North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'02 FBR Rankings - 06-04-12 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'02 FBR Rankings - 06-04-12

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'02 FBR Rankings - 06-04-12 - Page 2 Empty Re: '02 FBR Rankings - 06-04-12

Post by soccerinsane 14/06/12, 06:50 pm

Oops! Embarassed Nope--I quit being lazy and went and looked. The Sting Scarfone 03 bunch in Junior Blue Cup! Sorry about that--should have looked first!

I don't remember the game, but that might just mean my husband was on 02 duty, so I can't comment as to your impression of the kickball approach. But I can say that it isn't what any of us--coaches, parents and players--are aiming for on this team.

soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 14/06/12, 08:11 pm

...Sorry, I meant no harm to your team..I just want to improve the credibility of the FBR. Your team was big/athletic and had a nice fast blond up top. I just did not feel threatened by the style of play...my point is that soccer IQ is very important when trying to figure out how younger teams can play up and still be competitive. You may ask your hubby what he saw @ that game. It was semi-final game of TFC jr blue cup and was played on small 9v9 field (poor planning by TFC). How does your team fair against top 02 team?
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 14/06/12, 08:47 pm

Oh--no worries at all! And I laughed when I saw your response b/c his only comment to my email wondering about it to him was "short fields". Smile I was actually at that game since it was the semis--and I now remember I wanted to tell your girls "great game" but they looked so upset about the close loss that I figured it would not be taken well at that point. But now, please pass along that they are a scrappy, hard playing team with several very talented little players.

We've not played against what I consider the true cream of the crop 02 teams since last fall and then it was generally blowouts (0-5 0-7 type scores) that occurred in the second half--at least a couple were much more respectable 0-0 or 0-1 scores at halftime--FCD GRubb and the old SRSA teams seems like). I don't think the scores against DTS and what is now Higg were blowouts, but clearly I am not the one to ask since my soccer game memories tend to blend Wink And last fall was their first time to play 11 v 11, and was the initial blending of the Wells team with the Angell team, so it was definitely "thrown to the wolves" season. They survived (and the parents too!) no worse for the wear, but it has been a more relaxing spring in the silver division of TGPL I must say! REady to see them play against some top teams again though--just to see how their work has paid off and how much they've been able to gel over the year.

So there's a bunch of rambling for you! We are looking forward to select, but I've warned my dd to be ready for the fun-filled conditioning, etc. betweeen now and qualifying! Maybe I should ask to follow along and do it with them Smile

Thanks for the message, Zidane--

soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerPop 14/06/12, 09:27 pm

With all the talk about top 02s vs top 03s there is going to be a showdown this Saturday st Flamefest. DTS03 goes against Solar Dynamo 02 Stark at 0800.

Should be interesting.

SoccerPop
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/06/12, 09:32 pm

Zidane wrote:...Sorry, I meant no harm to your team..I just want to improve the credibility of the FBR. Your team was big/athletic and had a nice fast blond up top. I just did not feel threatened by the style of play...my point is that soccer IQ is very important when trying to figure out how younger teams can play up and still be competitive. You may ask your hubby what he saw @ that game. It was semi-final game of TFC jr blue cup and was played on small 9v9 field (poor planning by TFC). How does your team fair against top 02 team?

I love people that only want to rank their team based on their "good" results...

Sting Scarfone's record against '02's since Jan (acutally, all games played since April 27th)...

3-0 W over #58 (Blaze)
2-1 W over #30 (TFC Larry)
1-1 D vs. #36 (Texas Thunder)
3-0 W vs. Sting Lubbock (who slots in at right around #30 in the '02's)
5-0 W vs. #73 (Freedom Academy)
0-3 L vs. #30 (TFC Larry)
7-0 W vs. #52 (TFC Deering)
1-2 L vs. #9 (TFC Wells)

Based on this, the close loss to TFC Wells looks more like the exception than the rule and somewhere around 25-30 looks pretty credible to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 14/06/12, 09:48 pm

I actually am going back further then this year...we beat solar tar rant (now GIO) in tournament...and also whipped 02 cosmos and would routinely beat Feet 02 team when we were 03 feet...also beat Liverpool Thompson and spirit 02...I missed the TFC Larry game but heard it was fluke (exception)...so I will assure you they are much better than 25...we are playing up this weekend...so let's finish this conversation on Monday.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 14/06/12, 10:47 pm

Master Bates wrote:From what I heard, the other parents on DTN 04 has respect for the RASE team, more than you obviously do. My DD is nowhere near the level of RASE or to think of it DTN but i know which team I would rather her be part of, simply for the level of soccer they play. We'll see in the next few months and if DTN play and beat RASE, then I'll hold my hands up.

By me saying RASE isn't all that I don't have respect? Your wrong completely. They are a good team but they are not the be all.We have good friends on that team and I know the talent level. My dd could play for them but we choice not too. The top 3 teams are enter switchable any given day. RASE has lost twice to Solar Kennington. DTN has beaten Solar Kenn multiple times. Correct RASE & DTN haven't matched up but that was RASE fault this season seeing as all the top teams played SDL but they choice to play in the weaker EAL league.

Master if you want to continue this topic further lets please take it to PM or the '04 board.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 14/06/12, 11:34 pm

SoccerPop wrote:With all the talk about top 02s vs top 03s there is going to be a showdown this Saturday st Flamefest. DTS03 goes against Solar Dynamo 02 Stark at 0800.

Should be interesting.

Not sure how 2 of the better teams in the tourney are playing each other in the same pool, especially with 20 teams in 5 pools, all in the same division, no Gold/Silver. Have seen some other comments about bad pools and seedings on this forum for other age groups as well in this tourney. With all of this discussion of 02s and 03s, will DTS '03 be 03's or 02s/03s this weekend? I can see a mix with DTS 02 not playing and DTS03 playing up.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/06/12, 11:55 pm

soccerinsane wrote:Oh--no worries at all! And I laughed when I saw your response b/c his only comment to my email wondering about it to him was "short fields". Smile I was actually at that game since it was the semis--and I now remember I wanted to tell your girls "great game" but they looked so upset about the close loss that I figured it would not be taken well at that point. But now, please pass along that they are a scrappy, hard playing team with several very talented little players.

We've not played against what I consider the true cream of the crop 02 teams since last fall and then it was generally blowouts (0-5 0-7 type scores) that occurred in the second half--at least a couple were much more respectable 0-0 or 0-1 scores at halftime--FCD GRubb and the old SRSA teams seems like). I don't think the scores against DTS and what is now Higg were blowouts, but clearly I am not the one to ask since my soccer game memories tend to blend Wink And last fall was their first time to play 11 v 11, and was the initial blending of the Wells team with the Angell team, so it was definitely "thrown to the wolves" season. They survived (and the parents too!) no worse for the wear, but it has been a more relaxing spring in the silver division of TGPL I must say! REady to see them play against some top teams again though--just to see how their work has paid off and how much they've been able to gel over the year.

So there's a bunch of rambling for you! We are looking forward to select, but I've warned my dd to be ready for the fun-filled conditioning, etc. betweeen now and qualifying! Maybe I should ask to follow along and do it with them Smile

TFC has a really nice fast game pace and tough, physical players (but not physical in a bad way as in hurting other players...just super tough)...comes from playing those "cream of the crop" teams I am sure. You took some abuse on this forum for playing TPGL in the Fall season and not winning any games....at least not in the official game results...but you guys did "win". You won by becoming a faster, tougher team....and by sticking together as a team through a tough season. I am sure you guys will develop your possession game to the next level soon...you have improved so many other aspects, it will definitely come Smile Wish you best of luck in QT (unless you are playing against my team lol) and look forward to playing you guys next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 15/06/12, 06:35 am

I guess what I wanted to say was I thought the #9 team would be much better....and the rankings are more fun then accurate.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/12, 07:32 am

Zidane wrote:I actually am going back further then this year...we beat solar tar rant (now GIO) in tournament...and also whipped 02 cosmos and would routinely beat Feet 02 team when we were 03 feet...also beat Liverpool Thompson and spirit 02...I missed the TFC Larry game but heard it was fluke (exception)...so I will assure you they are much better than 25...we are playing up this weekend...so let's finish this conversation on Monday.

I have always stated clearly what period of time the rankings take into consideration. The data for games you have played since Jan of this year doesn't support a higher ranking. If your results from the upcoming weekend are more in line with your recent game against TFC '02, than your other results from April/May, the rankings will respond and your team will move up.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 15/06/12, 08:37 am

mommabear wrote:
soccerinsane wrote:Oh--no worries at all! And I laughed when I saw your response b/c his only comment to my email wondering about it to him was "short fields". Smile I was actually at that game since it was the semis--and I now remember I wanted to tell your girls "great game" but they looked so upset about the close loss that I figured it would not be taken well at that point. But now, please pass along that they are a scrappy, hard playing team with several very talented little players.

TFC has a really nice fast game pace and tough, physical players (but not physical in a bad way as in hurting other players...just super tough)...comes from playing those "cream of the crop" teams I am sure. You took some abuse on this forum for playing TPGL in the Fall season and not winning any games....at least not in the official game results...but you guys did "win". You won by becoming a faster, tougher team....and by sticking together as a team through a tough season. I am sure you guys will develop your possession game to the next level soon...you have improved so many other aspects, it will definitely come Smile Wish you best of luck in QT (unless you are playing against my team lol) and look forward to playing you guys next season.

