North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

it's a new year Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

it's a new year

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

it's a new year Empty it's a new year

Post by yo#10 01/07/13, 12:46 am

Im little shocked there has been no talk of movement and upcoming year. I'll be brave and tackle the big ones.
FCD-Lost two starters, why I don't know , got one from lower team -hear he does not have full 16 roster.Maybe waiting for last minute moves from another big team (HINT HINT). but if no one comes who cares-still has best two players in 02 -so bang.

Higgs-so I'm guessing the Glotzs kids did not work out so well. Lost 3 overall 2 were Glotz- all non starters. Why? Im guessing couldn't cut the mustard. Picked up 2 from lower teams trying to make it big.
Still got bunch of orig. Rowdies -so they be ok, unless anyone looking to jump before the sign on da line.

South- How does the old saying go?? One man's..... Picked up 2 Higg girls maybe they'll be better fit for Gabe. Didn't lose anyone of significance.

Dynamo/Rush- Picked up one or two key players We might see them inch up-if new girls bring toughness and intensity that are contagious.

Solar/Colvin- got a former player back , picked up a few others. Avoiding injuries-should be a good surrounding cast for their key gal. Will 03 Rock stars help?

Sting- kept basic stronger girls picked up a few players wanting more -might be contenders. I hear he was pining for a few kids but did not get them.

SoLAR/ Pulp -Well let's say they lost one-their coach.......................................... Will Pulp make something more of this team. All I gotts to say is -playtime is over girls, let the fun begin.

Fever- yo-not in D1 butShould be kings of D2 -new coach.

Feet-Lost some kids -Still has few glotz and such , coach gotts get them organized, as well as spectators. Might help with recruiting. just sayin'
Like it or hate it , that's my call. I know I must of left out teams, but who cares.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

it's a new year Empty Re: it's a new year

Post by mommabear1 01/07/13, 06:40 am

Maybe some other folks feel like I do about all this....let's just enjoy the game already. Let the girls play and find pure joy in what they are doing. Who really cares who went where anymore. I hope every girl is having fun, making new friends, and excited about a new opportunity to develop and play "the beautiful game". Smile

Best of luck sweet girls...I wish you all a wonderful year!

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hombre 01/07/13, 12:43 pm

mommabear1 wrote:Maybe some other folks feel like I do about all this....let's just enjoy the game already.  Let the girls play and find pure joy in what they are doing.  Who really cares who went where anymore.  I hope every girl is having fun, making new friends, and excited about a new opportunity to develop and play "the beautiful game".  Smile

Best of luck sweet girls...I wish you all a wonderful year!

The ones that care about player movement are the ones that are pursuing king of the mountain status. Most people below the top few teams don't worry about it, but those top 3 or 4 teams always will. Everyone else just wants play time and staying up or moving up in a league.
hombre
hombre
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBend 01/07/13, 01:26 pm

Thanks for posting. If all true, I find the new season's movement of players quite compelling.

I find it interesting that the top teams only churn 2-3. While I've heard that some of the lower teams had more movement. I suppose the top teams look to keep a core together while the lesser teams look to re-tool?

I'm surprised that FCD lost starters. Why? Where did they go? You would think they had the best situation great team and ample playing time. On the other hand, Higg (I [u]assume[/u]releases) churns thru 2/3 players.

I suppose that the others don't matter much. However, I've heard that some key starters from other teams have surfaced in other places. D'Feet to gained a couple?

Colvin '03's will make the next season interesting to watch.

BigBend
BigBend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 01/07/13, 03:50 pm

BigBend wrote:Thanks for posting.  If all true, I find the new season's movement of players quite compelling.

I find it interesting that the top teams only churn 2-3.  While I've heard that some of the lower teams had more movement.  I suppose the top teams look to keep a core together while the lesser teams look to re-tool?  

I'm surprised that FCD lost starters. Why? Where did they go?  You would think they had the best situation great team and ample playing time.  On the other hand, Higg (I [u]assume[/u]releases) churns thru 2/3 players.

I suppose that the others don't matter much.  However, I've heard that some key starters from other  teams have surfaced in other places.  D'Feet to gained a couple?

