North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun

Go down

March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun Empty March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun

Post by BumpyPitch 06/03/12, 10:49 am

Top teams and why? cheers
Teams on the rise and why?
Teams on the decline and why?
Biggest surprise team?
Best league based on competition?
Best uniform kits?
Team parents with best sideline manners? Smile
Craziest sideline parents? affraid
Top offensive teams?
Top defensive teams?
Best part of academy soccer?
Worst part of academy soccer?
Which club has the highest fees?
What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for our girls?
Excluding your team, which team could you see your dd playing with and why? scratch
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun Empty Re: March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun

Post by Im_New 06/03/12, 02:35 pm

IMO:
Surprise Team or team in the rise: DT FTW

Im_New
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun Empty Re: March Madness Mid-Season Report - Just for Fun

Post by GrandTXSoccer 06/03/12, 03:11 pm

Just curious, why DT FTW? I haven't seen them play that I know of so they very well might be on the rise. More just curious as to why you picked them.

Best league is TGPL, even if you took out SRSA it would still be the top league. Lot's of good teams, heck when the last place team could be playing in a few of the other leagues and be fighting for the league lead then you know you have some talented teams.

Personally haven't seen enough of any of the teams to know who is on the rise and who isn't. However there are so many new teams in the 03 age group there are a ton of teams on the rise so to speak.

Best part about Academy soccer: The kids
Worst part about Academy soccer: The parents Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy4Academy 06/03/12, 03:26 pm

Top teams and why? SRSA and DT South
Teams on the rise and why? LP Daglish and FC Dallas Premier - both teams are playing good soccer right now

Biggest surprise team? LP Daglish - playing great soccer right now
Best league based on competition? TGPL
Best uniform kits? I am bummed that no one is wearing hot pink jerseys flower
Team parents with best sideline manners? None of them
Craziest sideline parents? Probably my team Laughing
Top offensive teams? SRSA
Top defensive teams? DT South
Best part of academy soccer? kids
Worst part of academy soccer? PARENTS!!!!!
Which club has the highest fees? Don't know. I think we are all paying too much.

Crazy4Academy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 06/03/12, 03:32 pm

Top teams and why? SRSA, because I am a homer.
Teams on the rise and why? My team on the rise is FCD Premier. For some reason when I watch this team I get the feeling that they just get it. Can't put my finger on it. Keep this team together and by Summer they may be a top contender.
Teams on the decline and why? Juventus. Trying to get it together with new players on the team? I hope so. Fun team to watch and play against.
Biggest surprise team? Fever Black. Probably not a surprise team. They have great talent.
Best uniform kits? SRSA. Who doesn't love Carolina Blue??
Team parents with best sideline manners? No such thing!!
Craziest sideline parents? Any team that has beaten SRSA. The crowds go wild!!
Best part of academy soccer? The kids and the families. I have made many good friends.
Worst part of academy soccer? txsoccer.net Made too many frienemies.
Which club has the highest fees? Not sure.
What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for our girls? I would pay a higher fee to obtain better refs.
Excluding your team, which team could you see your dd playing with and why? I honestly think the only reason why my DD still plays soccer is because of her coach and her friends on this team. Some of the girls she has played with since 4. Without them she would be playing bball full time.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goalpatrol 06/03/12, 05:51 pm

Top teams and why? SRSA, because they play way ahead of their age group
Teams on the rise and why? All of them, with hard work, having fun and continue to play and everyone will improve.
Teams on the decline and why? Any team that is not having fun, teams with destructive parents and coaches that don't care.
Biggest surprise team? Cosmos, admire the ability to lose bad to one top team and then come back to compete the next week - resiliency at its finest!
Best league based on competition? Primetime, where all the top teams play
Best uniform kits? SRSA, love the sky blue.
Team parents with best sideline manners? None of them
Craziest sideline parents? All of them
Best part of academy soccer? No contracts, kids can play and find the right team.
Worst part of academy soccer? Too many leagues, leagues are diluted
Which club has the highest fees? most are from $85.00-$100.00/month
What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for our girls? Tactical ability across the board needs improvement, team play could be better. Kick and run, aka the "Texas Dump" needs to be eliminated now.
Excluding your team, which team could you see your dd playing with and why? Can't see any other team, but the one she is on. She is getting all she needs.
goalpatrol
goalpatrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 06/03/12, 08:44 pm

Top teams and why?
IMO
TGPL – SRSA
PCTL – Fever Black
SDL – Juventus
EAL – Liverpool Dalglish
DIAL - ???

OK – Lets have a round robing playoff – now that would be fun – top team from each league in a tourney at the end of the season…J

Teams on the rise and why? Liverpool organization – most organized, most communicative, most programs…

Teams on the decline and why? – Teams are too young to judge this

Biggest surprise team? Sting Mendoza – play multiple leagues and does well. This team could merge with Scarfone and be a powerhouse – that of SRSA with a year of work.

