North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Post by Guest 10/08/13, 05:31 pm

That fast, really skilled, forward with the ponytail is awesome. I'm also really impressed by that fast, really skilled, mid with the ponytail. As far as defenders go, the really skilled, fast one with the ponytail is head and shoulders above the rest.

Back to top Go down

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Post by Coach&Ref 10/08/13, 06:07 pm

bwgophers wrote:That fast, really skilled, forward with the ponytail is awesome.  I'm also really impressed by that fast, really skilled, mid with the ponytail.  As far as defenders go, the really skilled, fast one with the ponytail is head and shoulders above the rest.
Well, my daughter wears her hair in a bun, so I guess she's out. Sad

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 10/08/13, 06:31 pm

bwgophers wrote:That fast, really skilled, forward with the ponytail is awesome.  I'm also really impressed by that fast, really skilled, mid with the ponytail.  As far as defenders go, the really skilled, fast one with the ponytail is head and shoulders above the rest.
And the girl with the neon colors on her cleats, she is amazing....
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch 10/08/13, 10:31 pm

So many good players, its hard to pick the top 3. So lets talk about the bottom 3.

Those recklessly run over by a Good Man.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 10/08/13, 10:40 pm

FastPitch wrote:So many good players, its hard to pick the top 3. So lets talk about the bottom 3.

Those recklessly run over by a Good Man.  
Yep, the one that's too little and the one that's too big. Then there is normal sized, slow one... Poor girls
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 10/08/13, 11:05 pm

SteamingBean wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:

Sting Gutierrez - blond forward, fast, athletic, laser focus, great touch and a GREAT name. One of my favorite kids on the field. Wish she was on our team.

The one who left for SRSA last month, or still with Sting G?
The one still on the team.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 12/08/13, 04:39 am

Seems to me that all these "top player" threads are more about the parent's pride than anything else.

Are there top players? Yes.

Are any of them your kids? Who gives a crap!
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please 12/08/13, 10:53 am

easydoesit wrote:I would say the new blonde forward on Sting Hilton is pretty impressive as well. Came over from SRSA and very dangerous. I've never seen a kid do things with a ball like that one. She's fast, aggressive, and can leave you standing like a deer in headlights whether taking on 1 or several at a time. A very special and gifted player.
LOL!!! Please!!

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 12/08/13, 12:23 pm

Blonde ponytail girl playing forward on Elite is a mighty force. She has a powerful left foot that will score on you if you give her half a chance. She's not my kid ... but I do enjoy watching her play.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 12/08/13, 01:43 pm

Sigh... my dd hasn't been mentioned once, not even by me... I guess I need to pull her out and have her shift her focus on trying to make the chess club team this year... Crying or Very sad  or maybe acting, she can be dramatic at times....

If she can't make the forum list, there is not much of a chance of her getting any better or being any sort of star player.... Better just to cut my losses early.

Goodbye cruel soccer world, its been fun, but the Texas chess club forum is calling my name!
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/08/13, 01:51 pm

herradura wrote:Sigh... my dd hasn't been mentioned once, not even by me... I guess I need to pull her out and have her shift her focus on trying to make the chess club team this year... Crying or Very sad  or maybe acting, she can be dramatic at times....

If she can't make the forum list, there is not much of a chance of her getting any better or being any sort of star player.... Better just to cut my losses early.

Goodbye cruel soccer world, its been fun, but the Texas chess club forum is calling my name!
May have to switch your screen name from Herradura to Stolichnaya...  Totally different crowd playing over there drunken drunken drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 12/08/13, 01:55 pm

Sadly there probably are parents upset their DD wasn't mentioned.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 12/08/13, 01:59 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Sadly there probably are parents upset their DD wasn't mentioned.
I am willing to guess that the majority of the one off kids mentioned here, were mentioned by their parents.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 12/08/13, 02:05 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Sadly there probably are parents upset their DD wasn't mentioned.
I am willing to guess that the majority of the one off kids mentioned here, were mentioned by their parents.
Wait a minute, so if you mention your own DD and say she is the best player on the field or in the age group, that means it's true? Well I'll be a monkeys uncle...or aunt...

herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 12/08/13, 02:09 pm

herradura wrote:Sigh... my dd hasn't been mentioned once, not even by me... I guess I need to pull her out and have her shift her focus on trying to make the chess club team this year... Crying or Very sad  or maybe acting, she can be dramatic at times....

Well now don't fret, she can always become... your favorite... the best goalkeeper.

