North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Style of Play Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Style of Play

Go down

Style of Play Empty Style of Play

Post by Mega Man02 16/05/12, 12:36 pm

What 02 team plays the best Soccer. Meaning, passing, over lapping, give and goes. Ect.....
Kick ball does not count.
Mega Man02
Mega Man02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Style of Play Empty Re: Style of Play

Post by Bierluva 16/05/12, 02:16 pm

Solar Dynamo plays beautiful possession soccer.
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 16/05/12, 03:53 pm

Best style of play? Well there are different styles and more than one style is effective.

FCD Premier has excellent possession, passing with intent, and pressure. The score in buckets. Excellent ball movement with a cutting edge, like an 02 girl Real Madrid.

Solar Dynamo has fantastic passing, but don't score anything like FCD Premier. They would be the most "Barça" 02 girl team in Texas. It will take more time for them to develop because this is not an easy style to master for 23 year old men, and we are talking 10 year old girls.

DT Higgy is likely to be more direct and ruthless, like Chelsea in the Premier League, but we have not seen them in a while. I would assume they have gotten better and more ruthless playing the boys this spring. The Texans tend to also win the UFC battle so one of their styles is Okinawa Te. :-)

Solar Gio deserves a mention. They move the ball very well to the outside, are calm on the ball, then play in nice serves. A budding 02 girls Man City?

I have not seen many teams run overlaps consistently yet, but it is coming soon to a field near you.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sole roll 17/05/12, 01:14 am

javajake wrote:Best style of play? Well there are different styles and more than one style is effective.

FCD Premier has excellent possession, passing with intent, and pressure. The score in buckets. Excellent ball movement with a cutting edge, like an 02 girl Real Madrid.

Solar Dynamo has fantastic passing, but don't score anything like FCD Premier. They would be the most "Barça" 02 girl team in Texas. It will take more time for them to develop because this is not an easy style to master for 23 year old men, and we are talking 10 year old girls.

DT Higgy is likely to be more direct and ruthless, like Chelsea in the Premier League, but we have not seen them in a while. I would assume they have gotten better and more ruthless playing the boys this spring. The Texans tend to also win the UFC battle so one of their styles is Okinawa Te. :-)

Solar Gio deserves a mention. They move the ball very well to the outside, are calm on the ball, then play in nice serves. A budding 02 girls Man City?

I have not seen many teams run overlaps consistently yet, but it is coming soon to a field near you.

I pretty much agree with Javas comparisons

Sole roll
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 17/05/12, 04:18 pm

I like Fever's style as well as the othe others mentioned. I will leave the comparison to Java.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/05/12, 09:05 am

Best style of play are seen from the top teams -no different in this case.
Grubbs has some great passing, overlapping, key players-seem to be up top and outside and are left in the game longer (seems to be their strong station),they use their outside players very well, not so creative in the back often just clearing ball, but offensively seems to be more advanced, with many different options used to score, and coach allows more creativity to score.I think we have seen in last season-coach is here to win and not make parents happy. for some including me -I like it!Higgy relies on a just few fast creative girls up top to score, however their middle seems to be a strong station(these same players left in longer) I think this team playing together as long as they have helps their case. . Defense is stronger IMO but can be risky and left open at times. Outside defenders are quick, but not used that often..Higgy definately most physical and in ya face, as compared to GRubb's style of play.
We hear all the time about Dynamos possession game and while I like this team and they keep improving possesion doesnt mean much if you can score with it. The are missing a big strong striker. Overall this team is smaller, but will be strong competeor.They are a step down from top two but will be working to get there.

Back to top Go down

Post by pringlelover 18/05/12, 11:05 am

hard to compare when Hig has been MIA
Grubb has unparrallel style in primietime league smart plays , but relies too heavily on one gal.
Renfro getting there and Dynamo's getting there
SRSA is changing their style for better -but change is hard when you've been getting ball to one girl for 2 years plus,
South relies on speed. and Fever playing more of a possesion game now.

pringlelover
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 18/05/12, 01:46 pm

pringlelover wrote:hard to compare when Hig has been MIA
Grubb has unparrallel style in primietime league smart plays , but relies too heavily on one gal.
SRSA is changing their style for better -but change is hard when you've been getting ball to one girl for 2 years plus,

Both teams good, Higgy and Grubb. Grubb a bit more possession maybe. Higgy a bit more direct maybe. Higgy has overall better players but Grubb has probably a National player. Both styles get it done. Would love to see them play 3 games. Don't know who has better coach? Think Higgy has won whole enchilada once or twice. If my DD was that level I'd play for either one. Saw Grubb more recently than Higgy. Higgy may be even better. Who knows?
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dirknowitzki 18/05/12, 03:02 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:

Both teams good, Higgy and Grubb. Grubb a bit more possession maybe. Higgy a bit more direct maybe. Higgy has overall better players but Grubb has probably a National player. Both styles get it done. Would love to see them play 3 games. Don't know who has better coach? Think Higgy has won whole enchilada once or twice. If my DD was that level I'd play for either one. Saw Grubb more recently than Higgy. Higgy may be even better. Who knows?