Well you see in the top teams and I mean top 2 there is a kind of hierarchy of players parents. Few girls/families that are valued a little more it's very apparent -kids play more, start regardless of practices, allowed to mess up in game and stay on-spoken to differently chosen for extra things, coach give them pep talks and not others. You know those kids at practice leading the gang and ya better not cross them, or your kids time on team is not so pleasant etc.They are also typically the ones yelling nastily at teammates particularly when frustrated. Parents are in "the know", talk to the coach , know inside info-either from coach or manager or both.. Grubb  has -2 Higgy few more with 4/5.
Some people can accept this and play along side -knowing no matter what we'll be second best in this coaches eyes. Some are not content with this and strive to look for the team where it does not exist or where their kid can be in this spot. Hence -that "could be" what happened at the Grubb crib-sometimes starting on the top team is not all its cracked up to be. Some people actually want their kids to be treated fairly and let the play speak for itself rather than how good a kid was 2 years ago . Alls Im saying is a top team might look glamorous but there's a lot of junk that goes along with winning every game. Some kids and families can play the game some can not.

Last edited by TripDDs on 01/07/13, 06:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Poster didn't understand how to quote)

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/13, 04:08 pm

yo#10 wrote:
BigBend wrote:Thanks for posting.  If all true, I find the new season's movement of players quite compelling.

I find it interesting that the top teams only churn 2-3.  While I've heard that some of the lower teams had more movement.  I suppose the top teams look to keep a core together while the lesser teams look to re-tool?  

I'm surprised that FCD lost starters. Why? Where did they go?  You would think they had the best situation great team and ample playing time.  On the other hand, Higg (I [u]assume[/u]releases) churns thru 2/3 players.

I suppose that the others don't matter much.  However, I've heard that some key starters from other  teams have surfaced in other places.  D'Feet to gained a couple?

Well you see in the top teams and I mean top 2 there is a kind of hierarchy of players parents. Few girls/families that are valued a little more it's very apparent -kids play more, start regardless of practices, allowed to mess up in game and stay on-spoken to differently chosen for extra things, coach give them pep talks and not others. You know those kids at practice leading the gang and ya better not cross them, or your kids time on team is not so pleasant etc.They are also typically the ones yelling nastily at teammates particularly when frustrated. Parents are in "the know", talk to the coach , know inside info-either from coach or manager or both.. Grubb  has -2 Higgy few more with 4/5.
Some people can accept this and play along side -knowing no matter what we'll be second best in this coaches eyes. Some are not content with this and strive to look for the team where it does not exist or where their kid can be in this spot. Hence -that "could be" what happened at the Grubb crib-sometimes starting on the top team is not all its cracked up to be. Some people actually want their kids to be treated fairly and let the play speak for itself rather than how good a kid was 2 years ago . Alls Im saying is a top team might look glamorous but there's a lot of junk that goes along with winning every game. Some kids and families can play the game some can not.

You post is true, but that is the way it has always been on the top teams and not just in soccer but in life.  This is one of the lessons the kids can learn from soccer.  The very best people at any job, sport or venture get special treatment.  IF the top "studs" on the team are treated better by the coach or manager it is normally because they are the very best players on the team and do most of the scoring, defending, great goalkeeping etc.  I try to teach my kids there is nothing wrong with that and they should aspire to get into that position.  It is pointless for another player to get jealous or be petty because the better players get more attention.  That is simply the way it works.  The best looking girls always got asked out more in HS too.  

Not saying there is anything wrong or right about that, but it is reality and you need to learn to deal with it. One way to deal with it is move teams, another is to accept it for what it is, and another is to become one of the "studs" or chosen few.  

On the flip side, there is an added pressure of being the "Stud" on the team.  You are expected to carry the load, to score, to stop the best offensive player on the team and if you have a bad game, the teams suffers and it is mainly your fault.  If  you want the accolades that go with being the best, go to player, then you have to accept it is your fault if the team is struggling.

This is why it sometimes amazes me when all the parents want their kids to be forward.  Yes forwards get recognition when they score, but if they don't score, they have failed for that game.  The forwards job is to score..period.  If your kid plays forward a whole game and does not put the ball in the net, she has failed for that game.  That is a lot of pressure.  It goes both ways.

