most skillful mids?
- Which team has more flair on the field?
- Which team tends to move the ball side to side instead of going straight to goal?
- Who has the most technical keeper and how do you beat this player?

Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/11, 09:06 am

Its Me wrote:

Great Question.
The answer is because you're in North Texas and Speed and Size = Winning.
Forget Skill and IQ it's a debate that has been going on for years.

So, here we go again. Why don't you ask a smart question like.
- Who has the most skillful mids?
- Which team has more flair on the field?
- Which team tends to move the ball side to side instead of going straight to goal?
- Who has the most technical keeper and how do you beat this player?

Ok, however you all want to state the question. Let's just get some rankings going on more than just forwards. But in your questioning don't forget about defense.

"Which team has a great defense line? That does more than boot the ball. From left and right defense to Sweepers."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/11, 08:58 pm

GR8 is fishing for compliments about his or her DD , Rowdie Sweeper, would someone please send him one !
Some people are needy and need that for their ego.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/11, 09:12 pm

BJones wrote:GR8 is fishing for compliments about his or her DD , Rowdie Sweeper, would someone please send him one !
Some people are needy and need that for their ego.

Not even close, I would be very appauld if my dds coach had her play in the 6 yrd box the entire game. It would be time for a new team and spot. Just dont always want to hear about forwards ONLY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/11, 09:51 pm

Im not the only guy that thinks too much praise goes too forwards/strikers. check it out!

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t4172-do-you-hate-how-strikers-are-appreciated-more-than-defenders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/11, 10:04 pm

Gr8tJumpShot wrote:Im not the only guy that thinks too much praise goes too forwards/strikers. check it out!

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t4172-do-you-hate-how-strikers-are-appreciated-more-than-defenders

If you want to win when it counts (that's not at U7, or even U12), then you build a team from the back to the front.

Of course you need some talented forwards/strikers, but try and win when the competition gets really tough and you have a suspect keeper and average defense. Lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down