North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsToday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORToday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineToday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEToday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In?

Go down

Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In? Empty Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In?

Post by pro16 27/07/12, 03:13 pm

With the blinders on and all sensibility (and some credibility) sure to be tossed aside, which coaches will intentionally pack the box in order to survive and simply gain a point?

Some teams will be on their heels yet still attempt to play the game. While others will simply build a bunker and hope for a tie.

So who will advance their team tho weekend for appearance sake only to regret it in league play?

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In? Empty Re: Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In?

Post by 02Dad 27/07/12, 04:26 pm

pro16 wrote:With the blinders on and all sensibility (and some credibility) sure to be tossed aside, which coaches will intentionally pack the box in order to survive and simply gain a point?

Some teams will be on their heels yet still attempt to play the game. While others will simply build a bunker and hope for a tie.

So who will advance their team tho weekend for appearance sake only to regret it in league play?

Does the team who plays the prettiest soccer advance?

I'm pretty sure it's just based on points.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In? Empty Re: Who's Mailing....I Mean Packing It In?

Post by dallasgal 27/07/12, 04:28 pm

Like you packed the box against the Texans and then spout off for the last month about what an awesome team you are - like that?

dallasgal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 27/07/12, 04:29 pm

pro16 wrote:With the blinders on and all sensibility (and some credibility) sure to be tossed aside, which coaches will intentionally pack the box in order to survive and simply gain a point?

So you are already saying (before we even play the QT) that there are some teams who will advance to 2nd week and perhaps qualify for the league... yet they don't deserve it?
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 27/07/12, 04:35 pm

02Dad wrote:

So you are already saying (before we even play the QT) that there are some teams who will advance to 2nd week and perhaps qualify for the league... yet they don't deserve it?

from history and having been a part of LH for many years, sometimes coach's play to get their girls in a division that they're not necessarily ready for or equipped for. but because many are results-only oriented, they'll use two weekends of tournaments while sacrificing their upcoming year of development for their kids just to say they made.

happens almost every year. just hate to see it again and again.
with my '96 and years since, it's been unfortunate to see that's all.

maybe i should delete the post.
it was just a curious question.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 27/07/12, 04:46 pm

pro16 wrote:
02Dad wrote:

from history and having been a part of LH for many years, sometimes coach's play to get their girls in a division that they're not necessarily ready for or equipped for. but because many are results-only oriented, they'll use two weekends of tournaments while sacrificing their upcoming year of development for their kids just to say they made.

happens almost every year. just hate to see it again and again.
with my '96 and years since, it's been unfortunate to see that's all.

maybe i should delete the post.
it was just a curious question.

I think if a team makes it to LH then they deserve to be there.
Who is to say that they dont? I would love for you to state some examples of teams that made it to LH and did not "deserve" it
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by i need my arshavin 27/07/12, 05:27 pm

After the weekend LOL.
i need my arshavin
i need my arshavin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mamasoccer 29/07/12, 07:04 pm

Curious to find out who played teams that packed the box this weekend? Was it common? I know we faced 1 team who used this strategy.

What do we think of this coaching tactic? Is it a valid strategy to to get keep the score down or better yet shut out the opponent?

mamasoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NewbieMom 29/07/12, 07:48 pm

We were warned that we would see a lot of this (packing the box) in QT and honestly we did not. Over the last year we have played teams (even in just SDL) who kick the ball out of bounds if the ball was headed in the wrong direction so I expected to see that as well but we didn't. Also were warned about really bad behavior from parents but again nothing. Maybe next week will be worse and maybe we just played nice teams but all in all good soccer.
NewbieMom
NewbieMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by evenkeel 29/07/12, 07:55 pm

Well... we observed some awful parent behaviour. Lot of coaching from the sidelines. Let the coach coach. Parents should be "seen and not heard" Smile
evenkeel
evenkeel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NewbieMom 29/07/12, 08:08 pm

In our last game the other parents were definitely yelling and instructing a lot - I was surprised they weren't warned when I saw warnings given over less - but still nothing like I had been afraid of. Heard horror stories about parents on opposing teams actually getting into it, etc. We had very stern warnings from our coach so really tried to be quiet.
NewbieMom
NewbieMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 29/07/12, 08:11 pm

evenkeel wrote:Well... we observed some awful parent behaviour. Lot of coaching from the sidelines. Let the coach coach. Parents should be "seen and not heard" Smile

There was one very large and very loud U11 dad who instructed EVERY touch all game long. Hard to believe the other parents didn't shut him up.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NewbieMom 29/07/12, 08:19 pm

Gunner9 wrote:
evenkeel wrote:Well... we observed some awful parent behaviour. Lot of coaching from the sidelines. Let the coach coach. Parents should be "seen and not heard" Smile

There was one very large and very loud U11 dad who instructed EVERY touch all game long. Hard to believe the other parents didn't shut him up.

Hard to believe he wasn't warned by refs. I saw someone get warned for much less while watching a game during warm ups. Person was not bad at all and was warned. Hard to be consistent apparently.
NewbieMom
NewbieMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down