North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks  Empty The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks

Post by 3ringcircus 05/01/12, 08:50 am

New year new changes at Sting (SS is a new academy coach), Texans (do they have a new coach?), Solar Red (new coach and new name?), Samba (did their players stay or go?) and possibly other new teams makings news?

Are the top teams going to be the same? Last OMK rankings had the top 10 teams as SRSA, DT south, Juventus, Samba, Sting M, FCD Copa, Solar Red, FCDY-East, DT north, and Polaris Where are the top teams going to play? Can SRSA keep hold on to the top spot? What teams will move up or down? Lots more to look forward to

3ringcircus
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks  Empty Re: The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks

Post by deez 05/01/12, 09:32 am

Would anyone like to take a shot at "pre-season rankings." Based on Fall Seasons and Tournaments?? bounce
deez
deez
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks  Empty Re: The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks

Post by Calm Down 05/01/12, 10:05 am

1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Sting scarfone
4 Juve Black
5 Fever Black (I think their gonna make some waves, have a few very skilled players)
6 Sting Mendoza
7 Dallas Texans Davis
8 FC Dallas Copa
9 Polaris Black
10 Solar Red (with srsa players they move up)

Wild Card
Cosmos
Odessey
I haven't seen these teams play but hear their really good so surprise us!!

Last edited by Calm Down on 05/01/12, 03:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pkplayer 05/01/12, 10:12 am

The teams that are playing in PrimeTime TGPL in Richardson are:

Dallas Texans South
FC Dallas-Dowell
Polaris-Curiel
Solar Chelsea Canevari
SRSA
Sting Mendoza
Sting-Scarfone

Awaiting final confirmation from DT-Davis and Juventus

pkplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 05/01/12, 11:11 am

pkplayer wrote:The teams that are playing in PrimeTime TGPL in Richardson are:

Dallas Texans South
FC Dallas-Dowell
Polaris-Curiel
Solar Chelsea Canevari
SRSA
Sting Mendoza
Sting-Scarfone

Awaiting final confirmation from DT-Davis and Juventus

Can you confirm which are playing 11v11 vs 9v9?

Where is Fever??

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/01/12, 01:47 pm

1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Samba Black (that's if all girls stayed)
4 Juve Black
5 Fever Black (I think their gonna make some waves, have a few very skilled players)
6 Sting Mendoza
7 Dallas Texans Davis
8 FC Dallas Copa
9 Polaris Black

From the whispers I have heard I believe you can now refer to Samba Black as Sting Scarfone and keep them ranked at #3.

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 05/01/12, 01:57 pm

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:
1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Samba Black (that's if all girls stayed)
4 Juve Black
6 Sting Mendoza
7 Dallas Texans Davis
8 FC Dallas Copa
9 Polaris Black

From the whispers I have heard I believe you can now refer to Samba Black as Sting Scarfone and keep them ranked at #3.

I heard whispers too, but I hear it was Sting Searls/Scarfone and Samba still had an '03 team. I guess we will see which girls show up on which team.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/01/12, 02:19 pm

I heard whispers too, but I hear it was Sting Searls/Scarfone and Samba still had an '03 team. I guess we will see which girls show up on which team.

My understanding is that the core group of Samba Black (the ones that made that team special) that has been there since Coach Will's time will go (or has already gone) to Sting and play for Coach Skip. I assume Coach Will will be involved because I heard those girls and parents really liked Will and were sad he left last summer.

Samba had a second team (Samba Green) playing in leagues and tournaments since the summer/fall being coached by Frank Colon. I believe Coach Frank is staying and will coach the remaining '03 girls. My understanding is that this sets Samba back to 1 team at the '03 age group and that (if you care for rankings) the remaining team (I guess we call it just plain Samba) might be somewhere between #15 and #20.

Back to top Go down

The spring season is here bringing lots of questions and new looks  Empty Solar Chelsea 03 Canevari

Post by Solar03girls 05/01/12, 02:29 pm

Solar Chelsea '03 Canevari is a new Solar Dallas girls academy team made up of Coach Webb's core Solar Red players and mix of several new players from other teams. We practice at IAD Indoor Facility from 4:30-6 every Mon & Wed during the month of January. In the Spring, we will train Tuesday and Thursday at the same time. Our plan is to play SDL on Saturdays and/ or EAL on Sundays.

We are also looking to round out our roster and need 2-3 players. If interested, please call Coach Ray Canevari at 214.542.6623 with any questions
Solar03girls
Solar03girls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit03 05/01/12, 02:31 pm

So after the top ten teams, who are the next 10-15 teams?

kickit03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 05/01/12, 02:48 pm

Maybe we can get the Power Rankings? Looks like last time they were posted was Week 9 in the Fall .... Ouch?????
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 05/01/12, 05:20 pm

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

My understanding is that the core group of Samba Black (the ones that made that team special) that has been there since Coach Will's time will go (or has already gone) to Sting and play for Coach Skip. I assume Coach Will will be involved because I heard those girls and parents really liked Will and were sad he left last summer.