Last edited by RunsLikeWind on 01/07/13, 04:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 01/07/13, 04:09 pm

yo#10 wrote:

Wow - that sounds like a great environment!  They should charge more for the kids that aren't in the "top tier".
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hombre 02/07/13, 07:17 am

Parent politics with coach are always a nasty issue on most teams because the ones in the know are not always the parents of Studgirl. But what I think drives a lot of player movement is lack of chances even if she starts. If your DD is on a team where her natural best position is locked up by Studgirl or Politicalgirl, your DD will find that coach puts her in other places and demands most everyone play the ball through Studgirl as much as possible. It makes sense for winning games but it don't help your kid develop.
hombre
hombre
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 10:03 am

This age group has so much talent concentrated at the top it's untrue. Fun to watch but very tough for kids to handle the competitiveness that comes with that. Another year begins and so far dd has managed to keep pace !

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBend 02/07/13, 10:31 am

RunsLikeWind wrote:
yo#10 wrote:

You post is true, but that is the way it has always been on the top teams and not just in soccer but in life.  This is one of the lessons the kids can learn from soccer.  The very best people at any job, sport or venture get special treatment.  IF the top "studs" on the team are treated better by the coach or manager it is normally because they are the very best players on the team and do most of the scoring, defending, great goalkeeping etc.  I try to teach my kids there is nothing wrong with that and they should aspire to get into that position.  It is pointless for another player to get jealous or be petty because the better players get more attention.  That is simply the way it works.  The best looking girls always got asked out more in HS too.  

Not saying there is anything wrong or right about that, but it is reality and you need to learn to deal with it. One way to deal with it is move teams, another is to accept it for what it is, and another is to become one of the "studs" or chosen few.  

On the flip side, there is an added pressure of being the "Stud" on the team.  You are expected to carry the load, to score, to stop the best offensive player on the team and if you have a bad game, the teams suffers and it is mainly your fault.  If  you want the accolades that go with being the best, go to player, then you have to accept it is your fault if the team is struggling.

This is why it sometimes amazes me when all the parents want their kids to be forward.  Yes forwards get recognition when they score, but if they don't score, they have failed for that game.  The forwards job is to score..period.  If your kid plays forward a whole game and does not put the ball in the net, she has failed for that game.  That is a lot of pressure.  It goes both ways.

In agreement with your post above... Parents a looking for the "obvious" and "quick" glory of scoring goals. In my opinion, it's cultural. The headliner gets the glory. In soccer's case the striker usually scores and get's the high fives, hugs and triggers the fireworks. Overlooked is the three or four great touches which allowed enabled the opportunity. Our culture rewards offense (home run hitters, running backs, and basketball players that score many.)

To drive the your point further, what happens when your side looses 0-1 due to a defensive or goal keeping mistake. Parents may rather have their DD's mistakes be from missing a shot rather than letting one pass by her.

As for parents and politics... it's what makes North Texas Soccer even more fun. My firends and family in Michigan say that boy's hockey is equally intense from a parental perspective.

Changing gears.... D'feet will likely play Higg in the season opener assuming 10 plays 1, 9 plays 2 etc.) Did 'Feet's coach grab the right 8 new players to keep from being blown out the first game of the season?
BigBend
BigBend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 02/07/13, 01:17 pm

SoftballDad wrote:This age group has so much talent concentrated at the top it's untrue. Fun to watch but very tough for kids to handle the competitiveness that comes with that. Another year begins and so far dd has managed to keep pace !

Yes I'd have to agree we have the 02 top players on top teams
FCD-2 (way above) 3 right under
Higgs-4
South-1
Solar-1
Sting-1
Gio-2
Blast-1
So concentrated among the top two teams are 9 of the top 02 players IMHO

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 02/07/13, 01:19 pm

BigBend wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
yo#10 wrote:

In agreement with your post above... Parents a looking for the "obvious" and "quick" glory of scoring goals.  In my opinion, it's cultural.  The headliner gets the glory.  In soccer's case the striker usually scores and get's the high fives, hugs and triggers the fireworks.  Overlooked is the three or four great touches which allowed enabled the opportunity.  Our culture rewards offense (home run hitters, running backs, and basketball players that score many.)

To drive the your point further, what happens when your side looses 0-1 due to a defensive or goal keeping mistake.  Parents may rather have their DD's mistakes be from missing a shot rather than letting one pass by her.  

As for parents and politics... it's what makes North Texas Soccer even more fun.  My firends and family in Michigan say that boy's hockey is equally intense from a parental perspective.  

Changing gears.... D'feet will likely play Higg in the season opener assuming 10 plays 1, 9 plays 2 etc.) Did 'Feet's coach grab the right 8 new players to keep from being blown out the first game of the season?
And while it would be thrilling for feet to beat Higgy. I don't see it happening unless the 8 players they snagged were theirs.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 02/07/13, 01:47 pm

yo#10 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:This age group has so much talent concentrated at the top it's untrue. Fun to watch but very tough for kids to handle the competitiveness that comes with that. Another year begins and so far dd has managed to keep pace !

