North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

01 keeper seeking new team for fall Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

01 keeper seeking new team for fall Empty 01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Post by Guest 07/03/13, 05:06 pm

I have an 01 keeper who is looking to make a move. She played JR ECNL in Austin last year. We moved back to the DFW area last summer. Picked a team so both my daughters were at the same club. Very very happy with 97 team but not so much the 01 team. We live in the Roanoke area. Willing to drive for the right fit. Anyone hav any suggestions.

Back to top Go down

01 keeper seeking new team for fall Empty Re: 01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Post by BleedFutbol 07/03/13, 08:07 pm

Dallas Kicks have some excellent 01 teams.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

01 keeper seeking new team for fall Empty Re: 01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Post by Hook It 07/03/13, 09:05 pm

What are your priorities?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/03/13, 09:20 pm

We play againist some kicks teams now. NOT impressed with the yelling coaches. We are wanting a team that plays at her level and improves over time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 07/03/13, 11:25 pm

3keeperfamily wrote:We play againist some kicks teams now. NOT impressed with the yelling coaches. We are wanting a team that plays at her level and improves over time.

I agreed with your thoughts, but really think my DD's greatest improvements in the game has come from the fact that she really loves her teammates and wants to do well with and for them. It is an aspect I would have never thought of earlier when we were looking.

There are many good teams/coaches...I am sure D2 or D1 would be better for you to focus on as there is less to be concerned with vs. the D3 bubble.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 03:28 am

Of coarse a good environment helps. That is part of the problem with the current team. Plus there is a huge lack of commitment with this team.

Back to top Go down

Post by #9156 08/03/13, 05:46 am

3keeperfamily wrote: We are wanting a team that plays at her level and improves over time.
What level is she playing now?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 09:03 am

3keeperfamily wrote:We play againist some kicks teams now. NOT impressed with the yelling coaches. We are wanting a team that plays at her level and improves over time.

What Kicks teams has she played that you classify their coach as a "yelling coach"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie 08/03/13, 09:18 am

Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:

What Kicks teams has she played that you classify their coach as a "yelling coach"?

You must be new here, first rule to remember is never say anything remotely negative about anything Kicks related.

Herbie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 08/03/13, 09:31 am

Sun comes up, sun goes down, death and taxes, coaches yell. Maybe the "yelling" coach didn't impress you. Did you like the soccer? Might be easier to find a leprechaun.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 08/03/13, 09:33 am

Herbie wrote:

You must be new here, first rule to remember is never say anything remotely negative about anything Kicks related.

+1 cheers
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 10:48 am

1more_dd_dad wrote:
Herbie wrote:

+1 cheers

Andro kick gets very sensitive. Refrain!

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 08/03/13, 10:54 am

I find that coaches who whisper are very unsuccessful.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 08/03/13, 12:06 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:I find that coaches who whisper are very unsuccessful.

LOL!

It is hard for the coach to whisper his instructions over the whispering roar of the parents.
BleedFutbol
BleedFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 12:37 pm

That is not the type of yelling I am talking about. I heard very negative things from the coach to players. I am a coach myself and I yell but I never say things to demean my players. Not really new here just moved away for two years never heard of Dallas kicks until we came back. I always thought the Texans to be the be all of North Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 12:46 pm

@#9156
Currently playing Plano D1. Way below where she needs to be. Got pulled into this team with a promise that they would be good enough to qualify LHGCL. Ha ha far from it. They dropped every game of the qualifier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 12:58 pm

[quote="Androfan aka Kicksfan"][quote="3keeperfamily"]We play againist some kicks teams now. NOT impressed with the yelling coaches. We are wanting a team that plays at her level and improves over time. [/quote]

What Kicks teams has she played that you classify their coach as a "yelling coach"?[/quote]

I'd like to apologize on behalf 3keeperfamily and everyone else on this forum for speaking ill of the coaching style of the Dallas Kicks organization. We are currently in the process of ordering each and every coach, player, and family an apology boutique from Edible Arrangements. No No

Back to top Go down

Post by Airwynn 08/03/13, 01:05 pm

lol
Yelling works on some, not others.

I personally get a kick out of the coaches that need to tell their players every move to make. I often wonder if the girls are better or worse when they get to think for themselves!

cheers
Airwynn
Airwynn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 01:15 pm

Entire thread is contrived. Two of the posters joined on Mar. 7.

Another is using his alter ego alias. It's just typical trolling.

Andro - don't take the bait.

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 08/03/13, 01:32 pm

3-4-3 wrote:Entire thread is contrived. Two of the posters joined on Mar. 7.

Dallas Kicks really do have some amazing 01s.

While it is true I just joined, I wasn't really that interested in the forum until I needed to find a new team. Beside, I never addressed Andro, and your join date is less than 5 months, everyone has got to start somewhere.
BleedFutbol
BleedFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 08/03/13, 01:54 pm

Blah-Blah-Blah wrote:

I'd like to apologize on behalf 3keeperfamily and everyone else on this forum for speaking ill of the coaching style of the Dallas Kicks organization. We are currently in the process of ordering each and every coach, player, and family an apology boutique from Edible Arrangements. No No

I love those! See if you can customer order them with the Kick logo!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 01:57 pm

Look I am not trying to insult anyone. Just saying kicks IMO didn't impress me. I do not believe my daughter would preform for that type of coach. Look she played on the top Lonestar SC team in Austin. Had a top notch ECNL coach with teams that had national championships. Plano D1 is not the place for her.

And PLEASE DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR ME. I will apologize myself if I feel it needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 01:58 pm

No bait to take. I asked a question, got my answer. Tom I don't waste my time on, last time I did I got a specially nice phone call from him. See you at the fields buddy. :-)

I've got fish to catch this afternoon, Tom (blah blah blah) can troll the forum all he wants.

Adios

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 01:59 pm

[quote="BleedFutbol"][quote="3-4-3"]Entire thread is contrived. Two of the posters joined on Mar. 7.

Andro - don't take the bait.[/quote]

While it is true I just joined, I wasn't really that interested in the forum until I needed to find a new team. Beside, I never addressed Andro, and your join date is less than 5 months, everyone has got to start somewhere.[/quote]

Andro - Sometimes the bait is worth getting caught.... You never know, maybe the Kicks will promote you like the Rangers did John Daniels if you step up and show how dedicated you are to the Kicks Nation!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 08/03/13, 02:03 pm

BleedFutbol wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:Entire thread is contrived. Two of the posters joined on Mar. 7.

While it is true I just joined, I wasn't really that interested in the forum until I needed to find a new team. Beside, I never addressed Andro, and your join date is less than 5 months, everyone has got to start somewhere.

Clubs have thier own style for sure - lots of harrassment goes towards Kicks, but they do have a good D1 and D2 team. If you have a strategy great, stick to it and be patient and your DD will find a spot.

List out what is important to you top 5 things should get priortized and then set a plan for guesting/ practicing as soon as you can. Set your DD's brain straight first so she does not freeze up during this process. It should be easier with keepers than other players...

BTW - have a backup plan as well - signing day can surface surprises and no team will keep more than 2 keepers on a roster (if that is your DD's love) make sure she is clearly better that the other - sitting the bench, well would such IMHO

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next