North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Week 4 LHGCL D1 Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Week 4 LHGCL D1 Predictions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 4 LHGCL D1 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 4 LHGCL D1 Predictions

Post by tacosoccer1 30/09/13, 08:50 am

This Herradura sounds like a DM homer. Note to all, if you polled the Solar Red parents about DM over the last few seasons I am sure their answers would shock you. So don't think winning is the only thing. An ego that size gets OLD real quick. Good coach and parent but that's where it ends.

tacosoccer1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/09/13, 09:09 am

tacosoccer1 wrote:This Herradura sounds like a DM homer. Note to all, if you polled the Solar Red parents about DM over the last few seasons I am sure their answers would shock you. So don't think winning is the only thing. An ego that size gets OLD real quick. Good coach and parent but that's where it ends.
Sigh... Taco, taco, like bashing Solar do we? 4 out of your 6 posts say you do.

Yes, I have a daughter on Solar, and Liverpool, and Texans and Sting and FC Dallas according to this forum. You have finally figured me out, I have quintuplets.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by tacosoccer1 30/09/13, 09:27 am

I don't think my post mentioned any team that your DD played for my post was referring to your nose color. I know several of the parents of solar players current and past and the theme is always the same no matter which side they are on. I also know that DM rubs 99% of the people in the NTX soccer world the wrong way. So keep your head right where it is and enjoy the smell.
tacosoccer1
tacosoccer1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/09/13, 09:37 am

tacosoccer1 wrote:I don't think my post mentioned any team that your DD played for my post was referring to your nose color. I know several of the parents of solar players current and past and the theme is always the same no matter which side they are on. I also know that DM rubs 99% of the people in the NTX soccer world the wrong way. So keep your head right where it is and enjoy the smell.
If you call complimenting good coaching "brown nosing", well I guess I am guilty as charged.

DM, AS, GA, JH, JD, LW, AG, RM, CP

I have complimented them all at one time or another and would be happy for my DD to play for any of them. Keep drinking that "haterade" taco...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tacosoccer1 30/09/13, 09:50 am

Haterade, nice one. What post did you take that from. Go jump in that hornets nest and then check back with us in 6 months with an update on how that went or on your new attitude about your leader. Don't post about things you know nothing about.
tacosoccer1
tacosoccer1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 30/09/13, 09:51 am

tacosoccer1 wrote:I don't think my post mentioned any team that your DD played for my post was referring to your nose color. I know several of the parents of solar players current and past and the theme is always the same no matter which side they are on. I also know that DM rubs 99% of the people in the NTX soccer world the wrong way. So keep your head right where it is and enjoy the smell.
Can I just say what a privilege it is to be able to waste some valuable time enjoying the witty and insightful comments found on this forum. It is always inspiring when someone pulls out the "butt sniffing" insults. I think the soccer community is enriched a little more every time that happens.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/09/13, 09:55 am

herradura wrote:

I have complimented them all at one time or another and would be happy for my DD to play for any of them. Keep drinking that "haterade" taco...
A couple of head scratchers there Herradura
But ur prolley more interested in DD playing for a top10 than development.

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/09/13, 10:01 am

cjsskillsofpain wrote:
herradura wrote:

A couple of head scratchers there Herradura
But ur prolley more interested in DD playing for a top10 than development.
You nailed it. I only care about where my 10yr olds soccer team is ranked so I have something to talk about it with the PTA Moms. Oh, and don't forget about the ODP bragging rights...Those are golden.

Glad we cleared that up.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/09/13, 10:08 am

If u know as much about 03 soccer as u claim then you'd know that not all the coaches on ur wish list are known as developers of talent.
So what other conclusion can we make?
Smdh
And it's not the 'PTA moms' that have to hear ur nonsense
It's us, the NTX soccer moms

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/09/13, 10:15 am

cjsskillsofpain wrote:If u know as much about 03 soccer as u claim then you'd know that not all the coaches on ur wish list are known as developers of talent.
Smdh
And it's not the PTA moms that have to hear ur nonsense
It's the NTX soccer moms
OK CJ, let's hear your expert analysis of the coaches listed, and explain which ones are not about development. Here I will write their names out for you just in case you were confused.

Missimo
Solca
Adames
Hopkins
Diaz
Weddall
Gutierrez
Moreno
Pulpaneck

herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/09/13, 10:26 am

Not gonna do that. You'll figure it out

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/09/13, 10:29 am

cjsskillsofpain wrote:Not gonna do that. You'll figure it out
great cop out...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 30/09/13, 10:34 am

Am I wrong, or were we not told to watch out for FCD South Blue????

What is there record against the top 5, the top 10 and top 20?

We were next to them Saturday and I heard a lot of noise coming from the sideline, looks like some parents where on the wrong side of midfield..............

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer0205dad 30/09/13, 10:42 am

Yes lots more you don't know -- one thing I know is he's not a Solar Red coach formerly SRSA.
Per Solar Red website, that I had to Google: http://dallassolar.net/page.php?pgid=26

It shows COACH Derek Missimo as the 03 Girls and 00 Girls (ECNL) Coach.

It's crazy how some parents get mad. I've seen many times where a team was down at half, changes were made and the team losing pulled out a win. These girls are 10 & 11 years old and as "OldBoot" mentioned, its not like DM went out on the field and played or substituted girls for T & L (on the 02 Team) to play.

Main question: Why do parents get worked up about a Win or a Loss, although it is Competitive League soccer, for a U11, U12 or U13 game -- when for a huge majority, a lot of those girls will not be playing when they are in High School?

I'm not saying that winning is everything, but let the girls have fun while competing, learning new skills, and keeping that love of soccer for a lifetime. A very very small percentage will play on the WNT or WMLS -- but you show them the love of the game and perhaps they will want to Coach when they can no longer play competitively.

soccer0205dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 30/09/13, 11:00 am

soccer0205dad wrote:
Yes lots more you don't know -- one thing I know is he's not a Solar Red coach formerly SRSA.
Per Solar Red website, that I had to Google: http://dallassolar.net/page.php?pgid=26

It's crazy how some parents get mad.  I've seen many times where a team was down at half, changes were made and the team losing pulled out a win.  These girls are 10 & 11 years old and as "OldBoot" mentioned, its not like DM went out on the field and played or substituted girls for T & L (on the 02 Team) to play.

Main question:  Why do parents get worked up about a Win or a Loss, although it is Competitive League soccer, for a U11, U12 or U13 game -- when for a huge majority, a lot of those girls will not be playing when they are in High School?

I'm not saying that winning is everything, but let the girls have fun while competing, learning new skills, and keeping that love of soccer for a lifetime.  A very very small percentage will play on the WNT or WMLS -- but you show them the love of the game and perhaps they will want to Coach when they can no longer play competitively.
Because its SRSA. Period. They've had a target on their back for 3 years+...it was put there by parents of opposing teams.

Sure, your DD might really care to beat them. But chances are, she'd rather just play..... and not listen to you pregram pep talks in the car that go like this:

"big game today, show in the middle, come out swining and punch them first, you guys could be the first to beat them" blah etc, blah etc....

....or the post game ride home talk...I'll let you fill in your own blanks on that....
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 30/09/13, 11:15 am

TheWolf wrote:
soccer0205dad wrote:

It's crazy how some parents get mad.  I've seen many times where a team was down at half, changes were made and the team losing pulled out a win.  These girls are 10 & 11 years old and as "OldBoot" mentioned, its not like DM went out on the field and played or substituted girls for T & L (on the 02 Team) to play.

Main question:  Why do parents get worked up about a Win or a Loss, although it is Competitive League soccer, for a U11, U12 or U13 game -- when for a huge majority, a lot of those girls will not be playing when they are in High School?

I'm not saying that winning is everything, but let the girls have fun while competing, learning new skills, and keeping that love of soccer for a lifetime.  A very very small percentage will play on the WNT or WMLS -- but you show them the love of the game and perhaps they will want to Coach when they can no longer play competitively.
Because its SRSA.  Period.  They've had a target on their back for 3 years+...it was put there by parents of opposing teams.  

Sure, your DD might really care to beat them.  But chances are, she'd rather just play..... and not listen to you pregram pep talks in the car that go like this:

"big game today, show in the middle, come out swining and punch them first, you guys could be the first to beat them" blah etc, blah etc....

....or the post game ride home talk...I'll let you fill in your own blanks on that....
Post game talk:

Parent: I'm really dissapointed in how you girls finished that game.

DD:  Can we stop for ice cream?
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/09/13, 11:39 am

herradura wrote:
cjsskillsofpain wrote:If u know as much about 03 soccer as u claim then you'd know that not all the coaches on ur wish list are known as developers of talent.
Smdh
And it's not the PTA moms that have to hear ur nonsense
It's the NTX soccer moms
OK CJ, let's hear your expert analysis of the coaches listed, and explain which ones are not about development. Here I will write their names out for you just in case you were confused.

Missimo
Solca
Adames
Hopkins
Diaz
Weddall
Gutierrez
Moreno
Pulpaneck

How coaches were in Academy can be markedly different than how they are in Select where wins are everything.

How many of these coaches could be heard telling their girls, "I don't care if we win or lose the game. All I care about is that y'all work on what we worked on in practice, hustle, and have fun?"

