North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Any sportsmanship on Fever Black? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Any sportsmanship on Fever Black?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Any sportsmanship on Fever Black? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any sportsmanship on Fever Black?

Post by GOLDENDOMER 26/02/13, 03:22 pm

All these comments and you weren't even there enough said.Some people just have way to much time on there hands. Don't believe you could even spell code of conduct without looking.

GOLDENDOMER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Any sportsmanship on Fever Black? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any sportsmanship on Fever Black?

Post by Texandad 26/02/13, 03:24 pm

GOLDENDOMER wrote:All these comments and you weren't even there enough said.Some people just have way to much time on there hands. Don't believe you could even spell code of conduct without looking.

Well, if its a spelling contest, or grammar contest you want, we can just go back and look at your previous post and I will be declared the winner.
Texandad
Texandad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 03:25 pm

GOLDENDOMER wrote:Everyone knows these rankings are as legit as the paper there written on.

Well, at least he got that statement correct...

Back to top Go down

Post by GOLDENDOMER 26/02/13, 04:01 pm

Is that the best you had Houston, and here I thought you new all, saw all. Let’s not log off as foes. Next time were in town come over, will meet up go out for an adult beverage. Maybe they'll let you come over and hang out with the men. Must get lonely at home while the wife’s at work.
GOLDENDOMER
GOLDENDOMER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texandad 26/02/13, 04:07 pm

GOLDENDOMER wrote:Is that the best you had Houston, and here I thought you new all, saw all. Let’s not log off as foes. Next time were in town come over, will meet up go out for an adult beverage. Maybe they'll let you come over and hang out with the men. Must get lonely at home while the wife’s at work.

Sounds good to me. I am always up for cold beer. I wish the wife worked, but I guess that would get in the way of soap operas and nap time.
Texandad
Texandad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texandad 26/02/13, 04:10 pm

Texandad wrote:
GOLDENDOMER wrote:Is that the best you had Houston, and here I thought you new all, saw all. Let’s not log off as foes. Next time were in town come over, will meet up go out for an adult beverage. Maybe they'll let you come over and hang out with the men. Must get lonely at home while the wife’s at work.

Sounds good to me. I am always up for cold beer. I wish the wife worked, but I guess that would get in the way of soap operas and nap time.

Maybe you could invite that masked writer guy too and show him how to play the physical style soccer he is complaining about.
Texandad
Texandad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 26/02/13, 05:20 pm

I say Fever Black just needs to start wearing Raiders gear, as long as they are winning. We need someone we love to hate. Maybe the coach can throw fits on the sideline like John Madden did back in the day, and the club prez can start wearing Al Davis bling.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 05:57 pm

Three years in and I have still never seen a Red Card. I have never had a conversation with a parent that had seen a Red Card. I have never seen anyone on this forum talking about the Red Card that was issued during their game.

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 26/02/13, 06:12 pm

The was a red issued last month in a U10 tournament game.
Triumph Winter Cup Championship game
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 26/02/13, 09:11 pm

Ok - enough testosterone. It is amazing how a worked up, overly passionate woman can get a bunch of over zealous men worked up over little girls soccer. But such is life.

By God - have a shot and chillTFO...

- Tequila Girl
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 26/02/13, 09:55 pm

Physical play is a part of soccer. It is impossible to play the game without being tough, physical, and aggressive. After coaching for the last decade, I can say that to find players that are like honey badgers are always better than finding ones like little lambs.

That being said, it is ultimately the coach's responsibility to teach the correct ways to play the game. The issuance of a card can assist a coach when trying to drive home a valuable lesson; however, when a 9 or 10 year girl goes out and maliciously takes out another player, the coach doesn't need the referee to issue a card to turn the situation into a teaching tool. If the coach prioritizes "win at all costs", then nothing will happen. If the coach preaches "tough but fair play", then they should immediately sub the offender out of the game and explain to them the dangerous nature of their foul and that it won't be tolerated. Each coach is responsible for their players actions. Parents can quickly judge their coach's character based on how they react to a situation like this.
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/02/13, 08:58 am

travelin light wrote:Physical play is a part of soccer. It is impossible to play the game without being tough, physical, and aggressive. After coaching for the last decade, I can say that to find players that are like honey badgers are always better than finding ones like little lambs.

That being said, it is ultimately the coach's responsibility to teach the correct ways to play the game. The issuance of a card can assist a coach when trying to drive home a valuable lesson; however, when a 9 or 10 year girl goes out and maliciously takes out another player, the coach doesn't need the referee to issue a card to turn the situation into a teaching tool. If the coach prioritizes "win at all costs", then nothing will happen. If the coach preaches "tough but fair play", then they should immediately sub the offender out of the game and explain to them the dangerous nature of their foul and that it won't be tolerated. Each coach is responsible for their players actions. Parents can quickly judge their coach's character based on how they react to a situation like this.

A post full of common sense, great insight and accountability. Hmm how did that ever find its way here? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 01/03/13, 03:52 pm

Evil or Very Mad E-5 Evil or Very Mad ..... Saw one this past weekend, good through ball with the team A pushing high with their last 2 defenders down wind. Player from team B receives the ball and makes the go only her and the keeper with 2 in pursuit, 10 yards past center the defending girls have almost caught the breakaway but instead of using more space to overtake and possibly possess the ball it was 2 piledrivers in unison to the back of the breakaway. The attacker fell hard on shoulder and chest and took about 3-4 min to regain and leave the field with the coach. The coach made an attempt to discuss with the center ref but he turned and ran over to a more senior AR and discussed. A free kick was awarded and not one word of warning to the girls from the opposing team. But just to make this game even better was the fact that for 8+ min team A played with 12 people on the field, the AR caught the additional sub and brought it to the attention of the center and he waved it off. It was only later that team A subbed again and the parents from team B made the AR and the center very well aware of the mistake, it actually took the center 3 tries of counting girls standing still and then running over to team A sidelines to count with the coach another time that he realized there were and had been 12 on the field. I would guess there was maybe 3 min of added time put on, which barely covered the girls injury from previous. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Texandad wrote:
ekkeeper1 wrote:Well USSF who makes the rules could implement a yellow card rule like high school has (in HS if you receive a yellow you must leave the game for a short amount of time). I actually like having that as an option a good way to get a player to calm down and avoid making a not so smart decision in the heat of the moment. Good luck getting USSF to make that rule change though.

