North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Legends tournament comments Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Legends tournament comments

Go down

Legends tournament comments Empty Legends tournament comments

Post by PlayersDad 17/05/14, 04:13 pm

I'm a bit disappointed with Liverpool and the Legends tournament. Support staff was rude upon check-in, referees have been pro-Liverpool, Liverpool teams have played dirty (lots of ankle kicking), and at least one Liverpool coach was dropping F-bombs and calling our players "muppets". We hoped for better this weekend.
PlayersDad
PlayersDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Legends tournament comments Empty Re: Legends tournament comments

Post by FLGator 17/05/14, 05:06 pm

Now you know why all their quality coaches are running to other clubs...because they run their club like they are running this tournament. No attention to quality and service, it's only about getting money in the till. All their top coaches have left, now many of the next teir and up and coming coaches are trying to get out also...although LP is filing legal action or attempting to bully the coaches into staying.
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/14, 08:58 pm

Lol,  low post posters who probably lost their games. Happens every tournament regardless of who puts it on..

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 17/05/14, 11:04 pm

KopDad wrote:Now you know why all their quality coaches are running to other clubs...because they run their club like they are running this tournament.  No attention to quality and service, it's only about getting money in the till. All their top coaches have left, now many of the next teir and up and coming coaches are trying to get out also...although LP is filing legal action or attempting to bully the coaches into staying.

I am not sure I have read a sillier less truthful post. Although I am not sure of all the facts that you appear to know, from what I hear and know a few very weak coaches were either let go or left. It happens all the time, this time of year; just ask Texans, Solar or Fcd. Several top licensed coaches have recently joined the club, including the head coach of Liverpool FC's academy recently moved here to work with LP. It looks like they are growing here and through out the state adding new clubs and teams as well as if I am not mistaken having the largest local academy of any club. I would not be too worried about any legal action (I have not heard of any) except if LP decides to sue you for the stupidest post of the year.. (sorry I just couldn't stand your nonsense) . It is my understanding they invest more then any club into scholarships, coaches education and other programs and thankfully they put on several great tourn (including this weekends) as they are always well run and fun to play in.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 17/05/14, 11:45 pm

soccer4fun wrote:
KopDad wrote:Now you know why all their quality coaches are running to other clubs...because they run their club like they are running this tournament.  No attention to quality and service, it's only about getting money in the till. All their top coaches have left, now many of the next teir and up and coming coaches are trying to get out also...although LP is filing legal action or attempting to bully the coaches into staying.

I am not sure I have read a sillier less truthful post. Although I am not sure of all the facts that you appear to know, from what I hear and know a few very weak coaches were either let go or left. It happens all the time, this time of year; just ask Texans, Solar or Fcd. Several top licensed coaches have recently joined the club, including the head coach of Liverpool FC's academy recently moved here to work with LP. It looks like they are growing here and through out the state adding new clubs and teams as well as if I am not mistaken having the largest local academy of any club. I would not be too worried about any legal action (I have not heard of any) except if LP decides to sue you for the stupidest post of the year.. (sorry I just couldn't stand your nonsense) . It is my understanding they invest more then any club into scholarships, coaches education and other programs and thankfully they put on several great tourn (including this weekends) as they are always well run and fun to play in.

So if you are not sure of all the facts, how can you speak about the truthfulness of a post? I personally know of 2 coaches that LP is dragging through the courts because the coach AND the teams felt LP was not a good place for them. Another coach has received a letter threatening the same. You can copy and paste all the bullet points you want on here from the slides they feed you at the mgrs meetings, but when you are done delivering all those flats of flowers you should take a look around...you might just be walking alone...
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/05/14, 08:41 am

KopDad wrote:
soccer4fun wrote:

So if you are not sure of all the facts, how can you speak about the truthfulness of a post?  I personally know of 2 coaches that LP is dragging through the courts because the coach AND the teams felt LP was not a good place for them.  Another coach has received a letter threatening the same.  You can copy and paste all the bullet points you want on here from the slides they feed you at the mgrs meetings, but when you are done delivering all those flats of flowers you should take a look around...you might just be walking alone...

lol, do you spend as much time on your daughters soccer as you do preoccupying your time with a club's internal personnel matters?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 18/05/14, 09:14 am

a coach is an employee and he has to live by whatever contract he has signed. If there are coaches being sued it means they signed something like a non compete clause. So while you are free to take your kid to whatever club you want the coach has to follow the rules of the real world like the rest of us. But yes I would recommend you spend more time concerning yourself with your dd's game and less on the internal politics of clubs.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_papa 18/05/14, 01:34 pm

No comments re: LFCA. However - I will agree that the refs leave a lot to be desired. 3 games and each time they gave us a new crew of "three blind mice"". And by their fitness level; physiques; thickness of eyeglasses and grey hair (of most of them)...I'll contest that there is little chance they are Classic League refs.

soccer_papa
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PositiveSoccer6 18/05/14, 02:48 pm

Comments from the Games say that there were Positive decisions by the Ref - For One Side!  But the team overcame this extra adversity.

