North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Spring Futsal or Indoor Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Spring Futsal or Indoor

Go down

Is your team doing a second league?

Spring Futsal or Indoor Vote_lcap70%Spring Futsal or Indoor Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Spring Futsal or Indoor Vote_lcap30%Spring Futsal or Indoor Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Spring Futsal or Indoor Empty Spring Futsal or Indoor

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 08:20 am

Are any teams looking to do a second league and if so where?

Back to top Go down

Spring Futsal or Indoor Empty Re: Spring Futsal or Indoor

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 08:51 am

Options...

Blue Sky Facilities (Futsal or Indoor)

City Futsal at IAD

Sportsplex Futsal

Soccer Spectrum Indoor

Sole Role Indoor

any others???

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 23/01/12, 09:14 am

I prefer futsal for my DD. From now on I'm gonna stick to the City Futsal group. They have tons of experience. I like the fun atmospher with the music playing in the background and the way they encourage the use of foot skills. We ve had some issues at Sportplex this past season with their refs not knowing the rules so we will not be returning next season.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 09:19 am

City Futsal is a top notch group. Nothing but great things to say about them.

I know Sportsplex had the larger number of teams playing futsal there this winter. Would be great to know those teams were moving to IAD to add to the group currently there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larrythesoccerguy 23/01/12, 10:04 am

bigheadpena wrote:I prefer futsal for my DD. From now on I'm gonna stick to the City Futsal group. They have tons of experience. I like the fun atmospher with the music playing in the background and the way they encourage the use of foot skills. We ve had some issues at Sportplex this past season with their refs not knowing the rules so we will not be returning next season.

Our team will not be returning to Sportsplex either. Refs didn't know the rules and many games got out of control due to rough play. It wasn't a good environment to develop foot skills. Looks like we will give City Futsal a try.

Larrythesoccerguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 23/01/12, 10:09 am

City Futsol is much better than Sportsplex. However - I would still like for the games to be called A LOT tighter. We had someone get slide tackled yesterday. Evil or Very Mad All the ref did was tell ALL the girls to stay on their feet. She should have been tossed.

The game is about foot skills.

Last edited by imabee on 23/01/12, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 10:18 am

If I could ask... Are these all 05 team experiences we are talking about? Regardless of age its good to know of the experience that was had, and doesn't sound good so far at one of the places.

Anyone that is doing PSA futsal have any input? I know they have a combined 05 and 04 league.

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 23/01/12, 10:23 am

Sorry - my experience is not with 05 but 01. I do have an 05 though. My 05 will play futsol instead of indoor.

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 10:28 am

Its good to know the experience had regardless of the age group, but I was curious. Im a believer that 05s should not even be attempting a slide tackle regardless of the game being played. The skill and body control is not there and risk more harm then good to themself and the player being tackled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 03:41 pm

Scratch PSA futsal from that list of options. Will not be offered again until summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 23/01/12, 05:05 pm

bigheadpena wrote:I prefer futsal for my DD. From now on I'm gonna stick to the City Futsal group. They have tons of experience. I like the fun atmospher with the music playing in the background and the way they encourage the use of foot skills. We ve had some issues at Sportplex this past season with their refs not knowing the rules so we will not be returning next season.

For City Futsal, what are the dates for the Spring season? Are the games on Saturday? Website doesn't have these details yet.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 05:07 pm

I actually heard from Esteban today that spring will be starting in March, info would be posted soon on their site.

Those guys run a fine program. My DD is loving the skills sessions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/01/12, 08:45 am

So all that are opting for futsal will be at City Futsal?

Anyone care to get a list going like the great one that was done for Spring Outdoor? Shoot me a PM and I don't mind slapping one together.

Back to top Go down

Post by DTexansMoreno 25/01/12, 12:28 pm

We did winter futsal at IAD with City Futsal - I wish more of you guys had entered! I warned you about Sportsplex! Wink But seriously, the City Futsal guys are great.

I plan to get my 05s and my 02s in the spring league.

Federico told me this weekend that the spring league would start the first weekend of March. They have IAD confirmed for Fridays and Sundays, and are looking for another location for Saturdays. I told him most 05s play on Sundays, so Saturdays might be better for futsal. We shall see!!

