North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by NicoleJames 05/07/13, 10:02 am

CFBAL coming back for its 4th successful academy season!  Sign up for one of the most respected and enjoyed academy league in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch area directed and scheduled by Nicole James.  Register to play on some of the finest fields (Cox was voted a close second in best fields in the metroplex by some of you) with some of the best competition!  CFBAL also allows you to pick the division your team will play.  Registration is now open and will be until August 9th – season will begin on Sunday August 25th.
 
07’ and 06’    8v8 on 80x50 field    25 minute halves   $545.00
05’               9v9 on 80x50 field    25 minute halves   $555.00
05’ Platinum   11v11 on 120x70 field  25 minute halves  $615.00
04’               11v11 on 120x70 field  30 minute halves  $645.00
 
Schedule will be released by August 18th
As each team registers, I will update the forum with team name and division chosen.  I look forward to working with all of you who register this season with CFBAL.

https://www.gotsport.com/forms/app/?EventID=32827

NicoleJames
NicoleJames
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 572
Points : 4503
Join date : 2011-06-16

http://www.performanceindoortraining.com

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Developmentally INAPPROPRIATE

Post by Indy28 05/07/13, 02:04 pm

DOES ANYONE WHO RUNS THIS LEAGUE CONSULT WITH USSF AND USYSA PLAYER DEVELOPMENT GUIDELINES?  11 vs. 11 is not the appropriate playing format for 8-9 year old children.  Professionals and college players play on that field size and it is too large for adequate and appropriate play.  All licensed coaches learn this fact in State and National licensing courses, as well as in the National Youth License course.  Why would an informed organization promote a league which is adverse to learning? Why are they promoting something that is an inappropriate developmental arena for competition?  And why would any Academy team sign up to participate in it?  Shame on CFBAL for labeling it as "Platinum" as some kind of a carrot for donkeys.

Indy28
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 3473
Join date : 2012-05-21

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Anarchy 05/07/13, 02:15 pm

Indy28 wrote:DOES ANYONE WHO RUNS THIS LEAGUE CONSULT WITH USSF AND USYSA PLAYER DEVELOPMENT GUIDELINES?  11 vs. 11 is not the appropriate playing format for 8-9 year old children.  Professionals and college players play on that field size and it is too large for adequate and appropriate play.  All licensed coaches learn this fact in State and National licensing courses, as well as in the National Youth License course.  Why would an informed organization promote a league which is adverse to learning? Why are they promoting something that is an inappropriate developmental arena for competition?  And why would any Academy team sign up to participate in it?  Shame on CFBAL for labeling it as "Platinum" as some kind of a carrot for donkeys.

It's ok Indy I am sure PrimeTime Silver has a spot for you and your team.

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 157
Points : 3493
Join date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by coachdom23 05/07/13, 02:22 pm

From USYSA website:
Official Modified Under-12 Playing Rules [Updated 5-1-09] (Although 11 a side play is permitted, US Youth Soccer strongly recommends the 8v8 Modified format.)


And shame on the 99.9% of competitive and recreational soccer leagues in North Texas for playing 11v11 at u12, despite USYSA recommendation. USYSA's National Office is in Frisco and these outlaws don't follow USYSA's "strong" recommendation... Shameful.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1611
Points : 6661
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Triumph FC 05/07/13, 02:36 pm

Indy28 wrote:DOES ANYONE WHO RUNS THIS LEAGUE CONSULT WITH USSF AND USYSA PLAYER DEVELOPMENT GUIDELINES?  11 vs. 11 is not the appropriate playing format for 8-9 year old children.  Professionals and college players play on that field size and it is too large for adequate and appropriate play.  All licensed coaches learn this fact in State and National licensing courses, as well as in the National Youth License course.  Why would an informed organization promote a league which is adverse to learning? Why are they promoting something that is an inappropriate developmental arena for competition?  And why would any Academy team sign up to participate in it?  Shame on CFBAL for labeling it as "Platinum" as some kind of a carrot for donkeys.