Having 'wayward refs' is good training for life... but hard to swallow when you are a Youth (looking for fairness) and taking the medicine
PositiveSoccer6
PositiveSoccer6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayersDad 18/05/14, 05:52 pm

silentparent wrote:Lol,  low post posters who probably lost their games. Happens every tournament regardless of who puts it on..

Lots of posts does not mean you impart much wisdom. For clarification, my daughter's team won all of her games. We have played in many tournaments with much better refs than this one.

Perhaps you should remain "silent" more often to avoid saying ignorant and stupid things (refer to your user image).

PlayersDad
PlayersDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 18/05/14, 06:20 pm

soccer_papa wrote:No comments re: LFCA.  However - I will agree that the refs leave a lot to be desired.  3 games and each time they gave us a new crew of "three blind mice"".  And by their fitness level; physiques; thickness of eyeglasses and grey hair (of most of them)...I'll contest that there is little chance they are Classic League refs.  

there are simply not a lot of great ref's; it is not an excuse but would you want to be one ? Me either and thankfully there are those that want to. I would suspect the "better" ones gravitate towards the higher levels as most in any profession can and do pick and choose where and when they want to work. It is tough at a youth level in a very active market to always secure those that are the top of their game. In my short few years of having a DD and BB that play at multiple venues and multiple leagues most ref's are average to good with a sprinkling of fair to poor; but as one of my favorite soccer quotes goes; "I have never seen a ref put the ball in the back of the net, so shut up and play". I guess the option would be no refs and then what would we have to complain about... adversity builds character so as I say to mine... shut up (or be quite) and play.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/05/14, 06:33 pm

Gkdad02 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed with Liverpool and the Legends tournament. Support staff was rude upon check-in, referees have been pro-Liverpool, Liverpool teams have played dirty (lots of ankle kicking), and at least one Liverpool coach was dropping F-bombs and calling our players "muppets". We hoped for better this weekend.

lol, this is the internet you can claim whatever wins you want but you sound like a 5 year old, they called us names, they played dirty the refs were against us blah blah blah...yawn

btw dont pm me, say whatever you have to say openly, newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamon 18/05/14, 07:08 pm

Off the bashing for a moment. Congrats to 02 Liverpool Thompson for winning U13 silver division. Congrats to Sting Parker as well as runner up. Hard fought final.

dreamon
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02 soccer mom 18/05/14, 09:00 pm

Yes dreamon very good game! Was very pleased to have a decent ref crew! Best crew all weekend! Sting Parker can't wait to meet back up in future games!
02 soccer mom
02 soccer mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayersDad 19/05/14, 08:23 am

soccer4fun: Good comments. You are correct that the kids have to play the game and work hard, even if the refs make mistakes (they are human after all). I believe some are saying that the tournament should hire better referees if they want to remain relevant. After playing 2 years in LHGCL, where the referees are generally very good, it is disappointing to attend tournaments where the referees are not nearly as good. Tournaments are a business, and the teams are their customers. If a tournament is well-organized, well-run, and fun, than the customers will return. On the other hand, if there is poor organization and poor service (i.e. poor refs), then the customers will not return. We enjoyed playing and winning in spite of refs that never made it out of the center circle, but I don't recommend participating in this tournament next year because of the poor customer service from the tournament (and supporting club). There are lots of soccer tournaments in the metroplex and surrounding cities each weekend ... the best tournaments will get the most teams ... unfortunately, from my perspective The Legends Tourney and Liverpool were not one of the "best tournaments" this weekend.
PlayersDad
PlayersDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/05/14, 08:27 am

Oh the goalkeepers dad from Saints 02 is back. Even though you won you came on here to cry about the refs who were for Liverpool, the  team was dirty, they called us names.  Note to future teams who play Saints 02 win or lose the goalkeepers dad from Saints 02 will be here crying about how  unfair everything  is,  boo hoo hoo....

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayersDad 19/05/14, 08:40 am

FYI ... you can always silence the un-needed comments of silentparent by going to your profile and adding them to you "foes" list ... it hides his/her posts from the forums ... useful tool. (Look for the 'Friends and Foes' tab and enter the username into the foes box.)
PlayersDad
PlayersDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by okiedokie 19/05/14, 10:13 am

dreamon wrote:Off the bashing for a moment. Congrats to 02 Liverpool Thompson for winning U13 silver division. Congrats to Sting Parker as well as runner up. Hard fought final.
Yes, congrats to the D2 teams that played up a year.

okiedokie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/05/14, 10:23 am

FWIW my '02 daughter was guest playing so I had very little "skin" in the game in terms of refs being pro or con towards a given club. I saw three of four games; I thought the refs did a fair job. Some questionable off sides calls (IMO) but I wasn't standing on the line and the ref was there; that's why he is paid to make the call.  Shocked 

Certainly each crew had their level of "expectations" but it seemed equal across teams. Meaning one of the games I watched was especially pushy but the ref was equal in treatment re: calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 19/05/14, 10:46 am

I imagine every tournament was stretched a little thin this weekend looking for refs but to think that the refs are collectively pro one club or another is laughable. Heck from most of the tournaments I ever attended I'd imagine about 50% of the refs couldn't tell Liverpool from FC Dallas from the Texans.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down