North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents Empty D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents

Post by duckjack 02/03/13, 09:52 pm

New to forum and curious ...seriously considering choosing new coach / team for daughter to try out for?

What D1/D2 coach does the best at teaching the game tactically , one who knows the game and knows how to communicate with the girls using "constructive" criticism. And one where the girls like playing for the coach.....?

What teams out there in either D1 / D2 will be shaking up their rosters after Spring? Thinking bottom of D1 may be hard hit after having to move to D2.

duckjack
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents Empty Re: D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents

Post by Guest 02/03/13, 10:18 pm

I, too, am curious:

* You are the one seriously considering new teams on behalf of your daughter. Does she want to change teams or do you?

* Do you really think tactical training should lead the list on deciding which coach is "best"? At the 01 age?

* I would assume most girls like playing for their coach or they wouldn't be there. This part of your question will put every coach in the crosshairs whose virtues are extolled by any poster.

* The D1 teams that get relegated are often more stable than you might guess. They know they'll more than likely do well in D2. And good D2 players looking for a strong group will often flock to newly relegated teams.

Having written all of that, perhaps you should consider Mario Guzman. He's a ray of sunshine given his positive demeanor and the respect he shows his players. Tactical play is his forte' which you will quickly spot as 90% of all ball movement is funneled through a single player. I would say his players are highly motivated; almost like they are afraid to fail.

Back to top Go down

D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents Empty Re: D1 / D2 Which coach is most respected by players/parents

Post by Guest 02/03/13, 10:36 pm

What?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/13, 08:21 am

duckjack wrote:New to forum and curious ...seriously considering choosing new coach / team for daughter to try out for?

What D1/D2 coach does the best at teaching the game tactically , one who knows the game and knows how to communicate with the girls using "constructive" criticism. And one where the girls like playing for the coach.....?

What teams out there in either D1 / D2 will be shaking up their rosters after Spring? Thinking bottom of D1 may be hard hit after having to move to D2.

My opinion, you would need to visit andromeda powers. I do not think they will be moving down but it is very tight. MP is very experienced and is very constructive and professional with all his comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/13, 08:24 am

Juan Martinez at Kicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 03/03/13, 11:11 am

There are a handful of the 01' coaches that are/should be respected.
David Pfeil at D'Feeters has a very good track record and has my DD's team playing a much more technical style of soccer. Obviously Coach Juan at Kicks deserves some kudos and I think Matt Grubb probably gets overlooked all too much in this category.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsup 04/03/13, 08:41 am

totalsoccer wrote:
duckjack wrote:New to forum and curious ...seriously considering choosing new coach / team for daughter to try out for?

My opinion, you would need to visit andromeda powers. I do not think they will be moving down but it is very tight. MP is very experienced and is very constructive and professional with all his comments.
I hear Flanny needs center mids. Very Happy

whatsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 04/03/13, 09:58 am

Finding it hard to believe that Jason Bates (Solar Chelsea 01 Red) has not been mentioned. This team has been at the top of 01 ladder for more than four + years. He focuses on ball control, passing, switching the field and utilizes every player on his roster. This is a very mature and competitive team...all the way around! If your DD is looking for a top D1 coach...look no further. If you have unanswered questions, just take a look at his tournament record and LHGL standings for the past two years. Also, take the time to walk up and introduce your self to him. I think you will find that he is very approachable and open to conversation.

Enough said.....Outta here!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 04/03/13, 10:33 am

Big Poppy wrote:Finding it hard to believe that Jason Bates (Solar Chelsea 01 Red) has not been mentioned. This team has been at the top of 01 ladder for more than four + years. He focuses on ball control, passing, switching the field and utilizes every player on his roster. This is a very mature and competitive team...all the way around! If your DD is looking for a top D1 coach...look no further. If you have unanswered questions, just take a look at his tournament record and LHGL standings for the past two years. Also, take the time to walk up and introduce your self to him. I think you will find that he is very approachable and open to conversation.

