North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool

Go down

Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool Empty Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool

Post by soccer4fun 15/02/13, 06:16 pm

Press Release/
Liverpool FC America
News Announcement

LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA SENIOR COACHES TO ATTEND SEVEN DAYS OF TRAINING AT LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ACADEMY IN LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND
Dallas, Texas, February 15, 2013:

The Liverpool FC America senior staff coaches/directors have been invited to experience and learn the world renown training curriculum, methodology and philosophy of the Liverpool FC Academy.

Beginning on Monday February 18, 2013, Liverpool FC America Directors Lee Weddall, Keri Baker, Chris Pulpaneck, Tom Blencoe, Matt Veasey, Wilco Ravestijn and Jimmy Melia begin an unprecedented seven-day training opportunity to experience the methodology and training techniques of the Liverpool Football Club Academy in Liverpool, England. The trip's itinerary was designed by the coaches of the Liverpool FC International Football Academy to give the greatest exposure to all facets of the Liverpool training including;

Academy Training Sessions
Matches at The Academy among different age groups
Match-day experience at Anfield
Training of the First Team
Academy classroom sessions
"It is a world-class trip for our coaches and we have challenged them to come back with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a part of the Liverpool FC and the Liverpool International Football Academy both on and off the field and then to share that information and pride with our coaching staff. We hope to have several additional coaches participate in this program during future trips," said Chief Executive Officer, Peter Brody on Thursday.

STAY CONNECTED

soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool Empty Re: Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool

Post by Guest 15/02/13, 08:56 pm

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - since I never am - but didn't Melia actually play for Liverpool back in something like the 19th century? I can understand the other coaches making the trip, but we're talking about a guy (to his credit) who could just a easily be teaching most of Liverpool's teachers. Although closing in on his 80's, the memory may not be quite what it used to be.

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool Empty Re: Liverpool Coaches going to Liverpool

Post by Gunner9 15/02/13, 09:15 pm

LOL...I think Jimmy would say he's not near 80...yet
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/13, 09:16 pm

Xara wrote:Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - since I never am - but didn't Melia actually play for Liverpool back in something like the 19th century? I can understand the other coaches making the trip, but we're talking about a guy (to his credit) who could just a easily be teaching most of Liverpool's teachers. Although closing in on his 80's, the memory may not be quite what it used to be.

Rude! He could probably get in the current Wolves team!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/02/13, 09:26 pm

I was unavailable to make the trip as my DD has games that weekend so I had Jimmy step in in my place Very Happy
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 15/02/13, 09:37 pm

Yes, Jimmy played a lot of games for Liverpool. He also coached a team to the final of the FA Cup, Brighton vs. Man United. A few years ago I was hoping to coach a game against his academy team, but another coach handled the duties that day, so my brush with greatness didn't occur.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/13, 09:57 pm

intrinsic wrote:Yes, Jimmy played a lot of games for Liverpool. He also coached a team to the final of the FA Cup, Brighton vs. Man United. A few years ago I was hoping to coach a game against his academy team, but another coach handled the duties that day, so my brush with greatness didn't occur.

He's a demanding coach and can definitely pull off the "cranky, old brit" role quite well when needed. Melia can also spot the "pretender" coaches so often encountered in North Texas soccer these days that take the simplistic approach of training to win. I admire a guy who can show his disdain without inhibitions when necessary. I could never be like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 06:56 am

That is awesome for the coaching staff, but this is not new Andromeda coaching staff members travel to England to work with Tottenham last year! I believe they are now inviting players over to begin training with the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 07:37 am

totalsoccer wrote:That is awesome for the coaching staff, but this is not new Andromeda coaching staff members travel to England to work with Tottenham last year! I believe they are now inviting players over to begin training with the club.

Tottenham sounds like such a great place to visit! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 07:49 am

Master Bates wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:That is awesome for the coaching staff, but this is not new Andromeda coaching staff members travel to England to work with Tottenham last year! I believe they are now inviting players over to begin training with the club.

Tottenham sounds like such a great place to visit! Shocked

I would not know, but working out with the hotspurs would be a great experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 16/02/13, 09:11 am

[quote="Master Bates"]

Tottenham sounds like such a great place to visit!

i would take the opportunity to spend time in London, if its Tottenham, Arsenal or heck even Fulham. London is great place to visit.

I am sure the Andromeda coaches learned a lot and had a blast.I have not been to Liverpool, but sure it will be a great experience for the coaches attending.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/02/13, 09:39 am

hey here's and idea. You should start a thread with the andro/tottenham press release because this one is about Liverpool. I hope the coaches aren't going to see the great city of Liverpool but going to the club to learn things that they can bring back and put to work. Otherwise don't bother, they can make their game and just get a DVD of being liverpool.

Oh and I believe they are inviting kids to pay for a vacation to Tottenham and attend training, much like the camps offered on the Tottenham website. So if you would really like to go gather up you pounds and take off. Oh rather have manU instead? Join texans or just order the trip yourself from their website.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 10:10 am

[quote="soccer315"]
Master Bates wrote:

i would take the opportunity to spend time in London, if its Tottenham, Arsenal or heck even Fulham. London is great place to visit.

I am sure the Andromeda coaches learned a lot and had a blast.I have not been to Liverpool, but sure it will be a great experience for the coaches attending.

Tottenham is a "hole"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 12:51 pm

go99 wrote:

hey here's and idea. You should start a thread with the andro/tottenham press release because this one is about Liverpool. I hope the coaches aren't going to see the great city of Liverpool but going to the club to learn things that they can bring back and put to work. Otherwise don't bother, they can make their game and just get a DVD of being liverpool.

Oh and I believe they are inviting kids to pay for a vacation to Tottenham and attend training, much like the camps offered on the Tottenham website. So if you would really like to go gather up you pounds and take off. Oh rather have manU instead? Join texans or just order the trip yourself from their website.

I'm sorry I thought it was about coaches going abroad to receive coaches training from elite clubs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 01:17 pm

It's all about the beer and sightseeing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/13, 01:50 pm

Fish and chips and beer!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 16/02/13, 11:45 pm

[quote="Master Bates"]
soccer315 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Tottenham is a "hole"

All I can say that I have enjoyed the time I have spent in Londonand would go back anytime.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/02/13, 10:12 am

I hope they drive them to the stadium, lock them up, and work them for a week straight. The only part of england they see is on the bus ride too and from the stadium. It's a working trip boys
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 10:19 am

I bet they talk soccer with coaches over a few pints in the evenings.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/02/13, 11:18 am

I hear they serve you a pint when you get off the plane in England
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 11:35 am

Yes, it's warm but very strong!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 22/02/13, 05:40 pm

Can't figure out how to get the pictures to paste (my dd is away or I am sure she could show me) click on this link and check out the pictures.

How cool

http://www.txsoccer.info/t7327-liverpool-coaches-going-to-liverpool
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down