North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular Empty Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular

Post by yellowcard5 11/10/11, 09:54 am

This is a guide to help the new parents of NTX Academy. Please feel free to add to the list at any time should you think something needs to be added.

"opponents goalkeeper was unbelievable" - your teams sucks. The only reason we didn't get the result we wanted was because your goalkeeper saved all those shots going to the top corner of the net. It has nothing to do with the fact that 90% of them were straight at him/her.

"broken arm" - same as every day life. However, if one of our players didn't have one, we would have got the result we wanted.

"we try to play the right way" - our team is not as athletic as the one we just played, which is the reason we didn't get the result we wanted.

"snarl" - i can't believe the opponents had some competitive girls on the other team, but we don't care becuase we play soccer the right way.

"tie" - the result of the game last weekend. However, the other teams goalkeeper was unbelievable, our midfielder had a broken arm and there was at least one girl that played with a snarl on her face.

big, tall girl" - the opposing player that is faster, more aggressive and more athletic than the players on our team.

"we play with skill" - our girls are not very athletic so even though we didn't get the result we wanted, the skill on display was great.

"results don't matter in Academy soccer" - this only comes into play when we don't get the result we wanted.

"dominate" - a word used to describe how much better our team played than yours. However, in its most often used connotation in Academy soccer it typically speaks to how we dominated, even though we didn't get the result we wanted.

"they play dirty" - used to describe an awkward tackle (imagine that in Academy girls soccer) where an opposing player either cries for Mommy or must have everyone take a knee. Any kid that might be more agressive than your child might be considered a dirty player.

"we played our subs" - our starters are so good, but since we are all about development our coach insists on giving all these 7 year olds playing time. Well, the subs suck and they are the reason we didn't get the result we wanted.

"iv'e been involved in soccer for years" - the first sign that your are probably misguided. A club team state championship or varsity soccer as well as coaching your little kids U4 rec team are the very reasons you need to keep your mouth shut. A parent that has never seen a soccer ball is better than having the "ive been involved in soccer for years" parent around. There are very, very, very few exceptions for this rule.

"that team plays kickball" - our defenders are so slow and their big, tall girl is so fast all they need to do is get it up to that girl and she scores. In real world soccer terms it is call playing the ball in behind the defenders.

"thug" - we thought we had the biggest, baddest 7 year old in DFW. Where in the world did you find someone meaner?

Last edited by yellowcard5 on 11/10/11, 05:33 pm; edited 7 times in total

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular Empty Re: Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular

Post by Shelby427 11/10/11, 10:02 am

You wouldn't be directing this to any particular group of parents or a particular team now would you? LOL

I got one...

"The grass was too tall" - We lost the game.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular Empty Re: Newbie guide to understanding the NTX Academy vernacular

Post by yellowcard5 11/10/11, 10:14 am

Honestly, you could interpret this as pointing to one team or another, but that is not actually the case.

We have heard things like this from almost all groups...I just want to help the new parents that are making their way through Academy soccer.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 11/10/11, 10:54 am

My vote for post of the year.

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 11/10/11, 11:52 am

Don't forget "dominate" - I read a thread where two self-proclaimed unbiased observers each had the other team "dominating" the match. Nothing like objectivity Laughing
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4ever 11/10/11, 12:00 pm

Another more recent one...

"Ahead of the Pack" - Our team plays up, even though we have not beaten the top teams in our age group, we are still better!

soccer4ever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/10/11, 12:17 pm

cheers Love it. One of my favorite post
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 11/10/11, 12:42 pm

"They play dirty" - Their big tall girl got past our big tall girl.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 11/10/11, 12:56 pm

JeffM wrote:"They play dirty" - Their big tall girl got past our big tall girl.

I like this one! Laughing

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDD 11/10/11, 12:58 pm

"We played our subs" - Our coach threw the game because he put our subs in to get playing time.
"Our goalie sucks" - Please read our ad in the Green Sheet for a new goalie.
"The grass was tall" - Our team is short.
"I have no dog in this fight" - Yes they do.
"In Academy, keeping score isn't important" - Buzz driving is drunk driving.
"I think your DD is Great!" - She is a 2wat.
"We had to bring in guest players" - We couldn't win this game on our own.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 11/10/11, 01:04 pm

"The grass was tall" - Our team is short."

"I think your DD is Great!" - She is a 2wat."

LMAO!!!! Now that's funny!

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 11/10/11, 01:24 pm

I've been playing soccer for years.I'm an over zealous parent who's child has limited skills.

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/10/11, 01:30 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:This is a guide to help the new parents of NTX Academy. Please feel free to add to the list at any time should you think something needs to be added.

"opponents goalkeeper was unbelievable" - your teams sucks. The only reason we didn't get the result we wanted was because your goalkeeper saved all those shots going to the top corner of the net. It has nothing to do with the fact that 90% of them were straight at him/her.

"broken arm" - same as every day life. However, if one of our players didn't have one, we would have got the result we wanted.

