North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? - Page 2 Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by canaryman 03/03/14, 01:02 pm

dreadpirateroberts wrote:My dd (04) was issued a YC this past weekend in SDL.  I didn't know it until after the game when she told me, because apparently the ref hadn't brought his cards to the game!  So he just informed her that she had been issued a card.  At least that is what she told me.

Was it a deserved YC?

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out? - Page 2 Empty Re: At what age do Yellow and Red cards start coming out?

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 01:03 pm

You guys have not even experienced LH yet. It gets worse!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 03/03/14, 01:15 pm

From what I understand, offsetting red cards were issued in a LH '01 game. Apparently, you have to do something pretty stupid to earn one. I have seen blatant retaliation only draw a yellow multiple times.
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreadpirateroberts 03/03/14, 01:23 pm

canaryman wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:My dd (04) was issued a YC this past weekend in SDL.  I didn't know it until after the game when she told me, because apparently the ref hadn't brought his cards to the game!  So he just informed her that she had been issued a card.  At least that is what she told me.

Was it a deserved YC?

Yes. Not a dirty play, but it stopped an obvious scoring opportunity. Probably not a "bad" foul to give. No risk of injury to the other party.
dreadpirateroberts
dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 03/03/14, 01:24 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:
Lefty wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:I've seen 2 reds given in one game to the same team (U-15).

Words or weapons?

Nothing like that. Just dangerous rough play.

But my boy, at U-9 was taken down from behind when he didn't even have the ball.
It was long gone on towards goal when the foul occurred. Only after the ref realized my
son's ankle was broken that he then gave a yellow card to the other player. That kid shrugged
and kept playing in the game, while my son spent last summer on crutches in cast.

So your point is??

The Refs do hand out cards (2 Reds in your daughters game) OR they don't (when your son was injured)???
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 03/03/14, 01:33 pm

In my daughter's 5 years from academy through u13, I think we've seen maybe 5 yellow cards and never a red given to players.  The yellows were for a foul from behind in the box, a shove out of frustration, repeat foul after a warning of physical play, an exceptionally hard foul and unsportsmanlike conduct during a free kick.

The only red I've seen was given to a parent coach in an indoor game.  Wink

Last edited by weatherbug on 03/03/14, 01:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 03/03/14, 01:34 pm

Everyone is an expert in here when it comes to Refing a game..

We used to have several Refs in here to represent... But I'll hold the weight on this one...

I'm a Ref. My policy is to go out and find the yellow(s) in every U14 Girls game and above (U13 for boys) game I Ref.. I know there will be yellows and it is my job to find them. I almost always do...

But for the younger age groups, I ONLY card for intentional pushes or worse off the ball or language... Any other foul, I can yell at the kid and they almost always tear up... These are pre-teens and not National Team players.. That is how I do it.. If you don't agree. I don't care.. I'm a parent too, so I know it is hard not to be bias when our DDs are playing. But I can Ref a game and have a mom tell me I'm the worse Ref EVER and a dad on the SAME TEAM tell me I am the best Ref they ever had...

But I aims to please...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 01:36 pm

You are one referee, but your telling me LHGCL referees are looking to use the yellow card to control games horse sh....t

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 03/03/14, 01:39 pm

Zizou wrote:You are one referee, but your telling me LHGCL referees are looking to use the yellow card to control games horse sh....t

You may want to read my post again, but I did not say that at all...

But how about when I warn a player (U13 Boy) for diving and then card him when he dove again.. And then the dad literally wants to fight me after the game...

Refs fault too??

Last edited by soccersounder on 03/03/14, 01:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 01:40 pm

So what are you saying, everything is okay and let's continue on.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 03/03/14, 01:44 pm

Zizou wrote:So what are you saying, everything is okay and let's continue on.

Only what I said... Sorry, but that's all.
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 03/03/14, 01:47 pm

But what I will say is:

Refs always get on here and say "get your Ref Badge!!" That is not realistic, but I can say 150% for sure that if anyone of you actually Reffed 5 SDL games, you would come away hating the parents... And that is a guarantee....
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by canaryman 03/03/14, 01:55 pm

soccersounder wrote:But what I will say is:

Refs always get on here and say "get your Ref Badge!!" That is not realistic, but I can say 150% for sure that if anyone of you actually Reffed 5 SDL games, you would come away hating the parents... And that is a guarantee....

For sure...I would definitely hate myself if I was a ref

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 03/03/14, 02:06 pm

Saw two yellows given out last week in SDL. But very few anywhere else.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 03/03/14, 02:08 pm

soccersounder wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
Lefty wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:I've seen 2 reds given in one game to the same team (U-15).

Words or weapons?

Nothing like that. Just dangerous rough play.

But my boy, at U-9 was taken down from behind when he didn't even have the ball.
It was long gone on towards goal when the foul occurred. Only after the ref realized my
son's ankle was broken that he then gave a yellow card to the other player. That kid shrugged
and kept playing in the game, while my son spent last summer on crutches in cast.

So your point is??

The Refs do hand out cards (2 Reds in your daughters game) OR they don't (when your son was injured)???

My point is.... I've seen cards handed out, and at times they aren't.
Those are my stories, and I'm sticking to them.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 02:31 pm

The referee excuse, it easier to call nothing and then no one has a reason to be upset get paid and do it all over again.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 03/03/14, 02:35 pm

soccersounder wrote:Everyone is an expert in here when it comes to Refing a game..

We used to have several Refs in here to represent... But I'll hold the weight on this one...

I'm a Ref. My policy is to go out and find the yellow(s) in every U14 Girls game and above (U13 for boys) game I Ref.. I know there will be yellows and it is my job to find them. I almost always do...

But for the younger age groups, I ONLY card for intentional pushes or worse off the ball or language... Any other foul, I can yell at the kid and they almost always tear up... These are pre-teens and not National Team players.. That is how I do it.. If you don't agree. I don't care.. I'm a parent too, so I know it is hard not to be bias when our DDs are playing. But I can Ref a game and have a mom tell me I'm the worse Ref EVER and a dad on the SAME TEAM tell me I am the best Ref they ever had...

But I aims to please...

But would you not agree that the same girl you just told to stop is usually the one with the elbow that flys out 6 more times? It only stops when she's put on her butt and starts crying (funny how the worst offenders end up being the biggest criers). Wouldn't a show of a card and the threat of being removed from the game been more effective?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 02:36 pm

Referees do not use the yellow card enough in the younger ages. Parents and players are conditioned that the yellow card is the end of the world. When it is just a warning to a player to stop a behavior. That is why basketball has five fouls and your out. Coaches and players are conditioned not to commit more than five fouls in a game. Each foul is a warning.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 02:42 pm

If a referee after throwing a yellow card at a player the player does not stop the behavior instead of using a red card the ref can ask the coach to remove the player from the game letting the coach speak with the player why she has been substituted from the game not eliminated for the contest. Maybe the coach can speak with the player about the situation coaching them that it hurts the team that they are not in the game because they cannot control themselves.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver 03/03/14, 03:14 pm

You are asking more from the Ref's than I am. We already have coaches to teach the girls. We just need the Ref's to keep the game under control. If more Yellows were issued, I think the game would revert back to skills and speed. I understand that soccer has more subjective rules than other sports but I can't think of a reason why a ref wouldn't card a girl using hands to shove or strike another player. Yet I see it multiple times each game. It has become an expected part of the game. Everyone sees it but no one calls it. Ref's shouldn't have to worry about parents. While the adults should police themselves, it really is the coach's job to keep their team and supporters in line not the Refs. I want their attention focused on the field.
Driver
Driver
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by canaryman 03/03/14, 03:26 pm

Driver wrote:You are asking more from the Ref's than I am.  We already have coaches to teach the girls.  We just need the Ref's to keep the game under control.  If more Yellows were issued, I think the game would revert back to skills and speed.  I understand that soccer has more subjective rules than other sports but I can't think of a reason why a ref wouldn't card a girl using hands to shove or strike another player.  Yet I see it multiple times each game.  It has become an expected part of the game.  Everyone sees it but no one calls it.  Ref's shouldn't have to worry about parents.  While the adults should police themselves, it really is the coach's job to keep their team and supporters in line not the Refs.  I want their attention focused on the field.

Agree 100%. The players start seeing some Yellow Cards being given...there will be less fouls and better, more skilled soccer. Sure, there will still be fouls...but its part of the game. There are fouls/penalties called in all the other sports at this age because its part of the game...so why not in soccer.

As for the parents...they are always going to scream and yell when a call doesn't go their way...but who cares...that's part of it too. Refs just have to brush it off and be confident in their calls and not let whiny parents or coaches dictate how they call a game.

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 03:35 pm

Good luck to you parents and teams entering LHGCL. League games are not controlled fields are battle grounds not soccer pitches. My DD has 8 games left in LHGCL. I don't know if the next level is any better, but the LHGCL experience has been a load of crap. We have no further to look than in our leagues why our DD are passed on at the national level. The continuos allowance of players to physically control games and the league and referees to allow this is wrong!

Last edited by Zizou on 03/03/14, 03:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/14, 03:36 pm

canaryman wrote:
Driver wrote:You are asking more from the Ref's than I am.  We already have coaches to teach the girls.  We just need the Ref's to keep the game under control.  If more Yellows were issued, I think the game would revert back to skills and speed.  I understand that soccer has more subjective rules than other sports but I can't think of a reason why a ref wouldn't card a girl using hands to shove or strike another player.  Yet I see it multiple times each game.  It has become an expected part of the game.  Everyone sees it but no one calls it.  Ref's shouldn't have to worry about parents.  While the adults should police themselves, it really is the coach's job to keep their team and supporters in line not the Refs.  I want their attention focused on the field.

Agree 100%.  The players start seeing some Yellow Cards being given...there will be less fouls and better, more skilled soccer.  Sure, there will still be fouls...but its part of the game.  There are fouls/penalties called in all the other sports at this age because its part of the game...so why not in soccer.

As for the parents...they are always going to scream and yell when a call doesn't go their way...but who cares...that's part of it too.  Refs just have to brush it off and be confident in their calls and not let whiny parents or coaches dictate how they call a game.

yes and playing with a yellow could put the brakes on fouling if the coach and the player knows they are just a foul away from playing a man down and sitting out a game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/14, 03:38 pm

Zizou wrote:Good luck to you parents and teams entering LHGCL. League games are not controlled fields are battle grounds not soccer pitches. My DD has 8 games left in LHGCL. I don't know if the next level is any better, but the LHGCL experience has been a load of crap. We have no further to look than in our leagues why our DD are passed on at the national level.

i understand, the level of cheap shot play in the older girls leagues is ridiculous. i have seen elbows thrown when the ball is already 20 yards away. no card. just cheap shots that are condoned by lazy refs...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/03/14, 03:41 pm

silentparent wrote:
canaryman wrote:

Agree 100%.  The players start seeing some Yellow Cards being given...there will be less fouls and better, more skilled soccer.  Sure, there will still be fouls...but its part of the game.  There are fouls/penalties called in all the other sports at this age because its part of the game...so why not in soccer.

As for the parents...they are always going to scream and yell when a call doesn't go their way...but who cares...that's part of it too.  Refs just have to brush it off and be confident in their calls and not let whiny parents or coaches dictate how they call a game.

yes and playing with a yellow could put the brakes on fouling if the coach and the player knows they are just a foul away from playing a man down and sitting out a game...

Players would then be conditioned to play the game without even getting a yellow card. Coaches would train players in their play that would prevent them from warnings and even ejections

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 03/03/14, 03:44 pm

Zizou wrote: Parents and players are conditioned that the yellow card is the end of the world.

This is quite true and I'm not sure how it happened. The yellow is a GREAT tool to control and sometimes change the entire complexion of the game. I always told the kids at kickoff "we're playing with SKILL today ladies/gents", and I meant it. The paperwork excuse is BS. Its not that hard.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next