North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

01 keeper seeking new team for fall - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

01 keeper seeking new team for fall - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Post by Hook It 08/03/13, 02:03 pm

BleedFutbol wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:Entire thread is contrived. Two of the posters joined on Mar. 7.

Another is using his alter ego alias. It's just typical trolling.

Andro - don't take the bait.

Dallas Kicks really do have some amazing 01s.

While it is true I just joined, I wasn't really that interested in the forum until I needed to find a new team. Beside, I never addressed Andro, and your join date is less than 5 months, everyone has got to start somewhere.

Clubs have thier own style for sure - lots of harrassment goes towards Kicks, but they do have a good D1 and D2 team. If you have a strategy great, stick to it and be patient and your DD will find a spot.

List out what is important to you top 5 things should get priortized and then set a plan for guesting/ practicing as soon as you can. Set your DD's brain straight first so she does not freeze up during this process. It should be easier with keepers than other players...

BTW - have a backup plan as well - signing day can surface surprises and no team will keep more than 2 keepers on a roster (if that is your DD's love) make sure she is clearly better that the other - sitting the bench, well would such IMHO

Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

01 keeper seeking new team for fall - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 keeper seeking new team for fall

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 02:13 pm

3keeperfamily wrote:Look I am not trying to insult anyone.

Nah... you're just trying to get others to do it for you.

I mean really? You are coming on here in the middle of Spring league season, asking on a public forum if there is any LHGCL team that is looking for a keeper?

Do you really think people are going to line up on here to say "Hey, my DD's team needs a better keeper than we have..." or "You know, the keeper for Suchnsuch FC really SUCKED when we played them, I bet they'd be interested in checking your DD out..."

The least you could've done was had the decency and tact to say "Please send me a PM if interested."

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 08/03/13, 02:19 pm

bwgophers wrote:

I mean really? You are coming on here in the middle of Spring league season, asking on a public forum if there is any LHGCL team that is looking for a keeper?

Do you really think people are going to line up on here to say "Hey, my DD's team needs a better keeper than we have..." or "You know, the keeper for Suchnsuch FC really SUCKED when we played them, I bet they'd be interested in checking your DD out..."

The least you could've done was had the decency and tact to say "Please send me a PM if interested."

Rolling Eyes

pale What a Face

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 08/03/13, 02:28 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Always Wise Sage BWG. Always Wise.

OBTW Everyone Say "Odyssey" on three. one, two...
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 08/03/13, 02:34 pm

CharlieSheen's Brain wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I Apologize to Odyssey World, In my haze I missed the 97 versus 98 clue. Please on the count of three and after inhaling very deeply Say GSSC! I would say your DD got a great experience this year with all those shots coming at her.
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kicking&screeming 08/03/13, 02:47 pm

3-4-3 wrote:Entire thread is contrived. Two of the posters joined on Mar. 7.

Another is using his alter ego alias. It's just typical trolling.

Andro - don't take the bait.
cheers

kicking&screeming
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 02:55 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I Apologize to Odyssey World, In my haze I missed the 97 versus 98 clue. Please on the count of three and after inhaling very deeply Say GSSC! I would say your DD got a great experience this year with all those shots coming at her.

GSSC?!?!?!?!?!? HA HA HA! I know who that is and exactly who the parents are. Now worries all you D1 & D2 keepers, she's RIGHT where she needs to be and your sidelines are safe. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 03:05 pm

me?obsessed? wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

GSSC?!?!?!?!?!? HA HA HA! I know who that is and exactly who the parents are. Now worries all you D1 & D2 keepers, she's RIGHT where she needs to be and your sidelines are safe. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Frankly, it doesn't matter whether we've guessed the team correctly or not. If Mr. "Look I'm not trying to insult anyone except my DD's current team" hadn't already directly told all the other parents that his DD is "slumming" it on her current team, he certainly has now...

Of course, I guess there could be multiple PPL '01 D1 teams with a keeper who's family just moved back to Roanoke after living in Austin for a couple of years, who has a '97 and '01 with teams within the same club, who's '01 played on Lonestar's Jr. ECNL team, who's current '01 team lost every game they played in the LHGCL QT last year, right?

Would love to be a casual observer at that team's next practice or game...

Last edited by bwgophers on 08/03/13, 04:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 08/03/13, 03:31 pm

3keeperfamily wrote: Look she played on the top Lonestar SC team in Austin.

In that case, she probably couldn't play for Kicks anyway! Razz Razz
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 03:53 pm

Wow amazing this got blown totally out of proportion. I took the advise of a well respected member of the soccer community by posting in here to see who would be looking for next year. Was not looking for anyone to insult what they have now. People move and change teams every season just curious if anyone knew they were loosing there's or had injury.

My DD did see a lot of action however she needs a coach and team that challenge her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 04:11 pm

FYI we have already told our coaches and club coaches we are planning on leaving. All stated they understood. They all had the opportunity to see her play at her level before she came to current team.

And since ya all wanna talk about insulting ppl on here someone sure did insult my DD didn't they?? And you obviously do NOT know who you are talking about if you think she is where she needs to be.

And if you do know who I am it's cuz your on Our current team and no I was the first to speak up that we were looking in the meeting. Or you are the person that was banned from soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 08/03/13, 04:41 pm

3keeperfamily wrote:I took the advise of a well respected member of the soccer community by posting in here

Good one
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 04:46 pm

My bad!! This is my last post on the subject. If you have suggestion PLEASE PM me!

New to this forum thing and it will be my last!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/13, 04:55 pm

3keeperfamily wrote:Wow amazing this got blown totally out of proportion. I took the advise of a well respected member of the soccer community by posting in here to see who would be looking for next year. Was not looking for anyone to insult what they have now. People move and change teams every season just curious if anyone knew they were loosing there's or had injury.

My DD did see a lot of action however she needs a coach and team that challenge her.

O.K. I jumped you pretty hard on here, so now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just a bit naive about how this forum works, and give you a couple of pieces of advice that will hopefully prevent your situation from blowing up next time. Whether or not you decide to use my advice is completely up to you...

First - You did receive good advice about posting on the forum that your '01 DD is a keeper looking for a new team for next year. This is a great place to make contacts and get started. The problem is in how you went about doing it...

Problem #1: You didn't keep it anonymous. Between your username, and unique tidbits of personal information you gave, you made it easy for people associated with your current team OR any team that you may look to play for in the future, to identify who you are.

Problem #2: You directly identified and publicly insulted a couple of individuals. Namely the coach(s) of the Kicks teams you played against. Maybe you don't feel like you insulted them, but you did. Doesn't reflect on you in a positive light.

Problem #3: You publicly and outwardly bragged on your DD with the unsolicited comment about her playing for Lonestar's top team, and further made it worse with subsequent comments basically saying that your DD is "too good" to be playing in PPL D1. While you may firmly believe that, and/or it may be completely true, it's very bad form to come out and say those things on a forum like this. Save that information for a private conversation with your prospective new coach, and otherwise, simply let your DD's play do the talking for her. When it comes to your DD, a little humility will go a long way. ...and, whether you realize it or not, you also publicly insulted your current coach, and your DD's current teammates with the comments that your DD is better than PPL, and the snarky remark about your DD's current team losing all 3 games in QT last year. Again... bad form, and given that you made it easy to identify who you are, probably isn't going to make for a warm reception for you or your DD on the sidelines for the rest of the year.

Problem #4: You got defensive. Other than insulting another player/coach/parent/team, and/or publicly bragging on your DD, nothing will bring on the wrath of the forum faster then getting defensive about comments you made in previous posts.

Next time, try the following:

My '01 DD is a keeper and is looking for a new team for next year. Ideally, we are looking for a team that will be playing in LHGCL next year. We live in Tarrant County, but are willing to travel for the right fit. Please send a PM if you know of any teams that are currently looking, or may be looking for keeper for next season.

You could possibly even throw in the line "She is currently playing in PPL, but has played at a higher level in the past."

Any details beyond that are best shared via PM, phone conversation, or face-to-face.

Again, just my advice and opinion, for what it's worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by bananakick 08/03/13, 04:59 pm

OK, I will try to give some straightforward information. You are at least 7 weeks early in posting about trying to find a new team for your DD. In addition, there is a forum on txsoccer.net for exactly that, called "01 Tryouts/Team/Players Looking".

Things typically heat up on that forum in May/June. By that time, the Lake Highlands season is over, and teams start taking on guest players in tournaments, with an eye toward signing players for the next year starting July 1. There are lots of rules about when releases are required from your DD's current coach -- look at the NTSSA bylaws for that info:

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/assets/pdfs/North_Texas_Soccer_2012-2013_Bylaws_and_Rules_updated_02-2013.pdf

bananakick
bananakick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneypenny 08/03/13, 05:09 pm

Just a different perspective...some of the best keepers are those that did not play on the top teams early in their career. They played on teams where they took a lot of shots and got a lot of experience.

I'm not saying that you are wrong to make a move but you may want to consider some other options as you begin the search. As a parent, I am focused on a good environment with the best training available. Because of the specialty training of the position, I would be looking for a club/team with a keeper coach that can take her to the next level. This may not be the same as moving to a "better" team.

Moneypenny
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.007.com

Back to top Go down

Post by **SweetFeet** 10/03/13, 12:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:
3keeperfamily wrote:Wow amazing this got blown totally out of proportion. I took the advise of a well respected member of the soccer community by posting in here to see who would be looking for next year. Was not looking for anyone to insult what they have now. People move and change teams every season just curious if anyone knew they were loosing there's or had injury.

O.K. I jumped you pretty hard on here, so now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just a bit naive about how this forum works, and give you a couple of pieces of advice that will hopefully prevent your situation from blowing up next time. Whether or not you decide to use my advice is completely up to you...

