North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year?

Go down

How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year? Empty How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year?

Post by Its Me 08/10/12, 10:08 am

Let's talk next year.

Now that the last ECNL spot has been taking for the 00's, how do you think LHGCL Div I will look?

We have five teams leaving:
- Texans
- Sting
- Defeeters
- FC Dallas
- Solar

Remaining teams will be: (These will also be your Premier League teams)
- Liverpool Pulp
- Sting G
- Sting West
- Sting Harr

Teams with a possibility of taking the Club Byes:

- Solar > Solar (Canevari) Currently 1st Div II
- Texans > Texans Red (Platts) Currently 10th Div II
- Defeeters > Feet (Patulea) Currenlty 1st in Div III
- FC Dallas > FC Dallas Blue Currently 3rd in Div II
- Sting > Sting West (West)Currently 3rd in Div III

I totally understand clubs incentives of wanting to keep the byes but will they really help the league by moving up if they're unable to compete? We saw the same thing happening in boys league. Where teams in the middle of Arlington or Div III being moved to Div I in Classic leagues. This only makes for a LONG season. And how does that help the teams/DD that are moving up if they're losing games 9-0. I think they need to make the rule that if your club/team is not in Div II then they're not able to just move than one division. Knowing this means you should start getting those teams together as a Pre-LHGCL just as they have with Pre-ECNL teams.

Another thing to consider. Do you join one of the ECNL teams if your DD is going to be sitting the bench as a 14th-22nd spot on the team? Or would it be better to be on one of the competivitive LHGCL?

Just a thought for the week

Last edited by Its Me on 08/10/12, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year? Empty Re: How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year?

Post by soccer315 08/10/12, 10:13 am

The ECNL clubs lose the byes. So, the top 5 teams from DII are promoted to DI.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year? Empty Re: How will LHGCL 00 Div I look after ECNL next year?

Post by Its Me 08/10/12, 10:20 am

Wow! Didn't know that. In boys Academy the club hold the byes.
That makes everything more competitive if everyone just moved up.

Thanks.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 08/10/12, 10:40 am

Hi It's Me, good thoughts.

Looking at how hard it has been so far for some teams that have been moved up in divisions, I would say that moving teams up to Division 1 from lower levels to fill the byes would do a diservice both to the teams and to the league. It would definitely give the current (and staying) Division 1 teams a lot of wins (not meaning disrespect to any potential movement teams) and would (IMO) negate any standings the division would have.

I think that the bye system shouldn't be invoked at this stage in order to allow for better competition. We all know that teams eventually play at the level of their competition. This can make a top team get lazy and a lower level team get frustrated. I think natural progression is the best answer. Allow the top teams in each division to move up so that everyone continues to grow. This way the top teams don't get totally bored and lower level teams don't get crushed all year. This type of situation can cause team players to lose heart, and team parents to look elsewhere.

Personally, I would prefer my DD to stay in an LHGCL team rather than ride the bench as a player who is never called up to play for an ECNL team. It would be no different than joining a top Division 1 team only to ride the bench all year as a backup. Yes, you can say you were on a Division 1 top team, but what does that give your DD other than that?

Cheers,

Smile
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 08/10/12, 01:21 pm

It is early, but in the 99 group, the teams moving up are doing fine. In D 1, the new teams are in places 1,2,6, and 8. In D 2, they are in places 1,3,5,7 and 8. In D 3, the new teams are in places 2,3,4,6,8, and 10. If you consider that Texans Red really is a new team taking a club bye, they are in 1st in D 3.

Not all teams have played the same number of games, but it is clear the new teams in each division are competitive.

I don't know if it will be the same for the '00 group.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Antipelagian 08/10/12, 02:22 pm

Might as well tie a knot with two kangaroos and spread peanut butter on bubble wrap...if you know what I mean.

Yah, I quoted iCarly...so what!?
Antipelagian
Antipelagian
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Dante's 6th Concentric Circle of Hell drinking brown liquor from a dirty glass with a signifying monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skulker 08/10/12, 02:26 pm

So what happens to the two teams that are relegated to D2? Do they stay in D2 or are they promoted back into D1 once the five teams leave?

U13 moving into U14 – (i) relegate 2 DI teams to DII; promote 2 DII teams to DI and (ii) relegate 2
DII team to DIII; promote 2 DIII teams to DII, (iii) 3 DIII teams may re-enter through the
Qualification Tournament.
skulker
skulker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 08/10/12, 02:36 pm

skulker wrote:So what happens to the two teams that are relegated to D2? Do they stay in D2 or are they promoted back into D1 once the five teams leave?

