North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Michael Brown Tournament 03s Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Michael Brown Tournament 03s

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michael Brown Tournament 03s Empty Michael Brown Tournament 03s

Post by SolarPower00 21/01/13, 10:30 am

Schedules are up

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=28425&GroupID=249729&Gender=Girls&Age=10

Lots of work to be done LP Keegan and Rush have been left out of Gold.
This must be a work in progress
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Michael Brown Tournament 03s Empty Re: Michael Brown Tournament 03s

Post by flygirl 21/01/13, 10:49 am

SolarPower00 wrote:Schedules are up

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=28425&GroupID=249729&Gender=Girls&Age=10

Yeah, that makes no since - Im sure they will get it worked out. This tourney should have some fireworks!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/01/13, 11:11 am

flygirl wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:Schedules are up

Yeah, that makes no since - Im sure they will get it worked out. This tourney should have some fireworks!

yes looks like they need to switch keegan and rush out for parker and skaife

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 23/01/13, 02:14 pm

Schedules are final. Looks like Keegan and Rush remained in Silver.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JewelsBMF 23/01/13, 03:21 pm

From what I hear Keegen playing in TGPL Gold this Spring. If they are supposedly that good now it's odd they are playing in this Silver bracket.
JewelsBMF
JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 24/01/13, 10:40 am

Is TGPL Gold the highest league, for some reason I thought they ha added a Platinum division.

Oh well Keegan and Rush should be playing up but it's not a huge difference, heck the Hilliard team isnt better than Rush or Keegan. Wonder if tgis was just a situation of whomever registered first got the slot. There are two top teams and then about 6 teams just a step or two below them in this tournament that are capable of posting an upset or two. Should make for a great weekend of soccer.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 25/01/13, 10:23 am

Good Luck to all the teams playing this weekend

I don't know how I feel about these friendly tournaments with no playoffs

but at least we can try to avenge our lose from last week

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 25/01/13, 03:04 pm

Just Curious wrote:Good Luck to all the teams playing this weekend

It's all about quality touches in game situations - right? scratch

Aren't we to the age where being in competitive situations is starting to matter along with the touches? Maybe the TD has a different opinion...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 25/01/13, 03:14 pm

flygirl wrote:

Aren't we to the age where being in competitive situations is starting to matter along with the touches? Maybe the TD has a different opinion...

As rusty as some of these girls are going to be from the Winter hangover, I think a friendlies is a good start to the NTX soccer community. I know my DD will not be in 100% game shape so this will be a good warm up to her upcoming season.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 25/01/13, 03:15 pm

jj4mel wrote:
flygirl wrote:

As rusty as some of these girls are going to be from the Winter hangover, I think a friendlies is a good start to the NTX soccer community. I know my DD will not be in 100% game shape so this will be a good warm up to her upcoming season.

Yeah, but how would you feel if her team was relegated to the silver division?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 25/01/13, 03:27 pm

flygirl wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
flygirl wrote:

Yeah, but how would you feel if her team was relegated to the silver division?

That part I can't answer to. I am sure someone has spoken to the TD and got a clear answer as to why they were placed in the silver vs. gold.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know my DD is looking forward to being back on the grass fields!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 25/01/13, 05:13 pm

I am not sure that it really matters what color bracket you are in. (nobody got relegated) This is a pre-season tournament on nice fields with a 4 game guarantee.I am sure your DD and parents are not complaining about 4 games. How would your DD feel if she only got 3 games and was put in the GOLD bracket.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/01/13, 12:49 pm

Looks like D'Feeters Hilliard had a rough weekend. Can anyone give a rundown on what happened/how they looked?

In other news, Sting Guiterrez seems to be hitting their stride just in time for the spring season.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 28/01/13, 01:42 pm

I think they are going to have some growing pains with the step up in competition. It's quite a bit different playing teams equal to or better than you every game. Now is the time though to push yourself and see what you are made of before select. They have some talent, it's just a question if they can put it all together. Right now they are a top 20 team but the question is can they be a top 10 team. They wanted to be the top dog at a club and are getting the chance to be that with the defeeters, so obviously the expectations are raised.

Gutierrez has been playing well the last month or so since the coaching change (although Skip still seems to be the coach I see on the sidelines most of the time). I'm anxious to see what this team can do once league play starts. Tournament results are iffy at best with all the guest players each weekend.

From the few games I watched it seemed like most teams were a little rusty.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/01/13, 02:59 pm

Tournament results are iffy at best with all the guest players each weekend.

I agree, i have never understood using players from inside the club who will not play on your team to juice your results. seems a slap to the players who pay and come to practice each week. if the kid was interested in joining and was guest playing that seems reasonable.it is obvious when you see a team that is at one level and two girls are waaayy above the rest of the team, then you know a coach is just trophy hunting.

