North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions??? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions???

Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions??? Empty Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions???

Post by Interpreter 30/01/12, 08:59 am

Here's the Gold Divison Brackets. Anyone willing to take a stab at it? Who will play in the finals? Seems like this will be a pretty good tourney. Rain in the forecast for this weekend though.

Bracket A
DT South Adames
Liverpool Whelan
Liverpool 04 RASE Elite FKA Dalglish
TX Spirit Jrs 03

Bracket B
AFC Black 03
Juventus Black 03
Liverpool St. John
Sting West Davis

Bracket C
Liverpool 03 Dalglish
Liverpool Keegan
Sting East 03 Gutierrez
TFC 03 Larry

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions??? Empty Re: Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions???

Post by thiescj 30/01/12, 09:45 am

Interpreter wrote:
Here's the Gold Divison Brackets. Anyone willing to take a stab at it? Who will play in the finals? Seems like this will be a pretty good tourney. Rain in the forecast for this weekend though.

Bracket A
DT South Adames
Liverpool Whelan
Liverpool 04 RASE Elite FKA Dalglish
TX Spirit Jrs 03

Bracket B
AFC Black 03
Juventus Black 03
Liverpool St. John
Sting West Davis

Bracket C
Liverpool 03 Dalglish
Liverpool Keegan
Sting East 03 Gutierrez
TFC 03 Larry

I will take a stab at it even though my knowledge of the '03 group isn't where others might be yet.

Bracket A Winner: DT South Adames
Bracket B Winner: Juventus Black
Bracket C Winner: Liverpool Keegan
Wildcard Winner: Sting West Davis

Semis:

Juventus over Keegan
DT South over Sting West

Final:

DT South over Juventus
thiescj
thiescj
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions??? Empty Gold predictions

Post by MaskedWriter 30/01/12, 10:56 am

Looks like schedules have been pulled?

Last edited by MaskedWriter on 30/01/12, 05:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions??? Empty Re: Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions???

Post by GrandTXSoccer 30/01/12, 01:34 pm

Since I don't know many of the teams I'm going to just go out on a limb and make my guesses.

Bracket A: DT South
Bracket B: Juventus (although Davis has a good shot)
Bracket C: Sting East (Never seen them play, heck never even heard of them but with all the movement heading over to Sting I'm going to just take a wild guess and say they are going to be good).

Wildcard: Sting West Davis

Semi 1: DT South over Davis
Semi 2: Juventus over Sting East

Final DT South over Juventus

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by newtontsoccer 03/02/12, 09:39 am

Since I don't know many of the teams I'm going to just go out on a limb and make my guesses.

Bracket C: Sting East (Never seen them play, heck never even heard of them but with all the movement heading over to Sting I'm going to just take a wild guess and say they are going to be good).

I hear that Juentus has had a lot of turnover on thier top team, I would like to hold judgement on them till after we see them play as a group

so I say
Bracket B: Sting Davis
Bracket C: Sting East

Wildcard :Juventus

DT South over Sting East in finals

newtontsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 03/02/12, 11:11 am

newtontsoccer wrote:Since I don't know many of the teams I'm going to just go out on a limb and make my guesses.

I hear that Juentus has had a lot of turnover on thier top team, I would like to hold judgement on them till after we see them play as a group

so I say
Bracket B: Sting Davis
Bracket C: Sting East

Wildcard :Juventus

DT South over Sting East in finals

Interesting Newtontsoccer, and where exactly did you hear that?
If by turnover you mean we've added some new talent to our roster, then this is a true statement because we haven't lost any.
The same group that played Primetime TGPL is still there with a few additions.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 06/02/12, 10:00 am

Went out yesterday to watch the championship game in this bracket, thought it was going to be DT South vs Juv. but instead it was DTS vs LP Daglish.

Fun game to watch. Ended up going to OT, with DTS scoring twice in OT, the first one was off a couple of nice passes that they worked to perfection, the second one was off a breakaway late in the 2nd 5 min OT period when LP looked to have pushed most everyone up to try to score, the girl made a nice move and then place a great shot right under the bar where no one could stop it. DTS scored on a free kick with about 8 minutes left in the game to force OT as Daglish had scored earlier on a breakaway.