Dont blame CFBSA. They are a business and if they don"t offer it SDL does so they lose customers. Blame coaches and parents who DEMAND to play 11v11 as they think it gives them an advantage. Coaches should be telling their parents this is what we are doing and why we are doing it. I am a huge supporter of small sided games and even 9v9 is not small enough in my opinion, just remember leagues wouldn't offer it if no one signed up.
I like how you quote USYSA as development guidelines so I hope you dont play for a coach who doesn't follow their development outline either!
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1796
Points : 6420
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Really! they recommend?? Hogwash!!

Post by impact05b 05/07/13, 03:50 pm

Suspect   It's that kind of backward thinking that keeps our programs from excelling!  Just because someone or some organization issues a recommendation does not make them right or their Philosphy the one beyond dispute.  YES!  there are teams in these age groups that don't understand positions or the complexities of the game but there certainly ARE 05, 04, 03, 02, & 01 teams (Boys & girls) that should be able to expand their playing criteria because they have advanced beyond the fundementals of the small sided play.  There's a reason that the teams that have these expanded opportunities are head and shoulders above the teams in the  leagues that don't offer the expanded (full sided) play.  They can do this!  I have witnessed this many times as a coach.  Your leagues inability to compete with CFBAL shows what that sort of mentality/thinking will get you!  Nothing!  If Allen Soccer, the Colony and a few others would open their minds they would not only be competitive but the quality of our Soccer in North Texas would be the model everyone would seek to duplicate.  Texas, NOT California or FLorida would be the state that the top ranked team would come from and those players would be sought after for careers in the MLS & Europoean leagues.  We have a lot of growing to do as a National sport but that will never happen if we keep holding back our programs because someone thinks everyone should get a medal and that its "OK" to lose.  Learn from it and move on!  Strive to be the best and if your NOT!  Work Harder, Teach better!! bounce 

impact05b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 3049
Join date : 2013-07-05

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty From the U.S. Soccer Federation Licensing Course Manual

Post by Indy28 05/07/13, 06:54 pm

http://resources.ussoccer.com/n7v8b8j3/cds/downloads/Part%203%20-%20Age%20Group%20Organization%20U.S.%20Soccer%20Coaching%20Curriculum.pdf

Here is a link to a free resource through the United States Soccer Federation.  It is part of the coaching curriculum.  Claudio Reyna recently stepped down in May as the director of youth development to help with a new MLS expansion team.  He helped in designing the following manual.  Pages 45-57 explain in great detail what is age appropriate for the U6-U-19 ages groups and what is added to development at each age group.  The USSF recommends 8 vs. 8 and 9 vs. 9 for the '05 age group.

Spain, Japan, and England have all adopted mandates of only small sided games for this age group to maximize touches, technical and tactical awareness and development, and to hold players accountable both offensively and defensively at a young age.

So, for those who would like to further their soccer knowledge and have answers as to whether your coach is truly developing your child, here are the guidelines as set by our national governing program.  It is an excellent reference guide.  It might also be helpful for the soccer illiterates and those who feel that winning is everything at this age.

Indy28
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 3473
Join date : 2012-05-21

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Lakedad 06/07/13, 08:13 am

American football starts at 11; baseball starts at 9; hockey starts with 6 and basketball starts at 5. The field size is a bit smaller in baseball, otherwise, the teams learn on the same size field everyone else plays on. Never understood the concept of reducing the number of players or the field size in soccer.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 3660
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 06/07/13, 09:02 am

Actually american football starts with flag football and 7v7. parents again push for the full contact 11v11 version for 1st graders so they have it.

It really is not difficult to grasp. Smaller field, less players = more touches on the ball, less numbers requires players to play offensively and defensively, and think tactically.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by boilerjoe_96 06/07/13, 11:12 am

Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:Actually american football starts with flag football and 7v7.   parents again push for the full contact 11v11 version for 1st graders so they have it.  

It really is not difficult to grasp.  Smaller field, less players = more touches on the ball, less numbers requires players to play offensively and defensively, and think tactically.  
 
AFAKAKF so you advising not to sign 6 year olds up to play on a 50x80 field?  Darn, I thought that monster of a field and 8v8 would help my dd play better.
 
Triumph:  I generally agree w you on the business side, but who is demanding that 07s play 8v8 on a 50x80 this fall when most will still be 6 years old.  That is a huge field I doubt 07s make for them...but what do I know....  I do know a couple 07 LP teams would never consider a 50x80.
 