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 30/09/13, 11:43 am

Coach: If that's what you are looking for, then good luck on your search if you get a release.
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/09/13, 11:52 am

Barca wrote:Coach: If that's what you are looking for, then good luck on your search if you get a release.
I was just making an observation. I know some of the coaches on the list and not others. I know that during Academy some were developers, but things can change once you are locked in and the focus shifts.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 30/09/13, 12:23 pm

Nonetheless, they are all great coaches and I would put my dd on any of their teams. However, it takes more than great coaching to develop your dd. Personal trainings with other programs, etc... And knowing when to back off as parents to let your 10 year old be 10.
Glad to see the 03's lively again. I thought everyone went into hibernation.
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 30/09/13, 12:33 pm

I'm a little surprised with the way FCD Blue has played so far, however I think most teams will go 0-2 against FCD Gold and Premier. Heck if DT03 had played those two teams they'd only be 1-2 most likely. Early in the year it's all in who you play. Same thing goes for Sting West, they've faced two of the tougher teams early in the year and the weakest. They are 1-2 but I think once again most teams are going to go 0-2 against Sting G and DTS. I hardly think a 3 or even a 4 game sample is enough to make any sweeping calls on any of the teams. Now there are some teams that have had some pretty bad Septembers, Defeeters and LP Rush come to mind, but it's a long season so over time if you are good enough you can overcome a bad start. They key for quite a few of these teams is to simply forget what's happened and just take care of the next game. If you don't, then come January things are looking to implode and before you know it "poof" you are losing players come June and finding yourself having to requalify.

NFOD, where did you see where it would be a call for a forfeit based upon DM coaching and not being on the gameday roster? I know they have a pretty open mind on the gameday reports as long as they are informed of the changes before the game starts and as long as it doesn't include playing with illegal players. If you really think it made a difference in your team winning AND you can find where it's call for a forfeiture of the game then by all means send in a complaint, I think for the Cosmos every point is going to matter come the end of the season. Plus I'm sure 18 other teams would be thrilled to move up a few spot in the standings. However, I just don't think it's that big of a deal, DM is a good coach but he's not a magician. SRSA simply is the better team but if anything the Cosmos showed just how human the team can be at times.

As far as the coaching and development aspect, if you want your DD to develop their skills then don't expect for it to happen on your select team. Sure they are going to want them developing good first touches and controlling the ball but there's simply not enough time in a week at practice for them to make your DD that improved. She's going to have to do it away from the team practices. At this stage in the game, teams want to win first and develop second. Some teams have enough talent that they can afford to do both, while others simply have to find a way to survive from one week to the next. The kids that do put in the work will develop and find their way to a top team and the kids on the top teams that don't put in the work will be passed by, who is coaching your DD really doesn't matter much except when it comes to their personal enjoyment (at this age it's huge because if they don't like somethign they won't want to do it) and the expectations they set for their players (if they require work away from the field but do not require the DD to produce the desired skills work at practice then the development aspect is simply for show).

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/09/13, 12:49 pm

Barca wrote:Nonetheless, they are all great coaches and I would put my dd on any of their teams.
A couple are good....a few are  great.... then there's 2 that don't belong in the same breath
Before I use the word 'great', I'd look at more than just 03 standings
Check out their entire body of work.
Or you and Herradura  can just go on appreciating their 'greatness'

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/09/13, 01:50 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:
NFOD, where did you see where it would be a call for a forfeit based upon DM coaching and not being on the gameday roster? I know they have a pretty open mind on the gameday reports as long as they are informed of the changes before the game starts and as long as it doesn't include playing with illegal players. If you really think it made a difference in your team winning AND you can find where it's call for a forfeiture of the game then by all means send in a complaint, I think for the Cosmos every point is going to matter come the end of the season. Plus I'm sure 18 other teams would be thrilled to move up a few spot in the standings. However, I just don't think it's that big of a deal, DM is a good coach but he's not a magician. SRSA simply is the better team but if anything the Cosmos showed just how human the team can be at times.
I pretty much agree with you here GTX. Even though you have a good coach step in, the game is still played by the same 11 girls on the pitch. It's they that do the work and get the result.

As far as the coaching and development aspect, if you want your DD to develop their skills then don't expect for it to happen on your select team. Sure they are going to want them developing good first touches and controlling the ball but there's simply not enough time in a week at practice for them to make your DD that improved. She's going to have to do it away from the team practices. At this stage in the game, teams want to win first and develop second. Some teams have enough talent that they can afford to do both, while others simply have to find a way to survive from one week to the next.  The kids that do put in the work will develop and find their way to a top team and the kids on the top teams that don't put in the work will be passed by, who is coaching your DD really doesn't matter much except when it comes to their personal enjoyment (at this age it's huge because if they don't like somethign they won't want to do it) and the expectations they set for their players (if they require work away from the field but do not require the DD to produce the desired skills work at practice then the development aspect is simply for show).
Again, I agree with most of this wholeheartedly. The one part I don't is that of players developing no matter what environment they are in. I believe that a very skilled player needs to be around other skilled players in order to get the most out of themselves. Individually, there may be girls out there that are, let's say, better in comparison individually than many of the SRSA players. However, if you take the gestalt view, the SRSA players individual talent is exponentially increased when working as a whole. They become way more than the sum of their parts.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2