DTS looked really good and controlled most of the game but the LP Daglish team is a scrappy little bunch. From what their coach said after the game I think they'd only been together for about 3 or 4 months so that was pretty impressive to actually have a lead on DTS late in the game. Impressive by DTS not to panic and just keep playing and putting pressure and eventually it paid off.

Both teams should be proud, really was a fun game to watch. What was even better is there were no tears after the game, seems like both teams were actually just enjoying playing which nowadays seems to be forgotten by some folks.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 06/02/12, 10:05 am

Thanks for the update Grandtxsoccer. Sounds like LP will be a team to deal with in the future. Taking DTS to OT is a big statement in my opinion.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/12, 10:45 am

Great game! I think the top Liverpool teams will become more of a force this year. The 04 team also did great from what I heard against DT South, just a 2-0 loss against that team is a real success. Don't know why they fell apart later? The 03 team has some real physical
Players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/12, 11:10 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Went out yesterday to watch the championship game in this bracket, thought it was going to be DT South vs Juv. but instead it was DTS vs LP Daglish.

Fun game to watch. Ended up going to OT, with DTS scoring twice in OT, the first one was off a couple of nice passes that they worked to perfection, the second one was off a breakaway late in the 2nd 5 min OT period when LP looked to have pushed most everyone up to try to score, the girl made a nice move and then place a great shot right under the bar where no one could stop it. DTS scored on a free kick with about 8 minutes left in the game to force OT as Daglish had scored earlier on a breakaway.

DTS looked really good and controlled most of the game but the LP Daglish team is a scrappy little bunch. From what their coach said after the game I think they'd only been together for about 3 or 4 months so that was pretty impressive to actually have a lead on DTS late in the game. Impressive by DTS not to panic and just keep playing and putting pressure and eventually it paid off.

Both teams should be proud, really was a fun game to watch. What was even better is there were no tears after the game, seems like both teams were actually just enjoying playing which nowadays seems to be forgotten by some folks.
Sounds like a fun game played in the right atmosphere. The LP team seems to be very well coached tactically and almost got another major scalp after beating Juventus in the semi. I think this is the same LP team that won the Xara Winter Cup last weekend versus 04 School of Excellence team.
LW jumped into this 03 age group a few months back and already has turned this new team into a competitor. Saw a lot of Texans coaches talking to him over weekend - heard he is being pulled back hard !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/12, 11:21 am

Wouldn't be surprised, just look at the growth Liverpool have had over the last year. LW has been at the center of that. Why did he leave Texans anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by footballer 06/02/12, 01:45 pm

Was the GK for LP the same one from Solar Red? Did she jump ship? Is the mighty SRSA falling apart as everyone predicted a while back? It always starts with 1, then befor you know it all of the top kids leave.

footballer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 06/02/12, 03:22 pm

footballer wrote:Was the GK for LP the same one from Solar Red? Did she jump ship? Is the mighty SRSA falling apart as everyone predicted a while back? It always starts with 1, then befor you know it all of the top kids leave.

Funny footballer. No worries. SRSA is strong and ready to play with the same roster we ended the season with. Including our goalie.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03 Gold Predictions??? Empty LP 03 Dalglish

Post by Interpreter 06/02/12, 03:45 pm

Heard Liverpool had a player assessment of some sort and took the best players
off each their 03 teams to form the 03 Dalglish team or at least add to the ones
already on that team. Is there any truth to that or is that just a new rumor? If that's
the case, that explains a lot. They were very competitive this past weekend & gave
both Juve & DTS great games. The parents should be very proud of their DD's.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/02/12, 11:11 am

Interpreter - From what I heard the other day at the tournament the 03 Daglish team is essentially the old 03' Aldridge team with a few new players that came on the team about 3 or 4 months ago from some other club. If I'm wrong I apologize, I'm learning quite quickly that any comment about a team that isn't correct is met with an almost immediate response Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit03 09/02/12, 01:24 pm

I saw them play in the Xara winter cup. they are a very goot team. It says alot that in the last two tournaments they have only lost twice(DT South & DT FW) and placed first and second. Good team.

kickit03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down