Soccerdad you think a 50x80 is the right size for 6 year olds(07s)...it's a long run for us to tie their shoes for them.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 646
Points : 4209
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 06/07/13, 11:24 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:Actually american football starts with flag football and 7v7.   parents again push for the full contact 11v11 version for 1st graders so they have it.  

It really is not difficult to grasp.  Smaller field, less players = more touches on the ball, less numbers requires players to play offensively and defensively, and think tactically.  
 
AFAKAKF so you advising not to sign 6 year olds up to play on a 50x80 field?  Darn, I thought that monster of a field and 8v8 would help my dd play better.
 
Triumph:  I generally agree w you on the business side, but who is demanding that 07s play 8v8 on a 50x80 this fall when most will still be 6 years old.  That is a huge field I doubt 07s make for them...but what do I know....  I do know a couple 07 LP teams would never consider a 50x80.
 
Soccerdad you think a 50x80 is the right size for 6 year olds(07s)...it's a long run for us to tie their shoes for them.

Why doesn't a coach take the lead and reach out to Nicole James bringing a group recommendation with several teams ready to sign up if she can get the size and format you need/ want for 07s. She has access to the smaller fields at Mcinnish as well I believe
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6283
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 06/07/13, 11:32 am

The player and the squad have to actually be physically and mentally ready for it. I think 8v8 is great tactically and with skilled players allows for movement of the ball. BUT they have to actually be able to perform what's needed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by SEAOTTER 06/07/13, 10:03 pm

Triumph FC wrote:
Indy28 wrote:DOES ANYONE WHO RUNS THIS LEAGUE CONSULT WITH USSF AND USYSA PLAYER DEVELOPMENT GUIDELINES?  11 vs. 11 is not the appropriate playing format for 8-9 year old children.  Professionals and college players play on that field size and it is too large for adequate and appropriate play.  All licensed coaches learn this fact in State and National licensing courses, as well as in the National Youth License course.  Why would an informed organization promote a league which is adverse to learning? Why are they promoting something that is an inappropriate developmental arena for competition?  And why would any Academy team sign up to participate in it?  Shame on CFBAL for labeling it as "Platinum" as some kind of a carrot for donkeys.

Dont blame CFBSA. They are a business and if they don"t offer it SDL does so they lose customers. Blame coaches and parents who DEMAND to play 11v11 as they think it gives them an advantage. Coaches should be telling their parents this is what we are doing and why we are doing it. I am a huge supporter of small sided games and even 9v9 is not small enough in my opinion, just remember leagues wouldn't offer it if no one signed up.
I like how you quote USYSA as development guidelines so I hope you dont play for a coach who doesn't follow their development outline either!

And the vicious cycle continues. Parents and coaches forget this is a marathon not sprint. Look at how many kids are playing on a Saturday league team then playing 2 on Sunday. confused 
The guys at Primetime told me that they thought it was good for academy kids to play multiple games on Sunday for the touches. scratch 

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 279
Points : 4655
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Water world

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 07/07/13, 07:33 am

Soccerdad28 wrote:American football starts at 11; baseball starts at 9; hockey starts with 6 and basketball starts at 5.  The field size is a bit smaller in baseball, otherwise, the teams learn on the same size field everyone else plays on.  Never understood the concept of reducing the number of players or the field size in soccer.

If serious, this is arguably the dumbest post I've read this year.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 07/07/13, 08:08 pm

Soccerdad28 wrote:American football starts at 11; baseball starts at 9; hockey starts with 6 and basketball starts at 5.  The field size is a bit smaller in baseball, otherwise, the teams learn on the same size field everyone else plays on.  Never understood the concept of reducing the number of players or the field size in soccer.

Please study this it will help...

http://www.footy4kids.co.uk/ssg%20powerpoint%20(goodman).ppt

And btw, American football usually starts with 8v8 flag or some variation and the HS plays 7v7 in the spring...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6283
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 07/07/13, 08:32 pm

If y'all think 04s and down should be playing 11v11 y'all know nothing about soccer. As someone said on here it's a business and pushed by parents. We are WAY behind the other soccer nations on this and shows why we develop athletic players with average skill.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 07/07/13, 09:16 pm

Master Bates wrote:If y'all think 04s and down should be playing 11v11 y'all know nothing about soccer. As someone said on here it's a business and pushed by parents. We are WAY behind the other soccer nations on this and shows why we develop athletic players with average skill.