Higgs-4
South-1
Solar-1
Sting-1
Gio-2
Blast-1

FCD has best player. The second best player at the 02 level is the 03 stud playing up. She might become the top player by season end. Remember I told you so!
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 04:25 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:
yo#10 wrote:

Higgs-4
South-1
Solar-1
Sting-1
Gio-2
Blast-1

FCD has best player. The second best player at the 02 level is the 03 stud playing up. She might become the top player by season end. Remember I told you so!

Is it official that the 03 is playing up? If it it true then that will make predicting the games just that much more difficult. I can't wait!!!!bounce bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBend 02/07/13, 05:01 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:
yo#10 wrote:

Higgs-4
South-1
Solar-1
Sting-1
Gio-2
Blast-1

Here's a wild thought... What if you wanted to build the North Texas Regional Team (NTX All Star Team) to go up against the SO.Cal. Regional Team? Who would you pick?
Yo's list is Top '02 OFFENSIVE players...Which I agree with. '03 Stud can be added to the list. But what if you were picking an All Star Team? You would need Strikers, Mid's, Defenders and GK, right? I think that the majority of the of the top players here are strikers and mids. Who then would be chosen? I'm sure the majority of the list make it. But you would need to add some defense.
An ever wilder thought... who would coach the team and manage the Type A parents of these All-Stars?cheers 
BigBend
BigBend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee 02/07/13, 10:44 pm

Games are, have been and always will be WON by defense. Proven time and again.
You can't win without defense. You can have your so called stud from FC, which, by the way didn't show anything when we play them, mainly because our defense shut her down completely.
Defense wins. It is not a glamorous job. No one cares. No one gets any accolades. Dirty job and all, but can't win without it. Defense is an art. Something most people out here don't understand because they only want to see that flashy scorer. You can win 1-0 with great defense and a so so offense. Or you can have your prima dona studs and lose 10-9. OK?
Defense wins!
If you don't believe me......watch the turn over from each team every year. The defense pretty much stays the same. The front is always changing and people come and go. But when you find a solid defender, the coach, and I mean one who knows about soccer,always makes an effort to keep her around.

Referee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by legitsoccermom 03/07/13, 12:41 am

Referee wrote:   Games are, have been and always will be WON by defense.  Proven time and again.  
 You can't win without defense.  You can have your so called stud from FC, which, by the way didn't show anything when we play them, mainly because our defense shut her down completely.  
 Defense wins.  It is not a glamorous job.  No one cares.  No one gets any accolades.  Dirty job and all, but can't win without it.    Defense is an art.  Something most people out here don't understand because they only want to see that flashy scorer.    You can win 1-0 with great defense and a so so offense.  Or you can have your prima dona studs and lose 10-9.  OK?
 Defense wins!
 If you don't believe me......watch the turn over from each team every year.  The defense pretty much stays the same.  The front is always changing and people come and go.  But when you find a solid defender, the coach, and I mean one who knows about soccer,always makes an effort to keep her around.  

So very well said.. the defender beast ALWAYS gets over looked...unless she  shuts down that superstar forward..
legitsoccermom
legitsoccermom
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline 03/07/13, 09:07 am

legitsoccermom wrote:
Referee wrote:   Games are, have been and always will be WON by defense.  Proven time and again.  
 You can't win without defense.  You can have your so called stud from FC, which, by the way didn't show anything when we play them, mainly because our defense shut her down completely.  
 Defense wins.  It is not a glamorous job.  No one cares.  No one gets any accolades.  Dirty job and all, but can't win without it.    Defense is an art.  Something most people out here don't understand because they only want to see that flashy scorer.    You can win 1-0 with great defense and a so so offense.  Or you can have your prima dona studs and lose 10-9.  OK?
 Defense wins!
 If you don't believe me......watch the turn over from each team every year.  The defense pretty much stays the same.  The front is always changing and people come and go.  But when you find a solid defender, the coach, and I mean one who knows about soccer,always makes an effort to keep her around.  

So very well said.. the defender beast ALWAYS gets over looked...unless she  shuts down that superstar forward..