Thanks, MommaBear! And good luck to your bunch too! Looking forward to QT--well, the games, not the heat. Still think we need a lazy river around the QT fields for the parents to float during games.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 15/06/12, 09:16 am

Enough talk about the 03's, 04's, 05's, etc, do it on that forum. Gophers ranking are generally pretty spot on with some execptions. But its no fault of his, just the cold hard #'s. Occasionally an 03 team is going to outplay and beat a 2nd or 3rd tier 02 team, cause all teams have great days occasionally and all teams have bad days occasionally. Who cares where 03's match up with 02's. Unless your the undisputed #1 in your age group, what does it matter how you stack up to the other age groups?
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/12, 09:46 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, MommaBear! And good luck to your bunch too! Looking forward to QT--well, the games, not the heat. Still think we need a lazy river around the QT fields for the parents to float during games. [/quote]

Do they allow Margarita machines on the premises?... or we can call it a "special" snow cone machine for adults lol

Back to top Go down

Post by omgwtf 15/06/12, 09:58 am

scoregazam wrote:Enough talk about the 03's, 04's, 05's, etc, do it on that forum. Gophers ranking are generally pretty spot on with some execptions. But its no fault of his, just the cold hard #'s. Occasionally an 03 team is going to outplay and beat a 2nd or 3rd tier 02 team, cause all teams have great days occasionally and all teams have bad days occasionally. Who cares where 03's match up with 02's. Unless your the undisputed #1 in your age group, what does it matter how you stack up to the other age groups?

But you are mistaken. As seen in other forum subjects many people think matters only score. Not hows game is played. Manys think ten year olds kids play like best professionals and same team always same effort. Not true. To those stupid people these FBR rankings are only thing that matters. FBR is perfect for these people because based on results only you see. Really score of game matters very little at young ages. If team is learning lessons getting better in games coach will be happy because knows wins will come in future.
omgwtf
omgwtf
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 15/06/12, 10:10 am

cheers to the above post AND MommaBear's margarita machine post--that will go perfectly with the lazy river! And Happy Friday to everyone!
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 15/06/12, 10:23 am

It very much matters where younger age groups match up. This formula allows you to determine depth of age groups and sustainability of future USA womens soccer. This academy stuff is kind of like a pre-farm league for upcoming soccer stars of the future. We must be able to have quality depth to provide a big enough filter to compete with the Brazil/China type teams. They do not have as many teams/programs; however, they have training regiment that is very good and we must be working harder than our competition.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by usmadsoccer 17/06/12, 02:12 pm

Sting 03 losing to fever red in flamefest, their ranking seems about right.
usmadsoccer
usmadsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 17/06/12, 02:40 pm

.....did you see the game?.... fever scored on free kick and that was all they could muster.I would expect more from #6(02) playing alleged #27....I think we know how good we are...no need to beat down 02 parents.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by usmadsoccer 17/06/12, 02:49 pm

Okay so what your saying is the only reason fever won was because of a free kick and your a better team???? Obviously their defense was pretty good, right??? I dont wanna start any drama with a socce expert here, but come on how many times have you heard "we controlled 99% of the game but the won off a free kick...." just sayn.....
usmadsoccer
usmadsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 17/06/12, 02:53 pm

No, just saying we are better than #27 or they are worse than #6....I would expect more of a gap if the rankings were accurate.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 17/06/12, 03:11 pm

I would imagine the rankings are much more accurate age pure with multiple data points. What you are debating is cross age rankings which really do not matter (not that any of these rankings matter).

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4life 17/06/12, 05:23 pm

Zidane wrote:It very much matters where younger age groups match up. This formula allows you to determine depth of age groups and sustainability of future USA womens soccer. This academy stuff is kind of like a pre-farm league for upcoming soccer stars of the future. We must be able to have quality depth to provide a big enough filter to compete with the Brazil/China type teams. They do not have as many teams/programs; however, they have training regiment that is very good and we must be working harder than our competition.

WTF? lol!

soccer4life
soccer4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gold digger 17/06/12, 06:17 pm

Zidane wrote:.....did you see the game?.... fever scored on free kick and that was all they could muster.I would expect more from #6(02) playing alleged #27....I think we know how good we are...no need to beat down 02 parents.

I saw the game and your ass got handled. So stop that. First half you were packed in your 18. You crossed half field what twice or three times? Second half you had the wind so that helped but you were outplayed clearly. Scoreline is not any indicator of how that game went. Your not even tops in your own age group. South looked much better than you guys this weekend and we all know how much SRSA is ahead of you guys. Your good but not nearly as great as you guys think or act.

gold digger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 17/06/12, 06:24 pm

gold digger wrote:
Zidane wrote:.....did you see the game?.... fever scored on free kick and that was all they could muster.I would expect more from #6(02) playing alleged #27....I think we know how good we are...no need to beat down 02 parents.

I saw the game and your ass got handled. So stop that. First half you were packed in your 18. You crossed half field what twice or three times? Second half you had the wind so that helped but you were outplayed clearly. Scoreline is not any indicator of how that game went. Your not even tops in your own age group. South looked much better than you guys this weekend and we all know how much SRSA is ahead of you guys. Your good but not nearly as great as you guys think or act.

Greatness! Thanks GoldDigger.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 17/06/12, 07:31 pm

gold digger wrote:

I was wondering the same thing....while I didn't witness any 03 games this weekend....I was wondering how the 03's actually looked? Did they get any shots on goal? Did they pack the box and just try to hold on? How was possesion? Just cuz the score is 1-0 doesn't really say much! Give us your version of the game Zidane? Any team can pack a box and keep it close. Did your team have any good shots on goal against Fever?

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next