I'm just surprised nobody has mentioned the forwards from the fabled 03 teams.. Pink Ponies and the other one, i forget (Venom or something). Also surprised that guy from Oklahoma who has the most talented 03 period hasn't chimed in.
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 12/08/13, 02:13 pm

SteamingBean wrote:

Well now don't fret, she can always become... your favorite... the best goalkeeper.

I'm just surprised nobody has mentioned the forwards from the fabled 03 teams.. Pink Ponies and the other one, i forget (Venom or something). Also surprised that guy from Oklahoma who has the most talented 03 period hasn't chimed in.
Oh gawd.... I would rather her be the water girl for the chess club. No offense GK parents, I am just not that "special" of a parent to put up with that kind of pressure!
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sendit 13/08/13, 10:32 am

When is the greatest parent thread getting started? You know, parents with the great genes and coaching that raised their dd to be the most awesome and gifted 10 yr old the world has known...and dont forget the moms that put these girls in the most inspirational ponytails.
sendit
sendit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccerdad 13/08/13, 10:52 am

My DD is incredibly fit as compared to most kids in the US (almost all NTX soccer players can say this), she has a very busy schedule, and is way too tired after work-outs to get into trouble - this is all you should expect from a 11 year old soccer player.

If she stays with the game through high school and even into college super - even better.

The top individual players at 11? Give me a break.

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 13/08/13, 11:38 am

I like the idea of a top parent thread, now that would generate some discussion.

In reality things are all about to start changing over the next few years. I've always told folks that come talk to me when the girls are 14+ and then let me know who is a good player. I've seen so many "superstars" just never get any better than what they are when they are 10/11 and then you have kids that are flying under the radar right now but once they go through their growth spurts they come out on the other side absolutely amazing.

One more thing, I really don't have a problem with a parent getting on one of these boards and bragging about their kid. The problem I always have is parents getting on here and bagging on other kids that aren't their own, now that is where I wish some folks would give me a break.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 13/08/13, 12:26 pm

GrandTXSoccer -- Why do you need to be "given a break" considering you started this thread? Why would it ever be annoying to brag on another kid? Who wouldn't like getting on the forum and seeing someone post something nice about their kid and their skill (at age ten or otherwise)?

Sure ... whatever ... they are ten/eleven and things are going to change. We all know that. If they are showing promise RIGHT NOW -- support them and their parents on the road they are traveling TODAY. I agree completely with you that there are a lot of kids flying under the radar and things will change dramatically over the next season but I don't see how that changes this thread. You even mentioned since there wasn't much going on for the next few weeks and to "let the games begin." ... AND ... "if you don't like a kid personally -- to keep it to yourself." I would assume most everyone likes their own kid - so that opens up giving "shout outs" to others. I don't get it ... are you ever satisfied?

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 13/08/13, 12:47 pm

Um, I said BAGGING on another kid, not BRAGGING on another kid. One letter difference, big difference in meaning.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 13/08/13, 12:50 pm

Okay ... I see that now. Never heard the word "bagging" used like that before. But I think I get you now. My apologies.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 13/08/13, 12:56 pm

No biggie, I had to go do a double take myself after I read your response thinking I'd but bragging instead of bagging Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 03soccerdad 13/08/13, 01:31 pm

It is perfectly OK to give praise for a specific achievement - at any age.

For the individual: a great play or stand out performance

For the team: a great game, tournament, or season

I think this is true if it's your kid or someone else's - might even mean more to the player if it comes from somone other than their parent, family, or team.

It is a slippy slope to start identifiying the "best", especially at this age, as it is way to early to tell where any of this is going.

This all changes in the next couple of years....

03soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 13/08/13, 02:16 pm

03soccerdad wrote:It is perfectly OK to give praise for a specific achievement - at any age.

I think this is true if it's your kid or someone else's - might even mean more to the player if it comes from somone other than their parent, family, or team.

It is a slippy slope to start identifiying the "best", especially at this age, as it is way to early to tell where any of this is going.  

I guess your team has never played SRSA... There is a visible difference in level of play between their front three and the rest of the 03s - other than the ones I mentioned in my first post on this subject. To say otherwise is naive.

Maybe this will make you feel better: Currently, they are the best at their positions.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please 13/08/13, 02:29 pm

herradura wrote:
03soccerdad wrote:It is perfectly OK to give praise for a specific achievement - at any age.

I guess your team has never played SRSA... There is a visible difference in level of play between their front three and the rest of the 03s - other than the ones I mentioned in my first post on this subject. To say otherwise is naive.

Maybe this will make you feel better:  Currently, they are the best at their positions.
Sorry, but you are wrong. The SRSA girls are experts in their position in the system. You pluck any of them out of this team and place them on Sting, Texans or FCD team they will not be a star player. They will be good, but they will not shine like they do in the DM system.

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next