From a prime time game report...

Cautions
C-1 Unsporting Behavior
C-2 Dissent
C-3 Persistent Infringement
C-4 Delays Restart
C-5 Fails to respect proper distance
C-6 Entering or leaving the field without
the referee’s permission
Send-offs
E-1 Serious Foul Play
E-2 Violent Conduct
E-3 Spits at opponent or person
E-4 Intentional ball handling to deny goal
E-5 Denies goal scoring opportunity
E-6 Offensive, insulting, abusive language
E-7 Receives second caution

The problem is, the officials are sub-par and do not know the rules to enforce.
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch 01/08/13, 11:30 pm

I couldn't go to sleep so I was reading through old topics. This one looked familiar. Some things remain constant.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 01/08/13, 11:44 pm

EyeSnapPhotos wrote: :evil:E-5 Evil or Very Mad..... Saw one this past weekend, good through ball with the team A pushing high with their last 2 defenders down wind. Player from team B receives the ball and makes the go only her and the keeper with 2 in pursuit, 10 yards past center the defending girls have almost caught the breakaway but instead of using more space to overtake and possibly possess the ball it was 2 piledrivers in unison to the back of the breakaway. The attacker fell hard on shoulder and chest and took about 3-4 min to regain and leave the field with the coach. The coach made an attempt to discuss with the center God-like authority figure but he turned and ran over to a more senior AR and discussed. A free kick was awarded and not one word of warning to the girls from the opposing team. But just to make this game even better was the fact that for 8+ min team A played with 12 people on the field, the AR caught the additional sub and brought it to the attention of the center and he waved it off. It was only later that team A subbed again and the parents from team B made the AR and the center very well aware of the mistake, it actually took the center 3 tries of counting girls standing still and then running over to team A sidelines to count with the coach another time that he realized there were and had been 12 on the field. I would guess there was maybe 3 min of added time put on, which barely covered the girls injury from previous. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Texandad wrote:
ekkeeper1 wrote:Well USSF who makes the rules could implement a yellow card rule like high school has (in HS if you receive a yellow you must leave the game for a short amount of time). I actually like having that as an option a good way to get a player to calm down and avoid making a not so smart decision in the heat of the moment. Good luck getting USSF to make that rule change though.

From a prime time game report...

Cautions
C-1 Unsporting Behavior
C-2 Dissent
C-3 Persistent Infringement
C-4 Delays Restart
C-5 Fails to respect proper distance
C-6 Entering or leaving the field without
the referee’s permission
Send-offs
E-1 Serious Foul Play
E-2 Violent Conduct
E-3 Spits at opponent or person
E-4 Intentional ball handling to deny goal
E-5 Denies goal scoring opportunity
E-6 Offensive, insulting, abusive language
E-7 Receives second caution

The problem is, the officials are sub-par and do not know the rules to enforce.

I think at u11 a ball 10 yards from center in this case should be more a yellow then a red for Denying an Obvious goal scoring opportunity. I think too much can happen and it is much more unpredictable. I was refereeing a few weeks ago and a referee gave a red card to an 8 year old for denying was not at all warranted in the situation the players may have fouled but it was not with any intent at that age a little common sense and a discussion usually are effective. Really depends on the situation though was it uncoordinated 10 year olds or was there really any bad intent. Also would being in that position of the field be an obvious goal scoring opp? In a professional game, a college game definitely a red. At u 11 i think a yellow would be a strong warning and a talking to would benefit more. Didnt see what happened exactly so I cant really say how it should have been called. No excuse for letting team play on with 12 though that not good.

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 02/08/13, 07:46 am

Fractured collarbone. No longer plays soccer.
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Justlooking 02/08/13, 12:02 pm

Bunch of crying, when will it end. Wait never to many sore losers.

Justlooking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Justlooking 02/08/13, 07:05 pm

[quote="FastPitch"]I couldn't go to sleep so I was reading through old topics. This one looked familiar.   Some things remain constant. [/quote........................ All the topics on this forum look familiar,it's the same people saying the same stuff. 6 months later u bring it back up.

Justlooking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 02/08/13, 09:57 pm

And you all with 5 posts just keep drumming up new screen names and beaching about something new. Do you not have enough to do with the Sting conspiracy going on? Get another nam and keep beaching, you add tons to these posts.
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy 02/08/13, 10:15 pm

EyeSnapPhotos wrote:And you all with 5 posts just keep drumming up new screen names and beaching about something new. Do you not have enough to do with the Sting conspiracy going on? Get another nam and keep beaching, you add tons to these posts.

It seems obvious to me that the poster who started this thread is the same poster who started the other thread removed by admin but under a new screen name.  coincidence that both post titles use the word "sportsmanship" about the same Beiber Fever team?  I think not!!!

scrappy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch 05/10/13, 08:06 pm

After you drop your DD off for warm ups, go look for the Beiber Fever game. You may get to to witness a gem like today. If your watching the ball you may miss it. Today, in the waning minutes, the mark up defender took down the opponents striker with a kick to the back of the legs when the play was 30 yards away.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3