Y'all?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Gunner9 07/07/13, 09:35 pm

For the '07's, if I had the time I'd start a 5v5 league w/keeper. Of all the formats we played this year (3v3, 4v4, 7v7), this was by far the best in terms of kids getting touches and the field/goal size.

Also, a lot of the forming 07 groups could not enter 7v7 tourney/leagues because their core groups were not large enough.

There is a market not being served.


__________________________________________________
"Futbol is simple, but it is difficult to play simple futbol." Cruyff
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 643
Points : 4403
Join date : 2011-08-20

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 07/07/13, 10:14 pm

Gunner9 wrote:For the '07's, if I had the time I'd start a 5v5 league w/keeper.  Of all the formats we played this year (3v3, 4v4, 7v7), this was by far the best in terms of kids getting touches and the field/goal size.

Also, a lot of the forming 07 groups could not enter 7v7 tourney/leagues because their core groups were not large enough.  

There is a market not being served.


Doesn't SDL offer a 6v6 league?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by coachdom23 07/07/13, 11:27 pm

Master Bates wrote:If y'all think 04s and down should be playing 11v11 y'all know nothing about soccer. As someone said on here it's a business and pushed by parents. We are WAY behind the other soccer nations on this and shows why we develop athletic players with average skill.

It is not just the parents at fault.
Less players on field = smaller rosters = less money collected

People should not blame CFBAL, or any other league, for listening to their customers. If USYSA has a problem with what is going on in own their backyard at any age, they should have the soccer balls to do something about it.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1611
Points : 6661
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by academysoccerkeller 09/07/13, 08:29 am

Its_a_marathon wrote:
Why doesn't a coach take the lead and reach out to Nicole James bringing a group recommendation with several teams ready to sign up if she can get the size and format you need/ want for 07s. She has access to the smaller fields at Mcinnish as well I believe


coaches have, 11v11 for 05s is absolutely ridiculous





academysoccerkeller
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 3242
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/07/13, 09:39 am

academysoccerkeller wrote:
Its_a_marathon wrote:
Why doesn't a coach take the lead and reach out to Nicole James bringing a group recommendation with several teams ready to sign up if she can get the size and format you need/ want for 07s. She has access to the smaller fields at Mcinnish as well I believe


coaches have, 11v11 for 05s is absolutely ridiculous


I would be surprised if any 05 coaches sign their team up for '05 11v11, if they play 11v11 it would be because they are playing up vs '04s. So my guess is majority will sign up for 9v9 on the 50x80 field, so it will all work its self out.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6283
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 09/07/13, 09:40 am

academysoccerkeller wrote:
Its_a_marathon wrote:
Why doesn't a coach take the lead and reach out to Nicole James bringing a group recommendation with several teams ready to sign up if she can get the size and format you need/ want for 07s. She has access to the smaller fields at Mcinnish as well I believe


coaches have, 11v11 for 05s is absolutely ridiculous


If we're truly serious about developing players, 11v11 is even ridiculous at U11.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by academysoccerkeller 09/07/13, 10:34 am

uberfrau05 wrote:
If we're truly serious about developing players, 11v11 is even ridiculous at U11.

agreed

academysoccerkeller
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 3242
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Guest 09/07/13, 11:17 am

I am still trying to understand what a player "should be able to expand their playing criteria because they have advanced beyond the fundementals of the small sided play" means that Impact posted! Any time I watch big kids (including professionals) play I see their entire training regimen focus around small sided play. The so-called fundamentals are EXACTLY small sided. Your insight is obviously at a higher level than mine! :-)

Nicole - PLEASE GET RID OF THE LARGE FIELD FOR THE '05's!!! It is an absurd option. It is simply too big and promotes nothing IMHO. Let SDL have the teams that want to play that way. Who cares? Stay golden Pony Boy.

:End Rant:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

CFBAL Fall 2013 Season Empty Re: CFBAL Fall 2013 Season

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum