North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Premier League Challenge Cup - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Premier League Challenge Cup

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Premier League Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Challenge Cup

Post by Guest 20/11/12, 11:12 pm

intrinsic wrote:Regarding the competitive level of PPL:

There are 29 teams in Lake Highlands U14 this year, and I believe there are 7 former PPL teams. A lot can change in the second half, but at this point the former PPL teams are in these positions:

D1: 2nd place (played U11 in PPL)
D2: 1st (played U11 & U12 in PPL), 5th (U11 & U12), 7th (U11)
D3: 1st (U11-13), 2nd (U11-13), 4th (U11-13, including two years in PPL D2, I think)
No, no , no, no, no!!! How dare you unleash facts within our holy sanctum of innuendo, veiled threats and wild guessing. Thou shall repent vile spawn, and cast thy facts into the fires of eternal damnation. Very brave of you though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 20/11/12, 11:23 pm

There are 29 teams in Lake Highlands U14 this year, and I believe there are 7 former PPL teams. A lot can change in the second half, but at this point the former PPL teams are in these positions:

D3: 1st (U11-13), 2nd (U11-13), 4th (U11-13, including two years in PPL D2, I think)

Other than U11 when the girls first start LH and are coming from the many Academy channels, every year the majority of the QT teams are comming from PPL. So every year teams are trying to enter into LH and at U14+ ECNL and other factors like HS play a role in opening some doors - this seems perfectly normal. Another example: this year the top team in U12 D3 came from PPL - there should be some good team and just as there are bad who drop out right away the first year.

Nothing bad about it: PPL is a competitve "feeder" program to the IMHO best league out there for U11+ LHGCL.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Premier League Challenge Cup - Page 2 Empty Premier League Challen Cup

Post by survivor01 20/11/12, 11:30 pm

Gumby wrote:

No, no , no, no, no!!! How dare you unleash facts within our holy sanctum of innuendo, veiled threats and wild guessing. Thou shall repent vile spawn, and cast thy facts into the fires of eternal damnation. Very brave of you though.

lol! Gumby Intrinsic....good facts to know. I hope my DD and her team will be part of those stats when they get to U14...maybe...maybe not....time will tell. In the meantime, she is having fun and loves the sport. I can't complain about that. Have a great Thanksgiving....be safe....and forget about it for awhile. Very Happy
survivor01
survivor01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by APato 21/11/12, 12:34 pm

[quote="me?obsessed?"]Speaking of LP Keegan and loud mouths, where's their manager that is always on here bragging about how awesome their team is? 01GrilsOnly I think it who that is. I'd like to know what the hell happened in a 0-5 loss to a mid D2 Texas Lonestar team (fka Raiders). Where are ya now big guy??????????????????? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil [/quote]

Hi Me! long time...as always you compelete me!...

Please call 'em as you see them...

As for the Lonestar game,...no one is really sure what happened that morning...we had an late game Friday night and 8:00am game next morning...I suspect there are many variables that didnt go our way, no excuses...we weren't ready to play...and the result shows that...every game must be played and every dog has their day...any team can win, especially if their opponent doesn't show

As for the Liverpool Keegan manager he has nothing to hide, he has always been guarded and candid in his discussion on this board about our early success in PPL (see Jabberwocky reply).

It is our hope to build upon our success as is true for every club...we have a tough schedule in spring with Kicks East and FC Dallas Black and I am sure there are a few more teams I am leaving out...

The Liverpool Keegan 01s are a good/great solid team (in my jaded opinion) They will challenge every team they play. They have good skills and good ball movement, and passing ability and they are always working on improving (the tournament for us was about several things...winning, more touches on ball and communication)...like most teams we have things we need to continue to work on. We play good possion soccer we controlled the game (in my opinion) in our overtime loss to FC Dallas Black...we had 60/65% possion or more and we had more shots on goal, we could not get the ball in the back of the net...we had plenty of opportunity ...

As for the Premier League Cup Challenge tournament as a whole, we did what what came to do for the most part (in my opinion) we didnt win the cup Sad but the girls probably had some assumptions about themselves challanged... we discovered some weakness and found new strengths

As for the rest of the winter season, we have more tournaments scheduled as we prepare for PPL league play in spring...

We also played up in the u13 bracket in Xara tournament prior to the Premier Cup and we had a positive result we made semi-finals on limited U13 field but didn't make the finals but again the girls had opportunity to work on their game, mental toughness vs. physical toughness...and in every game we played in Xara we played tough and close, ask the TFC Blue U13 parents...nasty weather and all.

We ask alot of our U12 daughters, the time and schedules are physically demanding of all of our kids and families but they are all doing what it takes to win and putting in the effort,...I am proud of them all including our competitors...respect!

ME, if your DD is on FC Dallas South Blue as I recall, FC Dallas South Blue is a tough and highly skilled bunch of girls...we should have won that game (in my opinion) and the one against the Strikers we jumped out to 2-0 lead 1st half, in both those matches ...but our competitors let us know they where there in second half.

I believe FC Dallas Black will have more than a match in PPL this spring...so don't let me down.

We look forward to the competition!

Peace out!

p.s. We have a great Coach, she is the best there is for my money PPL or LHGCL bar none!

APato = Alexander Pato (AC Milian) know any Italians?

Last edited by APato on 21/11/12, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
APato
APato
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/12, 01:21 pm

APato wrote:
me?obsessed? wrote:Speaking of LP Keegan and loud mouths, where's their manager that is always on here bragging about how awesome their team is? 01GrilsOnly I think it who that is. I'd like to know what the hell happened in a 0-5 loss to a mid D2 Texas Lonestar team (fka Raiders). Where are ya now big guy??????????????????? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ME, if your DD is on FC Dallas South Blue as I recall,

Nope. Never been associated with any FC Dallas team. As mentioned in a few responses on this thread, she has gone back to REC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2