North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Southern Regionals Schedule Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Southern Regionals Schedule

Go down

Southern Regionals Schedule Empty Southern Regionals Schedule

Post by brokedawg 08/06/11, 12:00 am

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org/events/2011-Region-III-Championships/Schedule/U16-Girls/Division+1/
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Southern Regionals Schedule Empty Re: Southern Regionals Schedule

Post by justfurkicks 08/06/11, 10:18 am

Looks like the very first game is a State Cup finals rematch. Is this how it's usually done ?
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 08/06/11, 10:42 am

No I don't think so. Groups are a blind draw or that is what I have heard Question It was just our draw to be in the same group as Sting and I guess they just scheduled our game to meet in group play as the first match for us both. I'm pulling for both NTX teams to advance to the quarters but ya never know what can happen in group play. Obvious teams that are front runners should be Hurricanes, CASL & Sting as any of them could be regional champs but there could be a dark horse that comes out of the pack...maybe even a green one Shocked
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 08/06/11, 11:50 pm

Grupo de la Muerte "B"

Wow. Feet v Sting Game #1, better than scheduling game #2 or #3 in Group B...

Region III got soccer rankings Group B

#2 Sting
#6 Feet
#12 Charlotte SA
#53 BUSA

AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 09/06/11, 01:12 pm

Hurricanes got the easiest draw they could have gotten with the LA, MS, and AR state champs.

Lonestars have almost the exact same draw as last year as CESA (who upset them) and CASL (whome they tied) are in the same group again. Only FL champ, Ponte Vedra Storm is different

Agree that Sting and D'Feeters should (and hope that they do) escape their bracket.

Two GA powers Concorde Fire and GSA Phoenix should come out of their bracket.

Prediction of Quarter finals:

Concorde Fire vs. D'Feeters

Sting vs. GSA Phoenix

Hurricane vs. Lonestars

CASL vs. MS Fire Juniors

Good luck to all TX teams!
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 10/06/11, 11:06 am

Pretty good guess on the quarters CF. Hurricane group jumped out to me also but they are a very strong team and would have expected them to advance to quarters regardless of their group pairings. Congrats on your State Cup showing and good luck in TN. We're going to Regionals a bit depleted from our PL squad after suffering the loss of 4 players due to ACL's this year and 1 with a severe concussion that has been out of action for a few months. We've had some girls really step it up to fill the breach and we're going to Regionals with a team that will give their best to represent TX. Maybe we'll see y'all in the semis or finals Smile
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 11/06/11, 09:47 am

Brokedawg,
As you know, my DD has had many problems with her ACL so I can empathize with the plight of these girls. Please ask them and their parents to take their time coming back.

Good luck in Murfreesboro!
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 13/06/11, 09:43 am

Keeping an eye on the forecast, is is certainly trending better regarding rain for the weekend. While hot and humid it won't be 101!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0356
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Don'tMiss 13/06/11, 10:44 am

Newbie question...What is the difference between this regional and the President's cup that was held in AL this past weekend? (DD not old enough for regionals yet)
Don'tMiss
Don'tMiss
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 13/06/11, 03:41 pm

Don'tMiss wrote:Newbie question...What is the difference between this regional and the President's cup that was held in AL this past weekend? (DD not old enough for regionals yet)

"The Presidents Cup is is designed for those teams seeking additional challenges to play against teams of similar abilities for a national title."

As I understand it, you cant be a Division 1 team to play in the Presidents Cup.

This Regional is part of the US Youth Soccer National Champions Series.
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Don'tMiss 13/06/11, 04:05 pm

texflats wrote:
Don'tMiss wrote:Newbie question...What is the difference between this regional and the President's cup that was held in AL this past weekend? (DD not old enough for regionals yet)

"The Presidents Cup is is designed for those teams seeking additional challenges to play against teams of similar abilities for a national title."

As I understand it, you cant be a Division 1 team to play in the Presidents Cup.

This Regional is part of the US Youth Soccer National Champions Series.

Thanks!
Don'tMiss
Don'tMiss
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/06/11, 12:06 pm

U16s

Metroplex rivalry has national implications

For Dallas Sting 95, defending national champions, some of the toughest competition sits in their own backyard. Just a few miles away, D’Feeters SC 95 looks to challenge their crosstown rivals for a regional – and national – championship. And oddly enough, though they will travel over 600 miles for the regional tournament, they’ll see familiar faces when they arrive.

“I’m glad we get a chance to play the Sting first,” says D’Feeters midfielder Ashley York, a Baylor commit. “We will have to go out strong and tough, and we can build off of that for the rest of the weekend.”

D’Feeters coach Shea Wilder adds: “We’ve played those girls each year for the past four or five years now. There’s a healthy respect between these two teams. It’s always back and forth between us.”

A number of these players are teammates on high school squads. D’Feeters’ Hayley Todd and Sting’s Katie Martin play together at Highland Park (Dallas, Texas), and Caitlin Jancuska of D’Feeters and Cami Pham of Sting both play at Ursuline Academy (Dallas, Texas).

“We’ve been playing them forever, and they’ve always been our best competition,” says Jancuska, a defender committed to TCU.

For the Sting, their position as defending national champs won’t affect their mindset this year.

“Just because you are the two-time national champion doesn’t entitle it back to you,” coach Kenny Medina told his players at practice Tuesday. “Every game, we’re going to have to show up and do what got us here in the first place, which was hard work.”

Game to Watch: Dallas Sting 95 (Texas-North) vs. D’Feeters SC 95 (Texas-North) – June 17, noon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/06/11, 05:20 pm

Sting is undefeated and in control.