Thanks,
Becca Moreno
Dallas Texans 02 Moreno
Dallas Texans 05 Moreno
DTexansMoreno
DTexansMoreno
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 25/01/12, 12:48 pm

Androfan wrote:I actually heard from Esteban today that spring will be starting in March, info would be posted soon on their site.

Those guys run a fine program. My DD is loving the skills sessions.

Just checked out their website. Are you finding the skills sessions worth the $25/hr? Seems a little steep for an hour of group skills. My DD hasn't played futsal before, but I've heard nothing but GREAT things about it. My guess is that she'd love it.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/01/12, 12:57 pm

Yes, I find it very worth it. My DD has a ball at her feet nearly every moment of the session. Its a small group, biggest we have had is 6, and it rarely only goes an hour. Something else to consider is that part of that cost is for facilities. Arguably one of the best in the metroplex.

And after the first touch left footed ripper I saw her lay down last weekend I would say its helping! Bout spit my coke on the crazy mom in front of me when she did it. cheers

I would recommend them to anyone looking for something different, high energy, and fun. I will add that they will be offering something different come March, I'm not letting the cat out of the bag yet, but watch their site, should be interesting!

Last edited by Androfan on 25/01/12, 02:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 25/01/12, 01:05 pm

Androfan wrote:Yes, I find it very worth it. My DD has a ball at her feet nearly every moment of the session. Its a small group, biggest we have had is 6, and it rarely only goes an hour.

And after the first touch left footed ripper I saw her lay down last weekend I would say its helping! Bout spit my coke on the crazy mom in front of me when she did it. cheers

I would recommend them to anyone looking for something different, high energy, and fun. I will add that they will be offering something different come March, I'm not letting the cat out of the bag yet, but watch their site, should be interesting!

lol!
There's at least one at every game!

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 25/01/12, 01:30 pm

Larrythesoccerguy wrote:

Our team will not be returning to Sportsplex either. Refs didn't know the rules and many games got out of control due to rough play. It wasn't a good environment to develop foot skills. Looks like we will give City Futsal a try.
I'd like to state for the record that I've never started a fight at Sportsplex.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 07/02/12, 09:33 am

Androfan wrote:Yes, I find it very worth it. My DD has a ball at her feet nearly every moment of the session. Its a small group, biggest we have had is 6, and it rarely only goes an hour. Something else to consider is that part of that cost is for facilities. Arguably one of the best in the metroplex.

Looks like the skills on Friday has stopped for now for 05s. Any insight to when they'll start up again? Open shooting skills is also only open to 99-02s.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/12, 09:37 am

They haven't stopped. We were just there last Friday and will be there again this Friday. I know I'm paid up thru the end of the month. Very Happy

Did you speak to Esteban? Shoot me a PM if you are interested in bringing your DD out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 07/02/12, 10:55 am

Androfan wrote:They haven't stopped. We were just there last Friday and will be there again this Friday. I know I'm paid up thru the end of the month. Very Happy

Did you speak to Esteban? Shoot me a PM if you are interested in bringing your DD out.

Didn't contact anyone yet. I just looked at the schedule on the website and figured i'd ask the experts on here. Smile
It use to show open skills on Friday, but now just shows shooting.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlsSoccerDad 07/02/12, 09:15 pm

DTexansMoreno wrote:We did winter futsal at IAD with City Futsal - I wish more of you guys had entered! I warned you about Sportsplex! Wink But seriously, the City Futsal guys are great.

I plan to get my 05s and my 02s in the spring league.

Federico told me this weekend that the spring league would start the first weekend of March. They have IAD confirmed for Fridays and Sundays, and are looking for another location for Saturdays. I told him most 05s play on Sundays, so Saturdays might be better for futsal. We shall see!!

Thanks,
Becca Moreno
Dallas Texans 02 Moreno
Dallas Texans 05 Moreno

Do you know if they will do a pick up/open day for 05's like they do for the 02's? We are in Keller, and I would love to bring my 05 out (and 02 if she has time) but her club coach doesn't plan on anything other than Primetime and I would like her to get more time on the ball.

GirlsSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum