North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How to look for a new team with an injured player? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

How to look for a new team with an injured player?

Go down

How to look for a new team with an injured player? Empty How to look for a new team with an injured player?

Post by Go2goal 28/04/13, 10:41 am

My dd was hurt yesterday in her game. We were planning on looking for a new team June 1 and per the ER doc she may be out 5 to 6 weeks. Anyone have any suggestions how to find a new team with a injured player?

Go2goal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

How to look for a new team with an injured player? Empty Re: How to look for a new team with an injured player?

Post by Guest 28/04/13, 05:54 pm

What? No takers at all for this question? What a disappointment. Where is the useless rhetoric from a guy like Total Soccer when you need it?

Deep breath. Things like this have happened before to players. Five to six weeks is nothing. If your daughter is a stud, the receiving coach will take her on despite being damaged goods. Her reputation will be sufficient. Similarly, if she's a D1 player and was looking to move down a peg or two to a lower division, a coach will probably make a spot for her on the roster. It would help your case to know parents on the team she is considering that can make pitch her case to the coach.

But to tell the truth, I don't recommend any of the "sign-her-up-and-hope-for-the-best" approaches. It's easier than that. First, you let her completely recover. Don't rush things. After that, give her 4-6 weeks to practice and get back on her game: By herself, private skills, camps, guesting in tournaments, a PSA soccer team, etc. THEN you start checking out teams and take the time for her to find the right one. Sure, some might be filled. Most coaches, however, will keep an open roster slot knowing that they, too, could lose a player at any moment to injury. There's always a place to play. But you don't want her to land in the wrong place to play because you think you have to.

Back to top Go down

How to look for a new team with an injured player? Empty Re: How to look for a new team with an injured player?

Post by Its Me 28/04/13, 06:29 pm

You have several options:

1. If your DD is a stud on the field you'll be able to move off of reputation.
2. If your looking for more playing time then talk to your current coach and see if he/she will refer you to a team/coach.
3. Since signing isn't until July 1st you should have the last couple of weeks to get to tryouts and maybe be able to perform at 80% to sell a coach. During those 2 or 3 weeks you can maximize your practice times by finding a team that practices on Mon/Wed to attend. Then find a team that practices on Tues/Thurs to attend. This way you'll have two teams to practice with in the short amount of times.

Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Go2goal 29/04/13, 09:31 am

Thanks for your responses. We were not sure if we should contact the coaches we wanted to visit and explain her position or just wait for her to get better. I know she needs to be seen as as good or better than anyone currently on the team.

Go2goal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 29/04/13, 10:39 pm

Go2goal wrote:Thanks for your responses. We were not sure if we should contact the coaches we wanted to visit and explain her position or just wait for her to get better. I know she needs to be seen as as good or better than anyone currently on the team.

Actually, that is not true so much.... she only needs to be seen as an upgrade to the areas the coach wants to improve on. Iti is not so often that a player will come in and be better than most of the existing team is already....

Stay focused on her strengths and make sure you and your family will be viewed as a asset to the team and not a liability. I know a few LH teams that never did fill their roster this season so there will be spots, and hopefully one will be a good fit for you and your family.

BTW, signing day is July 1 so stick with your team until you know you have something better for your DD/Family... hopefully it is not too late for that IMHO.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 29/04/13, 11:47 pm

Xara wrote:What? No takers at all for this question? What a disappointment. Where is the useless rhetoric from a guy like Total Soccer when you need it?

Deep breath. Things like this have happened before to players. Five to six weeks is nothing. If your daughter is a stud, the receiving coach will take her on despite being damaged goods. Her reputation will be sufficient. Similarly, if she's a D1 player and was looking to move down a peg or two to a lower division, a coach will probably make a spot for her on the roster. It would help your case to know parents on the team she is considering that can make pitch her case to the coach.

But to tell the truth, I don't recommend any of the "sign-her-up-and-hope-for-the-best" approaches. It's easier than that. First, you let her completely recover. Don't rush things. After that, give her 4-6 weeks to practice and get back on her game: By herself, private skills, camps, guesting in tournaments, a PSA soccer team, etc. THEN you start checking out teams and take the time for her to find the right one. Sure, some might be filled. Most coaches, however, will keep an open roster slot knowing that they, too, could lose a player at any moment to injury. There's always a place to play. But you don't want her to land in the wrong place to play because you think you have to.

Nicely done; I couldn't more. There will be spots open after July 1. Wouldn't hurt to give prospective coaches heads up on situation. The good one will be honest about their situation.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 29/04/13, 11:49 pm

Xara wrote:What? No takers at all for this question? What a disappointment. Where is the useless rhetoric from a guy like Total Soccer when you need it?

Nicely done; I couldn't agree more. There will be spots open after July 1. Wouldn't hurt to give prospective coaches heads up on situation. The good one will be honest about their situation.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 30/04/13, 07:35 am

Deja Vu?
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 30/04/13, 09:53 am

Blank77 wrote:Deja Vu?
Deja Vu?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down