Best league based on competition? Primetime – every game is mostly competitive.

Best uniform kits? – ahhhh – come on, they are all crap – I would love to see some creativity – all teams look like rec with bigger numbers and bling is a name on the back…

Team parents with best sideline manners? Ha – depends if you are winning or losing….

Craziest sideline parents? Ha – depends if you are winning or losing….

Top offensive teams? SRSA hands down – the offensive could put many high school teams over 50%

Top defensive teams? DTS – solid for sure – not much being scored.

Best part of academy soccer? Being able to sample and play multiple teams.

Worst part of academy soccer? Pressure to commit early – coaches get too wrapped up in keeping what they have rather than breeding an environment of learning and being confident of their style and philosophy.

Which club has the highest fees???? Not a concern – we are all here to pay for better coaches and soccer.

What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for our girls? Multi team events / bonding opportunities – other than soccer. It is OK to like and know your competition. You might just play with them some time in the future.

Excluding your team, which team could you see your dd playing with and why? IT’S ACADEMY!!! – go play for multiple teams!!!!!!!!!! Just do it – you only have a limited time – test the waters, test the coaches, let your DD have fun and accept change and learn how to meet new people – ITS OK – it will benefit them in all aspects of their life FOREVER…
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by angrydog 06/03/12, 10:07 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:Top teams and why? cheers
Teams on the rise and why?
Teams on the decline and why?
Biggest surprise team?
Best league based on competition?
Best uniform kits?
Team parents with best sideline manners? Smile
Craziest sideline parents? affraid
Top offensive teams?
Top defensive teams?
Best part of academy soccer?
Worst part of academy soccer?
Which club has the highest fees?
What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for our girls?
Excluding your team, which team could you see your dd playing with and why? scratch

Best teams: 1) SRSA duh... Have you seen them play?
2) tie Sting Scarfone and DT South... Tie game on Saturday

Biggest Surprise teams: Liverpool Dalglish, GSSC, and Ft Worth Texans

Best Uniforms: Those NOT made in China. You knows the royal blue ones. No names mentioned.

What to do to make Academy Better: Take my muzzles and use them on some of the parents.
angrydog
angrydog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/03/12, 10:18 pm

i am a longtime poster in cognito.......

"What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for our girls?"

get rid the of the absolute patheticness of ranking kids in academy 03, 04 05 and the over emphasis on winning

academy is for skill development and the parents turn it into all about winning. top team? lmao, half theses girls will be somewhere else in two years. ever ask a top team coach what the purpose of a top 7 or 8 year old team is? uh, uh, stammering etc. stop equating winning with development at this age. these top teams have been cherry picked. can the coach build the team developmentally or is it just a never ending talent search? your DD deserves better. find someone who can develop her and doesn't really care about their power rankings for 7, 8, 9 year olds.................

Back to top Go down

Post by hottestsoccermominDFW 06/03/12, 10:29 pm

silentparent wrote:i am a longtime poster in cognito.......

get rid the of the absolute patheticness of ranking kids in academy 03, 04 05 and the over emphasis on winning

academy is for skill development and the parents turn it into all about winning. top team? lmao, half theses girls will be somewhere else in two years. ever ask a top team coach what the purpose of a top 7 or 8 year old team is? uh, uh, stammering etc. stop equating winning with development at this age. these top teams have been cherry picked. can the coach build the team developmentally or is it just a never ending talent search? your DD deserves better. find someone who can develop her and doesn't really care about their power rankings for 7, 8, 9 year olds.................

Wrong thread cupcakes. You may have missed the whole point. For entertainment purposes only.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 06/03/12, 10:30 pm

Amen Brother!!! or Sister!!!
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 06/03/12, 10:36 pm

I agree with you silentparent...100%.....but now back to March Madness

Top teams and why? SRSA...no brainer
Teams on the rise and why? LP DALGLISH,FEVER BLACK,COSMOS
Teams on the decline and why? ???
Biggest surprise team? Anybody that played LP Dalglish in futsal knew they'd be good...so no surprise there...Cosmos have been a pleasant surprise though.
Best uniform kits? Sting (away kit)
Team parents with best sideline manners? SRSA
Most obnoxious sideline parents? Fever Black
Top defensive teams? DT SOUTH
Best part of academy soccer? the kids
Worst part of academy soccer? the quality of the officiating and the effect it has on parents
Which club has the highest fees? ???
[b]What would you suggest to make academy soccer better for
our girls? it's too late tonight for any Jerry Maguire moments
Excluding your team, which team could you see your dd playing with and why? LP Dalglish 03....1)coaching and 2) facilities 3) LP camps
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by footballfanatic 06/03/12, 11:58 pm

I agree. It really ticks me off how my coach tries to win on game days. With 8 league games in the fall and and 8 league games in the spring, it only leaves my DD with about 350 days a year to work on her development. These academy coaches are real bastards.
I have taken this philosphy and applied it to my kids other sports as well. In football, baseball, and basketball, I have put my kids on last place teams so that they can develop better. We all know that top level teams are not developing their players. Just look at SRSA 03. It's all smoke and mirrors.

You are right. How dare they rank 03's, 04's, and 05's! What if my kid figures out how to log on to this site and finds out that a parent ranked her team outside of the top ten? It will ruin her for life. Now, when she is an 02, she will be ready to be told the truth about her team not being ready for the World Cup.
My kids used to play junior golf and junior tennis but when they saw their low rankings, they quit immediately. They might actually have to practice to improve their rankings and I'm just not going to stand for that. I only want participation trophies and constant reassurance for my kids.

We had the same problems with the school spelling bee. They were only going to have one 1st place winner. For the love of god, what if my kid get's fourth place? Way too much pressure! Can't they just teach the kids how to spell without testing them against their peers? And don't get me started on report cards. My kids work just as hard as others, yet some kids have higher grades. It's just not fair.
Competition is just a horrible, horrible thing!

footballfanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 07/03/12, 07:47 am

footballfanatic wrote:

I agree. It really ticks me off how my coach tries to win on game days. With 8 league games in the fall and and 8 league games in the spring, it only leaves my DD with about 350 days a year to work on her development. These academy coaches are real bastards.
I have taken this philosphy and applied it to my kids other sports as well. In football, baseball, and basketball, I have put my kids on last place teams so that they can develop better. We all know that top level teams are not developing their players. Just look at SRSA 03. It's all smoke and mirrors.

You are right. How dare they rank 03's, 04's, and 05's! What if my kid figures out how to log on to this site and finds out that a parent ranked her team outside of the top ten? It will ruin her for life. Now, when she is an 02, she will be ready to be told the truth about her team not being ready for the World Cup.
My kids used to play junior golf and junior tennis but when they saw their low rankings, they quit immediately. They might actually have to practice to improve their rankings and I'm just not going to stand for that. I only want participation trophies and constant reassurance for my kids.

We had the same problems with the school spelling bee. They were only going to have one 1st place winner. For the love of god, what if my kid get's fourth place? Way too much pressure! Can't they just teach the kids how to spell without testing them against their peers? And don't get me started on report cards. My kids work just as hard as others, yet some kids have higher grades. It's just not fair.

Competition is just a horrible, horrible thing!

that's like Dennis Leary funny!
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/03/12, 09:39 am

oh footballfanatic where to start, where to start. so its either a top team or dead last huh, no in between? i imagine most 6,7,8 and 9 year olds would be content playing on any team as long as it was fun. people who have to be on a top team usually are ego driven parents. academy is all about development and select is all about winning. everyone wants to win their games but the point of the games is putting into practice what you learned not building a top team for rankings on a forum. i doubt if your daughter trained 350 days per year and then sat the bench every game so her coach could play those with the best chance of winning a 7 year old soccer game that you would feel well served. or perhaps if her coach bumped you for that next fast little kid that he/she saw at a 3v3 tournament. a coach once told me , you won't remember whether we won or lost this game, only if in a couple years your kid is a much better soccer player. so go ahead measure your DD success based on winning and enjoy your bumper sticker.

Back to top Go down

Post by footballfanatic 07/03/12, 10:15 am

silentparent wrote:oh footballfanatic where to start, where to start. so its either a top team or dead last huh, no in between? i imagine most 6,7,8 and 9 year olds would be content playing on any team as long as it was fun. people who have to be on a top team usually are ego driven parents. academy is all about development and select is all about winning. everyone wants to win their games but the point of the games is putting into practice what you learned not building a top team for rankings on a forum. i doubt if your daughter trained 350 days per year and then sat the bench every game so her coach could play those with the best chance of winning a 7 year old soccer game that you would feel well served. or perhaps if her coach bumped you for that next fast little kid that he/she saw at a 3v3 tournament. a coach once told me , you won't remember whether we won or lost this game, only if in a couple years your kid is a much better soccer player. so go ahead measure your DD success based on winning and enjoy your bumper sticker.

I totally agree with you. Why should my daughter lose her spot to some new kid that is faster and better than her? I don't want my daughter to actually have to increase her level of play to be a starter. I know it's called competitive soccer but I don't like the competitive aspect of it. I want it to be like rec but I don't want my kid to actually play in rec. There should be a rule that everyone gets equal playing time.
Someone asked my coach about something called scrimmages?, It's something like a pretend game where you can put into practice what the coach has taught you. The coaches can actually stop the game from time to time and explain different aspects that need to be learned. Sounds like a horrible idea. I would much rather my coach wait until our league games or tournament games to try and learn on the fly.