In my opinion Grubb is the better passing - better team which translates to Grubb is the better coach. Grubb's teams at other ages pass well too so Grubb is consistent across ages. Proof seen in the style of the game not just the score when kids this young. I think the Texans more convincing during recruiting about college future and wind up with more knockdown athletes as the DDs hit 11, 12, 13, 14 college primetime ages. Higg by himself is great at convincing parents that he knows more college recruiters and knows them well. He is better at this than anyone I've talked to at FCD, Solar, or Sting. But if we talk style and if Grubb 02 played Texans 02 in a 7 game series like the NBA, I predict Grubb would advance winning 4 of the first 6 because Grubb would figure out the athleticism and defeat it with teamwork.

On another note, lets get Deron in a Mavs uniform.
dirknowitzki
dirknowitzki
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 18/05/12, 03:21 pm

On another note, lets get Deron in a Mavs uniform.
[/quote]

Go Spurs!! cheers

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 18/05/12, 03:47 pm

No doubt both team have talent and good coaches. A national player is far fetched- or could be a kid riding the bench for XYZ team-who knows this early in the game. Each time these fierce competetiors go at it , score has always been close or tied. No team has ever won by more than 1 goal.And I think any person who has witnessed these two play and clearly say that they are at a whole different level. The girls bring it hard each time they play . TXN won the last game they played and FCD several before that. Either way it's great soccer at 10 years and neither team is backing down-that's a given. #1 or #2 who knows, but I will promise you each kid on TXN think they are #1 and each kid on Grubb think they are #1.They dont care (or even know) what the polls say.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 18/05/12, 03:51 pm

dirknowitzki wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:

In my opinion Grubb is the better passing - better team which translates to Grubb is the better coach. Grubb's teams at other ages pass well too so Grubb is consistent across ages. Proof seen in the style of the game not just the score when kids this young. I think the Texans more convincing during recruiting about college future and wind up with more knockdown athletes as the DDs hit 11, 12, 13, 14 college primetime ages. Higg by himself is great at convincing parents that he knows more college recruiters and knows them well. He is better at this than anyone I've talked to at FCD, Solar, or Sting. But if we talk style and if Grubb 02 played Texans 02 in a 7 game series like the NBA, I predict Grubb would advance winning 4 of the first 6 because Grubb would figure out the athleticism and defeat it with teamwork.Not trying to be an a$$ but State Cup results show Higgy doing something right -as far as actual coaching goes. Not knocking Grubb-he's great coach too but Hig came away with two State Cup Championships.On another note, lets get Deron in a Mavs uniform.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 18/05/12, 05:25 pm

That's right HappyG he did win two State Cups last weekend. I think he knocked Grubb out of one too. Not positive on that. That FCD girl may not be National player but I saw her 3 times before and after my games this spring and she is best in North Texas by a mile. By the way you sound a little jealous when you took a jab at her. Laughing
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 18/05/12, 10:49 pm

Very sorry you misinterpered my post becuz was no jab at any child-They actually have two very good players so I'm not quite sure which one they were referring too.I admire and respect this team also and think they play great soccer. I just think it's crazy to talk about a National player at the age of 10, especially when you are discussing girls-bring it up again in 2-4 years after they have gone through puberty, Middle School and all the rest. Then I'll buy in.My opinion.

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 19/05/12, 07:26 am

happygilmore wrote:Very sorry you misinterpered my post becuz was no jab at any child-They actually have two very good players so I'm not quite sure which one they were referring too.I admire and respect this team also and think they play great soccer. I just think it's crazy to talk about a National player at the age of 10, especially when you are discussing girls-bring it up again in 2-4 years after they have gone through puberty, Middle School and all the rest. Then I'll buy in.My opinion.

O come on, puberty and middle school boys have no effect on teenage girls! The only thing our DDs will ever focus on is futbol!

I like to look at teams and try to figure out what would make each team better, what are they missing. We have not seen DT Higg play recently so it makes it hard to figure until they play a tough team. You can't figure this out if they crush a team 6-0. As far as Grubb, they are darn solid but I think Grubb could use more speed in the back. From what I know, Higg's defense is very fast. As the saying goes, defense wins championships.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down