"we try to play the right way" - our team is not as athletic as the one we just played, which is the reason we didn't get the result we wanted.

"snarl" - i can't believe the opponents had some competitive girls on the other team, but we don't care becuase we play soccer the right way.

"tie" - the result of the game last weekend. However, the other teams goalkeeper was unbelievable, our midfielder had a broken arm and there was at least one girl that played with a snarl on her face.

big, tall girl - the opposing player that is faster, more aggressive and more athletic than the players on our team.

"we play with skill" - our girls are not very athletic so even though we didn't get the result we wanted, the skill on display was great.

"results don't matter in Academy soccer" - this only comes into play when we don't get the result we wanted.

I have a soccer compadre that has a boy that is the best player on his team. He is often referred to as "that big, tall boy" on the boy's forum. He is in fact the same size as most of the players on his squad. I've wondered if he just plays bigger (not sure what that means) or if the other parents see him as bigger since he is generally the most dangerous player on the pitch every weekend. I wonder if that is the same for some of these "big, tall girls." Hmmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/10/11, 01:47 pm

our team plays up...the coach has handpicked the team and any kid can be replaced if a better kid is found

Back to top Go down

Post by TCUDad 11/10/11, 01:57 pm

"That parent is living through their child" = That kid is way better than my kid and it pisses me off.

"Those kids are going to burn out" = I hope my kid catches up to their level one day.

"There are stll lots of good players in rec" = "My kid still plays rec"

"That team plays kickball" = We got beat by their fast forward

"Rankings are stupid" = My team isn't ranked

TCUDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/10/11, 04:39 pm

[quote="TCUDad"]"That parent is living through their child" = That kid is way better than my kid and it pisses me off.

"Those kids are going to burn out" = I hope my kid catches up to their level one day.

"There are stll lots of good players in rec" = "My kid still plays rec"
"That team plays kickball" = We got beat by their fast forward

]b]"Rankings are stupid"[/b] = My team isn't ranked[/quote]

On an 04 post those three points are hilarious Razz

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay 11/10/11, 05:20 pm

thug = the other team had a player that didnt back off our meanest player
setplay
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 11/10/11, 05:45 pm

Shelby427 wrote:You wouldn't be directing this to any particular group of parents or a particular team now would you? LOL

I got one...

Shelby - DTS parent with an unhealthily obsessive hatred for Dalglish! Do you ever post about ANYTHING else? Sad!
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 11/10/11, 05:50 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:You wouldn't be directing this to any particular group of parents or a particular team now would you? LOL

I got one...

Shelby - DTS parent with an unhealthily obsessive hatred for Dalglish! Do you ever post about ANYTHING else? Sad!

Stay on topic please. You two are not going to ruin a thread that is gaining momentum.

REMEMBER, this is about helping new parents, not about your past spats.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 11/10/11, 06:29 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:

I got one...

Don't be so sensitive. The 98s and the 01s have used it, too, long before DTS and Dalglish were around.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 08:52 am

We were competitive......somehow we didn't get the snot kicked out of us by a better team

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 12/10/11, 10:44 am

I saw some of these on another thread.

Winning shouldn't matter. It should be about development.
Translation: My kids team doesn't win much.

My kids coach is all about development, he doesn't care about winning.
Translation: You are gullible and naive. If your coach finds 3 stud forwards he will take them in a heartbeat and cut your child and win every game he can. He will still work on developing just like most all coaches.

Subs should play equal time as starters.
Translation: my kid is a sub.

That kid will burn out.
Translation: If I pushed my kid that hard she would burn out quickly because she has no Passion.

Soccer parents are the worst.
Translation: My kids don't play any other competetive sports like basketball, football, baseball.

That team wins by playing kickball.
Translation: I can't believe they kicked our ass again.

Some kids that are super stars now won't be when their 15.
Translation: I hope like Hell my kid can turn things around by the time their 15.

That is an overinvolved parent.
Translation: That parent is way more involved and commited than I am. Soccer is disrupting my drinking time.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 12/10/11, 03:20 pm

Razz LOL this is great..... This is just sooooo true.....
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDD 14/10/11, 11:27 am

"I don't ever read the boards" - Like hell you don't...Why are you in the top 10 then?
"My DD loves her coach" - She fears him.
"I've been doing this for 15yrs" - Been eating as well from the looks of it.
"If my DD wants to do something else, I support her" - You haven't talked to your wife have you.
"I find you misfits annoying" - Your wife doesn't let you touch her.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Refmike 14/10/11, 12:16 pm

"Call it both ways" = "Call it our way."
"I saw that U12 boy drive to the game and he looks like he shaved this morning"="I did not see him drive to the game and he is much taller than my kid"
"You can't end the half with a corner kick about to be taken"="We were about to take a corner kick when time ran out".
"She got all ball"="The ambulance will be here soon, it will probably grow back"
"She could not have been offside, I have trained them to never be offside"="Another offside. We should probably learn what that is and practice not being it"
Rm Basketball (That is a handball, by the way)
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next