Feet lost yday and tied today.

Unfortunately, I think its all a mute point. HFC is ROCKING everyone. 7-0 yday, 6-0 today....

It will be interesting to see how this plays out since HFC won their Division of National League, so they are already qualified for Nationals. If they win Regionals, am I right in thinking that the other Finalist will advance as well?
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 18/06/11, 05:34 pm

BigBoy wrote:Sting is undefeated and in control.

Feet lost yday and tied today.

Unfortunately, I think its all a mute point. HFC is ROCKING everyone. 7-0 yday, 6-0 today....
It will be interesting to see how this plays out since HFC won their Division of National League, so they are already qualified for Nationals. If they win Regionals, am I right in thinking that the other Finalist will advance as well?

There bracket is a joke. Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana are pigs led to slaughter every year in Regionals. Hurricane was fortunate enough to have them all in their bracket. Why they don't seed Regionals is beyond me.

Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 18/06/11, 07:43 pm

GSA 95 PHOENIX RED is +7 in 2 matches in Group A. Hopefully the 2 GA teams will beat each other up tomorrow at 8am.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 18/06/11, 07:46 pm

AgGermany wrote:GSA 95 PHOENIX RED is +7 in 2 matches in Group A. Hopefully the 2 GA teams will beat each other up tomorrow at 8am.

we saw GSA in Orlando and they play very quickly. Pretty darn good team.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 19/06/11, 12:57 pm

GSA Loses to Concorde Fire....hmm. So now Concorde gets the team that beat Feet today.

Feet had a tough weekend. 2 losses and 1 tie.

Sting, HFC, and CASL all were not scored on going into the Quarters.

HFC gets a familiar PL foe. Chelsea...I hope you guys wake up with a LOT of pep in your step. Even still, it will prolly be a long morning tmrw.

Good luck to Sting and Lonestars. We still have 2 Texas teams in it.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 19/06/11, 06:32 pm

Big Boy,
Without a doubt the Lonestars will have their hands full with the Hurricane. They have not lost in a very long time. Kenny Shubert took a very good team and made them much better. We have played them tight in the past and even beaten them (1-1-1 last three against them with zero collective goal differential). That said...we will be the underdogs for sure.

I have been watching with growing interest in the changing of the guard in GA as Concorde Fire is now a top twelve team in the nation in my book. They have beaten GSA Pheonix two times in a row now that I know of so they will be a very strong team to beat.

CASL is still very strong...although they don't have the scoring punch they have had in the past. Interstingly, there UNC commit, seems to keep getting herself in her coaches dog house. Wondering if there is an attitude issue there.

Perhaps our friends with Sting are peaking again at the right time after a tough ECNL season and will again show themselves to be the team to beat.

Should be interesting next three days.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 20/06/11, 12:27 pm

scores from today's quarterfinals:

Concorde Fire South Elite (GA) (SC) BUSA 95 ECNL (AL) (SC) Final 1–2
Sting 95 (TX-N) (SC) GSA 95 Phoenix Red (GA) (PLE1) Final 1–0
Hurricane FC 95 Shubert (OK) (SC) Lonestars 95 Red (TX-S) (SC) Final 2–0
94 CASL Spartan Elite Black (NC) (SC) NWA Lightning Strikers (AR) (SC) Final 4–0

BUSA over Concorde Fire is probably the only surprise in the scores. Lonestars held tough to a 0-0 halftime score but two quick goals in early part of second half doomed their changes against an obviously improved Hurrican FC club since the last time we faced them.

Sting held court so they are last TX team with chance to win nationals through the regionals. Of course, Unc would be quick to point out the Texans already have their ticket punched again through National League.

So...good luck to two remaining TX teams for what will be for many of us...the last USYS National Championship run.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 21/06/11, 03:37 pm

Hurricane vs. Sting rematch for Souther Regional Finals tomorrow. Sting beat Hurricane in Regional finals last year on their way to the USYS & ECNL National Championships! But, Hurricane has not lost a game since...including a 2-0 win over Sting in Premier League. What's more...they went the entire Premier League Season without giving up a single goal (they scored 40)!

Hard to say who should be the favorite given the above information...but boy would I love to be in Murfreesboro still watching it.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 21/06/11, 04:05 pm

Go Sting...

The common opponent of Sting and Hurricane was BUSA; Sting won in Group play 2-0 and Hurricane in Semi 1-0.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 21/06/11, 11:55 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:Hurricane vs. Sting rematch for Souther Regional Finals tomorrow. Sting beat Hurricane in Regional finals last year on their way to the USYS & ECNL National Championships! But, Hurricane has not lost a game since...including a 2-0 win over Sting in Premier League. What's more...they went the entire Premier League Season without giving up a single goal (they scored 40)!

Hard to say who should be the favorite given the above information...but boy would I love to be in Murfreesboro still watching it.

I am pulling for Sting but 40-0 goal difference is quite and achievement in the Premier League. Well done ladies!
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 22/06/11, 01:52 pm

u95g dad wrote:
ChelseaFan wrote:Hurricane vs. Sting rematch for Souther Regional Finals tomorrow. Sting beat Hurricane in Regional finals last year on their way to the USYS & ECNL National Championships! But, Hurricane has not lost a game since...including a 2-0 win over Sting in Premier League. What's more...they went the entire Premier League Season without giving up a single goal (they scored 40)!

I am pulling for Sting but 40-0 goal difference is quite and achievement in the Premier League. Well done ladies!

Just heard that Hurricane 1- 0 over Sting 95, final. Can anyone confirm?
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 22/06/11, 01:58 pm

Hurricane win 1-0 over Sting. confirmed
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster