North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking? Empty '00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking?

Post by Packrabbit 24/10/13, 09:07 pm

If the ECNL parents can step away from their champagne and caviar to mingle with the little people, its time to follow-up of on '00 ENCL preseason prognostications.

My pre-season rankings:
1- Solar Red- are definitely for real... A few surprising ties, but still the team or beat.  

2- DFeeters - rough & slow start-- lost 2 of first 3 games, last 4 games- 13 GF, 3 GA --4 W's. Next game vs Texans should be a good one.

3- Sting-- Expected more from them,  still a work in progress. Looks they still experimenting with different line ups.Given 8 goals in last 2 games. Next 2 games against solar and DFeeters

4- Texans- very pleasant surprise.. I made a mistake; should have ranked them #3.  Have not beaten a team with a winning record, but has scored 10 goals in last 3 games... Next 3 games should be more challenging.

5- FCD- injuries still hurting them...Next 3 games are winnable, so should move up the standings.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking? Empty Re: '00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking?

Post by Packrabbit 26/10/13, 12:27 pm

Any scores for today?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking? Empty Re: '00 ECNL Preseason Ranking- How they Looking?

Post by skulker 27/10/13, 01:22 pm

Yes
skulker
skulker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 31/10/13, 04:09 pm

Packrabbit wrote:If the ECNL parents can step away from their champagne and caviar to mingle with the little people, its time to follow-up of on '00 ENCL preseason prognostications.

My pre-season rankings:
1- Solar Red- are definitely for real... A few surprising ties, but still the team or beat.  

2- DFeeters - rough & slow start-- lost 2 of first 3 games, last 4 games- 13 GF, 3 GA --4 W's. Next game vs Texans should be a good one.

3- Sting-- Expected more from them,  still a work in progress. Looks they still experimenting with different line ups.Given 8 goals in last 2 games. Next 2 games against solar and DFeeters

4- Texans- very pleasant surprise.. I made a mistake; should have ranked them #3.  Have not beaten a team with a winning record, but has scored 10 goals in last 3 games... Next 3 games should be more challenging.

5- FCD- injuries still hurting them...Next 3 games are winnable, so should move up the standings.

1- Solar Red What has happened to Solar lately? I thought they would be leading this age group but may end 2nd.
2- D'Feeters will be the top team at the end. According to recent results, they look as if they're getting stronger
3- Sting looks like you missed the boat on this one and they will be at the bottom with FCD.
4- Texans started strong but seem to be slowing. They will end up behind Solar.
5- FCD not sure about this team. They'll finish ahead of Sting but not by much

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 31/10/13, 11:28 pm

Current Rankings:  PPG....Comments
1. Dallas Texans:... 2.57 --Playing Lonestar this weekend, has not played Solar yet.  
2. Lonestar:.......... 2.33 --Playing Solar and Texans this weekend; have not played Dfeeters.  
3. Dfeeters:.......... 2.25 --Playing Sting this weekend; could move into #2 spot or down to #4.
4. Solar................ 2.14 --In 4th place just to mock my preseason #1 prediction
5. AHFC................ 1.71-- STX... no one cares
6. Texas Rush ....... 1.00 - STX... no one cares
7. Dallas Sting....... 1.00 - STX... has D'feeters, Lonestar and TSC next 3 games
8. FCD.................   .88 --plays Rush, Challenge and AHFC next 3 games.
9. Challenge........... .43 -- GF-3, GA-12
10. TSC................. .22 --  GF-2, GA-17

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 01/11/13, 07:47 am

Packrabbit wrote:Current Rankings:  PPG....Comments
1. Dallas Texans:... 2.57 --Playing Lonestar this weekend, has not played Solar yet.  
2. Lonestar:.......... 2.33 --Playing Solar and Texans this weekend; have not played Dfeeters.  
3. Dfeeters:.......... 2.25 --Playing Sting this weekend; could move into #2 spot or down to #4.
4. Solar................ 2.14 --In 4th place just to mock my preseason #1 prediction
5. AHFC................ 1.71-- STX... no one cares
6. Texas Rush ....... 1.00 - STX... no one cares
7. Dallas Sting....... 1.00 - STX... has D'feeters, Lonestar and TSC next 3 games
8. FCD.................   .88 --plays Rush, Challenge and AHFC next 3 games.
9. Challenge........... .43 -- GF-3, GA-12
10. TSC................. .22 --  GF-2, GA-17
There will be some interesting games this weekend. I know its still considered to be early in the season but I'm surprise to see a STX team in the mix at the top. I would have thought Lonestar or Rush, as a top STX team, to be 4th or 5th through out the season.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 01/11/13, 09:10 am

skulker wrote:Yes
Skulker-- thanks, that was helpful.

Tiger- glad you could pull yourself away from ECNL champagne and caviar... Its been a while since I smelled fear on the forum... Over 1,100 views and only 2 brave participants (skulker tried, but lost his nerve- but at least he tried)... so we know you ECNL people are watching from the lurker bushes...

Lonestar has only played 6 matches, to everyone's else's 7-8 played; and of the 6, has played only one NTX team--FCD twice- (0-0, 1-0 Lonestar). They have 2 big games this weekend against solar and texans, to see if they are a legit #1 or #2.

DFeeters is playing a Sting team that just held their own against Solar last week (tie).

This weekend is very consequential--The top 4 ranking could be totally different Monday morning... Strange that the ECNL crowd is so silent... Of course, we'll most likely hear the "in-depth analysis" if the (currently) top 3 NTX teams win this weekend.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 01/11/13, 10:21 am

Packrabbit wrote:

Tiger- glad you could pull yourself away from ECNL champagne and caviar... Its been a while since I smelled fear on the forum... Over 1,100 views and only 2 brave participants (skulker tried, but lost his nerve- but at least he tried)... so we know you ECNL people are watching from the lurker bushes...

Lonestar has only played 6 matches, to everyone's else's 7-8 played; and of the 6, has played only one NTX team--FCD twice- (0-0, 1-0 Lonestar). They have 2 big games this weekend against solar and texans, to see if they are a legit #1 or #2.

DFeeters is playing a Sting team that just held their own against Solar last week (tie).

This weekend is very consequential--The top 4 ranking could be totally different Monday morning... Strange that the ECNL crowd is so silent... Of course, we'll most likely hear the "in-depth analysis" if the (currently) top 3 NTX teams win this weekend.
There are a lot of ant beds creeping up in the lurker bushes. Shocked They got into the caviar. I hat when that happens. But hey more protein.

As I said, I'm surprise at how Solar has put a lot of ties together since their trip to TSC. Though they had a bust out game against TSC in the second leg. They totally destroyed D'Feeters 4-1 before the trip to TSC. So I can only assume there was some injuries. I still have to go with Solar over Texans and D'Feeters (D'Feeters over Texans). I also think Lonestar will fit in somewhere in the top 4 and break our NTX stronghold. Solar will have too many ties and Lonestar will sneak in a win over Solar, Texans and D'Feeters only because they will play a game at home. Looking forward to seeing results on Sunday night and your prognostication on Monday. cherry 

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 01/11/13, 10:41 am

IM(ant)O...

seems like solar and texans kept their team the same and just added a few to their roster. easy to see why they got to a good start playing with pretty much the same group. Sting did the same but really they were never as strong as solar and texans even in LH. I know Sting passed on at least one player that would have "not could have" made a difference in the GA colum. coach error or club first pressure?

Feet and FCD mixed their team up alot more but I think RS had more to prove leaving Solar. just look at the roster RS had his last 2 seasons with solar to what he has now. Half the team is different. they played solar early and got thumped but the rematch (in spring?) will be more interesting. FCD?

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 02/11/13, 10:48 am

I am extremely disappointed by the timidity of this group's protagonist-- over 1400 views, but aside from a few brave souls, very little input. We know who you are- you have a rash (ant bites)... And Any chest beating (while scratching) after this weekend will be mocked and ridiculed...in response to this display of cowardly indifference I have decided to conduct an extensive in-depth study and analysis of our cream of the NTX '00 crop. I believe I have some news to report. First, the scheduled games for this weekend:

November 2:
AHFC v Solar
Lonestar v DTX
Tx Rush v FCD

November 3:
Lonestar v Solar
DFeeters v Sting
Challenge v FCD

And now, the News:

Report Note: I still believe the 5 teams in NTX will at end of day, be the top 5 teams in conference.

1. DTX - currently #1 in conference, #8 ECNL nationally; I 'may' have initially under-estimated this team in my pre-season rankings. They have outstanding size, athleticism, speed, skills physicality AND they are graceful, young ladies.  Basically, that means if angered, they can GRACEFULLY beat YOU (probably using your DD as a club) up in the parking lot, while carrying a soccer ball; if you try to run away, they can chase you down (still carrying the ball), and finish you off. But they still haven't played the 'dream team', or beat another top team yet and need to do so I can be comfortable moving them up to a legit #1. My sources tell me that their players are also being recruited nationally for volleyball, basketball,  football (Div 2 only) and NASCAR (potential NCAA VIOLATION for DTX haters that wish to report it).

2. Lonestar: currently #2 in conference, #12 ECNL nationally; its hard for me to get excited about this team (or any STX for that matter)  right now, bc they have only beaten one team with a descent record- AHFC. Their schedule gets harder this weekend-- albeit, solar team gets to travel to two different cities on 2 days and texans (as is everyone else) are down a couple players.

3. DFeeters - currently #3 in conference, 15th ECNL nationally;  from the 'little club that could' is an interesting surprise to the uniformed, but not confusing to experts like myself... BUT, I'm am now cautiously optimistic-- They either win or lose... No ties and can't beat the 'dream team' (but thats a long line).  They can obviously score, but they give up a lot of goals... They got blown up on their 1st game of the season 4-1 by the 'DT', lost convincingly to AHFC, 3-1, but surprisingly beat DTX 2-1. But they do win the games they're 'supposed too', which may be the difference this fall in the final rankings. "Supposed too" should move up to #2 this weekend.

4. Solar - aka 'Dream Team' (DT)- currently #4 in conference. They don't lose. Sure "DT" is tied for the most ties in the conference, but unless they are getting complacent (unlikely with the round man on the bench), they are still the best team... I can hear indignant sputtering now... "But, bbut, bbbut, MY CHILD's team is ...." -- yes these other teams are very good-- I suspect this age groups's conference may be one of the strongest overall, if not the strongest nationally... But how many teams is a "tie" considered (celebrated) a 'victory', by the other team?

Remember-
1- read the below forum disclaimer
2- I just report the news.
3- Don't let those ant bites get infected.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 02/11/13, 06:08 pm

PackRabbit, thanks for not letting me wait all weekend for your professional prognosis. Can I pay for my subscription with bitcoins?

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skulker 02/11/13, 08:03 pm

Packrabbit wrote:

I answered the question you asked.
skulker
skulker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 03/11/13, 12:23 pm

Impressive weekend for Lonestar. Clean sweep of both Texans and Solar to take them top of the region. Don't think anyone had them on top or Feet in second...I know I didn't.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 03/11/13, 01:04 pm

Gunners wrote:Impressive weekend for Lonestar. Clean sweep of both Texans and Solar to take them top of the region. Don't think anyone had them on top or Feet in second...I know I didn't.
Actually, just ranking the 5 NTX teams, more than a few prognosticators had DFeeters at #2, texans and sting at #3-4,#4-3, FCD at #5... Don't think anyone had solar where it is.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 03/11/13, 04:29 pm

Packrabbit, got the score of D'Feeters?

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 03/11/13, 10:19 pm

Tiger wrote:Packrabbit, got the score of D'Feeters?
Tiger- Neither of the Feet-Sting or FCD-Challenge games from today have been posted... I figure someone would've posted today. Surely they were played...

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 03/11/13, 10:21 pm

Packrabbit wrote:
Tiger- Neither of the Feet-Sting or FCD-Challenge games from today have been posted... I figure someone would've posted today. Surely they were played...

Feet won 1-0

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/11/13, 08:33 am

Gunners wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:

Feet won 1-0
Tough way to lose a game between two evenly matched teams...makes you wanna give the bird to the soccer gods.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 04/11/13, 09:01 am

Do you have any details on how the events of the game went down. This looks to have been the match of the weekend.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/11/13, 09:24 am

Tiger wrote:
Do you have any details on how the events of the game went down. This looks to have been the match of the weekend.
I didn't see the play with my own eyes so I won't recap. My information comes from 4 independent sources all of which were at the game and only one of which was a Sting parent though. Perhaps Mr. S. (Wink  will give us a recap from a Feet perspective.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Fanatic 04/11/13, 10:52 am

FCD over Challenge 3-1
Soccer Fanatic
Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 04/11/13, 03:52 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
Tiger wrote:
 I didn't see the play with my own eyes so I won't recap. My information comes from 4 independent sources all of which were at the game and only one of which was a Sting parent though.  Perhaps Mr. S. (Wink  will give us a recap from a Feet perspective.
Outonthelimb-
Do tell, don't tease! Seeing a game with your own eyes is not a prerequisite to recapping the match of the week! Four independent sources is more than adequate to receive a "forum waiver of criticism"....after all, you are just reporting the news!

Ditto on the Solar and Texans games.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad 04/11/13, 06:17 pm

I think the hype may overplay the reality. Maybe Feet people will disagree but if this was the game of the week, it can only be due to a close score. In my biased opinion, the game was played 95% between 30 yard lines. Hard fought but no huge dramatics. Each team had a few opportunities but neither goal tender was really challenged. Both caught a few balls hit right at them. Sting Keep had one nice grab on a Corner kick. Great ball, would have landed right in the box but Keep caught with her hands above the head. But then... that's what they are supposed to do. Sting had a player body one away on the line as well. Other than that, I honestly can't think of any spectacular saves or posts being hit etc etc. Just played in the middle.

The goal came from an inadvertent hand ball from about 30 yds away. Free kick. No doubt it touched her hand. Nice wind from behind blowing into the goal. Feet girl hit a nice shot. About a foot under the post with a little something on it. Keeper did not really have to move left or right. She jumped up, caught the ball solidly. Upon landing, her feet hit some mud in the box and her feet went out from under her and ball ended up in goal. No players in the vicinity. Can't play keeper or defender without that stuff happening. Whether it's a handball in the box, own goal or slip, they all suck.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 05/11/13, 09:47 pm

One weekend, New Rankings

Current Rankings:..PPG............Last Week.........PPG
1. Lonestar...............2.50...........Dallas Texans:....2.57
2. Dfeeters...............2.33...........Lonestar:...........2.33
3. Dallas Texans......2.25...........Dfeeters:...........2.25
4. Solar..................  1.88...........Solar.................2.14
5. AHFC...................1.71............AHFC................1.71
6. FCD.....................1.30............Texas Rush .......1.00
7. Texas Rush.........1.10............Dallas Sting.......1.00  
8. Dallas Sting......... .88............FCD.................   .88
9. TSC.................... .45............Challenge........... .43
10. Challenge.......... .33............TSC................... .22

The only undefeated team left is Lonestar.
Dfeeter: 6 match winning streak...
DTX:  Lost their last 2...
Solar:  very surprising.
FCD: Moved up to #6

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 06/11/13, 07:41 am

Packrabbit wrote:One weekend, New Rankings

Current Rankings:..PPG............Last Week.........PPG
1. Lonestar...............2.50...........Dallas Texans:....2.57
2. Dfeeters...............2.33...........Lonestar:...........2.33
3. Dallas Texans......2.25...........Dfeeters:...........2.25
4. Solar..................  1.88...........Solar.................2.14
5. AHFC...................1.71............AHFC................1.71
6. FCD.....................1.30............Texas Rush .......1.00
7. Texas Rush.........1.10............Dallas Sting.......1.00  
8. Dallas Sting......... .88............FCD.................   .88
9. TSC.................... .45............Challenge........... .43
10. Challenge.......... .33............TSC................... .22

The only undefeated team left is Lonestar.
Dfeeter: 6 match winning streak...
DTX:  Lost their last 2...
Solar:  very surprising.
FCD: Moved up to #6
It'll be a quiet weekend. The only thing to look forward to is to see if FCD can close the PPG gap against AHFC. Also, if Lonestar can keep their no-lost streak going.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next