Enough said.....Outta here!

Someone just did mention him... lol!
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/13, 10:42 am

The OP is looking for ALL these qualities for his next coach -- oops DD's next coach:

- Importantly has to be a D1/D2 coach
- Does his/her best at teaching the game tactically
- One who knows the game
- Knows how to communicate with the girls using "constructive" criticism
- One where the girls like playing for the coach.....?

Now TRY again with your self recommendations - i mean promoting your DD's current coaches Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 04/03/13, 10:53 am

I agree, most of the D1 teams have good coaches. Except for maybe 2.
IMO, Jason Bates is a very good Coach. I agree, but doubt or maybe wonder if he needs any new or other players for his team. If he is doing well, and coaching well, and all his players are developing and getting good playing time to develop, his team like others aren't going to need any other players.
Sorry to hear that players are not developing and that is must be the coaching??? Maybe its your kid!!!!!!! or maybe she will just need more time until she really gets motivated to get good and maybe she needs to just spend some time alone in the yard working hard on her skills. If your dd doesn't do that, don't blame it on the Coach. Maybe you should find a team in D3 or Plano or Arlington...nothing wrong with that if you can find a good coach. I think there are alot of good Coaches in North Texas.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/13, 11:03 am

I would definitely recommend the following:

Jason Bates, Aaron Duca, Brian Flannigan, Stephen Gray, Matt Grubb, Eraldo Guimares, Audrey Gutierrez, Mario Guzman, Ryan Higgenbotham, Stuart Hilton, Jason Hollis, Juan Martinez, Robby Montemayor, David Pfeil, Mike Powers, Aaron Pratt, Michelle Royal, Arthur Silva, or Quen Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/13, 11:15 am

The problem with questions like this is no one coach is good for every type of kid. Some kids thrive under a laid back coach, others are more motivated by the hard nosed type.

Your head down dribbling whizkid could struggle under a coach emphasizing quick touches and posession, but your trap and pass robot will get no love from the coach who relishes 1v1 attacking. I do think certain boundaries and expectations are pretty much universal.

Also don't think W/L should have much to do with it. Many winning teams are composed of talented players developed elsewhere and recruited to a top team. When said players don't develop at the required pace for winning, the coach performs a whole new round of catch and release every year.

The recruit first, coach second types can win, but without neccesarily producing players who ended up better off in the long run as a result of the winning.

Based on progression of their teams style of play and/or development of individual players (what I can tell of it anyway), my short list from LH coaches would be:

Bates - Had an all star team since u10. Can't help but respect the technical quality of nearly ALL players that spend a good while playing for him. Has developed his stud athlete players in ways I'm confident not many other '01 coaches could or would.

Grubb - Ditto. See above. Maybe didn't have quite the # of stars as Bates since Academy, but has maintained stability in a very strong roster for years now. Grubbies impressed the Cali teams with their style of play in Vegas. I wouldn't bet against them as the team that separates in '01 a few years down the road.

Pfeil - I spotted this early. Turn around in style of play on Feet '01 has been impressive. Might be doing the most with the least of anyone in LH.

JM - Managing two top teams and getting results with both. As an individual skills coach who encourages individual expression, not many better coaching the '01s. KG style of play impressed almost from their beginning this summer, and SC may be turning the corner as well. JM's done it with enough teams of different ages - it's clear his success is no fluke. If your kid is great on the ball and needs freedom to express herself....send her to Juan.

Reagan Angel - His team's style of play has impressed me for years. They're finally starting to reap the rewards. Solid coach with a focus on long term over quick Ws.

Michelle Royal - Don't know anything about her or her players...just like how her team plays.

M. Powers - Is there anyone who doesn't already know about Mike Powers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/13, 11:15 am

Twisted Evil Nicely done bwgophers! Twisted Evil

Now can we have a list of all the great coaches from LH D3, PPL, APL, PSA and all REC leagues Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 04/03/13, 11:50 am

3-4-3 wrote:
Pfeil - I spotted this early. Turn around in style of play on Feet '01 has been impressive. Might be doing the most with the least of anyone in LH.

I'm sure most that have older DD's have known about David for a while. AND ouch, hope you don't plan on sharing the sideline with any of the "least" parents in the years down the road, some could perceive that as a slight to thier DD's....
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/13, 02:30 pm

1more_dd_dad wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

I'm sure most that have older DD's have known about David for a while. AND ouch, hope you don't plan on sharing the sideline with any of the "least" parents in the years down the road, some could perceive that as a slight to thier DD's....

No slight intended. I apologize If what was meant to be a compliment came out like a backhanded insult. I was trying to communicate feet is playing attractive soccer without many of the "game changer" ballers some coaches will sell their soul to recruit. Compliment to the girls and the coach. Some of those feet families are former teammates from Fusion days....good players and even better families.

None of us know what the future holds, but unless something changed my dd doesn't like feet since she had bad experiences at skips shooting sessions 4 yrs ago. She is happy where she ended up, but who knows we might share sideline when y'all come to Kicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 04/03/13, 05:06 pm

bwgophers wrote:I would definitely recommend the following:

Jason Bates, Aaron Duca, Brian Flannigan, Stephen Gray, Matt Grubb, Eraldo Guimares, Audrey Gutierrez, Mario Guzman, Ryan Higgenbotham, Stuart Hilton, Jason Hollis, Juan Martinez, Robby Montemayor, David Pfeil, Mike Powers, Aaron Pratt, Michelle Royal, Arthur Silva, or Quen Willis

Great list!!! I do however think you must alos look at logistics and how you DD can also develop relationships through middle and into HS with some players and therefore relegate yourself first to the few teams who have players in you DD's school zone.... If she does not have fun and build friendships... well she may decide not to play in the future and then what will you do with you time!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Feint1731 06/03/13, 12:58 pm

Which D1 coaches should be avoided? I have heard rumors and various parents talking but just want to make sure we make the right decision when my daughter hopefully goes D1 next year. Thats a maybe because we are looking for a coach who is a good teacher of the game.
Feint1731
Feint1731
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/03/13, 01:10 pm

Feint1731 wrote:Which D1 coaches should be avoided? I have heard rumors and various parents talking but just want to make sure we make the right decision when my daughter hopefully goes D1 next year. Thats a maybe because we are looking for a coach who is a good teacher of the game.

That would be a loaded question. Multiple opinions you will get and many reasons to love a coach and many reason to hate. You need to form your own by going to games, during tryouts getting to as many practices you can, and give the coaches a call with questions you would like answer to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/03/13, 01:15 pm

Feint1731 wrote:Which D1 coaches should be avoided? I have heard rumors and various parents talking but just want to make sure we make the right decision when my daughter hopefully goes D1 next year. Thats a maybe because we are looking for a coach who is a good teacher of the game.

I would definitely recommend avoiding ANY and ALL of the following at all cost:

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 06/03/13, 01:34 pm

bwgophers wrote:

I would definitely recommend avoiding ANY and ALL of the following at all cost:

cheers Couldn't agree more...or less.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerfan1 06/03/13, 01:54 pm

Agree with a lot of these, but have heard good things about a few of these coaches. Why are Mike Powers and Aaron Pratt on the list? Not familiar with Stephen Gray and Gutierrez, what's the scoop on them?

Soccerfan1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/03/13, 02:00 pm

Soccerfan1 wrote:Agree with a lot of these, but have heard good things about a few of these coaches. Why are Mike Powers and Aaron Pratt on the list? Not familiar with Stephen Gray and Gutierrez, what's the scoop on them?

MP lakehighlands D-1, AP lakehighlands D-2 . The OP asked for names of coaches D-1 or D-2 that have shown knowledge of the game and work well with their players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerfan1 06/03/13, 02:02 pm

I was referring to why it was said to stay away from them

Soccerfan1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/03/13, 02:05 pm

Got it! I would not stay away! Each has good qualities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next