Finally someone talking sense...the defense often overlooked...just look at the Higg/grubb state cup final...no "powerhouse, super stud, best player in '02" scored in that game. Both defenses played amazing against tough offenses.
sideline
sideline
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 09:29 am

Defense wins!

Defense Schmefense!!! Everyone knows the only skilled kids on the field are the offensive players and they put the slow, uncoordinated kids in the back and tell them to hoof it to the skilled prima donna's up front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee 03/07/13, 09:59 am

You don't know anything about soccer then. When you say the best player, you must mean the best forward. Not the best player. Most forwards can't defend. They think it s easy. It is not. You cannot say that a good forward is the best player in the team. Only the best forward. Her job is to score and if she does, then she did her job. Nothing more. Your forward is nothing without your defenders. My dd is a defender and is the fastest in the team, forwards and all included. A clear example of someone who doesn't know anything about soccer are your comments about putting slow uncoordinated ones on back. We go and scout potential opponents and watch them play to see what their weaknesses are. We put a lot of work and take pride on developing her defense skills.
Besides, most good stud forwards, and their parents, come with a lot of baggage and a sense of me me me. Who needs that?
A good solid defender always saves the day.

Referee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 03/07/13, 10:02 am

Referee wrote: You don't know anything about soccer then.    When you say the best player, you must mean the best forward.  Not the best player.  Most forwards can't defend.  They think it s easy.  It is not.  You cannot say that a good forward is the best player in the team.  Only the best forward.  Her job is to score and if she does, then she did her job.  Nothing more.  Your forward is nothing without your defenders.   My dd is a defender and is the fastest in the team, forwards and all included.   A clear example of someone who doesn't know anything about soccer are your comments about putting slow uncoordinated ones on back. We go and scout potential opponents and watch them play to see what their weaknesses are.  We put a lot of work and take pride on developing her defense skills.  
 Besides, most good stud forwards,  and their parents, come with a lot of baggage and a sense of me me me.  Who needs that?  

I think RunsLiketheWind was joking ...
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/07/13, 10:16 am

Referee wrote: You don't know anything about soccer then.    When you say the best player, you must mean the best forward.  Not the best player.  Most forwards can't defend.  They think it s easy.  It is not.  You cannot say that a good forward is the best player in the team.  Only the best forward.  Her job is to score and if she does, then she did her job.  Nothing more.  Your forward is nothing without your defenders.   My dd is a defender and is the fastest in the team, forwards and all included.   A clear example of someone who doesn't know anything about soccer are your comments about putting slow uncoordinated ones on back. We go and scout potential opponents and watch them play to see what their weaknesses are.  We put a lot of work and take pride on developing her defense skills.  
 Besides, most good stud forwards,  and their parents, come with a lot of baggage and a sense of me me me.  Who needs that?  

I was being sarcastic and attempting to be humorous. I like a good defender just as much as a good forward and they both have their role in a team. I do agree that the forwards get all the attention from the masses, but most that know anything about soccer can appreciate a good defensive player. And yes, often times they do put some of the fastest kids in the back, in order to combat the speed of the other teams fast forwards.

Now those midfielders are just a waste of space and normally can't walk and chew gum.Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 03/07/13, 10:32 am

Nothing like a good 0-0 tie to get the crowd excited. Why even have the nets on the field? Everyone let's just play defense. After all, the team with the most stops wins, who cares about goals.
Defenders suck!!!
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 03/07/13, 10:51 am

BigBend wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:
yo#10 wrote:

Higgs-4
South-1
Solar-1
Sting-1
Gio-2
Blast-1

Here's a wild thought... What if you wanted to build the North Texas Regional Team (NTX All Star Team) to go up against the SO.Cal. Regional Team?  Who would you pick?
Yo's list is Top '02 OFFENSIVE players...Which I agree with. '03 Stud can be added to the list.  But what if you were picking an All Star Team?  You would need Strikers, Mid's, Defenders and GK, right? I think that the majority of the of the top players here are strikers and mids.   Who then would be chosen? I'm sure the majority of the list make it.  But you would need to add some defense.  
An ever wilder thought... who would coach the team and manage the Type A parents of these All-Stars?cheers 
I never said these players were offensive - several defensive including South who IMO has one of best if not the best defensive player in 02 . Grubb also has a wall to get around- many more

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by whoshotjr 03/07/13, 10:55 am

legitsoccermom wrote:
 Defense wins!

or gives up a big goal

whoshotjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next