First - You did receive good advice about posting on the forum that your '01 DD is a keeper looking for a new team for next year. This is a great place to make contacts and get started. The problem is in how you went about doing it...

Problem #1: You didn't keep it anonymous. Between your username, and unique tidbits of personal information you gave, you made it easy for people associated with your current team OR any team that you may look to play for in the future, to identify who you are.

Problem #2: You directly identified and publicly insulted a couple of individuals. Namely the coach(s) of the Kicks teams you played against. Maybe you don't feel like you insulted them, but you did. Doesn't reflect on you in a positive light.

Problem #3: You publicly and outwardly bragged on your DD with the unsolicited comment about her playing for Lonestar's top team, and further made it worse with subsequent comments basically saying that your DD is "too good" to be playing in PPL D1. While you may firmly believe that, and/or it may be completely true, it's very bad form to come out and say those things on a forum like this. Save that information for a private conversation with your prospective new coach, and otherwise, simply let your DD's play do the talking for her. When it comes to your DD, a little humility will go a long way. ...and, whether you realize it or not, you also publicly insulted your current coach, and your DD's current teammates with the comments that your DD is better than PPL, and the snarky remark about your DD's current team losing all 3 games in QT last year. Again... bad form, and given that you made it easy to identify who you are, probably isn't going to make for a warm reception for you or your DD on the sidelines for the rest of the year.

Problem #4: You got defensive. Other than insulting another player/coach/parent/team, and/or publicly bragging on your DD, nothing will bring on the wrath of the forum faster then getting defensive about comments you made in previous posts.

Next time, try the following:

My '01 DD is a keeper and is looking for a new team for next year. Ideally, we are looking for a team that will be playing in LHGCL next year. We live in Tarrant County, but are willing to travel for the right fit. Please send a PM if you know of any teams that are currently looking, or may be looking for keeper for next season.

You could possibly even throw in the line "She is currently playing in PPL, but has played at a higher level in the past."

Any details beyond that are best shared via PM, phone conversation, or face-to-face.

Again, just my advice and opinion, for what it's worth.

cheers

**SweetFeet**
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/03/13, 01:06 pm

cheers cheers drunken

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/03/13, 10:16 pm

Out4ever wrote:And since ya all wanna talk about insulting ppl on here someone sure did insult my DD didn't they?? And you obviously do NOT know who you are talking about if you think she is where she needs to be.

And if you do know who I am it's cuz your on Our current team and no I was the first to speak up that we were looking in the meeting. Or you are the person that was banned from soccer.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................I have nothing to do with your team, I do know what I am talking about, I do know who you are without having to be associated with your team (you have this thing in soccer called opponents, and they have supporters as well...............), and it's not that hard to pick out the parents of a keeper, especially your DD's.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo whatever. Keep on diggin'......................

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 11/03/13, 08:09 am

me?obsessed? wrote:
Out4ever wrote:And since ya all wanna talk about insulting ppl on here someone sure did insult my DD didn't they?? And you obviously do NOT know who you are talking about if you think she is where she needs to be.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................I have nothing to do with your team, I do know what I am talking about, I do know who you are without having to be associated with your team (you have this thing in soccer called opponents, and they have supporters as well...............), and it's not that hard to pick out the parents of a keeper, especially your DD's.

It's because we are the ones sitting alone on the side lines, rocking back and forth and talking to ourselves.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/03/13, 09:44 am

nukem wrote:
me?obsessed? wrote:

It's because we are the ones sitting alone on the side lines, rocking back and forth and talking to ourselves.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 11/03/13, 11:36 am

nukem wrote:
me?obsessed? wrote:

Lol!
BleedFutbol
BleedFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 11/03/13, 09:01 pm

BleedFutbol wrote:
nukem wrote:
me?obsessed? wrote:

Lol!
Thankfully my DD left the goal many years ago!! cheers sunny

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 12/03/13, 09:54 am

nukem wrote:

It's because we are the ones sitting alone on the side lines, rocking back and forth and talking to ourselves.[/quote]

Haha so very true. And not just us.. Our DD4 also rocks back and forth talking to herself in goal. The insanity of throwing body in the path of projectiles for fun, seasons of blunt force trauma and time spent alone has led to paranoia and lengthy philosophical discussions with her side posts, like crazy Eddie Belfour on the ice back in the day.
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CAsoccer 19/03/13, 12:15 pm

Out4ever wrote:I have an 01 keeper who is looking to make a move. She played JR ECNL in Austin last year. We moved back to the DFW area last summer. Picked a team so both my daughters were at the same club. Very very happy with 97 team but not so much the 01 team. We live in the Roanoke area. Willing to drive for the right fit. Anyone hav any suggestions.

If your daughter is available to guest in the Dallas International Cup, please send me a pm.
CAsoccer
CAsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2