Samba had a second team (Samba Green) playing in leagues and tournaments since the summer/fall being coached by Frank Colon. I believe Coach Frank is staying and will coach the remaining '03 girls. My understanding is that this sets Samba back to 1 team at the '03 age group and that (if you care for rankings) the remaining team (I guess we call it just plain Samba) might be somewhere between #15 and #20.

Sounds about right. I knew the Samba girls had a great relationship with Will. This will set up Sting to be strong in the '03 bracket. Combine some of the Mendoza team to the Samba girls and you could have a dominate team.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/01/12, 05:31 pm

jj4mel wrote:Sounds about right. I knew the Samba girls had a great relationship with Will. This will set up Sting to be strong in the '03 bracket. Combine some of the Mendoza team to the Samba girls and you could have a dominate team.

I don't know enough about Sting so this is just a question (with no intent to start rumors):

Will Sting use the best from Sting Scarfone and the best from Sting Mendoza to form one team? If so will it be this summer, just before select or not until ECNL?

Or, do they take the best Sting girls from every Sting '03 team? Say 6 from Mendoza, 6 from Scarfone, 2 from Goodman, etc, etc and make the top Sting team at some point?

Back to top Go down

Post by Calm Down 06/01/12, 08:09 am

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:
jj4mel wrote:Sounds about right. I knew the Samba girls had a great relationship with Will. This will set up Sting to be strong in the '03 bracket. Combine some of the Mendoza team to the Samba girls and you could have a dominate team.

I don't know enough about Sting so this is just a question (with no intent to start rumors):

Will Sting use the best from Sting Scarfone and the best from Sting Mendoza to form one team? If so will it be this summer, just before select or not until ECNL?

Or, do they take the best Sting girls from every Sting '03 team? Say 6 from Mendoza, 6 from Scarfone, 2 from Goodman, etc, etc and make the top Sting team at some point?

Building a super team like SRSA did a few years back would be a great idea. I could see Sting jumping over DT South and challenging SRSA for the top spot!

It would be nice to see a change in the ranking Very Happy

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 06/01/12, 06:12 pm

Calm Down wrote:
Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Building a super team like SRSA did a few years back would be a great idea. I could see Sting jumping over DT South and challenging SRSA for the top spot!

I personally could care less about the rankings. They are fun to look at and scrutinize. What will make my DD and her team better will not be due to the rankings. It will be playing against like or better competetion. DTS, SRSA, Samba, Sting and Juve only get better the more they play each other. Win or lose, everyone gets the experience and gets better.

So with that said, I will welcome any super teams that want to challenge the top '03 teams. It will just make this age group stronger and better.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/01/12, 11:10 pm

The 03' are definitely not as deep as the 02' division, but imo the top 03' move the ball around alot better than the top 02' teams IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 07/01/12, 11:26 am

jj4mel wrote:
Calm Down wrote:
Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

I personally could care less about the rankings. They are fun to look at and scrutinize. What will make my DD and her team better will not be due to the rankings. It will be playing against like or better competetion. DTS, SRSA, Samba, Sting and Juve only get better the more they play each other. Win or lose, everyone gets the experience and gets better.

So with that said, I will welcome any super teams that want to challenge the top '03 teams. It will just make this age group stronger and better.

JJ - Interesting that you say that. I find it odd that SRSA joined the Winter Classic 03 age group last minute, playing against teams definitely below Top 10 rankings. I thought SRSA was looking for better competition? In the past, they typically play 11v11 and play up? Why the change?

Regardless, we like it and agree that experience is what's key. It gives us a good opportunity now to play higher ranked teams. It gives other teams the opportunity to play tougher competition that we normally would not see. Thanks for the opportunity.

Girls U9
FC DALLAS EAST (Texas North)
SOLAR SRSA '03G (Texas North)
SOLAR CHELSEA BLUE 03 GIRLS (Texas North)
AYSES '03 GIRLS GOLD (Texas North)
AFC 03 BLACK (Texas North)

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 07/01/12, 01:36 pm

Joe scafone wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
Calm Down wrote:
Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

JJ - Interesting that you say that. I find it odd that SRSA joined the Winter Classic 03 age group last minute, playing against teams definitely below Top 10 rankings. I thought SRSA was looking for better competition? In the past, they typically play 11v11 and play up? Why the change?

Regardless, we like it and agree that experience is what's key. It gives us a good opportunity now to play higher ranked teams. It gives other teams the opportunity to play tougher competition that we normally would not see. Thanks for the opportunity.