Let me go ahead and tell you what I expect from my coach. I want him to turn her into Mia Hamm because I don't have time to do it myself. I refuse to put my daughter on a team that fits her level of play, but the coach should start her anyway.
And yes, when my daughter's team is not ranked in the top ten, I will continue to come on here and complain about rankings because we all know how hard these rankings are on the kids. At the last sleepover, the girls stayed up past midnight discussing how they could move up in the rankings that some parent posted on here.

I'm glad we see things the same way bro.

footballfanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/03/12, 10:30 am

lol, you are a perfect candidate for that 18th spot on a top select team..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/12, 07:49 pm

Amen... Just joined this forum and am completely blown away by the parents on here... unbelievable...

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 09/03/12, 08:01 pm

chriskesler35 wrote:

academy is for skill development and the parents turn it into all about winning. top team? lmao, half theses girls will be somewhere else in two years. ever ask a top team coach what the purpose of a top 7 or 8 year old team is? uh, uh, stammering etc. stop equating winning with development at this age. these top teams have been cherry picked. can the coach build the team developmentally or is it just a never ending talent search? your DD deserves better. find someone who can develop her an
d doesn't really care about their power rankings for 7, 8, 9 year olds.................

Amen... Just joined this forum and am completely blown away by the parents on here... unbelievable...

Ha, you have only tapped the surface my friend!
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/12, 11:40 pm

good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:

academy is for skill development and the parents turn it into all about winning. top team? lmao, half theses girls will be somewhere else in two years. ever ask a top team coach what the purpose of a top 7 or 8 year old team is? uh, uh, stammering etc. stop equating winning with development at this age. these top teams have been cherry picked. can the coach build the team developmentally or is it just a never ending talent search? your DD deserves better. find someone who can develop her an
d doesn't really care about their power rankings for 7, 8, 9 year olds.................

Can someone explain to me what "DD" means on this board? I equate it to Designated Driver but I'm guessing it has something to do with my little 8 year old soccer player... Question

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 10/03/12, 04:50 am

chriskesler35 wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:

Can someone explain to me what "DD" means on this board? I equate it to Designated Driver but I'm guessing it has something to do with my little 8 year old soccer player... Question

Darling Daughter!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 10/03/12, 09:35 am

chriskesler35 wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:

From an older post - Look jj - I got to use it!

So for anyone else new, I have assembled a list of common acronyms / terms you will find and be confused by on the forum.
Please add to- or correct - as you see fit!

1. DD – Darling Daughter
2. 03 – Refers to U9 girls – players generally born between Aug 1 of 2002 and July 31 of 2003. Although we do have some very talented ‘04s and even an ‘05 that play in ’03 leagues mentioned.
3. TGPL – Texas Girls Premier League
4. PTCL – PrimeTime Clubs League
5. SDL – Super Development League
6. DIAL – Dallas Invitational Academy League
7. EAL – Elite Academy League
8. FC – Futbol Club
9. SRSA – Solca Red Soccer Academy
10. DT – Dallas Texans
11. LP – Liverpool
12. GSSC – Grapevine / Southlake Soccer Club
13. OOT – Out of town
14. “Bump” - People use this term to "bump" the topic to the top of the discussion list. "Active Discussions" is listed by time, with the most recent discussion at the top. So, by typing bump, it potentially brings the topic to the attention of anyone browsing the forum.
15. WTF, STFU and LMAO – ask a teenager if you do not already know.
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 10/03/12, 10:30 am

Change your name to good4somethin!! You deserve the promotion!! cheers

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/03/12, 10:44 am

good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:

So for anyone else new, I have assembled a list of common acronyms / terms you will find and be confused by on the forum.

1. DD – Darling Daughter
2. 03 – Refers to U9 girls – players generally born between Aug 1 of 2002 and July 31 of 2003. Although we do have some very talented ‘04s and even an ‘05 that play in ’03 leagues mentioned.
8. FC – Futbol Club
10. DT – Dallas Texans
11. LP – Liverpool
13. OOT – Out of town
14. “Bump” - People use this term to "bump" the topic to the top of the discussion list. "Active Discussions" is listed by time, with the most recent discussion at the top. So, by typing bump, it potentially brings the topic to the attention of anyone browsing the forum.

I like number 15 - always asking my oldest what the heck those are... Thanks for the newbie treatment - knew some of these but the DD was escaping me... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 10/03/12, 11:56 am

good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:
chriskesler35 wrote:

1. DD – Darling Daughter
8. FC – Futbol Club
10. DT – Dallas Texans
11. LP – Liverpool
13. OOT – Out of town
I would like to help. I was a noob once too.
16. Noob- new forum reader. Probably reading this right now.
17. POTD- post of the day
18. POTY- post of the year
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down