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 28/01/13, 03:07 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:I think they are going to have some growing pains with the step up in competition. It's quite a bit different playing teams equal to or better than you every game. Now is the time though to push yourself and see what you are made of before select. They have some talent, it's just a question if they can put it all together. Right now they are a top 20 team but the question is can they be a top 10 team. They wanted to be the top dog at a club and are getting the chance to be that with the defeeters, so obviously the expectations are raised.

Gutierrez has been playing well the last month or so since the coaching change (although Skip still seems to be the coach I see on the sidelines most of the time). I'm anxious to see what this team can do once league play starts. Tournament results are iffy at best with all the guest players each weekend.

From the few games I watched it seemed like most teams were a little rusty.

I would agree as well, they have not digressed, expectations are now higher.

Rusty- yes... Alot of kickball being played over the weekend...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 28/01/13, 03:09 pm

Fourtexans wrote:Looks like D'Feeters Hilliard had a rough weekend. Can anyone give a rundown on what happened/how they looked?

In other news, Sting Guiterrez seems to be hitting their stride just in time for the spring season.

Hard to say Sting G is hitting their stride. From what I saw I think I counted 6 guest players on the field? 2 of which are from SRSA. They are obviously not leaving to play with Sting, so the obvious choice would be Sting was short players for the tourney? Not knocking the play of the team. They did well. Plus this was a friendlies, so no trophy hunting. Just curious why they had so many guest players?

Last edited by jj4mel on 28/01/13, 04:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 28/01/13, 03:55 pm

jj4mel wrote:
Fourtexans wrote:Looks like D'Feeters Hilliard had a rough weekend. Can anyone give a rundown on what happened/how they looked?

Hard to say Sting G is hitting their stride. From what I saw I think I counted 6 guest players on the field? 2 of which are from SRSA. They are obviously not leaving to play with Sting, so the obvious choice would be Sting was short players for the tourney? Not knocking the play of the team. They did well. Plus this was a friendlies, so no trophy hunting. Just curious why they had so many guest players?

SRSA girls guesting? I thought guesting was frowned upon with that group?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 28/01/13, 04:44 pm

I think this tourney merely proved that the top three in Silver should have been switched with the bottom three in Gold from the start. Tourney director should have done his or her research!
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 28/01/13, 04:59 pm

Here's some research for you lobo_momma:
D'Feet (LP Whelan) finished ahead of LP Keegan in TGPL
D'Feet is ranked higher than FCD T, Keegan , and Rush.
D'Feet belonged in gold...did they underachieve? Perhaps.

FCD Thompson (formerly Palmisano) finished towards the bottom of TGPL Silver
Sting Central beat both LP Keegan and FCD Palmisano in their last meetings.

LP Rush had outperformed the bottom two gold teams in recent tournaments and LP Rush deserved Gold instead of those two Sting teams...aside from that, I have no problem with the TD's seeding of teams.

Keegan is gold calibre, don't get me wrong...but the TD had to leave a certain number of teams in the 2nd bracket to insure 4 games against 4 different opponents...with only 12 teams signed up... inevitably a good team (or two) was going to be left out of Gold
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDudeAbides 28/01/13, 07:51 pm

jj4mel wrote:

I do not have a crystal ball like Flygirl...
I think Hilliard will be just fine, give them time they will up their game, smart move away from red.

To my knowledge Sting G only had 2 guests.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 28/01/13, 08:35 pm

TheDudeAbides wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

I do not have a crystal ball like Flygirl...
I think Hilliard will be just fine, give them time they will up their game, smart move away from red.

To my knowledge Sting G only had 2 guests.

I was thinking like JJ. Thought I recognized at least 5 girls that were not there last tournament playing with Sting G. Two from SRSA and if the Sting East girl, the Goalie from Sting SE and the one from Goodman are now on the team then very nice additions.

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/01/13, 09:19 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:I think this tourney merely proved that the top three in Silver should have been switched with the bottom three in Gold from the start. Tourney director should have done his or her research!

Thompson tied rush
Rush beat Keegan
LP Whelan / D'Feeters tied Premiere

These results definitely proved Thompson, rush & Keegan should have been in gold? Axe to grind against Hilliard, Skaife, Parker? I don't think these results move Thompson, Rush, Keegan to world beater status. They would have finished 4,5,6.

I think what this actually proves is
a) the bottom 3 in silver have some work to do
b) there are a handful of "top teams" and then 5-15ish are interchangeable.

I know I am in the minority but I wish more teams (including my dd's) would play with their girls unless their guest players are actually considering a move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 28/01/13, 10:04 pm

Sting G is adding players to their roster just like most academy teams...select is only a few months away so don't be so shocked when you see guess players wearing multiple uniforms.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSerum 28/01/13, 10:18 pm

Say that again please and in English! Are you saying the 6 guest players are staying (BS!), trying out, or passing through?

Hump it, JJ tell us what is going on on Zidane's team.

TruthSerum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next