Girls U9
FC DALLAS EAST (Texas North)
SOLAR SRSA '03G (Texas North)
SOLAR CHELSEA BLUE 03 GIRLS (Texas North)
AYSES '03 GIRLS GOLD (Texas North)
AFC 03 BLACK (Texas North)

Can't blame SRSA for the lack of teams playing. Tourney owed our team some funds from last season so we entered. '02 is full and tourney would not allow us to play boys. So I guess you are stuck with us Joe!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mackgee 09/01/12, 09:42 am

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Let me clarify a bit about Samba, since my daughter plays for them I'm well aware of their situation. Thanks to the hard work of the team manager, coach Frank, and the parents, "The ones that made the team special" from Will's time are still on Samba Black, and only a couple girls left to play with Coach Skip. Your assumption that there will only be one Samba team is also incorrect, there will still be a Black and Green team. Rank us where you would like, but looking at the talent on the roster, they will be at least as good, if not better than the fall...
mackgee
mackgee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/01/12, 12:26 pm

mackgee wrote:Let me clarify a bit about Samba, since my daughter plays for them I'm well aware of their situation. Thanks to the hard work of the team manager, coach Frank, and the parents, "The ones that made the team special" from Will's time are still on Samba Black, and only a couple girls left to play with Coach Skip. Your assumption that there will only be one Samba team is also incorrect, there will still be a Black and Green team. Rank us where you would like, but looking at the talent on the roster, they will be at least as good, if not better than the fall...

No disrespect intended with any of my comments. I have pulled for the D'Feeters since my niece played for them until she went off to college. I am glad to hear that the team will be strong and that they still have the numbers to have a Black and a Green team because I know their goal is to develop multiple teams at each age group.

With that said, I hear that at least 6 girls have confirmed that they are moving to Sting. I have also heard that 8 girls have decided to go. Whether it is 6 or 8 it is more than a couple.

Additionally, Coach Will left late last spring/early summer? By the end of the summer 3 girls left Samba for SRSA/Solar Red. If 8 more go now I think that takes care of all (or almost all) of the girls that significantly contributed to the Samba '03 team that existed a year ago.

As for rankings- they don't matter. Soccer at this age should be about development and fun. However, I was speaking the language of this forum and to say the remaining Samba team would not be a top 10 team I am putting it into terms posters on this site can relate to. I hope they do very well together and in the end everything is proven on the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by mackgee 09/01/12, 04:33 pm

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:
mackgee wrote:Let me clarify a bit about Samba, since my daughter plays for them I'm well aware of their situation. Thanks to the hard work of the team manager, coach Frank, and the parents, "The ones that made the team special" from Will's time are still on Samba Black, and only a couple girls left to play with Coach Skip. Your assumption that there will only be one Samba team is also incorrect, there will still be a Black and Green team. Rank us where you would like, but looking at the talent on the roster, they will be at least as good, if not better than the fall...

No disrespect intended with any of my comments. I have pulled for the D'Feeters since my niece played for them until she went off to college. I am glad to hear that the team will be strong and that they still have the numbers to have a Black and a Green team because I know their goal is to develop multiple teams at each age group.

With that said, I hear that at least 6 girls have confirmed that they are moving to Sting. I have also heard that 8 girls have decided to go. Whether it is 6 or 8 it is more than a couple.

Additionally, Coach Will left late last spring/early summer? By the end of the summer 3 girls left Samba for SRSA/Solar Red. If 8 more go now I think that takes care of all (or almost all) of the girls that significantly contributed to the Samba '03 team that existed a year ago.

As for rankings- they don't matter. Soccer at this age should be about development and fun. However, I was speaking the language of this forum and to say the remaining Samba team would not be a top 10 team I am putting it into terms posters on this site can relate to. I hope they do very well together and in the end everything is proven on the field.

No disrespect taken, I just wanted to clear things up a little. The numbers of 6 & 8 are high, actually is only 3-4, so yes more than a couple but less than what you heard. And don't be surprised if you see a summer departure or two return now that coach Skip has moved on. Agreed rankings don't matter as Samba will field both Black and Green teams in both GOLD and SILVER leagues respectively.
mackgee
mackgee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 09/01/12, 04:34 pm

Calm Down wrote:1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Sting scarfone
4 Juve Black
6 Sting Mendoza
7 Dallas Texans Sting - Davis
8 FC Dallas Copa
9 Polaris Black

Wild Card
Cosmos
Odessey
I haven't seen these teams play but hear their really good so surprise us!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/01/12, 05:00 pm

Lots of movement to Sting this season. I wonder what the Texans are going to do in the 03 age group to replace them. From the looks of it they don't have many top 03 teams so I'm sure that's something they are going to address, knowing the way they work.

I assume that the majority of the team is going with Davis over to Sting West?

Should make for an interesting spring season.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 09/01/12, 05:44 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Lots of movement to Sting this season. I wonder what the Texans are going to do in the 03 age group to replace them. From the looks of it they don't have many top 03 teams so I'm sure that's something they are going to address, knowing the way they work.

I assume that the majority of the team is going with Davis over to Sting West?

Should make for an interesting spring season.

DT South is the top '03 Texans team.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 10/01/12, 08:59 am

Hence the word "many" top 03 teams Smile

I've watched DT South play multiple times and they are without question one of the top 03 teams (#2 in my book behind SRSA but it's close).

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next