U13 moving into U14 – (i) relegate 2 DI teams to DII; promote 2 DII teams to DI and (ii) relegate 2
DII team to DIII; promote 2 DIII teams to DII, (iii) 3 DIII teams may re-enter through the
Qualification Tournament.

The teams that were to be relegated don't get relegated. Then the vacant spots for teams leaving are filled from the division below. With teams not making, the QT usually doesn't involve too many (if any returning teams) in D-III.

From LHGCL rules Part III page 1-2

(2.)a. If a club registers a team for a non-North Texas league, without that team
also playing in a regularly scheduled Division of Lake Highlands Girls Classic
League they will lose the bye most closely associated with the group of girls leaving
the league. For example, if the majority of the girls are leaving from Division I, a
Division I Bye will be forfeited by that club in each applicable age group. The
Lake Highlands Girls Classic League will make available participation in a
separate division with an abbreviated schedule and reduced league fee if a
sufficient number of teams agrees to participate with sufficient notice for the
coordination and scheduling of that division. The final decision as to whether or
not a separate division would be viable will rest with the Lake Highlands Girls
Classic League Board of Directors.

Open spots that are created by the above outlined situation, will be filled as
follows:

Any Division II team that was being promoted will still be promoted.

Division I teams that would have normally been relegated will be kept in division I
in order of their full year standings from the prior year, as needed to fill the
Division I spots.

If more teams are needed, the teams that earned Division II byes will be promoted
based on their full year standings from the prior year, as needed to fill the Division
I spots.

Division II spots will be filled in the same order.

In Division III, additional byes will be granted to returning Lake Highlands teams,
up to the number of byes forfeited, with remaining spots being filled in the
Qualifying Tournament.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 09/10/12, 07:05 am

I thought for some reason that there were actual tryouts for each ECNL team. From all the stuff I've been reading here, it sounds like teams moved to position their team to be the that clubs ECNL team. Then tryout other players to add onto their ECNL team. Is that how it works?

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 09/10/12, 08:05 am

I'm sure all of the teams will still have tryouts to add to their current player pool. Coaches are getting a good look at the current girls to see how they'll fit into next years scheme.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JDawg 09/10/12, 08:08 am

It's important to remember that although there are five club teams leaving (Texans, Feet, Sting, FC Dallas, Solar) what is really happening is that he top 90 players are leaving. You will see significant shuffling among every team in DI and DII and girls leave those five teams and girls from other teams jump up. Also alot of girls will either opt to not play ECNL or not play soccer altogether.

JDawg
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/10/12, 09:43 am

JDawg wrote:It's important to remember that although there are five club teams leaving (Texans, Feet, Sting, FC Dallas, Solar) what is really happening is that he top 90 players are leaving. You will see significant shuffling among every team in DI and DII and girls leave those five teams and girls from other teams jump up. Also alot of girls will either opt to not play ECNL or not play soccer altogether.

It will not be the "Top 90"... More like 95 or so of the "top 120-130" will be leaving..
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JDawg 09/10/12, 12:43 pm

You are correct. I didn't mean to imply that it is only the "top 95". I just wanted to make sure they understand that those five teams are in no way set and that there will be significant movement on every DI and DII team. The 98's were the first one to go through this and I think the first year alot of parents were under the assumption that it was just those five teams leaving. The second year parents and the clubs realized that it should be and was more of an open tryout and there was significant movement.

I think now the clubs are pretty open about it being an open tryout situation. There will be lots of players leaving those five teams for a variety of reasons be it financial, time committment or being cut. Alot of players from the non ECNL teams will tryout for and move to the ECNL teams.

JDawg
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/10/12, 02:14 pm

JDawg wrote:You are correct. I didn't mean to imply that it is only the "top 95". I just wanted to make sure they understand that those five teams are in no way set and that there will be significant movement on every DI and DII team. The 98's were the first one to go through this and I think the first year alot of parents were under the assumption that it was just those five teams leaving. The second year parents and the clubs realized that it should be and was more of an open tryout and there was significant movement.

I think now the clubs are pretty open about it being an open tryout situation. There will be lots of players leaving those five teams for a variety of reasons be it financial, time committment or being cut. Alot of players from the non ECNL teams will tryout for and move to the ECNL teams.

You are on top of it.

I did not intend to correct you, just clarifying a little bit...

soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down